• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

Pie Deliveries

AJ and the Dragon

Chapter 2

Pie Deliveries

Applejack made it to the end of the path leading out of Ponyville back towards her home, her eyes not leaving the page she was on, when she sensed something come front of her.

"Hello, Applejack." said a voice that was all too familiar to her.

AJ controlled her urge to roll her eyes in annoyance. She opted for at least a return greeting, but kept her eyes on the page she was reading. "Howdy, Brandy."

Seeing that she wasn't looking at him, the hunter snapped the journal shut and plucked it out of her hands. AJ scowled at him.

"Brandy, give me that back." She asked, her palm open.

"What are you reading? I didn't see you as one who would be reading books." The cowgirl scowled even deeper. Brandy was about to open it, but Applejack grabbed it away.

"Now, a fella like you shouldn't read someone else's journal." She tugged it away and placed it under her arm.

"Oh, my bad." Brandy apologized. "I didn't know."

"Of course ya didn't." AJ muttered under her breath. She disliked Brandy Bar ever since he came to Ponyville. So did her friends, even Rarity. She knew that they knew he was handsome, but they all knew there was no substance underneath. Rarity didn't want to make the same mistake, like what happened with her and Prince Blueblood.

"You miss them, right?" Brandy asked her, faking sincerity.

Applejack became quiet. It has been almost six months since they went missing. When their disappearances were reported, it was like the life of the town was sucked right out. Especially for AJ. But, she managed to keep everyone else happy with her own smile and presence.

When he saw that he struck a chord in her, Brandy slowly got closer to her. "I got something that will erase that frown."

AJ froze. Now what? "Oh, really?" She asked.

"What do you say you and I go and grab some food?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, but she spun out of the way.

"Maybe another time." She said. "Right now, I have some other chores to do, so see ya!"

But before she could walk away, there was a loud CRASH!, coming from near Sweet Apple Acres. Once she heard it, AJ began running as fast as she could, away from a frustrated Brandy Bar, and towards her home.


When she came to the farmhouse, there was smoke coming from the back kitchen doors. Applejack stepped inside and saw that the place was a disaster. There was batter that had exploded everywhere, the oven had black smoke streaming out, and there were plates and pans all over the floor, thankfully only a couple of them broken.

"What in tarnation happened here?!" AJ shouted.

"Sorry, Applejack." said a voice. A young girl of 14 years came out from behind the table that had some of the batter splashed onto the surface, probably to shield herself from the mess that had happened. The young girl had long red hair pulled into a long ponytail with a pink bow. Her skin was pale yellow, her eyes were an orangey hazel, and she wore a light green shirt, jean shorts, and light orange cowgirl boots with red trim. It was Applejack's younger sister, Apple Bloom.

"I was trying to help Granny out by making the last of the apple pies for the monthly deliveries, but it didn't exactly work like a well oiled machine." She admitted embarrassed, gesturing to the mess.

AJ smiled fondly. That was just like her sister, always wanting to help. "It's all right, lil' sis. Tell ya what. You start cleaning, I'll start baking the next batch, and I'll help ya out when I'm done putting 'em to bake."

Apple Bloom grinned with relief. "Done and done!"


After they got everything cleaned up, the two sisters went over to dinner with their Granny Smith and their older brother, Big Macintosh.

Big Mac, as everyone calls him, had light orange hair, rosy pale skin, and shared Applejack's emerald green eyes and freckles. He wore a white shirt under a red sweater with a brown collar, jeans, and red sneakers.

Granny Smith was an elderly woman with light gray hair in a tight yet messy bun, apple green skin, and light orangey hazel eyes matching Apple Bloom's. She wore a pale yellow shirt with an orange bandana with red apples around her neck, a red skirt with an apron having an old juice stain around it, silver low pumps, and her ears were pierced with apple earrings.

"Applejack, I need ya to stay here with me to help with the last of the harvest before winter hits." Granny said.

"But, what about the pie deliveries to the village in the mountains?" AJ asked. "Big Mac can't handle all of 'em."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"I can go!" Apple Bloom piped up, turning over to the elder two.

"Uh..." The two older siblings thought aloud, sharing a nervous glance.

"Please?" Their younger sister begged with big hazel puppy eyes.

"Granny, what do you think?" asked a reluctant AJ.

"Well, ya can go, if you two youngsters promise to look out for each other and be back in time." Granny Smith replied.

"Yahoo!" Apple Bloom cheered, standing up from her seat.


The next day, the Apple family loaded up the cart with apple pies. Big Mac took the steering, holding up the wagon, with Apple Bloom sitting behind him.

Winona, Applejack's brown and white collie dog, then came up to them, yipping and wagging her tail.

"Hiya, girl!" AJ petted her head. She then turned to her siblings, an idea coming up in her head. "Why don't y'all take Winona with ya? If anything happens, she'll come and get me."

"Well, I don't think that'll be necessary, AJ, but alright." Big Mac said.

Winona then jumped aboard the wagon beside Apple Bloom, and all three of them started on their way.

"Bye, y'all!" Applejack waved to them along with Granny Smith.

"Be safe!" Granny called.

"We will!" Apple Bloom assured them as they rode off into the distance.

Author's Note:

A/N: This is short, I know, but there wasn't much to go on in this one. Oh, well.

Don't forget to please let me know what you guys think so far. I'll see y'all in Chapter 3!

Got to fly! ;)