• Published 11th May 2018
  • 430 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Christmas Catastrophe - AizakkuHorooee



When Carve is prompted to come to Wisconsin, Carina is experiencing something that is putting holiday celebration on the line.

  • ...
 4
 430

Chapter II - The Reunions Begin

During my hug with Rusty Flashlight and Pane Fall, I hear a slight shimmering sound. Darting my focus, I notice that a scroll materializes through a spontaneous air flame. Then the scroll falls to the stoop. When the hug is over, I levitate the letter to read it.

Dear Carve,

As of right now, I’m getting my essentials ready for when I come over tomorrow, and I already told Jon and Roman about coming over to your place in Las Pegasus. I know I’ve seen a few instances of Hearth’s Warming, likely somewhere you’ve never heard of, but I want to see how you guys celebrate Hearth’s Warming, let alone see what Hearth’s Warming is like in the flesh. Is urban exploration involved in your celebration? Do you go to see a show or play of any kind? Aita is sure curious to find out. Well, I’ll see you later today. I have to get back to packing.

Carina

P.S. I’ll be sure to send you updates on what’s going on.

“Well, Carina must be particularly excited about coming.”

“Gee, I wonder what makes you say that, Pane.”

“Isn’t it-”

“Yeah... I know,” I interrupt with. “She’s packing at the moment. But it does leave the question of how she was able to- ohhhhhhh. Oh yeah. She was here with Aita when Chrysalis was gathering the remaining changelings she had. Well, at least now she knows where we all live.”

“All of us except me, but I’m going to be here anyway,” Pane points out. “Now Rusty, about this whole Blockbuster thing. Does Carina know about it? I know she’s been where she lives as far as her memory can go, but did she ever know about Blockbuster?”

“Well, with the help of Jon and Roman, I made sure she wasn’t going to see me somewhere I would otherwise not have to visit. I’m just glad about finding a portable recording of the Hearth’s Warming Eve pageant for us to watch. Although I’ll have to make a real visit to Headrest Centre soon enough. It was pretty cozy in there for its length of vacancy.”

“Ooh! Mind if Pane and I join you?”

“Sure, if you want. I’m not entirely familiar with Carina’s realm of Wisconsin, but it does seem to be similar to Akron in level of detail. Heck, we might as well bump into something very similar while we’re at it.”

;=;

Later within the day, the door knocks and comes to my attention the quickest, prompting my answer as first by opening the door, revealing the knocker behind to be none other than Trace Light.

“Oh, hey Trace Light.”

“Carve!”

“So, I see you came around the time frame Carina’s supposed to come. Probably here for the Hearth’s Warming celebration for the next two days if your letter from when I came back home said anything.”

“Well, yeah. Dad arrived in Las Pegasus so that he can spend Hearth’s Warming with Uncle Rusty, and so would I.”

Suddenly, the two of us hear a gasp from behind me.

“Tracey!! I thought you’d be here later!”

“Well, the trip went well, Uncle Rusty. We went earlier in case there was a lot of air traffic.”

“Tracey, air traffic isn’t really a problem until Hearth’s Warming Eve, when everyone’s traveling to a nearby pageant location. You and your dad could’ve gone here when scheduled and wouldn’t have to worry about traffic.”

“Well, I told Dad that, but he insisted we go early, and that the earlier we arrived, the more extra time I get to spend with you.”

“Well, Trace Light,” I add. “I think your dad might’ve had a point there in that case. But it’s not just your uncle you’re spending this early celebration with.”

“Oh. Who’s joining us?”

“Two other changelings are coming, named Carina and Aita. But they’re actually not from the hive. Instead, they’re from a place that didn’t even know about Hearth’s Warming until recordings of Equestria started showing up over there. Those recordings make up the only reason the two changelings even know about Hearth’s Warming.”

“Well, do you think we should teach them how we all celebrate?”

“You don’t need to worry about that. The two may catch on. If anyone’s going to clear things up for the changelings, it’s going to be Rusty and Pane. They know the holiday the most out of all of us.”

;=;

After our conversation, I come to Uncle Rusty and Pane to talk to them while Carve closes the door and heads back to her room.

“Hey, Tracey.”

“Hi Pane. Hi Uncle Rusty.”

“So how was your first year as a Cutie Mark Crusader? Fun?”

I nod at Pane, then glance at what she has, which seem to be two cases that have the same shape of item.

“Yeah. Say, what’re these?”

“Oh, I know what you’re talking about. It’s from a very rare store that’s from where Aita and Carina live.”

“Hmm. ‘Blockbuster Video’?”

Uncle Rusty nods.

“Exactly.”

;=;

Suddenly, I jump at the sound of the doorbell.

“Oh, colorful Chrysalis! It’s them!”

I race from my room over to the door and open it to expectation behind it, only exciting me more. Carina and Aita.

“Hi Carve. You seem excited to see us.”

“When wouldn’t I, Carina? Everybody’s here now!”

“Exactly. Even my brother, this filly’s dad, came to Las Pegasus today because you were coming today,” Rusty adds.

“So, what’s your niece’s name, Rusty?”

“Her name’s Trace Light, but my brother and I always call her Tracey to shorten things up a little. So, how’re we going to fit everypony here? I know it’s nearing sunset soon.”

“Maybe Aita and I will be able to know what to do if we take a look at the house.”

Or maybe you two can spend the night at my house. I have nothing left to do here anyway. I’m in the mood for some company.”

“O-oh. Thanks, Pane. That means a lot to me.”

“Happy to help, Carina.”

Pane proceeds to open the door to the sunset sky and gestures Carina and Aita to come with her, prompting them to follow her on the way out.