• Published 11th May 2018
  • 430 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Christmas Catastrophe - AizakkuHorooee



When Carve is prompted to come to Wisconsin, Carina is experiencing something that is putting holiday celebration on the line.

  • ...
 4
 430

Chapter XI - A Day Cut Short

Wow... I... feel so well rested. I open my eyes to see a ceiling, one that looks familiar. Hmm... I guess Aita followed what I told him well. Well, at least I feel a lot better than I did yesterday.

I pull myself to a sitting-rest position before looking around the room. No one seems to be in the room, but luckily, I can live with that for now.

Wait a minute; I think I can hear breathing.

As I look around the bed, sleeping to the right of it is none other than Queen Chrysalis. But how did she get here?

Suddenly, continuing to look to my right, I notice two needles that are likely used for donating blood. I guess Chrysalis found out what was going on with me and decided to help out. Well, if that’s the case, then these two needles are contaminated.

I levitate the needles over to a rack next to the door and put them in the paper cup near the edge for the vet to retrieve.

Suddenly, I start feeling something in my abdomin. Must be my Christmas gift that’s starting to grow. Well, at least it means I’ll feel well in time for the holiday after the gift comes out.

I do remember that at this point the last time this kind of thing happened, Jon was considering calling the vet for him to see me. I do remember the feeling starting out with pain right away, but I guess my body’s more prepared now since Aita’s seven and a half now.

I probably should head home now that I think about it.

;=;

Queen Chrysalis?!? QUEEN CHRYSALIS!!!

My nap is rudely interrupted by someone calling for the queen. However, waking also seems to surprise me. I look around me and see that I’m right on Chrysalis’ throne.

CHRYSALIS, CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?

Okay, who is that? The voice sounds familiar, but I can’t recall much of it. Looking down on the floor in front of the throne, there lies the necklace I wore when Carina and I first met to hang out, the one I contained the letters in when Chrysalis first had her throne back.

HELLO?!?

A hole opens across the room to reveal... I thought that voice was familiar. It’s the plaintiff from the session regarding Crater Hall.

“Uh... Carve? What’re you doing here? Where’s Chrysalis?”

“Hi, Moph. I’ll need to step in for the queen indefinitely until she gets back. In the meantime, what’s going on over here?”

“All the changelings have been waiting for Chrysalis for the first bit of festivities today.”

“Huh... I guess I lost track of days for a bit. Didn’t realize it was the shortest day of the year today. But yeah, I’ll meet you down in a little while.”

The hole from earlier opens back up for Moph to leave, leaving me in peace.

I walk around the throne room and stretch a bit. I guess staying up so late for this time of year took a bit of a toll on me. Most changelings this time of year sleep as early as four in the afternoon, but I don’t blame them. But hey, that’s evolution for everyone.

Well, after a nice long thought bubble like that, I think it’s time to bring out the lively in me.

Remember, me. What would Pinkie Pie do?

Wait. Pink hooves??! Oh man, I changed into Pinkie Pie. I didn’t even notice I did that.

“Welp, let’s get the festivities STARTED!!!”

Oh vido Clisaris! I actually act like her. Hold up, me. I have to continue doing that. I have to act like Pinkie Pie.

So, I exit the throne room, bouncing around in the hive until I find the changelings.

;=;

I checked out of the vet a while after I woke up, so now I’m home, spending the holidays with everyone. Everyone except Carve though. I haven’t seen her since Aita and I left for Headrest Centre yesterday.

BUT since Chrysalis is currently sleeping- uh oh... Chrysalis was sleeping next to my bed at the vet.

Okay. From what I remember with Carve, most changelings slept on a nest. I don’t think it matters what it’s made of though, since her nest was just a pile of clothes.

But while setting up a nest out of towels, one for Chrysalis that proportionate to Carve’s, Jon immediately notices.

“Carina? What are you doing?”

“You haven’t seen any changelings do this?”

“Quite frankly, no.”

“I’m setting up a place for Chrysalis to continue sleeping.”

“Hmm... I can imagine she’s still sleeping.”

“Well, until Chrysalis wakes up, Carve won’t be here. I mean somebody has to watch over the hive.”

“Yeah... that makes sense. But Christmas is in four days. Will she be back in time?”

“I hope so, Jon. She wasn’t about to head back to Rusty’s just yet.”

“Okay. Now, why don’t you finish up with setting up the nest and we can get Chrysalis over here.”

“I’ll take care of that, actually.”

Jon leaves me to finish up with the nest. So after I do, I teleport back to the vet.

While I’m back in the room I slept in last night, Chrysalis is still asleep. However, as opposed to last time, silence enters and exits the room with a quiet squeak in between. I turn my head a couple of times to get the general direction; consequently, the squeak turns out to be coming from Chrysalis.

Finally, I levitate Chrysalis onto my back with no hesitation and teleport her to the house.

I take a brief moment, after putting Chrysalis on the nest, to look at her, although not without difficulty.

“I sure hope Carve will be back by at least Christmas. ...mm... I find it slightly concerning that Chrysalis would do something like this, especially this time of... NNGH... year. Chrysalis, whoever you are dreaming about, - NGAAHA - is there any way that they can help y- AAAAAAHHH!!!! JON!!! JON!!!”

By now, I’ve fallen next to Chrysalis on the floor, now screaming in abdominal pain.

Carina!!! What’s wrong?!?

I can barely hear Jon over myself, but then I finally calm down, now not able to sense much, the last notable feeling being one of getting picked up.