• Published 6th Oct 2017
  • 6,182 Views, 518 Comments

The Redemption of Tempest Shadow - twilightsparkle3562



Tempest Shadow attempts to redeem herself for her actions against Equestria.

  • ...
29
 518
 6,182

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52: "Tulip Confronts Tempest"

Tempest sighed, as she left the maternity ward along with Irish Spring and Lemon Lime. To her, being with newborn foals and comforting them made Tempest think deep thoughts…very deep thoughts. "Those foals we had been caring for," Tempest wondered as she and her friends prepared to leave the hospital. "What do you think they will learn of me when they get older? Are they going to learn that the mare who cared for them, conquered their families for something that she will never get back? Or will they be part of a generation that doesn’t know of the atrocities I committed."

"It does make you wonder though, Fizzlepop," Irish Spring remarked. "We affected at least dozen families, and some of them will want nothing more than to see you pay for your crimes. But, there is a difference between revenge and justice."

"I've heard too much of that already, Irish." Tempest sighed, hanging her head.

"Because not everypony will understand it, especially in these times,” Irish Spring explained. “But, maybe serving the rest of this sentence will do you some good, Fizzlepop. If nothing else, it will allow you to reconnect with Equestria as a whole."

Just then, they heard the sounds of hoofsteps coming towards the room they were all in, and Tempest turned to see an unfamiliar white coated unicorn mare standing in the doorway, a look of anger deeply registered on her face.

"Fizzlepop, who is she?" Lemon Lime asked, sacredness deep in his voice as Tempest merely stared at her. "We should call the…"

But, Tempest glared at Lemon Lime, stopping him from finishing his sentence. "Don't even bother," Tulip snarled, her eyes locked right on Tempest as she came up to her. "Do you know who I am, Tempest Shadow?"

Tempest remained steadfast, trying to keep herself together as Tulip glared at her. "Yes." She whispered as Tulip placed her face closer at Tempest's eye, trying to show off deep markings on her face.

"What's more, do you see these on my face? DO YOU?!" Tulip loudly demanded!

"I do," Tempest replied, not flinching. "I forced you and your sisters pull heavy carts filled with your treasures that the Storm King’s forces and I intended to claim as our own."

"And you were among those who denied food and water like the selfish monsters you are!" Tulip snapped, raising her hoof to strike Tempest in the face. “And now here you are, tending to newborn foals as if nothing is wrong!”

Tempest reacted quickly and raised up a hoof of her own to stop Tulip from striking her. Tulip briefly struggled for a moment but was quickly overpowered. "Striking me won't do you any good," She cried, pushing Tulip's hoof down back to the floor. "Look, I know I can't take back what I did, but all I ask of you is your forgiveness."

"Forgiveness?!" Tulip scoffed, a look of disgust befallen on her face. "How could I forgive you so quickly for what you did to my sisters and I?! You shouldn't even be standing here in front of me right now, you know! You should be hanged like the traitor you are!"

"L-listen, w-whoever you are," Tempest stammered, trying to reason with Tulip. "You have... every right to be angry with me. I betrayed Equestria because I had been promised the restoration of my horn."

Tulip's eyes widened in shock and disbelief upon hearing this! "Your horn?! Is that all it was about?! Do you know what happens to unicorns who lose their horns?!"

"I know that they never get them back!" Tempest cried, glaring right at Tulip. "It took Princess Twilight to make me understand that!"

"And because she had to deal with you, she's lying in a hospital bed being treated for psychological damages that you inflicted on her!” Tulip shouted, glaring back at Tempest with a snarl! “Why don't you go see her, Tempest? Go and see what you’ve done to her! Maybe then you’ll finally understand why everypony sees you as a monster!"

Tempest took in what was spoken of her and looked back towards her friends. What Tulip was asking her to do was not an easy task. "You need to see that actions can bring consequences to even an alicorn!" Tulip cried out. "If you don't want me to strike you, then go to Princess Twilight. Pray for her, and for yourself!"

Before Tempest could respond, Tulip turned around and walked out of the room.


Once they were alone, Tempest and her friends were left to absorb what had just happened.

"Do you think she wants me to believe that I put her in this situation?" Tempest asked.

"To be honest," Lemon Lime sighed. "You kind of did, Fizzlepop. Just as we put you in your situation, you put Princess Twilight in hers."

"Twilight's more than just a friend, she’s practically family," Tempest replied as she turned around to face her friends. "I put her in the situation that she is in now, just like I did with my biological family," Then, a sense of dread struck the unicorn! "No! No, I can't lose her! If what I just said was true, she's going to end up just like my parents, dying of a broken heart! What am I going to do?!" I never meant for this to happen!

"You need to sit with Princess Twilight and truly atone for your actions. And pray," Lemon Lime suggested. "Pray and swear that you will dedicate your life to serving the Princess of Friendship if she can pull through. But I wouldn’t worry myself too much over it, Princess Twilight is a fighter, just like you are! I’m sure you’ll both pull through."

Tempest took an enormous gulp as she realized what needed to be done.

Just then, Tempest saw Razzle Fizzle walk into the corridor and holding out what appeared to be a gold object in her aura. "Razzle, what are you doing here? And what are you doing with… that?!" Tempest exclaimed!

"I saw this near your nightstand," Razzle replied, showing Tempest the friendship festival crown that had been giving her advice. "I…I thought it was appropriate that I return this to Princess Twilight."

"Why are you giving her the crown?" Tempest asked.

"Because it belongs to Princess Twilight," Razzle answered firmly. "I think it's right that it is returned to her. It was hers to begin with, and she deserves to have such a cherished belonging when she needs it most."

"But, she won't wear it because I destroyed it!" Tempest protested. “Seeing that crown was what drove her into this state! I don’t see how it will make things any better!” Tempest stood and waited for the crown to come to life, to give her advice. But it didn't.

"I-it may seem hard to believe…" Razzle Fizzle stammered. "But... this crown…spoke to me. It told me to bring it here for your final test."

"Final test?" Tempest gulped.

"For you to forever bury your past. Now, follow me." Razzle instructed.


With no other choice, Tempest followed her sister towards Twilight's room and there she saw the pony who had given her a chance at friendship, lying on a bed on her back.

"I've come to return this crown to Princess Twilight." Razzle Fizzle said to the guards. And they allowed her inside along with Tempest. Once Tempest and Razzle were inside, all of Twilight's friends, family and fellow princesses got up without saying a word.

"Why is she asleep?" Tempest asked.

"She had another panic attack," Cadence explained just before leaving. "The doctors put her in a coma as a precaution. She’s not likely to come out of it for a while."

"No!" Tempest gasped, her eyes welling up with tears as she threw herself onto Twilight! "No! No! Please, Princess Twilight! I beg you, please! I'm sorry for everything I put you through! I'll do anything! Please! Please, wake up…and be okay!"

All Tempest could do now, was lay by the princess of friendship and cry, while her sister and all of Twilight's relations watched in disbelief.

It was then that Luna stepped forward and approached the sobbing broken horned unicorn. Activating her horn, Luna placed a spell on Tempest and knocked her out cold!

"Luna!" Celestia gasped, hastily walking over towards her sister! "What did you do to her?!"

"I placed a spell on Fizzlepop, so she and Twilight can finally make peace with one another," Luna explained. “Fizzlepop will be fine when she wakes up. And with any luck, when she does, Twilight will also come out of her coma. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t allow Tempest to go on like that, it wouldn’t do her or anypony else any good.”

Celestia frowned. “Sister, we will have a talk about such rash actions later. For now though, we must move Fizzlepop somewhere where she will be more comfortable.” They all then looked over towards the Friendship Festival crown, and they all realized that Tempest Shadow would face her greatest test yet.

PreviousChapters Next