• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,194 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,194

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: "You Can Replace Horns, But You Can't Replace Lives"

"I've come to atone for my actions." Tempest cried, as she nervously looked at the Prince of the Crystal Empire.

Shining Armor looked at Tempest for a moment, and then swatted his front left hoof at Tempest's face, hitting her across it! Shining's actions caused shocked gasps from Twilight and the others.

"Shining Armor!” Twilight gasped in a shocked voice. "What was that for?!"

"That was for turning my wife to stone!" He answered in a cold voice. "Even if you were ordered to by the Storm King, you did it nonetheless! But… I suppose Twilight is right to an extent, you do deserve a second chance," As he spoke, Tempest shook off the pain of the slap he had inflicted on her. "Twilight has told me that you can be capable of doing so much for Equestria," Shining Armor continued. "As long as you remain here, you'll be taught discipline, hard work, determination, confidence, faith and above all, unselfishness. But most importantly, I want you to prove to me that you are not the monster, that myself and other ponies think you are."

With that, Shining Armor ordered his soldiers to lead Tempest into the Crystal Empire. Tempest nervously gazed back at Twilight before turning away.

"Shining Armor," Twilight cried out. "I know you're upset about Cadence being turned to stone, but was that really necessary?"

"She needed to learn the consequences of her actions, Twily," Shining Armor sighed, taking off his helmet. "Yes, I know she was sentenced to community service in Canterlot, but this is personal to me. Cadence is my wife and your sister-in-law, not to mention Flurry Heart's mother."

"But, if she did it out of her own pure evil, then things would be different right now,” Twilight protested. “She needs guidance, Shining Armor, and you are the only pony who can do that for Tempest."

"I'll do what I can, Twilight,” Shining commented. “But, I can't guarantee it will all be done in the first training session."

"It's going to take time, big brother," Twilight reassured, putting on a hoof on her brother's shoulder. "But, she's got the potential to be a great warrior, one that Equestria needs."


Soon, they all made their way into the Crystal Empire and while Twilight, Spike and Sweetheart followed Shining Armor towards the castle, Starlight Glimmer headed towards Sunburst's house.

"I'd think that he's probably scared sick about me after what happened," Starlight thought, as she walked up to Sunburst's door. "Well, maybe coming here will help him out."

Starlight knocked on the door and after a few minutes, Sunburst answered it. Upon opening the door, Sunburst immediately leapt onto Starlight! "Starlight!" He gasped in a shocked and relieved voice. "I'm so glad you're all right! I've been worried sick about you."

"Well, that's why I came here with Twilight and the others. I wanted you to see that I was all right." Starlight sheepishly smiled.

"Thanks for doing so, Starlight," Sunburst replied, breaking away from Starlight. "Ever since I heard about what happened in Canterlot, I haven't been able to sleep."

"Neither have I," Starlight remarked, as they sat on a sofa in Sunburst's living room. "But, Trixie, myself and a few others managed to escape and hide during the invasion. We spent three days hiding in a shack and thought about fighting back, but we couldn't bring ourselves to do so."

"I'm glad you didn't. The Storm King is very dangerous and I couldn't bear the thought of losing you to him, just like Shining Armor couldn't bear the thought of losing Cadence." Sunburst commented.

"Yeah," Starlight unhappily sighed. "He already showed his anger by striking Tempest in the face the minute she stepped into the empire. But, Twilight believes that Tempest deserves a second chance and I agree with her. If she could give me a second chance, then why not Tempest?"

Sunburst thought about this for a second and then turned back towards Starlight. "He's going to have to keep his emotions in check,” He cautioned. “Starlight. I've seen Shining Armor angry, but nothing like what he’s been going through since the Canterlot attack. I mean, if your wife was turned to stone, how would you feel? The only reason why he isn't taking matters into his own hooves, is because of Twilight."

"Twilight isn't going to tolerate any retributions from anypony. I mean, she wasn't looking to get back at me for all that I had done to her and the rest of her friends,” Starlight nodded. “And I think she’s approaching things the same way with Tempest."

"But, what are you going to do now?" Sunburst asked.

"I don't know, Sunburst, I just don't know right now," Starlight reluctantly answered. "I feel like this is just the next in a series of many steps that we all need to take. I want to try and help Equestria get over this, but I don't know how."

It was then that Sunburst got an idea to help his foalhood friend. "Why don't you and Trixie go around Equestria and performing magic shows that benefit those greatly affected?"

"That's something we thought about," answered Starlight. "I mean, Trixie has already repaired most of her image, and would be more than willing to open up and allow us to show support for both Tempest and Canterlot."

"Talk to Trixie about it. I mean, it can be done. I’d be happy to come along." Sunburst offered.


As Sunburst and Starlight shared their ideas and feelings, Tempest was led to a guest room in the castle. "Twilight, do you think that Shining Armor will be willing to train me?" She asked nervously.

"I think he will, Tempest. But, you know now that he will show his displeasure if Cadence or Flurry Heart is even threatened by anypony,” Twilight replied with caution. “You can replace horns, but you can't replace lives, Tempest. These are traits that we in Equestria must all live by."

Tempest watched as Twilight walked towards the door of the guest room, and with a final glance, departed. Tempest was once again left alone to contemplate how her training in the Crystal Empire under its prince was going to go. And whether he’d ever forgive her.

PreviousChapters Next