• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

A Perfect Night

AJ and the Dragon

Chapter 15

A Perfect Night

"I'm gonna get Twilight for this." Spike grumbled as he shook the water off his scales and hopped out of the tub, filled to the brim with bubbles and suds.

Discord removed the umbrellas from the other guys, who were protecting themselves from the flying water droplets. "Be grateful that we all know that this is your last chance to tell to Applejack how you feel about her." He said.

Spike grabbed a towel and began to dry himself. "I'm not sure I can do this, guys."

"You can't be shy now." Cheese said. "Pinkie and I have everything planned out. After dinner, Fancy will provide soft music to provide the mood, along with Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy singing along. The perfect romantic atmosphere."

"And the girls will be wearing some of Rarity's newest designs." Fancy added. "While Discord gives us our attires."

"And then, when the moment is right, you tell AJ your feelings for her." Soarin' said as Discord snapped his fingers, and a dark blue tuxedo with a light blue tie appeared on him. The other guys were also wearing their own black tuxedos, but with different colored ties. Cheese had a dark green bowtie, Fancy had a dark blue one, and Discord had on a velvet red.

"I can't, though!" Spike exclaimed as he finally finished drying himself.

"Do you care for her?" Discord asked dryly.

"Course I do!" Spike snapped back.

"Then, shut down your nerves and tell her!" Discord snapped his fingers again. Spike quickly found himself in a dark green suit with a deep purple tie.

"Well, have you guys told the other girls how you feel about them?" He demanded, making them freeze.

Throughout the year, Spike was smart enough to see that they all had the hots for the other girls. Discord would not leave Fluttershy's side. Fancy would always treat Rarity like a princess. Cheese was almost always with Pinkie Pie. And Soarin' would playfully flirt with Rainbow Dash from time to time. "I thought so."

"Touché." Soarin' said, rubbing the back of his head.

"But still, you can't chicken out now." Discord said. "Not with time running out and our friends' fates on the line."

The dragon took a deep breath. They're right. He can do this. He was just going to confess his feelings to the most beautiful and toughest girl in Equestria. No pressure.

A knock was then heard on the door, and it opened to reveal Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Rarity's little sister wore a white dress down her her legs with a round neckline and soft pink trim on the sleeves and skirt and matching shoes, while Dash's adoptive sister wore a blue dress with a V-neckline, and dark gold designs all over the bodice, and the skirt flowed to her knees, and she wore black low heels.

"Come on, fellas." Scootaloo said excitedly.

"Everyone's waiting downstairs." Sweetie Belle added.

Spike gulped nervously and followed the youngest girls downstairs with the other guys. Soon, they were at the bottom of the main staircase, where the elder girls were waiting. Spike watched as his friends mingle with each other.

He saw Fancy and Rarity talking with each other as they each admired the other's wardrobe. Rarity was wearing a sparkling aqua blue knee-length dress with a ruffled skirt, one shoulder strap on her right shoulder, and she wore shining white boots with her signature diamonds on them.

He then saw Cheese twirling Pinkie Pie around near the staircase. Pinkie wore a strapless blue and purple knee-length dress with a sweetheart neckline, a yellow ribbon tied around the waist, her signature balloons on the skirt, a mini blue top hat on her head, and matching purple boots.

Spike turned to Discord, who was sitting on a couch and next to Fluttershy, whom he was singing praises to, making her blush bright pink. She wore a strapless blue and yellow knee-length dress with her signature butterflies on the skirt and matching boots that had soft pink trim.

His eyes wandered over to Soarin' and Rainbow Dash. They were standing near the foyer, and the former was blushing bright red while the latter was teasing him mercilessly by pulling false advances on him. He'll admit this, he doesn't blame the Wonderbolt for being slack-jawed at the sight of his fellow teammate.

Dash wore a rainbow patterned dress with two dark purple shoulder straps, the skirt falling down in a diagonal direction, and a matching violet rope ribbon around the waist with a gold medallion that has her signature lightning bolt. She also wore fingerless purple opera gloves and red fancy boots with wings on the side.

Spike then saw Twilight come over to them to join Rainbow in teasing the poor guy, making the dragon snicker. His best friend was wearing a strapless hot pink and white knee-length ruffled dress with a sweetheart neckline, a small white ribbon tied at the waist, dark purple trim, and matching boots that sparkled like stars.

"Howdy there, Spike." A familiar voice caught his attention. "You finally came."

The dragon in question turned to the girl that was talking to him, and his breath got caught in his throat. Applejack was looking even more beautiful tonight. She wore a strapless blue knee-length dress that had a white ribbon around the waist and red apples, red lace, and white curves on the hem of the skirt. She also wore a small white scarf around her neck, a fancy new brown Stetson hat with a red rose on it on her head, careful of her pony ears, and new matching brown boots with apples and lime green trim.

"H-hey, Applejack." Spike stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Since when did it get hot in the room all of a sudden? "Um, you look, uh, great."

AJ didn't know why, but his compliment made her feel warm, and she hoped that color wasn't showing in her cheeks. "Thanks." She said, rubbing her arm.

"Come on!" Pinkie exclaimed, dragging Cheese behind her. "Let's get this party started!"


After a great dinner of apple fritters and potato soup, courtesy of Discord, and a dessert of apple pies and ice cream, Cheese took Pinkie by the hand. "Come on, everyone! It's time to dance!"

Spike gulped nervously. Dance? With Applejack? But, he didn't have time to start to worry about that, because AJ had begun dragging him over to the ballroom to follow everyone else.

"Do you even know how to dance like this?" He asked her.

"Rarity insisted that I learn a little bit for future fancy-schmancy parties that we go to." She explained.

"That makes sense." He commented. "Wish I could remember."

"Just follow my lead, and listen to the music." After she said that, Fancy Pants began playing the piano. Discord snapped his fingers and a violin materialized out of thin air and began playing by itself. Twilight was in between the two instruments, Rarity was sitting next to Fancy, and Fluttershy sat below the enchanted violin. One at a time, the three began to sing.

Twilight: Tale as old as time.

Rarity: True as it can be.

Fluttershy: Barely even friends,
Then somebody bends unexpectedly.

Spike and Applejack looked around them and saw that Pinkie and Cheese were actually dancing slowly to the calm melody, and above them, Soarin' and Rainbow Dash were gently twirling around each other while holding hands; which was also strange for the two Wonderbolts. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, however, were sitting on the small platform off to the right side of the room, watching everyone dance.

Twilight: Just a little change.

Rarity: Small to say the least.

Fluttershy: Both a little scared,
Neither one prepared.

All three: Beauty and the beast.

The cowgirl and the dragon looked at each other and shrugged, both deciding to go along with everyone else. Spike carefully placed one of his clawed hands on AJ's waist, while she placed her hand on his shoulder. Their other hands interlocked with each other as they began to move around the room.

Twilight: Ever just the same.

Rarity: Ever a surprise.

Fluttershy: Ever as before,
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise.

Twilight: Tale as old as time.

Fluttershy: Tune as old as song.

Rarity: Bittersweet and strange,
Finding you can change,
Learning you were wrong.

As the song continued, Spike couldn't tear his eyes away from Applejack's emerald green eyes. Not even the most purely cut of those precious gems can compare to hers. Her long blonde hair was shining like pure gold in the candlelight, and her freckles were like tiny stars on her cheeks, giving her a sense of innocence.

And AJ felt entranced by Spike's own eyes; emerald green like her own. She couldn't believe that a few months ago, she considered him to be a cold and heartless beast. But now, she sees a friend just under a curse, looking to be free from his past mistakes. And the thought of the security she feels by just being in his arms made her never want to leave them.

Everybody else was watching them with hopeful smiles. Those two were in their own world. This plan seems to be working wonderfully.

Twilight: Certain as the sun
Rising in the east,
Tale as old as time.

Fluttershy: Song as old as rhyme.

All three: Beauty and the beast.

On Discord's cue, the candlelight dimmed. But Applejack and Spike were still lost in each other's eyes. To them, the other's green orbs were glowing brightly in the moonlight that was softly streaming in through the glass windows.

Tale as old as time.
Song as old as rhyme.
Beauty and the beast.

As they watched the pair go out onto the balcony, Rarity saw her younger sister starting to doze off, along with Scootaloo. Rainbow took notice of that, too. She flew down towards her, with Soarin' behind her.

"All right, squirt." She said, gently shaking her. "How about you get over to bed?"

"That goes for you as well, Sweetie Belle." Rarity added, helping her sister up on her feet.

The two younger girls only yawned in agreement and headed out of the ballroom. But before they left, they stole one last glance towards the pair out on the balcony. They dearly hoped that this will work. It has to.

Author's Note:

A/N: A whole lot of sweetness, right? I love writing this kind of stuff. But I think y'all knows what happens next. It goes downhill from here. So much for the plan.

Whoa, there! I'm getting ahead of myself here. You guys will have to wait until the next chapter.

See y'all in Chapter 16! Please let me know what you think!

Got to fly! ;)