• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 292 Views, 30 Comments

Apple Annie Oak Tree - Creativa-Artly01



The story of Applejack's great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Enjoy!

  • ...
17
 30
 292

Chapter 22

Later that afternoon back at home after Cinnamon Bun's cutesenera, Apple Jam grabs her lasso and goes out to the backyard to practice for the Lil Tikes Rodeo. Annie watches her daughter through the window, a smile on her face. She's glad her daughter is giving this a go, after all, she enjoyed doing the Lil Tikes Rodeo at her daughter's age too. Annie then puts down her coffee and goes outside and joins her daughter. "Tighten up on the throw a little bit, you're too loose."

Apple Jam nods and tightens up her throw, landing it right on the barrel in front of her. She squeals. "Thanks, mom!"

"Don't mention it," Apple Annie replies with a smile. Apple Jam then goes and loosens the rope from the barrel and continues to toss it over and over again, landing around the barrel every time. She squeals with a smile on her face. She can't wait to do the rodeo!

"Mom, the other event I signed up for was the hurdle race, any advice on that?"

"Nope, I never was one for hurdles, go ask your father." Apple Jam nods off and runs off to find her dad, whom she soon finds in the back orchard shooting at old juice cans.

"What can I do for you, sweetie?" asks Franklin with a smile.

"Can you teach me to jump hurdles for the Lil Tikes Rodeo?" asks Apple Jam.

"Of course, follow me to the far side of the orchard, I have a hurdle course set up there." Apple Jam nods and runs up to her father and the two head to the back orchard, where Apple Jam observes as Franklin jumps the hurdles. She then follows his lead and jumps them herself, only hitting down two. "Good job!" exclaims Franklin, "go again! You can do it this time! I believe in you!" Apple Jam nods and goes over the hurdles once again, this time not hitting any down. She smiles and squeals.

"Thanks, dad! You're the best!" squeals Apple Jam as she runs off to go inside for a snack.

"Don't mention it," replies Franklin before heading back to the main orchard to do some more shooting practice. He's glad his daughter is getting involved in the rodeo. After all, being show ponies definitely runs in the blood.