• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,196 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,196

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 59: "Comforting Capper"

"Sweet Celestia, thank goodness you're here!" Those were the words a panicked Capper spoke when he saw Equestria's four monarchs in front of him! Immediately, Tempest recoiled at the sight of Capper running towards her, since she was the one who had attempted to kill him, along with Captain Celano and her band of parrot pirates.

"Those ponies…they…tried to kill me!" Capper cried as Twilight and Cadence consoled him. "They…were looking for those…monkeys."

"You mean storm creatures, feline." Luna corrected.

"Y-Yes, that,” Capper replied. “That Instant Justice pony said that he was…on a mission to exterminate those…"

"We are aware of that, Capper," Celestia remarked with a sigh. "The ponies who came here were led by my soon-to-be ex-minister of justice, Instant Justice."

"No kiddin'," Capper commented. “He’s scary.”

Almost immediately, Twilight could help but feel sorry for Capper. Heer thoughts came to Rarity and being thankful that she wasn't here to witness the horrors that Capper was going through.

Then, Capper saw Tempest. "He was probably looking for you!" He cried, pointing right at her! "And I don't blame you! You tried to blow me out of existence!"

"Because you lied to me!" Tempest groaned, putting one of her hooves in her face in frustration. "If you hadn't lied to me, I wouldn't have tried to kill you and those pirates."

"It doesn't matter, you should be…" Capper hissed!

"Um, are there any storm creatures who are still alive?" Twilight hastily interrupted, trying to change the subject before things got out of control.

This made Capper stop his justified tantrum towards Tempest. "None," He said sadly. "What's more, those guys had nothing to do with the attack on your home. You have to stop Instant Justice!"

"That's what we’re trying to do," Cadence answered. "But, we can't do it without eyewitnesses."

"For your safety," Luna added. "It would be best if you come with us. That way, we can provide you with the protection that you need."

"Um...with her?" Capper asked, pointing towards Tempest. "How can you be sure she won't…?"

But Capper was silenced by a raised hoof from Celestia before he could say another word.

"Are there others who have been harmed?" Luna asked. "We will bring them to Canterlot as well for their own protection."

"Take a pick." Was all Capper could say.

Motioning to her guards, Luna sent them to scour around Klugetown for any other traumatized victims. Sure enough, there was more than a few that had been traumatized from Instant Justice's reign of terror. Soon, they all left the ransacked Klugetown to return to Canterlot.

"Sister, we'd better send a warning to our allies about Instant Justice and those mercenaries. It’s imperative they know the truth before word gets out." Luna advised.

"I still can't believe that he would do this to us," Celestia sighed in anger and frustration as they flew towards Canterlot. "If he hurts anypony else…"

"He won't," Luna interrupted, trying to comfort her sister. "If we send a warning, then they can all be stopped before it gets out of control."

Almost immediately, Celestia began thinking of how to draft up this warning. She knew Luna had a point, Equestria's allies needed to be warned of what was happening as quickly as possible.

At that moment, Twilight flew towards them, having listened in on their conversation. "I agree with Luna," She added. "Ember, Thorax, Prince Rutherford, they all need to know what is happening. There’s no doubt in my mind that some Storm Creatures could have retreated to their lands as well to seek refuge. Even if they’ve been captured and taken as prisoners, Instant Justice will still go after them and kill them."

"Not to mention that some may have even retreated to the Crystal Empire," Cadence added. "Knowing how unpredictable Shining Armor is, he will not take their presence lightly. Though I doubt even he would go to the extremes Instant Justice has gone."

"Then, you must advise Shining Armor at once, Cadence," Luna sternly ordered. "Tell him that any Storm Creatures in your kingdom are not to be harmed. No ifs, ands, or buts. Understand?"

Unsure of how to process this information, Cadence flew away and turned towards the Crystal Empire.

With Cadence gone, Celestia, Luna and Twilight led Tempest and the victimized citizens of Klugetown back to Canterlot.


Immediately upon returning, Celestia went into her quarters and began to draft up the warnings about Instant Justice and the mercenaries. "I hope these warnings get through in time," Celestia thought to herself as she watched them vanish from view. "In the meantime, I need to figure out how to deal with Instant Justice once he's captured."

At that moment, Celestia heard a knock on her door and in stepped Jack McColt, the pony who had overseen the trial of Red Flames and the corrupt leaders of Rainbow Falls. "Jack, thanks for coming on such short notice," Celestia greeted. "How are the Klugetown citizens?"

"Well, they seem to be calming down a little, your highness," Jack replied, bowing to Celestia in respect. "I just can't believe Instant Justice would stoop so low and do such a thing in an unlawful manner. Yes, I know that Tempest Shadow has been pardoned by you and the other princesses, but…"

This caused Celestia to raise an eyebrow. "But what, Jack? Don't tell me you are on Instant Justice's side?"

"I'm not!" Jack hastily cried. "But, part of me still thinks that Tempest Shadow should…" However, a glare from Celestia stopped him from saying another word. "Yes, your highness. I understand."

"The fact is that Instant Justice went behind my back, betraying me and betraying all of the ponies he was sworn to protect all because..." Celestia trailed off in anger,

"I know how you feel, your highness. Believe me,” Jack replied. “I, too, feel betrayed by Instant Justice. I also know how he feels, having lost his wife and son."

"But, that is no excuse for what he did, Jack!” Celestia remarked. “He wants Fizzlepop dead, and he will stop at nothing to reach that goal. Even if other creatures have to suffer his wrath in the process."

Jack sighed upon hearing this. "Well you’ll be happy to know, I did manage to get in touch with the pirates who had aided in liberating Canterlot," He reported, much to Celestia's shock and amazement. "They have agreed to help us in the search for Instant Justice and the mercenaries in exchange for servitude to Equestria. They are waiting for whatever instructions you wish to give them."

Suddenly, the sounds of a peg leg pounding against the floor were heard along with a small parrot's squawk. The door flung open and there in the doorway stood Captain Celano and her band of parrot pirates. "Princess Celestia," Captain Celano declared. "Where would you like to us go to find your traitor?"

Celestia smiled with optimism upon hearing this, for she knew that with the pirates at her disposal, Instant Justice and his reign of terror would come to an end and the lives of Tempest Shadow, Grubber and any remaining Storm Creatures who sought sanctuary would be protected.

PreviousChapters Next