• Published 24th Aug 2017
  • 292 Views, 30 Comments

Apple Annie Oak Tree - Creativa-Artly01



The story of Applejack's great aunt Apple Annie Oak Tree. Enjoy!

  • ...
17
 30
 292

Chapter 25

Two weeks later, Apple Annie and Franklin arrive in Appleloosa for the Great Equestrian Rodeo. First up is trick lassoing, which Annie does alongside three other mares and one stallion. She smiles as she makes one shape after another, first a rabbit, then a bird, then a dog, a heart, a star, an apple, a boot, a hat, a swan, then a unicorn, a pegasus, an earth pony, a diamond, a cat, and a crown. The ponies stare on in awe, including the regal sisters from their seats in the top stand. They then stand up and cheer, clapping their hooves together. Annie smiles as she takes a bow, the other four then follow suit. They then trot off back to the back, while the bull wrestlers take the floor, including Franklin. Annie stands behind the others, a frightened look in her eyes as Franklin jumps onto the bull and begins to wrestle it. She then stares in horror as he falls to the ground, crushing his hoof on the hard packed dirt. He is then carried off by the medic ponies. Annie's eyes begin to fill with tears as she runs off after the medic ponies and her beloved Franklin.

In the medical tent, Annie watches on, still shocked, while the medic ponies support and wrap Franklin's hoof. "Franklin, what were you thinking?" asks a disappointed and angry Annie.

"I was thinking I could stay on, but you see how that went," says Franklin looking at his hoof then up at her. "So much for my other events. I can't even compete anymore." Franklin then gets an idea. "Annie, you have to throw the hay bales into the stack on my behalf. You can do it! I believe in you."

"Okay, I'll do it," replies Annie, a nervous tone in her voice. "I'll do it for you."

Annie then goes back to the main arena and lines up in Franklin's spot alongside the other hay bale throwers, all stallions. She gulps. She can't help but feel a little intimidated. The event soon begins. She throws one bale, then another, and another, and another until all of her ten are on the stack. She then falls down and collapses. Throwing those bales really took a toll on her. The medics come and grab her off the arena floor and to the side and give her a glass of water and begin to fan her to cool her off. Annie sighs weakly, "I did it, honey." She then faints. The medic ponies take her to the medical tent to get some rest, rest she very much needs.

In the medical tent, Annie is placed on one of the beds and falls to sleep almost immediately, but not before whispering to Franklin next to her, "I did it, honey." Franklin smiles over at her as she falls asleep.

"Good job, now get some sleep," replies Franklin. "You definitely need it."