• Published 11th May 2018
  • 430 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Christmas Catastrophe - AizakkuHorooee



When Carve is prompted to come to Wisconsin, Carina is experiencing something that is putting holiday celebration on the line.

  • ...
 4
 430

Chapter VI - At the Vet

Well, Jon was right about one thing. The second destination has taken about two minutes to get to. So, at least the jolting doesn’t last long. About a couple of minutes after Jon enters, he comes back out, though now, he comes towards my door. He pauses slightly then opens it.

“So, they’re in?”

Jon nods.

“Okay. Do you mind staying with Aita in here while I go in?”

“Actually, not at all.”

“Good. If I’m not back by the next half hour, come back into the vet and see what’s going on.”

“Will do, Carve.”

;=;

I enter the vet and see no line at the receptionist post. Rather convenient, but I’ll roll with it.

“Why hello there. What are you doing here?”

“Oh, um. I’m just here to see Carina.”

“Oh, Carina Bagley-Handy?”

Uhh, wait. Bagley... Handy... that must be her. She mentioned those last names, and Bagley is the last name of one of her friends.

“Yes.”

“She’s in room 13.”

“Thanks.”

I proceed to dash off and head for the room.

;=;

“What the-”

I skid to a stop when I hear a familiar voice belt out a confused reaction.

“Carve? Is that you?” asks the voice, prompting me to backtrack to the room that holds the source to the voice. My eyes shoot open at who it is.

“Pane?!?”

Pane nods, setting down a bucket for Carina to float herself.

“Yes, it’s me. I see you read my letter.”

“Yeah, about that. Pane, can I borrow you for a second?”

“Erm, sure. The vet will be in the room pretty soon.”

Pane and I walk over to a nearby bathroom where we can chat alone. As I open the door, Pane is the first out of us to enter. When I enter, I turn on the light and close the door.

“Pane... I want to ask you something.”

“Yes?”

“Do you still trust Chrysalis?”

“Yes. I’ve trusted her for quite a while now, and I still do.”

“Hmm... I find that quite odd because you never bothered to let anypony know about Carina in the flesh before taking her over here.”

“Well, I posted a letter on-”

“Not only that, but because of this, Rusty and Tracey are now worried sick about you and Carina! Hell, Aita’s worried for Carina because of what may be happening to her!”

“But doesn’t this place know a thing or two about changelings?”

“I suppose Carina may know that, but she was in, oh I don’t know, Las Pegasus!!!”

“But that’s not-”

“-where she lives? But Pane, that’s where WE live! ANYPONY will recognize us over there!! You may as well have gotten better and faster care going to Las Pegasus General!”

“Uhhh... C-Carve?”

Nuta?

“I tried the best I can! If Carina needs her family, I’ll bring her home!”

Un Calina lahe nata fu duru gutara vi lea pere mato ho!!

“I... don’t underst-”

“It was US!!! She had US to go to if something like this were to happen to her in Las Pegasus!!!”

“We-?”

“It’s shit like this that seriously grinds my teeth this hard!!! My Rolling Acres nightmares have NOTHING on what you did, Pane! I don’t want to be in this mood when we’re supposed to celebrate HEARTH’S WARMING!!! If this EVER happens again, I’m letting Chrysalis know about it!”

“Carve... I’m s-”

“I have to go check on Carina. You wrote it in the letter yourself; she was spitting out blood.”

;=;

I proceed to walk back to room 13, only to see the door closed, which means that the vet beat me to the room.

Oh... that looks like changeling blood in here! When did this start?

When I woke up today.

Have you experienced any pain lately?

No, I haven’t.

Hmm... I think I might know what’s going on. I’ll be back in a little bit.

I gasp and suddenly turn myself invisible as I can no longer see my hooves. I quickly head to the side of the door to let it open. Once the vet passes by, leaving the door open, I let go of the invisibility spell and step in front of the entrance to the room again.

“Carve!!!”

Carina sees me and comes over to hug me.

“What are you doing here?!?”

“I came to see how you were doing, Carina.”

She lets go and scrapes the floor in front of her, looking at the bucket in the rightmost corner.

“Oh... my body’s felt better days, especially since I’m home in Wisconsin instead of Las Pegasus General.”

“...You’re not the only one who thought of that. I really hope you feel better soon enough.”

“If just seeing Aita says anything, I doubt I’ll feel this awful for more than a week. Also, Carve?”

“Yeah, Carina?”

“Is there a blanket anywhere here? I’m starting to feel a little chilly.”

“Well, you have me. At least I’m here to see you.”

I wrap my hooves around Carina, causing me to shudder..

“Wow, you DO feel cold.”

Carina coughs.

“Heh. Well, the vet’s going to return for me pretty soon. I’m sure he’ll have some answers for me.”

“Oh... well, I have get going. Aita’s waiting for me.”

“Actually, do you mind waiting for me before you go. The vet’s not going to be long.”

“Well, okay. I think a few minutes should be fine. If you need me, I’ll be under one of the chairs for now.”

“Alright.”

So, as I say, I crawl under one of the chairs, more specifically the one furthest from the bucket in the corner. Then the vet comes in and-

Um...

I have no idea how to feel about this diagnosis. I’ve seen changeling eggs before, thanks to the flashback Chrysalis and I had way back when, but how does that lead to spitting out blood? Ugh... I may have to ask Chrysalis whenever I can get the chance. But I guess I’m happy for Carina if she considers this the best Christmas gift she’s ever gotten.