• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

Prologue

AJ and the Dragon

Prologue

Throughout the land of Equestria, there were growing rumors of a prince from the Dragon Lands living in the mysterious Everfree Forest, who had captured some girls to become his servants in his castle. Others have tried to rescue them, but all of them failed and are suffering the same fate. These acts of cruelty got the attention of Princess Celestia, one of the two rulers of Equestria.

So, she decided to send her faithful student, the Princess of Friendship, to go and study the prince; to see what is he like and why he would do something like holding all of these innocents prisoner. She agreed, for some of the girls that were captured were some of her closest friends.

When the princess arrived at the rebuilding castle in the forest, she was surprised that such a cruel prince was actually quite handsome. He had wild green hair, matching draconic eyes, purple skin, a strong and lean body, and a regal manner showing his status as a royal. But that did nothing to stir her from her mission. She was only here to help her friends and the others and see if she could get the prince to see reason.

During the next couple of weeks of her stay at his castle that he was remodeling, the prince and princess had grown very close, especially during their time together in the large, magnificent library. But, from behind his back, the princess and her friends had concocted a plan for everyone to escape the castle. But the prince soon found out about their plans. Feeling betrayed, he angrily lashed out at the princess and her friends, and he locked the gates to prevent them from escaping again.

It was that harsh act towards them that made the princess realize just how cold hearted her so-called new friend really was. She came up with a plan that was extremely risky, but it would seem like the only way to get through to him. She told Princess Celestia about it before she went with her plan. Though Celestia had shared her concerns about her plan, the young princess assured her that hopefully, he would see reason. If not, well, it would really hurt her soul.


The princess knocked on the large wooden double doors, wrapping herself tighter in a deep purple but muddy cloak to resist the early spring wind. She pulled the strong-smelling mask further up her face as she waited for the door to open. It was dark, and Celestia's sister, Luna; her moon was high up in the sky.

Soon, it did, and it revealed the prince. He took in her poor appearance and a scowl came up on his face. She breathed a silent sigh of relief when it was obvious he didn't recognize her.

"Good sir," the princess croaked, pretending to sound hoarse, "can you please offer me shelter for the night? I'm exhausted. And I'm sure that you know that these woods are very dangerous at this hour."

The prince glared at her. He would leave this peasant out for the monsters lurking out in the briars. He might actually be doing her a favor, since the life he was now living; he would rather die. "Me, give you a place to stay?" He asked, not believing what she had said. "No way! I'm not giving you anything! Get out!" He shouted. "You obviously also need to bathe."

A small frown came on the disguised princess' face. Just one more chance, and it will show that her really risky and bad plan will be the only way to get through to him. "Is that all you really care about?" She asked. "Are looks that important to you? I have learned that true beauty comes from the inside."

The prince scoffed. "What a bunch of junk!" He shouted, rolling his eyes. "Get out of my sight, NOW!"

That bellow was the last straw. In reality, she really hoped it wouldn't come to this. "You leave me no choice, then." She said as she threw her cloak off and revealed herself.

The prince was surprised to see her. "It-it was you?" HE suddenly felt guilty that he had just yelled at his first real friend. "I'm so sorry."

"You're only sorry now because you realized that it was me." The princess said, feeling a lump get caught in her throat. "Tonight, you have shown me that you are not what I thought you are. So, you leave me no choice but to do this." The princess flapped her wings as she got a few feet into the air. Her hands began glowing with raspberry colored sparkles. "You have until next spring to amend your ways and find someone who will love you, or you will remain this way forever." Tears were now starting to stream down her face.

"Like what?" The prince asked, seeing the tears and feeling a little afraid.

"As ugly as you are on the inside outside. A beast, a real dragon; cold and heartless." With that tearful statement, the princess unleashed a powerful beam of magenta light at him. And then, the same light began flooding throughout the castle as the princess added one last thing. "And it will not only be your fate that it is your hands; but everyone else's as well, including mine." Then everything went white.


Ashamed of his corrupted form, the dragon hid himself away in his castle, with a magic mirror that the princess had conjured up as his only window to the outside world. She also gave him an enchanted Ice Iris, which will remain in bloom until the spring equinox, after Winter Wrap Up.

Like the princess had said before, if he could let true friendship into his heart, and learn to love another, and earn their trust and love in return before winter turns into spring, when the last petal of the Ice Iris falls, then, the curse will be lifted. If not, he will forever remain in his monstrous form.

As the weeks faded into months, the prince fell into sorrow and lost all hope, for who can learn to love a beast like him?

Author's Note:

A/N: Hi, everyone! I'm new here to the site and this is my first MLP story that I have ever published. Was this prologue good enough for you guys?

I know I didn't mention certain characters right away, but, you guys already know who they are. I'll use their real names when they show up next.

Well, let me know what you guys think so far.

Got to fly!