• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 292 Views, 30 Comments

Apple Annie Oak Tree - Creativa-Artly01



The story of Applejack's great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Enjoy!

  • ...
17
 30
 292

Chapter 6

Around midnight, the train pulls into the station and Apple Annie, her siblings, Franklin Flankler, and Buffalo Billiard hop off, grab their things from the luggage car, and head for the Mane Elite Hotel, where they plan on spending the night. A few hours later, after dropping their stuff by the venue for the night and locking them up, the three arrive at the hotel, where they check in and go to their rooms.

In their room that night, Annie tells her siblings about the fact that their aunt and uncles and a few cousins will likely be coming to tomorrow's show. As she says this, their eyes widen and they get excited. Eventually, she gets them settled down and tucked into their beds and they fall asleep. She then goes to her adjoining room and kicks off her boots, takes off her hat, and goes to bed herself. She can't wait until tomorrow's show, so much so, that she can't help but dream about it as she sleeps.

The next morning, an excited Apple Annie gets up before the sun and gets back into her hat and boots. She then goes outside for some fresh air and takes a deep breath. "Today's the day! I'm excited! Today I get to perform for all of Manehattan including some of my own kin."

Around 7:00, she goes inside and joins Franklin and Buffalo Billiard for breakfast. She gulps down her food because she's ready to get to the venue to practice. "Excited much," laughs Franklin.

"Eeyup," replies Annie with a grin as she finishes her last carrot muffin.

A few hours later, the three arrive at the venue and Franklin and Annie go off to practice while Billiard gets everything set up. After everything is set up, Buffalo Billiard goes off to introduce himself to Big Buffalo and Little Bird before the show begins. Meanwhile, another pony pulls out a poster with Annie's face on it, right smack dab in the center with the words: Greatest Sharpshooter in Equestria written right above it. As Annie comes out of practice, she sees the poster and lets out a squeal. "I've made it now! I have a poster with my face on it! I can't believe it!"

"I'm glad you like it," says Buffalo Billiard from behind her.

"Thanks so much!" replies Annie jumping on him and giving him a hug. Billiard just smiles. He's so glad that his shining star is happy.

Three hours later, the show begins and in the crowd, sits several of Annie's kin alongside Big Buffalo and Little Bird. As she performs her special trick, Annie smiles up at them, but she doesn't lose focus. She still pulls off the trick flawlessly. She's just glad her kin came to see her perform.

After the show draws to an end, Annie runs off to greet her kin. She embraces all of them in a hug. "Hey cousin Amber, cousin Apple Belle, cousin Cinnamon Swirl, Auntie Apple Lace, uncle Rich Apple!"

"Hey to you too, Annie," they reply, "it's good to see you. We never knew you were a country star!"

"Well, it's a relatively new title," replies Annie rubbing her neck.

"Well, you're good at what you do. That trick of yours is especially impressive," replies Apple Lace.

"Awe, don't make me blush, auntie," replies Apple Annie.

"Well, it looks like someone else wants to talk to you," says Uncle Rich Apple as he points behind Annie at the two buffalo. Annie turns around.

"Hello, Mr. Big Buffalo, Little Bird, nice to meet ya."

"Nice to meet you too, Annie," replies Big Buffalo.

"Hey, Annie," replies Little Bird, "nice to meet you."

"You new daughter," says Big Buffalo, putting his hoof on Apple Annie's shoulder. This makes Annie Blush. "We have joining ceremony later tonight."

"Uh, yes, yes, of course, Papa Big Buffalo," replies Apple Annie, a smile sliding across her face. She is more nervous now than anything else.