• Published 11th May 2018
  • 430 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Christmas Catastrophe - AizakkuHorooee



When Carve is prompted to come to Wisconsin, Carina is experiencing something that is putting holiday celebration on the line.

  • ...
 4
 430

Chapter XII - Getting a Welcome Visit

I wake up to a constant nudging on my left side. At first, I actually feel a bit comfortable. Well, it does on that specific side. But then I hear someone familiar right next to me.

Chrysalis!

“Hold it. I think she’s awake.”

No fizz, Fluffle.

I open my eyes to see Jon right in front of me, and by my left side is a worried Aita. Looking around my locale, I seem to be at Jon’s home.

“How’s Carina?” I ask Jon.

“She’s in the vet again. She had some severe pain in the abdomen as she got you here.”

My eyes shoot open when I hear about Carina’s situation.

“No... that can’t be! Was I asleep for that long?!? Has it already exceeded twenty four hours since I fell aslumber from my donation spell at the vet?!?”

“Actually, that hasn’t been the case quite yet. But what-”

I finally stand up, now getting worried.

“Then why is my Carina at the vet?!? She’s not ready yet!!! The egg isn’t ready to be released!!!”

“Chrysalis, will you please calm down? I know Carina is important to you. But she’s been through this before, and here in Wisconsin no less. Why don’t we visit her and make sure she’s doing alright? Sophie’s there already, so no need to worry about her being alone.”

“Okay... but before we go, I have something to write to Carve, back at the hive.”

“Wait. We won’t have an-”

“Do you really know your changelings, Jon?”

“Uhhhh...”

;=;

Well, in terms of celebration for today, I personally ran into the problem of having a screwed up sleep cycle. BUT maybe taking another check around the hive will do my energy in.

...or I can spend it on reading a materialized letter on the throne. Carina probably sent it if Chrysalis finally came to. Well, here goes nothing.

Carve...

Aita, Jon and I are all on our way to see Carina at the vet.

Uh, this is kind of confusing.

According to Jon, she’s at the vet again, this time from a severe ailment in her abdomen.

Oh no... this better not be part of this little cycle Carina’s undergoing. Oh wait. If it was part of this, then it’d be the only problem she has.

I must continue to be with Carina, so I won’t be back until the next two days, when the egg is supposed to be released.

Okay then... I guess Aita really is getting a sibling. And now it’s clear that it’s Chrysalis who wrote this.

By the best hopes, I will return to the hive with an itch for celebration.

I hope so too. I wouldn’t want to see a queen depressed.

In the meantime, I hope the hive is focused more on celebrating Hearth’s Warming than on me. If they are focused on the former, PLEASE keep this situation between you and me. The best advice I can give for the latter case would be to find a way you can think of to ease their fears.

With hopeful regards,

Queen Chrysalis.

Man... Carina is at the vet again. I really hope she’s going to be back on her legs soon. I wish there was something I could do about it specifically. But Chrysalis is helping her out, so I guess that eases my fears slightly.

Suddenly, one of the guards enters the throne room with Rusty, Trace Light, and Pane in tow.

“Oh, hey Carve. Didn’t know you were given the th-”

“Yeah, Chrysalis has an important Hearth’s Warming errand to run in another world. I can handle that. My sleep cycle is tuned out by about an hour and half by now though.”

“Uhhh... okay. I just wanted to-”

“Let me know about my friends coming into the hive? I welcome them over here. So, will that be all?”

The guard nods.

“Actually, yeah.”

“Alright. Well, it’s close to four now.”

“Really? It feels a little earlier to me than that. I mean our-”

“I know. It’s the shortest day of the year, the time when changelings sleep the longest. We only have so much time for festivities. That’s likely why Queen Areola had originally spread those festivities out of five days.”

“Well, if you really want me to, I’ll have the rest of the guards clock out.”

“Help yourself to it.”

And with that, I’m now alone with my three pony friends.

“Okay, now quick... how are you all?”

The three simultaneously nod at me.

Good

Oh, we’re good.

You know, alright.

“Ah. Glad to hear. So, uh, what’s going on with you guys?”

“Well, not much has happened since Pane, Tracey and I got back to Las Pegasus. I’m sure you have some time since you stayed up so late last night.”

“So, uh, what were you thinking we’d do together?”

“How about Greta Scone Corner?” Pane suggests.

“Well, I’m not too tired at the moment. Sure. I’m up for that. Just give me a moment. Just have to get something quick done.”

I proceed to light my horn up, prompting a scroll to appear between me and everyone else. With my horn still lit up, I close my eyes in what I want to say to Chrysalis if she was here right now. Opening my eyes and letting my horn take a breather, I look at the scroll again, and this time, I see exactly what I thought.

So, I finally take the scroll and disintegrate it, leading it over to the waiting room at the vet back at Wisconsin.

“Alrighty! Let’s go everyone!”

Pane stops me.

“Wait, Carve. Just how up to Greta Scone Corner are you?”

I change into Twilight, like I used to back when I first met Rusty and Pane.

“Well, enough to teleport the four of us over.”

“Teleport?” Trace Light asks, prompting me to nod.

“Uh, yeah. That’s the quickest way I can get, well, anywhere really.”

“Don’t worry about it, Tracey. You’ll get used to that with Carve around.”