• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,195 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,195

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: "After the Judgment"

Tempest Shadow reluctantly returned to the Castle of Friendship under heavy guard, even though she felt a slight sense of relief. Accepting her guilt was still the right call in her book, though she was worried about what sort of “requirements” she would have to obey for the duration of her sentence. But now, all she had to do was wait for what the future held for her.

However, Twilight was still feeling very mixed about Tempest's actions to turn herself in.

"Twilight," Tempest sighed, as she was escorted back to her bedroom by Twilight and several of Celestia's guards. "I know what you’re thinking right now, that I made a mistake by turning myself in. But, I had to do it. Ponies had to see that I really am sorry for what I did."

"No, you made the right call, Tempest,” Twilight replied with a shake of her head. “It was wrong of me to try and keep you hidden. I made a mistake and I think that had I not done what I did…" But, Twilight stopped herself mid sentence, not even trying to think about what could have happened.

"If you did, then you and your friends could have been hurt by the mob of ponies out to get me,” Tempest finished. “I could never live with myself if anything were to happen to you on account of me. You've suffered so much because of me already."

Twilight's eyes widened! "What?!" Hastily correcting herself, Twilight apologized. "Sorry, Tempest. It's just that, you reminded me of Princess Luna. She said those exact words when trying to deal with her own demons."

"I see." Tempest commented, before she entered her bedroom and laid down on the bed, sighing heavily. Her eyes looking up towards the ceiling.

"We know you need help, Tempest," Twilight explained, walking over and stroking the mane of her former enemy. "I think doing community service while training to be my Captain of the Royal Guard will not only do you some good, but also get you refocused on life in Equestria. In time, as more and more of Equestria realizes you’ve changed, things will get better."

"I guess you're right, Twilight," Tempest remarked, as her thoughts turned towards Razzle Fizzle. "But, what about Razzle Fizzle?"

"What about her?" Twilight asked.

"Do you think that maybe she and I can put the past behind us one day?” Tempst wondered. “I mean, even with all that I’ve done, I still love her as a sister. Do you think she and I will ever reconcile?"

"It depends on how deep the damage is," Twilight concluded as Tempest rolled onto her back. "Sometimes we can't repair all damages, no matter how hard we try."
Tempest refused to believe those words, though she also realized that she would have to face that ‘possibility’.

"But," Twilight continued. "There is a pair of sisters that went through the same phase as you and Razzle Fizzle."


As she went to bed that night, Tempest continued to think of how blind she’d been in retrieving the Princesses magic for the Storm King.

"You know that Princess Twilight is right," The Friendship Festival crown remarked, once again taking life and floating in front of Tempest. "The princesses are just like you and your sister, Tempest. They've had their differences, but now their relationship is stronger than ever."

"Whatever differences they may have had," Tempest sighed, her eyes trying to bypass the crown. "Are differences that were easily mended. Unlike with Razzle Fizzle and I."

"I'm not so sure about that,” The crown remarked. “Take these two red diamonds for example, think of them as Celestia and Luna. Spread them out, and you will see that their differences were anything but mended."

"Are you suggesting that I compare myself and Razzle Fizzle to them?!” Tempest angrily glared! “I wanted to be a princess, and an alicorn, but that was all taken away from me when I lost my horn!"

"That’s not what I mean. All I am saying is, try to see yourself from their point of view,” The crown advised to Tempest. “Put yourself in their horseshoes for a moment. Think of what each sister went through a thousand years ago, and compare what they went through with you and Razzle Fizzle."

"I don't know what you’re saying." Tempest sighed, taking a look at the two diamonds.

"All I am saying is that you need to prepare yourself for a proper reunion. There is a reason why I have five diamonds, Tempest,” The crown explained, as the diamonds inside it shone brightly. “Each of the diamonds represents the four princesses, and yourself. They all want to help you repair your relationship with your sister, Tempest, but you first need to repair your relationship with Equestria," Just then, a piece of the crown floated towards another broken piece, and they both came back together, as if they’d never been apart. "However, you've already started the repair process by accepting responsibility for your actions. You've repaired the first part of my body, but there is still a long way to go for you."

And with that, Tempest fell asleep, thinking about the long road that lay ahead of her.


The next morning, Tempest awoke, and found what appeared to be a hard hat and orange vest left right outside her door.

"Good morning, Tempest," Twilight greeted with a bright smile. "Today's the day you start your sentence. You're heading to Canterlot to help repair buildings that were damaged in the attack. Just remember that you will be working under guard for your own safety."

"But, will there be other ponies helping?" Tempest asked.

"Yes, but you don’t need to worry,” Twilight nodded. “They’ve already been told to treat you with great respect and leave their opinions about you to themselves."

Tempest felt herself become very nervous despite the reassurance that Twilight had given her. Going into Canterlot, to try and repair the damages she caused to the city was not going to be an easy task to undertake. Most ponies in Canterlot still held resentment toward her, and she doubted that her sentence from the princesses had changed ponies minds. All the same, a few minutes later, she put on the hard hat and orange vest and left the Castle of Friendship to begin her sentence, as Twilight watched from the front doors of her castle.


Later in Canterlot, the royal sisters watched from a balcony as Tempest was escorted into the city.

"So it begins," Celestia thought, as she watched with Luna. "The Redemption of Tempest Shadow is finally about to begin."

PreviousChapters Next