• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,196 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,196

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: "Bloodsuckers and Extortionists"

Celestia and Luna were delighted that the Storm Creatures were now talking, but before they could focus their attention on Tempest Shadow reconciling with her friends, a guard came rushing into the throne room with another scroll from another interrogation. "Your highnesses," He panted, hoofing the scroll to them. "You aren't going to believe what one of the prisoners has given to us!"

Taking the scroll, Celestia unfurled it to see that it wasn't a scroll at all…but a newspaper with very disturbed writing written on it. In addition, the newspaper had a picture of all four Princesses on the cover with the words "BLOODSUCKERS AND EXTORTIONISTS" written on the top, beneath the title of the newspaper called "The Attacker." This made her feel very angry in a way that very few things could. "Get this out of my sight," She hissed icily, throwing the paper onto the ground. The he guard did as he was told. "How dare these creatures write up such a thing about us!"

"Or more likely, the Storm King told somepony to write this," Luna remarked, calmly picking up the paper. "Either way, the Storm King…"

"Was telling lies about Equestria, all to justify his assault!" Celestia snapped, her body filled with rage as she began to pace back and forth, trying to process what had been written on the paper. "Luna…this was something…that was…ugh! You know what? I can't even describe it! This was discrimination against us!"

"As in the Storm King…" Luna began.

"Trying to portray us as dictators!" Celestia shouted, her loud voice shaking the throne room slightly. "We were never dictators to begin with, Luna! I was never a dictator to begin with! I’d rather die than stoop to such a level!"

"And you weren't," Luna reassured her sister, trying to stay calm herself. "We can't believe everything we read…"

"That's easy for you to say!" Celestia snapped, her ice-cold voice pushing Luna back. "I don't like it when others tell lies about us and publish them to the rest of the world! This was what the Storm King was trying to do, Luna! Trying to motivate his forces into attacking Canterlot, because according to him we are 'bloodsuckers and extortionists'!" Celestia waved the paper in front of Luna's face and slammed it down to the ground!

Picking up the paper, Luna looked at it and began to think back to when the Foal Free Press had written a negative article about her being unhappy with a student fundraiser that would’ve caused them to not go on their field trip (had it not been for Celestia’s intervention the next day). "This must be how he brainwashed Fizzlepop Berrytwist into attacking Equestria," Luna thought to herself. "He took advantage of her sadness after her accident and turned her into nothing more than a mindless minion. I wonder if Grubber knows about this."


Leaving Celestia to gather her thoughts together, Luna raced down to the kitchen to show Grubber and Hannibal the newspaper.

"Well, I can't really say I'm surprised," Grubber sighed, as he looked at the newspaper, before handing it back to Luna and returning to his work. "This is how the Storm King operated, I'm afraid. Not the best way of describing a peaceful nation, but that was how we operated. You kept your mouth shut and did as you were told to do. If you disobeyed, you’d be lucky if the Storm King didn’t blast you to pieces."

"Were there any other nations that he called such derogatory words towards?" Luna asked.

"Hippogriffia, Griffonstone, pretty much every nation on the planet," Grubber sighed again. "The Storm King had a goal in mind: to rule the world under his own will. He wanted all of us to trample over the rights of others and he would get all the glory."

"Then why didn't you stand up for yourself when you had the chance?" Luna demanded of Grubber. "I know you were forced to do as you were told, but still…"

"Storm King said to just do as we were told," Hannibal interrupted. "I didn't want to take part, but me had no other choice."

"Which is why he made you wear those masks, I suppose?" Luna guessed, thinking about the large masks that the Storm Creatures had worn during the invasion. "But, Grubber, neither you or Fizzlepop were wearing a mask."

"Because Tempest was somepony who would be obedient in what the Storm King would say to her," Grubber explained, stopping what he was doing. "As for myself…there wasn't a mask big enough for me to wear. Guess that was the advantage of being the smallest guy in the forces."

"But, you tried to stop the invasion, Grubber and you weren't forced to wear a mask." Luna commented.

"That was because I was threatened with death, remember?” Grubber reminded Luna. “Storm King was going to kill me if I disobeyed him, so what was I supposed to do? I'm not a monster like he is and neither is Tempest. But, Tempest was so caught up in getting her horn back, I guess she didn't realize that he had ideals surrounding his own judgment."


Luna couldn't help but think of what Grubber had said as she returned to the throne room a few moments later "That's all there is to it, sister," She sighed to Celestia. "This paper tells all that the Storm King was planning to do. It also confirms what we saw in his former homeland with the mass graves and all. We're dealing with somepony who had warped ideologies and intended to rule the world under his own order."

"Then we need to keep getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth," Celestia ordered. "Tell the guards to keep up the questioning, talk them down if they have to. But, I want answers!" The sounds of Celestia's angry voice made Luna tremble, but nevertheless the guards obeyed. If there were more answers to be sought, now was the time to get them.


Back in the Crystal Empire, Tempest nervously walked into the throne room and there she saw them…the very unicorns who had abandoned her as a filly standing next to Twilight and Cadence. "What are you all doing here?" She asked in a bitter voice. She was not in any mood to see them at the moment.

"Fizzlepop, we've come to apologize to you," Lemon Lime sighed. "It was wrong of us to turn our backs on you."

"Is that all?" Tempest bitterly remarked. "You all came to apologize to me after all you’ve done to me? Including the fact that you turned me away in my darkest hour?"

"Tempest, we are all to blame for our faults," Irish Spring pleaded. "All we want is to forgive one another and move on with our lives. Can't you just accept what we did was wrong and allow us all to start over again?"

All Tempest could do was stand there, and one could wonder if she would ever apologize to these ponies…?

PreviousChapters Next