• Published 31st Jan 2018
  • 854 Views, 5 Comments

He came from the forest - BronyAugustus



One night, Rainbow Dash discovers a vampony on her door step. Romance ensues.

  • ...
 5
 854

It was a dark rainy night...

As the rain pounded on her windows, Rainbow sat in front of the fire in her cloud house, the latest Daring Do story in her hooves. She always liked rainy nights, so when one was scheduled she would lower her cloud house closer to the ground so as to enjoy the sound of the rain on her roof. Now, with a new book borrowed from Twilight at hoof, a warm mug of Pinkie's special hot chocolate near by, and plenty of wood for the fire, courtesy of Applejack, she was set for a relaxing evening. "Ill have to thank her later." She smiled. Applejack. That mare was so nice to her, despite their constant fighting and competition. She was so kind, and humble, and beautiful.

"Wait, did I just think that."

Of course, she never would tell her friends about this. Wouldn't want them to think she was soft.

As she read her book, the storm raged with ever greater fury. Just as she neared the end of the fourth chapter, sometime around 10:00, there was a sound like somepony knocking frantically on her door. She sighed and got up, wondering who would be crazy enough to fly out in this weather.

As she trotted down her front hall toward the door, the knocking stoped. She reached the door and fought against the wind to open it. She was shocked to see a body lying on her doorstep.

He had a wicked look to him, his body jet black, his mane slightly lighter, with streaks of bright red. Any other time, she might have thought of him as very good looking. But right now, he was a wreck. He looked like he had lost a fight with a tree, his mane and tail had twigs and leaves, and he was cut up all over. Most worrying, however was a gash in his side. It wasn't very deep, but it was long and bleeding horribly.
She briefly considered taking him to the hospital, but she realized that, in this ferocious storm, she probably wouldn't make it there loaded down with him. With no other options, she hoisted him up, and, surprised by his light weight, carried him in to her house.

Once inside, she realized why he was so light. He was all skin and bones. She dropped him off on her couch and galloped off to her bathroom. There she grabbed some gauze, rubbing alcohol, and aspirin. She returned and set to work, treating his side first...

some time later...

It must have been nearly midnight, and Rainbow was on her second cup of coffee. The fire was burning low, yet the storm raged on. This extra must have come from the Everfree, as the storm that was planned should have eased up by now. She couldn't take her house guest to the hospital yet. But she would wait. He wasn't going to die, although it was close. He had probably lost consciousness from exhaustion. Still, she didn't want his wounds to get infected, and she didn't want a total stranger hanging around her house, no matter how handsome he was.

She looked back at him and smiled. "Yeah, he's handsome." She then turned back to her book.

A voice, weak but present, with an accent similar to her's, spoke from the couch. "You know, it's rude to talk about somepony as if they're not there."

Rainbow was jolted out of her thoughts. She turned around to see the stranger looking at her. She looked the stranger in the face, and received a shock: his eyes were blood red. She backed up.

"Your...your eyes. They're...red."

"Crud! I forgot I revert to my true form when I'm out." He closed his eyes for a few seconds and muttered something under his breath. He then opened his eyes and they were light blue! "Is that better?"

"W...what are you!?!"

He sighed. "Since you took me in, I suppose I owe you the truth. I'm a vampony."

Rainbow stood in shocked silence, and then suddenly laughed.

"Come on out Pinkie! You really had me going there for a bit. That was a good one. A really good one."

Nothing.

"Seriously, Pinkie. You did good with faking his wounds and all, but now you're just overselling it. Prank's over."

The stranger tilted his head. "Prank? I assure you, miss, this is no prank."

"Yeah right." she countered, "If you really are a vampire, prove it."

He closed his eyes again, and when he opened them they were once again blood red. He then opened his mouth, and she noticed them. "FANGS!" she screamed, "You've got FANGS!"

"So you believe me now."

"Yes! I believe you!"

"Thank you!" he smiled, inadvertently showing his fangs again.

Rainbow started breathing faster. As much as she hated to admit it, there were certain things she was afraid of. And vamponies were at the top of that list.

She stared backing up. Fear rose in her throat. Her rump hit the wall. She whimpered in fear.

Realizing her fear of him, he smiled and got up, wincing a little from the pain as he put weight on his left side. He started towards her, a smile on her face.

"And now, I'm going to give you a thank you for taking me in."

He walked closer to her. She tried to think of a plan, but she was locked up with fear. He drew closer. She began to shiver with fear. Her heart was pounding. He was now no more than an inch away from her. He slowly leaned in closer. She could feel the warmth of his breath. She could see every detail in his blood red eyes. She could almost imagine his fangs in her neck. She closed her eyes. "This is it" she thought. "I'm going to die! Please, Faust, let it be quick!"

She felt his nose slowly pass her's. That's when she felt it. His lips pressed against her cheek. Her fear melted away.

He pulled away. "Thank you..." he whispered as he pulled away from her and smiled "you're so cute when you're scared..."

Author's Note:

This story has been floating around in my brain for more than a year. Please enjoy.

Comments ( 4 )

Interesting. Do more!

I'm curious; from which "Forrest" did he originate? Is he the previously unknown progeny of the naive but lovable Forrest Gump? Or perhaps the rough and tumble former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin?

TL;DR Your title should say "Forest".

8703484
Well, that was embarrassing. Thanks.

8703785
No problem, happens to the best of us.

Login or register to comment