• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

The Chamber of the Dragon

AJ and the Dragon

Chapter 10

The Chamber of the Dragon

Back in the castle, Pinkie and Cheese were hopping around the hallways, leading the large group, while everyone else were either walking or flying along. Applejack was eyeing everything from the ceilings to the walls and floor, trying to find anything out of the ordinary. But, she can admit, the place was pretty fascinating.

"And here, we have some tapestries dating back 200 years ago." Pinkie show cased a woven tapestry depicting a picture of a huge dragon, with hundreds of smaller ones bowing down to him.

AJ looked at it carefully. "So, did this Dragon really come from the Dragon Lands?" She asked.

"Yes, he did." Twilight confirmed.

"And it seems that he came here to become a ruler in Equestria." Rarity said with a bit of spite in her voice.

As they continued the tour, Applejack saw a staircase leading upstairs in two different directions. She noticed that one of the ways seemed a little bit colder than the other one. She slowly stopped walking with the group, curious.

Just then, Rainbow Dash looked towards the back and saw what AJ was doing. She lightly punched Soarin' in the arm and gestured back. He then saw the cowgirl slowly walking towards the staircase. He whistled sharply, making everyone turn to him. He and Rainbow pointed back, and they all quickly rushed over to block Applejack from climbing the stairs any further.

"What's up there?" AJ asked.

"Er, nothing." Rarity said hastily. "Nothing at all. There's nothing interesting in the West Wing. Just dust and old trinkets."

"Huh. So, that's the West Wing." Applejack said, intrigued.

Everyone flinched. "Nice going, Rare." Dash grumbled.

"Wonder what he's hiding up there." AJ wondered aloud.

"Hiding?" Pinkie repeated, her eyes wandering around nervously. "Nothing. The Dragon's hiding nothing. Nope."

"Then, it wouldn't be forbidden." AJ said, trying again to get past her friends. But, Discord snapped his fingers and teleported everyone back to the bottom of the staircase.

"Listen, Applejack." Twilight said. "That's where the Dragon goes when he wants to be alone. So, it's best not to bother him."

"Maybe you should see something else, AJ." Rainbow suggested.

"Yeah." Cheese piped up. "We have the library or the gardens."

"Ooh! I just remembered something!" Pinkie broke in. "We actually planted some apple trees!"

"Apple trees?" Applejack repeated.

"Yes!" Rarity confirmed, making it sound exciting. "We planted some in the greenhouse, to remind us of you."

"Even though Discord enchanted a couple of them." Fluttershy added, glancing over at the god of chaos. "Some of them don't even taste like apples."

"What?" Discord asked, trying to play innocent in front of her. "At least they give fruit all year round."

As everyone began talking about the enchanted apple trees, they didn't notice that AJ had snuck away again and went back over to the staircase. She climbed up, turned left, and walked down a dimly lit hallway. The further down she walked, the more chills she felt go down her spine.


Soon, she came in front of a huge wooden door. The handles were a worn out gold color, and lightly decorated with cobwebs. This must be the West Wing. Applejack reached out to grab one of the handles, but then stopped. She turned around to see if anyone was nearby.

Was she really going to do this? She said that she wouldn't go into the West Wing. But, she remembered that she was going to find a way to help her friends. So, she grabbed one of the handles and pulled open the door.

AJ peered in and saw dust and cobwebs everywhere; all over upturned and ruined furniture. There was hardly any light, making it seem very ominous. She quietly stepped in and watched her steps over some broken glass from a picture mirror nearby on a wall. The mirror was cracked badly, like sharp claws had slashed at it.

Applejack looked around the dark room. She scanned everything, looking for something suspicious. Then, a nearby painting caught her eye. She saw a young teenage girl next to a younger boy. The girl had navy blue hair cut short to her chin, light blue skin, and hazel draconic eyes. She wore golden armor all over, and had a matching helmet tucked under her arm. The boy next to her, though, seemed somewhat familiar. However, his side of the painting was tore by slash marks as well. The only thing Applejack could make out was his eyes. They were draconic as well, but were a dazzling emerald color.

A sudden sky blue light caught AJ's attention. She turned around and saw that the light was coming from near the open doors of the balcony. She walked towards it and saw a beautiful Ice Iris under a glass bell jar.

The lilac petals looked soft to the touch. The flower was starting to droop a little bit, but it was still in full bloom. Yet, it was floating in the air. It was the most magnificent thing Applejack had ever seen.

This could be a clue. She thought. AJ carefully removed the jar and slowly reached out to touch the Ice Iris.

Suddenly, there was a loud bone-chilling growl. Applejack quickly spun around and saw the Dragon snarling viciously at her. He rushed forward and placed the glass jar over the Ice Iris, glaring at her. She slowly stepped back, a bit of fright etched on her face.

"I thought I said that you are not allowed here." The Dragon growled.

Applejack glared at him, trying to continue her previous brave demeanor. "I want to find something that can help my friends."

"Friends?" He asked.

"Those who you label 'servants'." AJ hissed at him, disgust burning in her eyes.

"GET OUT!" The Dragon roared at her.

Even though she was afraid, Applejack still kept up a fiery glare. "I'll get out, all right! And away from this crazy joint!" With that, she ran out of the West Wing.


Back downstairs, everyone was searching for Applejack.

"How did she sneak off like that?" Discord ranted. "I was supposed to be the sneaky one!"

Rainbow Dash bonked him on the head again. "Quit your bawling, Discord." She snapped.

"Let's just find AJ and hope she didn't get into trouble." Soarin' said.

Suddenly, Applejack jumped down the stairs and whistled sharply. Winona perked up and immediately took after her mistress.

"Applejack, where are you going?" Rarity asked as everyone turned around and saw her.

AJ grabbed her dark red jacket from around her waist and quickly put it on. "Gettin' the heck outta here!" She answered. "Don't worry! I'll be back with all of Ponyville!"

Before anyone could stop her, she and Winona burst through the doors and out into the Everfree Forest.

"Well, there goes our only chance of being ourselves again." Pinkie said dryly. But, Twilight looked ready to explode.

"I've had it!" She yelled. "Discord, you and I need to talk to him."

"I look forward to it." Then, with a snap of his fingers, he teleported himself and Twilight into the West Wing, where the Dragon was overlooking the balcony.

"Nice going!" Twilight yelled at him. "Now, you sent her off into the forest!"

The Dragon blinked in surprise. "She must be crazier than I thought."

Twilight grabbed one of his spines roughly, making him wince. "And you are going to bring her back! She was our last chance! If you want to be free from this curse, then you need to learn how to change!"

The Dragon took her words in consideration, despite the throbbing pain on his head. She was right. The cowgirl may be his last chance.

"How, though? Remember the stupid barrier that you put up to keep me here?" He reminded.

"I can open it up for a short amount of time." Discord spoke up. "And you must get back here with her. So, no funny business."

"Go." Twilight urged. "Show me and my friend that you are willing to change."

The Dragon stared at her, shocked. The cowgirl was telling the truth. No wonder she had some resent to him. The reality of his mistakes were starting to hit him hard in the head. What have I done? He thought.

Discord snapped his fingers again. The magenta barrier came visible, and a hole was forming at the entrance. The Dragon looked at the Everfree Forest, where another winter storm was starting to brew. He just hoped that there was still time.

Author's Note:

A/N: Hope y'all enjoyed it, though! See ya in Chapter 11, where the shippers' favorite AppleSpike moment gets a Beauty and the Beast twist. Please let me know what you think.

Got to fly! ;)