• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,194 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,194

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: "The First Acts of Revenge"

Back at Canterlot General Hospital, Tempest was still trying to process the fact that she was going to be appointed Twilight's Captain of the Royal Guard as soon as Twilight was discharged from the hospital. Yes, it was emotional for her, but it wasn't just happiness. She again had to be grateful about the fact that she was being given a second chance at life. Still, there was the fact she was still technically a prisoner and an enemy of Equestria.

"Why should I be installed now?" Tempest asked Celestia, Luna and Cadence. "I mean, I haven't completed my training, let alone barely started it."

"We are aware of that, Fizzlepop," Luna announced. "But, Twilight feels that the sooner you are installed as Royal Guard Captain, the sooner she can be provided with the protection she needs. And she sees great things in you, she believes you’ll learn better on the job."

"And she’s right," Celestia added. "Twilight's hospitalization has left us all with a great amount of concern for her, and none of us can bear the thought that Twilight be put through such actions ever again. As we have told you before, Fizzlepop, you weren't the mastermind behind the attack on Canterlot, that was the Storm King. And you no longer serve him, no one does. He is dead and buried, his ‘legacy’ soon to be forgotten to time. Even if you are branded a criminal, this is the best thing we can do for you in terms of a life sentence. For your sake, and for all of Equestria."

"A life sentence?!" Tempest gasped! This was the first the unicorn was hearing of such a thing.

"It’s to give you a purpose of what you want to do with your life, Fizzlepop,” Cadence explained. “A life sentence is how some will see it, but we see it as part of your ongoing redemption. There is more to your life than spending the rest of it in a prison cell. Especially if there is good inside your heart. You played a role in protecting Twilight before, and we’ve no doubt you’ll do it again when called to serve."

Tempest felt herself touched by these words spoken from the very alicorns she had turned to stone. "When will my installation ceremony be held?" She questioned.

"When the time is right," Luna replied. “It may be as soon as Twilight leaves, or it may be later if she still needs time to finalize everything.”

Then, at that moment, the door knocked and a guard beckoned for Celestia to come forward. With the guard whispering in her ear, Celestia listened intently to what was being said while Luna and Cadence waited. "Are you certain?" She asked. "Very well then. Order Instant Justice to bring them to Canterlot alive. And make sure he gets the emphasis on the alive part. I’ll have no blood on Equestria’s hooves!"

"What's going on?" Tempest wondered aloud.

"We have authorized the arrests of some of the Storm King's higher associates, the ones who helped mastermind the attack on Canterlot and aided in the assault," Luna explained, turning back towards Tempest. "Perhaps you know of them, Fizzlepop?"

"Very vaguely,” Tempest answered with a gulp. “All I know is that they were more behind the scenes and major contributors towards our attack plans. In fact, the Storm King once explained that these associates were going to be the driving force behind our ultimate conquest of Equestria after we’d taken Canterlot. What are you planning to do with them?"

"They will be arrested and placed on trial for war crimes," Celestia sternly answered. "And if convicted, the penalty will be death by hanging. There can be no forgiveness for them, unfortunately. And we may need you to testify against them, Fizzlepop. Are you prepared to do that should we call on you?"

Tempest silently nodded upon hearing this, once again swearing her loyalty to the princesses. "I will do whatever can be done. If it means having to testify against my former partners, so be it."


Meanwhile, Cemetery Wind and his band of mercenary ponies had left Canterlot in search of one of the associates wanted for arrest. They journeyed towards the Crystal Empire, near the Storm King's former base of operations. In his aura, Cemetery Wind held a picture of their target: An older looking satyr with moon shaped glasses. "Alright, this is our target," He ordered, showing off the picture to his mercenaries. "You know the plan: We leave no prisoners. It's our job to be the judge, jury, and executioner. Is that understood? And make sure there’s no trace of your work, no evidence left behind. We can’t risk the princesses finding out and putting a stop to our plans. They wouldn’t understand, they’d see us as the monsters."

The mercenaries nodded in reply as they readied their gear to carry out the first of many planned executions. Braving the harsh winds of the frozen north, they made their way into the Storm King's former tribe. Not far from the castle where the Storm King once called home, they neared one of many caves. Cemetery Wind used a detection spell to detect if there was any life in the cave.

"He might be hiding." A mercenary whispered briefly in suggestion.

"That's what they want you to think," Cemetery Wind coldly retorted, sharply turning around and glaring at the mercenary. "Now, just shut up and get your magic ready! As mercenaries you are only to carry out orders, not question them."

So, they all did as they were told and Cemetery Wind motioned for the mercenaries to split up on each side of the cave's entrance. Having no fear, Cemetery Wind made his way up to the cave entrance and activated a spell to amplify his voice. "Gojira!" He bellowed in a Royal Canterlot-like voice. "We have a warrant out for your capture! Come out and surrender yourself, now!"

But nothing came out of the cave, only silence. Again Cemetery Wind shouted! "Gojira, come out and surrender in the name of their highnesses, Celestia and Luna!" Still, there was silence.

"Gojira, don't make us come in there and drag you out forcefully!" By now, Cemetery Wind was beginning to lose patience. He then motioned to both sides of mercenaries to prepare themselves for an attack. "All right," He said a low voice as he stepped back and then he let out a loud cry. "LET HIM HAVE IT!"

Acting on their leader's shout, the mercenaries opened fire, firing fearsome and powerful green spells into the cave! They kept firing until they heard a loud roar from inside!

Cemetery Wind then reached into his belt and tossed a smoke bomb into the cave, causing it to explode and a white fur clad satyr came rushing out of the cave! Upon realizing what was happening, he tried to run for his life.

"DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE!" Cemetery Wind ordered, as the mercenary ponies continued their relentless barrage of magic blasts at the satyr, his body covered in wounds!

"Stop! Stop! I…I surrender!" He begged, growling and groaning in pain.

"Then why were you running?" Cemetery Wind asked in an unsympathetic voice, his tone dripping with malice and spite. "Why did you run if you were intending to surrender, Gojira?"

But, the satyr refused to answer the question and instead just glared at the ponies who were intending to do him in. "I lost a sister in the attack on Canterlot," Cemetery Wind angrily declared. "You will get no sympathy from me or from any of these ponies. Face it, your leader is dead! And you will join him right here and right now!"

With a final barrage of magic blasts, the mercenary ponies took out the last few remains of life within the satyr. Soon, the satyr was just lying there, dead from the relentless blasts that hit him.

"What do we do now?" A mercenary pony asked. “Evidence of our attack is everywhere.”

"We simply gather the evidence that is in that cave and then go after the others the same way as Gojira," Cemetery Wind, answered looking down at Gojira's dead body. "Once all of the rats that terrorized our city are exterminated, only then can Equestria be truly avenged for this unforgiven travesty."

PreviousChapters Next