• Published 11th May 2018
  • 431 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Christmas Catastrophe - AizakkuHorooee



When Carve is prompted to come to Wisconsin, Carina is experiencing something that is putting holiday celebration on the line.

  • ...
 4
 431

Chapter IV - Missing out on the Presents

After our visit to Bundle Rollers, Carina ends up going to Pane’s house with Pane accompanying her. Well, off to Rusty’s it is for me, Aita and Trace Light. Hopefully tomorrow, Carina and I actually get to spend some more time to catch up. So I guess the reasons Aita stuck with us are because he normally sleeps separate from Carina, and because whatever furniture Pane had was apparently too comfortable to sleep on last night. Well, Aita is old enough to sleep on his own, him being seven and a half years old. Plus, I’ve been on furniture that was actually too comfortable.

Speaking of which, in my room anyway...

“Oh, hi Aita.”

“Uh, Carve?”

“Yes?”

“Do you mind if I sleep with you?”

“I don’t see anything wrong with sleeping with you. So, do you want a couple of towels? Blankets?”

“A towel made nest sounds good to me.”

I head to the wardrobe in the living room and proceed to grab three towels, carry them to my room, and use whatever technique I remember to build a nest similar to mine, paying attention to which towel should go where. I take a deep breath of relief and smile.

“Well, here you go, Aita. Happy Hearth’s Warming.”

“Thanks, Carve.”

“No problem.”

“So, about the place we went to... no one was in there besides us.”

“Of course no one was there, Aita. Fifteen years ago, it closed to the public. But while nobody can simply get in like before, there are still ways to step inside and have look around, like what happened to us. It’s stuff like that that Rusty and Pane plan for.”

“So, are there any places I should go if I want to spend some time alone?”

“Yeah, that is only if you really want to do that. I know. Equestria is overall plenty more positive than Wisconsin. It applies in every place for Equestria.”

“Huh? How do you know about where I live?”

“Carina lives there right?’

Aita nods.

“Rusty told me a bit about where you live.”

“Well, I did tell him a little about home when I was last here.”

“The day Chrysalis got her throne back?”

“Yeah.”

“That definitely fits, I say. I sure hope though that your family is fine with Carina going with us all to Bundle Roller Rink.”

“Hmm... I don’t know, Carve. Maybe Mom and I don’t have to tell them. After not knowing about Blockbuster before Rusty told me, maybe the human side of my family doesn’t need to know all about what we did.”

“Heh, to each their own I suppose. Well, good night, Aita. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Alright, good night.”

;=;

When I wake up the next morning, it seems quite normal, only now with Aita in my room. Of course he’s still sleeping, but I think not much of it. Thinking of the conversation we had last night, I start smiling, knowing that I helped him get sleep more easily by building him a makeshift nest out of towels.

I look at the time, and I see a time of six forty five. A little bit before sunrise, but it’s not by much. I proceed to get up and stretch a little, just as Aita wakes up.

“Oh, Aita. Did I wake you up?”

“Actually, I just woke up on my own.”

“Are you excited about today?”

“Heh, yeah. Presents, right?”

I nod.

“Carina and Pane are probably going to be here in an hour, maybe an hour and a half.”

“Okay.”

I exit my room and walk over to the living room, and over to the disc player. Next to the lone player, and under the living room window is a large pile of presents that comes with a variety of colors. All of them have one tag for each present, all of the tags having the From To template.

;=;

Well, it’s apparently taking a pretty long time for Pane to get here with Carina. I have positively no idea what the heck she might be doing. Maybe the two of them are staying at Greta Scone Corner; maybe they decided to revisit Bundle Rollers. I don’t know. But it is starting to worry everyone... except for me. Me? It’s starting to make me a bit annoyed. However, Rusty seems a bit optimistic... that is until he comes back with the time: 10:20.

Everyone’s jaws drop, a slightly worried and annoyed Rusty Flashlight aside. I shake my head to regain control.

“Okay, Rusty, you stay here with Tracey. I’ll bring Aita with me in case things get complicated.”

Aita gasps in shock of what I say, but ultimately decides to get close to me, now even afraid of what could’ve happened to Pane and Carina. So, the two of us head out, off to find of exactly why Pane is so late to the party.

After there being only the two of us in Bundle Rollers and the cashier saying how Pane never visited Greta Scone Corner today, we decide to take a look at Pane’s house. However, when we do get there, Aita and I see a note at the foot of the entrance.

Carve,

If you’ve come by and found this letter, that means I’m currently either bringing Carina to a hospital or on my way back. Carina kept spitting out something much clearer than anything I’ve ever seen get spit out, and it started to worry me. I ultimately decided to take Carina back to Wisconsin as soon as possible for the highest chance of proper care. I hope you understand why I can’t show up for the presents today, and neither can Carina.

-Pane Fall

“Okay, that’s it. We have to get to Wisconsin.”

“Wisconsin? Home?!?”

“Yeah, Aita. That’s where Pane is now! You know the way there, right?”

“Yeah...”

“Good. Then I’ll follow you.”

So, Aita takes to the sky, me following suit, as we begin the journey to Wisconsin so that I can talk to Pane.