• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 2,198 Views, 62 Comments

Soarin's New Wings - Foal Star



During a freak accident, Soarin's wings were changed into beautiful butterfly wings and now he has to deal with accepting his loss, and learn to use his new wings.

  • ...
5
 62
 2,198

Chapter 5: A Cheerful Slumber Party

One week later

Rarity slowly walked down to Soarin’s room, giggling as she thought, “Oh, I do hope Soarin will enjoy what I have planned for him. Hopefully it’ll make him feel a little better about how things are going.” The white coated mare knocked on the door. “Soarin it’s time to get up.”

She heard a loud snoring and asked, “Soarin please I need you to get up!” But only the sound of sheets being pulled could be heard.

Rarity’s expression quickly turned fierce, outright growling at the still closed door, “That’s it, while I do believe a lady shouldn’t condone herself in such a manner, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” With a kick that would make Applejack proud, Rarity burst through the door, finding Soarin still sleeping underneath his covers.

Despite her outburst, her anger quickly reseeded at the sight of Soarin, whose body had become even more feminine during the last few days . With his long wavy mane,shortened face, more slender body, it was hard to believe he was ever a stallion to begin with.

“I suppose the transformation is nearly complete, I can’t say I’m surprised he’s acting so out of character...even so,” She whispered angrily, “Soarin you promised we would be going out today.”

Soarin groaned peeking out from under the covers and grumbled, “Oh yeah, almost forgot.”

He slowly got up and crawled out bed, only to squeal as he got tangled in the sheets before plopping unceremoniously on the floor. Rarity was quick to come to his aide. “Soarin are you alright?”

He just crossed his forelegs over his crotch and whimpered, “I’m fine.”

Rarity nudged him and helped the stallion onto his hooves, leading him to a desk with a mirror. “Come now, let's get that mane fixed.” Rarity started spraying some mane spray and rubbing cream into it before brushing the long black hair. The sensation made the shape changing stallion growl, “Ugh, that hurts!”

Rarity just continued brushing and cooed, “You really shouldn’t complain so much. After all, with your condition you’ll need to get used to things like this. We can’t have you going out looking like a mess.”

Soarin rolled his eyes in annoyance, but let Rarity continue fixing his mane. “So, Soarin, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you.Fluttershy has been inquiring about you for a while, hoping you’d stop by. I’m fairly certain she’s heard stories about your butterfly wings and wants to see them first hand.”

The stallion blinked and looked up at the white coated mare and asked, “Wait Fluttershy wants to see me?”

She nods and continued, “Yes, and Twilight has set up a surprise for you at her place.”

Soarin groaned at the thought of any more surprises, especially after the last few he got courtesy of Ponyville’s resident magical librarian. “Great, Celestia knows what she’s got in store for me this time.”

Rarity, ignoring his apparent dismay, pushed Soarin out the door, giggling with excitement, “Come now, no fretting, I have so much planned today!”

Soarin just rolled his eyes at her enthusiasm, “Here’s hoping it's nothing to embarrassing.”


To an extent the progressively, former stallion was only half right about it being something embarrassing. Once again he’d been dragged to the the spa, this time getting his manes and hooves done. The Wonderbolt hopeful, cringed every time a mare came to lather different foreign substances to his mane, all the while inquiring about his condition..

He however, just sat back dazed, trying his best to not go completely insane at the situation he was currently in. “I can’t believe this is happening? I wish I was still in bed and all of this was just a long, bad dream.”

At the same time, Rarity, in the midst of having her own mane blow dried, peered out of the corner of her eye at Soarin, frowning in disappointment at the sight of his distress. “I take it you’re still adjusting to everything that’s going on.”

Soarin turned towards Rarity and growled, “What was your first clue. I mean, how am I supposed to adjust to this. First I get stuck with these completely useless wings, which get me kicked out of the Wonderbolts. Then on top of that I learn I’m slowly turning into a mare. How exactly should I respond to that. I don’t wanna be a mare and I don’t wanna be comfortable with this. What I want is for this whole situation to just go away and for things to go back to normal.”

Rarity, reeling slightly at the sight of Soarin, who was now breathing somewhat heavily as a result of his outburst, and tried her best to offer a comforting hoof to his shoulder. “Darling, I understand this is difficult for you. Celestia knows if I was turning into a stallion, I’d be panicking all across Ponyville.”

Soarin sighed and rolled his eyes, “Well it’s actually happening to me and I’m still have more than a little trouble just accepting it. So you’ll have to forgive me if I decide to be a little testy with everypony.”

Rarity only nodded, “Yes it isn’t a pleasant experience for sure and you have every right to be angry. Though I do wish you wouldn’t be so quick to lash out, you’ll only make things worse for your self if you just sit and sulk all day.”

Soarin looked downtrodden for a second, before exhaling a calming breath, “Yeah, I guess you’re right. Last thing I want is to make this situation any worse.”

Rarity gave a nod as she smiled back, “It’s alright darling, you’ve been through alot and I have to say I’m proud that your taking all of this very well as you have.”

Soarin sighed, “Really, I dont think I have.”

Rarity held his hoof. “Trust me, you’re doing fine. You’ve actually stuck with your training regime and stopped your food binging.” The later part she seemed especially grateful for, if her expression and tone were anything to go off of.

Soarin laughed patting his stomach. “Well, Rainbow Dash has had me working me out everyday and I've been so focused on just trying to get this routine down. I think it's helped relieve some of the stress.”

The stallion then looked up and gave Rarity a loving smile. “But none of this would’ve happened if it weren't for you letting me stay at your home. So thanks, Rarity”

The mare laughed. “Oh, don't fret about that darling, you’ve been a lovely guest. Now we better rap this spa date up, there’s still Fluttershy to see and then Twilight.”

Soarin gave a nod before making his way
into the spa’s large hot tub, soaking in the bath salts and the calming atmosphere.

“Well, I have to admit, at least these spa dates are nice.”


The duo quickly made their way from the spa to to Fluttershy’s cottage, with Rarity quick to give a few light knocks to the door. The pair only had a wait a few moments for door to creak open and a familiar yellow mare to peeked out, “Oh, hello Rarity. Do you need something?”

The white coated mare cooed, “Hello Fluttershy, I just thought I would properly introduce you to Soarin. After all, you’ve been so eager to meet him.”

Pulling back so he could fully be seen, the transforming stallion only blushed and waved a hoof at Fluttershy, whose eyes all but turned into stars at the sight of him, or atleast his wings. “Oh my, he looks more beautiful than any stallion I’ve ever seen!”

Soarin’s blush immediately turned completely red in embarasment, ducking his face under his wing, “I’m not beautiful.”

Fluttershy lead the stallion in giggling, “Oh yes you are! Now please, come on in!”

She lead him to a couch and sat him, along with Rarity down as she passed the pair a cup of tea. Soarin accepted the beverage without argument, sipping it gently before giving a small, “Thank you.”

“Oh it’s no trouble. I’m just happy to finally meet you after hearing about you Rarity and Dash. By the way, how are your lessons coming along”, ?”

He shrugged, “I’ve pretty much nailed my new routine down, but I don’t know if it’ll be enough to get me back into the Wonderbolts.”

Fluttershy cooed, “Oh, do be so hard on yourself. I just know you will pass. Though, are you going to do the same performance Rarity did back at the Young Flyers Competition.”

Soarin sighed and nodded, “Something like that, Rarity even made me a pretty nice suit to go with it.”

Rarity blushed at the compliment, “Oh, please dear, you flatter me. I’m just glad you like it.”

As the trio chatted Fluttershy’s expression quickly started to redden as she fiddled with her tea cup, obviously wanting to say something but having trouble finding the words.

Soarin was of course quick to notice, “Something the matter Fluttershy?”

His voice got her to stop shifting the cup around, though she kept her face glued to the table, “Oh, well it’s just that, I was wondering if maybe you could show me some of your performance. I don’t want to impose, but after everything I’ve heard about it, I’m really excited to see it.”

Rarity turned to Soarin who despite apprehension, just couldn’t say know the butter yellow pegasus. Seriously, she was so adorable it was practically weapons grade., “Alright, I don’t see why not.” The cute, barely audible cheer she immediately let actually made the decision easier to bear.

The group quickly went outside, allowing Soarin to finally spread out his big butterfly wings, all to the glowing amazement of their third companion.

“Oh my, they’re gorgeous.” The pegasus currently fighting off the urge to get up close to the wings and get a measure for just how soft they were.

With a bit of apprehension still present, Soarin fluttered above Fluttershy's cottage and started tiptoeing across the air, following up with a few spins as he flew higher into the sky. He then finished his little performance by spreading his wings over the sun, allowing for a beautiful array of lights of all colors to shine upon the mares. He’s positively breathtaking isn’t he?.”

Fluttershy merely nodded, mesmerized by the many bands of color that set the sky alight.“He is! I wish he was living with me!”

Soarin slowly drifted down onto the ground, landing gently on his hooves. He blushed at the glowing looks of approval from the two mares, almost tempted to look away in embarrassment.”So how was that?”

His response was a squeal and a tight hug from Fluttershy, who merely offered a quiet, muffled “You were amazing.”

Soarin chuckled at the praise, brushing the back of his head still embarrassed at the attention. ”Thanks, though I’m just glad to hear that all the practice I’ve been up to is actually paying off. Of course, I’m not one to pass up a hug.” He quickly returned the gesture, albeit with one hoof which lasted for a good few seconds.

Rarity, having being shook out of her previous stupor, now eyed the embracing pair uneasily., “Alright, that’s enough. Soarin we should be going, we have an appointment at Twilight’s remember.”

Soarin’s race quickly erupted red as he pulled himself from Fluttershy’s grasp. “Right... yeah, we need to go see Twilight.”

Fluttershy still blushing whispered, “Oh alright, um...could you come by again...you could...um help with the butterfly dance.”

Soarin turned and asked, “Wait, the what?”

Fluttershy ground her hoof into the dirt as she thought, “Oh he probably doesn't want to.” She turned away but Soarin was curious and asked, ”Sorry, I couldn’t hear your. What was it?”

Fluttershy blushed and continued, “Well...the baby butterflies just hatched recently but their clumsy, they’re still learning how to fly...I was thinking maybe you could help coordinate them. If you don’t mind of course?”

Soarin had to hold back a slight frown at the idea of essentially being a flight coach for butterflies. What stopped him was Fluttershy’s distant gaze and slightly hope filled expression that all but cracked any reservations he might have had. “Oh, I can’t say no to her. She’s been so nice to me and well...I can't shake the feeling I want to be friends with her.

Hesmirked and replied, “Sure, I wouldn’t mind sounds like a lot of fun.”

Fluttershy squeaked, “Really? Oh that’s wonderful. How about we do it next Friday, after you become a Wonderbolt.”

Soarin gave a nod. “Next Friday i’ll be here.” Fluttershy squealed and fluttered over giving Soarin another big hug.

Rarity now getting a hint of jealousy growled and stomped a hoof. “Alright, we really need to get going now.”

Soarin broke with Fluttershy who giggled as she waved as Rarity escorted him away like a mother with a colt.


As the two walked through Ponyville Soarin eyed Rarity, whose scowl was practically etched across her face, “So what is it?”

She turned away and sighed, “Nothing.”

Soarin nudged her teasingly, “Now you're the one holding something back.”

Rarity turned and mumbled, “Well… I have to admit there is one reason why I let you stay with me.”

Soarin eyed the mare and asked, “And what’s that?”

A nervous sweat broke on the mare’s forehead when she turned to Golden Oaks and laughed “Oh look were here!”

Soarin was about to ask a follow up question, but she beat him to the punch, giving the door a few knocks.“Twilight are you home?”

Twilight opened the door smiling “hey you two come on in!”

The two ponies walked to the middle of the living room and sat down to some cups of tea gracefully placed into their hooves by Twilight’s magic. She giggled plopping on a chair down across from them. “So Soarin how are you feeling?”

He blushed taking a sip from his tea. “Well I’m doing better, sorry for freaking out in front of you last week.”

Twilight was quick to wave off his distress, “ It’s fine don’t even worry about it. Though on the that topic, I’ve been researching spells relating to gender transformation since then but still I can’t find a spell that could reverse your particular situation.” Her disappointment at not being able to solve this particular problem was obvious given her tone and posture.

“It’s ironic, we have spells that can change a ponies age and appearance, but gender is where we drew the proverbial line.

Soarin wanted to roar in annoyance, but simply didn’t see the point anymore, sighing in defeat. “Guess that means I'm definitely going to become a mare. “It’s alright, Rarity’s been helping me to deal with my...um, changes.”

Twilight look somewhat relieved at the revelation,, “That's great to hear. So, since a cure isn’t an option right now, I decided to focus more on how I can assist with your changes.”

Rarity curiosity peaked at this and decided to inquire further. “Really darling, how so?”

Twilight nodded and took out a book, “I found a few spells that can help with your menstruation cycles and a spell to make your wings more durable. I even found one to help keep your breasts from growing big.”

Soarin practically slammed his face on Twilight’s table in shame, as Rarity burst into laughter, He mumbled, “Thanks, I’m sure those spells will come in real handy.”

Twilight smiled, ”Thanks, for now though you have your big trial tomorrow and I thought that we should have some fun yo lift your spirits!”

Rarity giggled and asked, “Oh so what do you have planed?”

Twilight took out a makeup set. “How about we do makeovers and have a slumber party!” Rarity despite still chuckling as Soarin on the other hand, simply looked ready to run out the door. “So is this the surprise.”

Rarity squealed hugging him, “Oh lighten up darling, it’s going to be fun!” He rolled his eyes again and sighed “Fun for you maybe. I’ve still got some pride left. Here’s hoping this won’t be too much more embarrassing than what I’ve gone through already.”


In the span of a few hours, Soarin found himself with hair curlers in his mane and a green mud mask over his face, discomfort still visible despite the mask., “Um, how long do I have to leave this on?”

Rarity, who was fixing Twilight’s mane, explained, “You need to leave that on for the whole night dear. You want to look your best tomorrow don’t you?”


Soarin looked at himself oddly as Twilight waved a hoof. “Oh you look great Soarin! Now how about we do our hooves next!”

Twilight took out a set of hoof polish “Who wants to do their hooves!”

Rarity squealed. “Oh let me do Soarin’s please!”

Soarin however, took a step back, “Actually, can I just stick with the mud mask and curlers. I think I’m good as I am.”

Twilight laughed handing her the kit and Rarity went through the selection and took out a sparkling gold hoof polish and sat him down, “Now, don’t worry so much Soarin. Just me it’s perfectly harmless, now give me you left forehoof.”

He gulped and laid it out Rarity too it gently and began painting it. He grimaced and watched her paint it and he blushed seeing how well it match his coat. “Well it does look good.”

Rarity laughed,”Oh I'm so glad you're liking it darling now give me the left one. “

Soarin raised his right hoof and watched Rarity paint it slowly with a methodical gaze. Soarin blushed seeing how well his hooves were beginning to look and asked, “So, Rarity your really good at this I see.”

Rarity laughed, “But of course, and by tomorrow you’ll be the most stunning stallion in Ponyville!” He blushed and she had him sit down and began painting his back hooves. Then she put the polish aside and began to paint Twilight’s hooves who giggled, “Oh pink?”

Rarity cooed,”It’s a dark shade poof pink darling nothing more.” She started finishing up the polish and cooed,”There all done.”

Twilight turned the hoof around and cooed, “Oh wow it looks incredible.”

Rarity laughed,Isn’t darling, you look just simply smashing now let me do your other hooves.”

As Rarity was painting Twilight’s hooves Soarin turned to a mirror and blushed seeing his mane tied tightly in curlers, the green mud mask plastered on his around face and his butterfly wings shimmering with his hooves now glisiting with the sparkling gold hooves polish. “I can't believe this is really me, it seems almost surreal.”

His inner musing was interrupted by Twilight, who bounced over to him with almost childlike enthusiasm, reminiscent of a certain pink party planner. “Hey Soarin want to play truth and dare!?”

Soarin eyed the mares as they sat around and he shrugged plopping next to them. Twilight giggled and asked “Alright, who goes first?”

Rarity turned her head around at Soarin and asked,”truth or dare?”

Soarin eyed her and thought for a second and mumbled, “Dare.”

Twilight gave a long, “Oooh!”

Rarity smirked, “Alright Soarin I dare you to sing a song.”

Soarin squeaked , “Sing! I don’t know how to sing!”

Twilight laughed and clapped her hooves together, “Come on Soarin, you have to do the dare. It’s the rules!”

Soarin’s face turned a deep red as he started raising his voice, “Um twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.” He then planted his face onto the floor in shame, “So pony, just put me out of my misery already.”

The mares both burst into laughter and Soarin crossed his hooves with a pout as Twilight cooed, “alright my turn, Soarin truth or dare.”

Soarin sighed, “Truth.”

Twilight asked, “Do you like going to the spa?”

Soarin blushed even more as he whispered, “Yeah, it’s not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.”

The girls dawwed then he smirked, “Alright my turn Rarity truth or dare?”

Rarity cooed, ”Oh, I think I should do truth.”

Soarin looked into her and asked, “What were you going to say to me before we came into Golden Oaks Library?”

Soarin paused as she turned away. “Oh, I should’ve known he was going to ask that.” She could only let out a quiet whisper in response. “Well...I was...going to say I found you...attractive.”

Twilight blushed and Soarin just gulped looking down and mumbled, “Wow...I...Um..”

He turned back to Rarity and explained, “Well I can't lie things have been wonderful with you but... um...I’m still with Spitfire.”

Rarity rolled her eyes, mentally groaning at how absent minded he was. “I know that already!” But just offered a nod,”I understand.”

Soarin asked in a concerned tone, “Are you okay?”

She looked up with worry in her eyes and asked,”D...do you blame me for what happened to you?”

Soarin blinked in astonishment and sighed, “No I don’t blame you or Rainbow Dash it was all a accident.”

She nodded and Soarin whispered, ”I’m sorry for what Spitfire said to you, she can be so blunt sometimes. Were still friends aren't we?”

Rarity sighed in relief as she looked back,”Of course, we still are darling.”

Twilight got up. “Wow, this just got really uncomfortable.” She quickly coughed to get the pairs attention. “Alright I...I think Soarin uh you should probably be hitting the sack and get some sleep.”

He nodded. “You're right, see you all tomorrow.”

He got up and slowly walked upstairs as Rarity followed behind. Twilight could only giggle, “Rarity has a crush on Soarin never would imagine that.”