• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

A Happy Ending

AJ and the Dragon

Chapter 21

A Happy Ending

A few weeks later, over at Canterlot Castle, there was a grand celebration being held to celebrate the return of Princess Twilight and her friends. And also to commemorate Applejack for her bravery, kindness, and determination to help that eventually warmed the heart of Spike.

Right now, the celebration had already begun as Spike and AJ, dressed in the clothes they wore for that magical night, were already dancing the first dance. When they stopped, they shared a quick and gentle kiss before resuming.

When Applejack introduced Spike to her family, he was nervous and shaky all over. He apologized to Apple Bloom and Big Mac for holding them prisoner, and to Granny Smith for holding her grandchildren hostage. Seeing that AJ was right about him changing for the better, and that they were in love, all was forgiven. Spike even got pretty close with Big Mac over him introducing the dragon-turned-human to Ogres and Oubilettes, along with Discord.

Speaking of the Lord of Chaos, he and Fluttershy were holding hands as they watched the couple twirl around the room. After the curse was broken, and all of the captives had returned joyously back to Ponyville, they had started to go out on a couple of dates... every two weeks. But, they weren't ready to quite say the "L" word, mostly at Fluttershy's expense. But Discord knew that they had all the time they needed.

Rainbow Dash and Soarin' returned to Wonderbolts Headquarters, and even though Spitfire, their leading captain gave them a harsh lecture, she and the other Wonderbolts were glad to have their top two fliers back on the team. And Soarin' and Rainbow had also gone out a few times, despite their team members teasing them and sometimes snooping.

Pinkie Pie returned back to her post over at Sugarcube Corner, and Cheese had moved in with her to help her with spreading joy in Ponyville when he wasn't being called by his Cheesy Sense. Every day was like the best day of their lives because of each other.

And Rarity went back and forth between Ponyville and Canterlot to manage her boutiques. Fancy Pants had told her that he would like to move to Ponyville to be closer to her, saying that he would rather give up everything he had just to be with her. She was touched, and they had soon begun to go out on dates.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were reunited with Apple Bloom, and they returned to their Crusader business with helping their classmates be who they can be and with creating their own music videos, which had gained them more popularity because of their return. Or at least, that was that they thought.

And Twilight was reunited with her family and teacher, and she and Flash finally decided to break protocol and go out together. Shining Armor almost got into overprotective big brother mode when they told him and his family during a visit to the Crystal Empire, but then gave them his blessing because of Flash watching out for her in that skirmish with Brandy and still being loyal to his position. Also so that Cadence won't pound him in the head, because she knew as much as he didn't want to admit that his little sister was growing up.

All of the new couples were wearing their dress clothes from that wonderful night as they watched Applejack and Spike dance. Twilight was right now standing next to Princess Celestia.

"So, Twilight?" Celestia asked her former student. "What did you learn from your time being what you are not?"

Twilight thought about that for a few seconds. But as she watched her two friends dance with bright smiles on their faces, she knew. "I learned that even when things seem dark, there's always hope for things to get better, and that everyone gets a second chance of being happy, if they look for it."

Celestia smiled. "Well said, Twilight." She said.

Just then, Flash came up to Twilight and bowed. "May I have this dance, Princess?" He asked, smiling brightly.

Twilight returned it and placed her hand in his outstretched one. "Yes, you may, good knight." She said as her grin turned teasingly.

Flash smirked and then led her to the dance floor and the two began waltzing. Celestia smiled to herself at the thought of another royal wedding happening in the future.

Just then, Fancy came up to Rarity. "Shall we join, milady?" He asked.

Rarity giggled. "Why, of course, my good sir." She answered, taking his hand.

Discord smirked at the others joining in the dance, and then started to gently pull Fluttershy closer towards the floor. But then, Fluttershy stopped him.

"I know what you want to do." She said. "But, that's not how it's done."

Discord knew that she knew he was trying to be sneaky. "Well, then. In accordance to the right way, shall we dance?"

Fluttershy rolled her eyes with a smile. "Yes, we shall." She complied.

Soarin' and Rainbow Dash watched the couples dancing, and the latter rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Shall we?" Soarin' asked her, taking the opportunity when it was at hand.

Dash glanced over at the ones dancing. "Uh, you sure?" She questioned. "It's a little bit... slow, don't you think?"

"Hey, you handled worse things, like villians and monsters, and yet you're saying you can't handle this?" Soarin' asked with a raised eyebrow.

Rainbow turned to him, raising a brow of her own. "Excuse me, mister." She chided, shooting him a smirk. "Are you implying that I can't handle dancing? Let me remind you of the last two times in that castle."

"Prove it, then." Soarin' challenged her with a returned smirk.

Rainbow narrowed her eyes playfully as she pulled her Wonderbolt teammate on the dance floor.

Watching her sister and her true love dance, Apple Bloom was grinning widely, while Granny Smith was wiping away some tears of happiness. Big Mac was also smiling softly at the scene.

"Big brother." Apple Bloom got her brother's attention. "I think Applejack and Spike are gonna have a happy endin', right?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac answered.

Spike and Applejack tore their eyes away from each other and saw their friends dancing together on the floor. They both smiled.

"Ah think that we all are havin' a mighty fine time right now." AJ said, looking up at her lover.

Spike smiled at the girl who had warmed his heart and looked deep into her eyes. "Yeah." He said. "And I think things will only get better for us."

"Ya said it." Applejack agreed with a bright smile.

Whether it was in their heads or actually happening, music started to play as they danced away.


In the hall where there were stained glass windows commemorating victories and events that shaped the history of Equestria, there was a new window that had just been put up.

Next to the one that was put up in honor of Twilight's coronation as a new princess a few years back, there was a new one showing Applejack and Spike in his dragon form with Ice Iris petals surrounding them and the actual flower between them on the bottom, along with Twilight's magenta star, Rainbow's tri-colored lightning bolt, Pinkie's blue and yellow balloons, Fluttershy's pink butterflies, and Rarity's blue diamonds. On Applejack's side of the window, it was brightly colored, along with her signature red apples, and on Spike's side, it was darkly stained with only a green fireball showing brightly.

Author's Note:

A/N: Okay, this is the last official chapter before the epilogue! It is a little shorter than I would like it to be, but I decided to not insert the finale song of the movie this is based off of in this one, since you all know how that one goes. But, because I want a musical finish, there will be one in the epilogue.

Man, am I excited to conclude this story. I have had such a fun time writing it, and I hoped all of you have enjoyed reading it.

I guess I'll see y'all in the epilogue! Please let me know what you think.

Got to fly! ;)