• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 2,056 Views, 47 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony - Samuel-Neocros



It was a regular day, until a stallion named Sam, mysteriously showed up. He has no memory of where he was from, not even knowing what a Cutie Mark is! Soon Sam must discover who he is, and defeat the coming darkness that threatens Ponyville...

  • ...
4
 47
 2,056

Sam and Rainbow

Outside of Ponyville

It had been only a day since his defeat. Slaughter was slithering through the tall grass in a open field, completely and utterly baffled at how easily Sam was able to get him on the run. Slaughter did admit though, what he thought of next gave him a toothy smile. His thought was that of Sam being some kind of marry sue.

”Heh, what-ta joke...” He thought humorously. Slaughter dug his clawed fingers into the dirt to pull himself across the ground, grunting every time he hits a rock as he did so. His legs kicked against the ground, trying to give himself a boost in crawl speed. He looked up to see a nearby tree. Thinking quickly, he decided he’ll sleep there until he’s well enough to reach the cave. Slaughter bite his lip. “This is going to be a Lo-o-ong day...”


Near the front door in Twilight’s Castle

Sam was talking with Spike, about the event that happened with the dragons.

“Huh... so this Ember, has became the new princess?” Sam thought. Though he never heard of Ember, he took Spike’s word for her personality and such.

“Say... Sam? How is it that the dragon lord’s call didn’t happen to you? You can transform into a dragon, don’t you think that when the lord’s call came, you would be forced into this like me?”

Sam paused.

“Actually... yeah, How is it that I didn’t...” He trailed off. Sam glanced over, and spotted Rainbow Dash go out the door. He suddenly felt a ting within his chest, causing him to cringe, and grunt. He pressed his hoof to his chest.

“The hey!?” He thought. Spike’s eyes widened.

“S-sam? What’s wrong?” Spike asked. Then Sam paused, usually he would naturally be scared in this moment. But for some reason, he wasn’t feeling fear, instead, he felt... anticipation. He was rather surprised, to say the least. Expecting it to be important, he waited for something to happen, and sure enough; something happened. He heard something within his head.

“.... P... please... follow.... her....” The voice was calm, with a slight Australian accent. Sam wanted to ask more, but there was something about that voice that told him everything. He proceeded to trot out the front doors, following Dash in a way.

Spike saw him turn to the door, and wondered what was wrong. Then he witnessed Sam galloping out the door, he seemed to be in a hurry.

“W-wait, Sam!” Spike called. Sam ignored him, and proceeded to leave the castle. Spike just stood there, rather confused. “Was it something I said?”


Inside the womb-like chamber, the blue dragon smiled warmly when Sam ran after the mare of his dreams. Neocros had been receiving dreams of this Rainbow beauty, which makes him feel emotions that made his heart fuzzy.

Though he can’t talk physically, he found a way to speak telepathically. The mere thought of Rainbow Dash seems to make him calmer than he would be, normally. Neo felt a strong desire, a passion, to get to know this pony. This mare who seems to be a remedy to his lost soul, yet somehow... she looked familiar...


Rainbow Dash flew through the sky, as usual. She was thinking about the day when Slaughter attacked, and somehow felt shivers down her spine when she that note he left. Dash couldn’t help but feel bothered by this, since this came out of nowhere. In fact, why her? He was vary close to succeeding until Sam came to the rescue.

“Just what was Slaughter planning to do, with me and Fluttershy anyway?” She puzzled. Rainbow couldn’t think of anything rational, and just assumed that Slaughter was just your stereotypical creeping tom. Why was she even thinking about him anyway? She had no clue. After a few seconds, Rainbow Dash glanced down at the ground below her, and noticed a certain tan colored pony below her. “Sam?”

“Rainbow Dash!” He called from below. Dash swooped down, and landed near him. She was curious as to why he’s here, out in the open. Sam usually stayed inside the castle, and rarely went out. Whenever he did, he would have a reason.

“What’s up, Sam?”

Sam stuttered, and paused. What was he suppose to say? Should he come up with an excuse? Or tell her that a voice told him to follow her?

“No! She’ll think I’m crazy!” He thought. Sam was having trouble on what to say, which made him feel a twinge of anxiety.

Rainbow noticed Sam’s nervousness, and tilted her head.

“Uhm... Sam?”

“I-i uh... I was... was fo--observing? From a distance...” He tried to not look nervous, but he was. Rainbow blinked.

“Observing what?”

“Uhm.... y-... you?” He replied nervously. He wasn’t sure whether to smile or frown. Rainbow was left even more puzzled, but with her pride, she smirked.

“Like how awesome I am?” She teased.

“W-what i-if... uh.. Slaughter might come back, I mean.. He did say he liked you, and let’s not forgot the fact he retreated. Sooo... mind if I tag along? I do feel bored inside the castle.”

"Uh.... sure..... come on then," Dash said, unsure what to make of it all. Sam felt a strange tickle within him, causing him to smile. Little did Sam know, it was Neocros showcasing his happiness.

The two decided to go to one of the eateries in town. Rainbow was getting a little hungry after all.

The tickle inside Sam soon turned into a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever he glances at the pony hovering next to him. Rainbow noticed that he was constantly looking over at her, so she asked.

“So.. how’ve you been?”

Sam honestly didn’t know how to respond. In the days he’s been here, he didn’t exactly socialize much, since he was too busy obsessing over what Voss could offer next. But still--Sam felt like he had a goal here, but it took a few days for him to get going.

“W-well.. er... I.. don’t know...” He uttered. Rainbow smiled.

“It’s alright, I’m sure something awesome will happen!” She assured. Once again, Sam felt Neocros’ happy feeling rise up inside. He smiled a little from it, and looked over to Dash.

“Thank you...”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the much shorter chapter, I honestly didn’t feel like stretching it to 5,000. If there’s one thing to describe this one, is tired. I know it seems like It’s unfinished, but I honestly had no clue where to go after the Thank You, and so I decided to just leave it there while it’s still good, I guess.

Y’know, I haven’t really thought of it until now, but I found myself feeling bored of the colors. Then again it could be my gloomy state--at the time of me writing these notes. So maybe by the time you read this, I may either be considering on dropping the colors, or just wanting to keep them for just because.

But still, let me know what you think in the comments!

(I hope you comment ;_;)