• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 2,809 Views, 70 Comments

AJ and the Dragon - MiraculousDragonMaster



A beautiful girl becomes a prisoner to a beastly dragon under a curse. But as time goes, they eventually see beyond their appearances and slowly begin to fall in love. A humanized Equestria AU based off Beauty and the Beast.

  • ...
7
 70
 2,809

Turning Down

AJ and the Dragon

Chapter 4

Turning Down

At Sweet Apple Acres the next day, Brandy Bar looked at the farmhouse through some bushes. Even from outside, he could hear her playing her bass guitar inside the farmhouse.

"Applejack is going to get the surprise of her life." A reluctant Snips said as he and Snails crouched beside Brandy. They both knew that this was a bad idea.

"Yep, this is her lucky day." Brandy agreed. "Now, head to Sugarcube Corner and see if the Cakes got my order for their finest wedding cake."

Snails and Snips looked at each other with discomfort, then went off into town.


Applejack was rocking out on her bass in the living room. She wanted to help Granny Smith in the kitchen for lunch, but she insisted that AJ practice her bass. But, at least playing her bass was the only thing that can keep her mind off a lot of problems as she lost herself in the music. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Applejack, can ya get that?" Granny called from the kitchen as the cowgirl stopped playing.

"Sure thing, Granny." AJ set down her bass and went over to the door. She peeked through the window first, and groaned when she saw who it was. But, it's best to be polite. So, she opened the door.

"Brandy Bar. What a surprise." She said, trying to be courteous. From the kitchen, Granny Smith was listening and waiting to see what might happen.

Brandy sent her a flashy smile. "Isn't it, though?" He said. "I'm just full of surprises. You know, Applejack, there isn't a girl in town who would love to be in your shoes. This is the day your dreams come true."

AJ raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And what do you know about 'em, Brandy?"

"Plenty." He replied, getting closer to her, a little too close for her liking. "Here. Picture this: a rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting over a fire, my wife massaging my feet, while dozens of adorable children play on the floor with the dogs."

AJ just rolled her eyes with annoyance. As did Granny Smith.

"Imagine that." She said, moving away. But Brandy kept up with her.

"And do you know who that lucky wife will be?" He asked Applejack. Granny didn't like where this was going.

"No." AJ responded. "Let me think."

"You, Applejack."

She stared at him with wide eyes, absolutely gobsmacked. "Brandy, I'm, uh, speechless." AJ backed away from him until her back hit the door. "I honestly don't know what to say."

Brandy then trapped her by pinning his hands against the door on either side of Applejack's head. "Say you'll marry me."

AJ's hand quickly started fumbling for the doorknob. "I'm very sorry, but-" She finally found it, and she gained more confidence. "But there's no way in the whole wide world of Equestria am I ever gonna be saddled off to a vermin like you!"

With that, she twisted the knob, and pushed the door open, making Brandy fall face-first into a nearby mud puddle. Granny Smith then stomped on over to the porch.

"And stay out, you varmint, and away from my granddaughter!" Then, the door slammed shut with a bang.

Snips and Snails returned to find a fuming Brandy Bar wiping off mud from his jacket and face.

"So, how did it go?" Snails asked, though he and Snips already knew the answer. Good thing they actually didn't go to Sugarcube Corner.

Brandy glared at them. "I'll have Applejack for my wife. Make no mistake about that!" Then, he stormed off. Snips and Snails slowly followed him back into Ponyville.


A few minutes later, AJ looked out the window with Granny Smith. "Tell me he's gone." She pleaded.

"He's gone, sugarcube." Granny reassured her. With a sigh of relief, Applejack went out the door. "Where are ya going?"

"I promised Fluttershy before she disappeared that I'd take care of her animals if she couldn't for whatever reason."

"All right. Be safe, ya hear?"

"I will, Granny." Then, AJ left towards Fluttershy's cottage. But, she took the back way than through town to avoid who know who.


Soon, she was feeding all of Fluttershy's animals. During her time while taking care of them, Applejack learned that while she can't understand them the way Fluttershy did, they still were good listeners. So, she was ranting about what happened to them.

"Can y'all imagine?" AJ asked angrily as she sprinkled seeds into the chicken coop. "He asked me to marry him!"

The animals voiced out their anger as well.

"Me! The wife of that low-down, good-for-nothing varmint!" She then began to sing.

Applejack: Miss Brandy Bar, won't you believe it?
Miss Brandy Bar, his little wife.

She then kicked a tree hard, surprising some of the animals that were in it, making them fly away or scurry away.

No sir! Not me, I guarantee it.
I want much more than this provincial life.

Applejack then placed the seed pouch on a post and ran over to the hill nearby the cottage. Once she was at the top, she slowly sat down. If only her friends were with her, then maybe they'd find a solution together.

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.
I wanted more than I can tell.
And for once, it might be grand,
To have someone understand.
I want so much more than they've got planned.

AJ then heard a familiar barking. She turned and saw Winona running towards her, scared out of her wits.

"Winona? What are you doing here, girl?" She caught the dog in her arms and stroked her fur to try and calm her down. She then noticed something. "Where's Big Mac? And Apple Bloom? Where are they, girl?"

Once Applejack saw the distressed look in her dog's eyes, she knew that something was wrong. "We gotta find them, Winona! Lead the way, girl!"

After quickly stopping at Sweet Apple Acres to explain to Granny Smith about what happened, AJ put on long black stockings over her legs, put on a dark red jacket over her shirt, and Winona began leading her into the Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

A/N: I don't own the song, but I do own my OC. I definitely liked the part when AJ turned down Mr. Brandy Bar. What about you guys? Please let me know what you think.

I'll see y'all in Chapter 5, where things start getting interesting. And, we'll really meet the beastly figure in that castle.

Got to fly! ;)