• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 292 Views, 30 Comments

Apple Annie Oak Tree - Creativa-Artly01



The story of Applejack's great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Enjoy!

  • ...
17
 30
 292

Chapter 20

Five years later, while helping her aunts and uncle in the kitchen making jam, little Apple Jam's flank begins to glow and is soon followed by a cutie mark of an apple preserve jar. She smiles giddily as she prances around the kitchen. "I finally got my cutie mark! Momma! Daddy! Come quick! I got my cutie mark! I got my cutie mark!" Annie and Franklin come running to the kitchen. They smile as they look at Apple Jam's flank.

"Congratulations, sugar cube!" says Apple Annie. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks, momma!"

"That's my girl!" says Franklin as she sweeps her off her hooves and onto his shoulders and trots around the kitchen, her laughing all the while. Eventually, Franklin wears himself out and drops Apple Jam back down onto the floor and ruffles her hair. Annie then goes and grabs a loaf of apple raisin bread and cinnamon cream and makes them all a slice to celebrate Apple Jam getting her cutie mark. They'll have her cutesenera over the weekend.

The weekend soon rolls around and everypony gathers at the bakery to celebrate. Apple Jam wears her best bright blue ribbon in her hair and its matching dress as she chatters along with her friends. Apple Annie and Franklin smile as they talk with the other adults in the corner. "Wow! It's about time she got her mark, it suits her too," says Apple Jam's best friend Cinnamon Bun's mom, Cinnamon Swirl.

"Yeah, I'm so very proud of her," replies Annie with a smile on her face. She then takes a sip of her coffee. "I have another secret to tell her later, too." She whispers into Cinnamon Swirl's ear. "I'm expecting my second."

"Really, congratulations," Cinnamon Swirl whispers back.

The two then get back to idle chatter while Franklin is off talking with Cinnamon Swirl's husband, Hickory Smoke, the local woodsman and his pals. Annie smiles over at them then gets back to talking with Cinnamon Swirl.

Meanwhile, Apple Jam jokes around with her friends and tells them every detail about how she got her cutie mark. "So, I was in the kitchen making preserves with my aunts and uncle," explains Apple Jam, "when I got my cutie mark! I knew I loved making jams and preserves, but I never knew it would be my special talent!"

"I think that's how it tends to go," replies Cinnamon Bun. "I haven't gotten mine yet, though."

"You'll get it in time," replies Apple Jam. "I promise." She gives him a kiss on the cheek. "I know you will." Cinnamon Bun blushes. He knows Apple Jam is right. He will get his mark soon enough and at the time he realizes his talent is baking just like hers.