• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,211 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,211

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37: "Enough is Enough, Fizzlepop"

Tempest felt herself shake in her hooves as the ghosts of her parents stood in front of her with disapproving looks on their faces. "What do you want with me?"

"Much," Her mother replied, looking at her daughter with a cold stare. "We saw what you just did, Fizzlepop. Razzle finally came to atone for her earlier actions and you turned her away."

"Because she struck me, mother, that's why. All I wanted was to say I was sorry for what I did and she turned me away. You have to believe me!" Tempest pleaded.

"We do believe you, Fizzy," Tempest's father spoke, using the nickname he'd given to his filly. "And we want you and your sister to reconcile, but after we saw you two fight, we have to agree with the princesses to an extent."

"Wait a minute," Tempest interrupted, briefly turning herself away from the spirits. "You all saw my argument?"

"We did and they're right. Your family is not responsible for your troubles, Tempest," Her mother declared. "Those friends of yours are."

"Of course they are!" Tempest retorted. "They turned me away in my darkest hour. The way they treated me when I had my broken horn, I couldn't bear myself to be around them and I couldn't bear myself to be around you. That's why I left home. But you must realize that I didn't wish for death to fall upon both of you."

"We died of broken hearts, Fizzlepop!" Tempest's mother cried, tears forming at the corners of her eyes as Tempest's father came over to support his wife. "We died because we both knew you were never coming home, and we couldn't bear to live without you."

"Is that supposed to get me to feel sorry for you?" Tempest asked, looking indignantly at her parents. "You dying of broken hearts?"

"How dare you say that about us, young filly!" Tempest's father suddenly snapped, pulling his wife towards him and locking his eyes on Tempest. "We had no intention of dying, but your disappearance caused us to do just that and…look at us now! Please, you and Razzle must make amends before it's too late!"

"Am I supposed to just forget that she slapped me and disowned me when I tried to apologize for what I did?!" Tempest coldly remarked!

"No, but we love you, Fizzlepop and we love Razzle Fizzle as well," Tempest's mother added as their spirits started to fade away. "But, please for our sake, start amending fences now! Please, Fizzlepop! Do it! To forgive is not to forget, both of you need to let go of your hatred, or you cannot hope to avoid the same fate that befell us!"

Tempest watched as their spirits disappeared before her eyes, and then at that very moment, she felt her animosity start to lower ever so slightly. "Perhaps they're right to tell me," Tempest sighed, as she left the guestroom. "At the least I should give Razzle Fizzle a chance to work towards my forgiveness, as I have worked towards mine. It's what our parents would want."

However, the more she thought about it, the more reluctant Tempest felt in facing her sister again.

...

Back in Canterlot, many of the Storm King's stolen objects were returned to many of his victims' families. However, there was a far more immediate matter that the Royal Sisters needed to face concerning the remaining caged Storm Creatures.

"We believe that they are starting to give in," said an interrogator as he walked out of the torture chamber and towards the Royal Sisters. "Some of them are willing to talk."

This made both sisters face each other with a sense of relief, knowing that they wouldn't have to go to extreme measures.

"What have they said?" Luna asked.

"They have agreed to share information on the condition that we stop the methods."

"Just as I had warned them," remarked Luna under her breath while briefly looking away. "Very well, then. As long as they start opening up, then we can stop the methods. Interview each prisoner and then we will decide what to do with them later. Understand?"

The guard saluted the two sisters and returned to the chamber. Once the door was shut, the sisters left the dungeons and returned to the throne room. Both of them realized that the silence of creatures no longer crying out in agony was just what both of them wanted to hear. However, there was a sense of regret in both of their minds.

"I guess now they finally came to their senses," sighed Luna as she sat on her throne while Celestia looked at a stained glass window. "I will be honest, I didn't want to resort to these measures, but I had no other choice."

"We did what needed to be done, sister," replied Celestia. "Our subjects want answers and we needed to get them to talk. How else would we have gotten them to talk?"

"Unless," said Luna, looking towards Celestia with wide open eyes. "Somepony spiritually must have told them to open up. But who?"

"I don't know, Luna," wondered Celestia, looking back towards Luna. "Do you know of anypony who would try to convince criminals to speak?"

"I'm not sure of anypony in particular, sister. However, I have as much equal suspicions as you do. I can find out tonight if you like."

"Then do so."

...

Later that same day, a green colored pony in the Crystal Empire made his way over to the castle and over towards the throne room.

"State your business," said the guard guarding the entrance to the throne room while looking down at the pony.

"I was told to come here by order of Princess Cadence," he said, looking up at the guardspony. "She said that there is something important that she needed to share with me."

"What is your name, colt?"

"Lemon Lime, former friend of Fizzlepop Berrytwist otherwise known as Tempest Shadow."

Opening the doors to the throne room, the green colored pony looked up at his superior sitting at her throne and her sister-in-law standing next to her.

"Your highnesses," said the guard. "He claims to be a former friend of the pony known as Tempest Shadow."

"Come forward," beckoned Princess Cadence, motioning the pony to come towards the throne. Once the pony came forward, the throne room doors closed loudly.

Soon, the first of Tempest's former friends was about to say his peace...

...

PreviousChapters Next