• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,182 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,182

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: "How Do You Repair a Relationship?"

Celestia's thoughts continued to backtrack to Razzle Fizzle's outburst over her missing sister's actions, as she made her way into Moon Dancer's home. In her mind, Moon Dancer was a pony who knew Razzle better than anypony, seeing as Moon Dancer was Razzle’s closest neighbor and had been for years. But she needed to be careful with how to approach the situation, Moon Dancer and Razzle had been drawn closer together since Moon Dancer stopped being a shut in.

"I'm really sorry about Razzle," Moon Dancer. "She's been acting like this for a while."

"How long?" Celestia inquired.

"Days, ever since their parents died not too long ago," Moon Dancer somberly answered, as she sat down on her sofa. "Trust me, there have been days where she’ll scream nonstop, crying out to Fizzlepop, and begging for her to come home. The screams get so loud, I’ve been unable to study," Celestia took in another sigh, as she looked out the window towards Razzle Fizzle's house, and saw a lamp being thrown through a window. "You see what I mean, Princess Celestia?" Moon Dancer remarked. "I guess the invasion of Canterlot must have really opened up those wounds she's been suppressing for several years."

"Wounds? What kind of wounds?" Celestia asked out of concern.

"Wounds that have been around for ten years," Moon Dancer explained. "Don't get me wrong, they used to be such a nice family, Princess. But, after Fizzlepop had her accident, things were never the same over there. A lot of this I learned only after I started hanging out more, but even when my studies were the most important thing in my life I tried to get Razzle to focus on other things. But she always refused, saying that praying for her sister to come home was always a priority. Similar to me wanting nothing more than to study."

"Moon Dancer, if you don't mind my asking," Celestia spoke up, crouching down to Moon Dancer's level. "Was Razzle Fizzle aware of the Friendship Festival that happened in Canterlot?"

"Well, I didn't ask her," Moon Dancer confessed. "Besides, I was sick and stayed here at home. I will have to admit, it was probably a good thing that I did, given what happened. I never imagined something like this would ever happen in Canterlot, even considering all the other threats we’ve had to deal with."

"Neither did I," Celestia sighed. "What happened here in Canterlot, is something that we’ve been trying to prevent. Even when I was turned to stone…"

Moon Dancer gasped at this! "You were turned to stone?" She interrupted.

"By Tempest Shadow, along with Princess Luna and Princess Cadence," Celestia continued. "But, she wouldn't have come all this way just to do that. She was working for someone that wanted our alicorn magic, and that someone was the Storm King. If there is anyone I blame for the invasion, it’s him. I’m not sure how exactly he flew under our radar, or how could he so easily sway one of our own to his cause."

"Shouldn't Fizzlepop be given some responsibility for her actions?" Moon Dancer spoke up, adjusting her glasses briefly. "According to a book I read, those who commit crimes on behalf of somepony else, should be blamed just as much as the one responsible for influencing them."

"Well, you should also know from my classes, that I always give out second chances, Moon Dancer," Celestia sighed rather heavily as she got to her feet. "I believe in second chances, even for ponies that do harm to others. I gave it to Discord, and Twilight certainly has given it to others as well. I want to help Fizzlepop as much as Razzle Fizzle, but the first thing I need to do, is try and repair a relationship between two sisters. If only that were more easily done."

"If there’s anything that I can do to help, Princess Celestia, please don't be afraid to ask" Moon Dancer requested, as she opened the door for Celestia. "I know what Fizzlepop is going through just as much as you do. I really want to help if I can!"

"Thank you, Moon Dancer. But I don’t know if there’s much you can do right now other than to be there for Fizzlepop, and keep her from doing anything she might regret." Celestia advised, embracing Moon Dancer, before taking to the air.


Once she was away from the stadium, Celestia returned to the castle and climbed into her bed, exhausted from everything that had happened. But, the time soon came for her to raise the sun and begin another day. Weakly, Celestia raised her head and motioned for the sun to rise. Once the sun had risen, she collapsed and fell asleep. An hour later, a knock was heard at the door.

"Yes?" Celestia muttered, groggily climbing out of bed. "Come in."

"Sister!" Luna greeted, peeking into her sister's bedroom. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I was wondering if you knew of anything related to the pony known as Tempest Shadow. I can honestly say that many ponies have been having nightmares, even more than usual."

"Why am I not surprised?" Celestia moaned, trying to stay awake. "Razzle Fizzle has been in a state of rage ever since the invasion."

"Who is Razzle Fizzle?" Luna asked out of curiosity.

"Tempest Shadow's older sister and a pony who is very angry at her," Celestia explained to Luna, while speaking more and more groggily. "In fact, she says that she’s going to rip Tempest apart for her actions."

"Celestia, you need to sleep right now," Luna advised, pushing her sister onto the bed. "You've been up all night. So why don't you let me fill in for you today?"

Moaning at this, Celestia nevertheless had no choice but to relent to her sister's request. Once Celestia was asleep, Luna walked over to her sister's desk and looked down at the picture of the missing pony known as Tempest Shadow. "Seems to me that this is one nightmare that I don't know will be over right away," Luna sighed. "How do you repair a relationship that has been wedged in such a manner? I know I've been in this situation before, but it seems more difficult this time."


Meanwhile, Tempest awoke from a rough night's sleep and struggled to wake up. Finally, a knock at the door made her wake up right away.

"Tempest?" Called a voice from the other side. "Are you awake?"

"Yes? Tempest replied, as she got to the door and opened it, revealing a unicorn mare with a light grayish purple coat, a two tone mane and tail with the mane styled into a curl that was purple in color but seemed to have grayish streaks running through it, and blue eyes, on the other side. "You must be Starlight Glimmer?" Tempest concluded.

"I am," Starlight nodded and answered. "How are you feeling, Tempest?"

"Exhausted," Tempest yawned. "So much has been going through my mind."

"Believe me, I’ve been there," Starlight remarked. "I know what you’re going through Tempest, and I want to help you."

"But, you're one of the ponies that were imprisoned by me, weren't you?” Tempest asked. “I thought you'd be angry at me."

"No, Trixie and I managed to escape and we took shelter in the Everfree Forest with Zecora, and several other ponies," Starlight explained. “It was a bit of a frightful experience, but Zecora was able to keep us safe until we got the all clear from Twilight.”

"Zecora?" Tempest asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A zebra that speaks in rhyme," Starlight chuckled. "It's a long story, I'll tell you another time. Right now, Twilight's waiting for us down in the dining room." And at that very moment, the two mares approached the dining hall, and the doors opened to reveal Twilight sitting at the table.

"Here I am," Tempest thought to herself as she sat down next to Twilight. "Eating breakfast with my former enemy. After all that I put Princess Twilight through, she treats me like a friend, and not like an enemy. Still, there’s something else on my mind. Razzle Fizzle, I hope you'll forgive me for my actions one day, sister."

PreviousChapters Next