• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 767 Views, 375 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Burst and the other Elements of Heroism have been enjoying their peace so far. However, the future is full of surprises. And they'll soon realize just how much they can live up to their elements.

  • ...
9
 375
 767

Episode 14: Enter the Cyber Knight!/Advent of Judgement! The Third Son of Aether Arrives!

Office of the Night Guard
A young Shadewing took a deep breath and kept a calm exterior. However, his twitching bat wings were betraying the calm facade on his face. Soon enough, he was called into the office and spoke his reasoning as to why he was here. "Sir. I've been thinking things through, and came to a realization. I'm not built for being a guard. So I'm dropping from the Night Guard. My file's under the name Nightfall Silver. I'm pretty sure you know what to do from there." The Night Guard captain nodded, and signed Nightfall's papers. "Thank you. Just let me clear out my stuff." Nightfall headed back to his former barracks, and packed up his sole belongings. That being a picture of him and his father and the small wrist gadget he'd made. "Time to head home."

Nightfall's home was more like a house and a workshop rolled into one. He promptly washed his face when he set his things down, and gazed at his reflection. His midnight blue skin, grey eyes, and silver hair truly reflected his name. He then changed into his usual outfit. Dark blue pants, a button up black shirt, and black shoes. Nightfall then slipped on his silver glasses. Usually reserved for when he was feeling particularly geeky. "Let's get to work." Nightfall stepped into his workshop. Upon entering, he saw his old labcoat hanging on it's hook. "Still has the oil stains from last time." Nightfall said with a small smile as he slipped it on. He then began drawing the blueprints for his latest project. And as he did so, he spoke the words of wisdom his father had imparted upon him.

"Sometimes you need to do things smarter. Not harder." Nightfall finished the blueprints he was working on a few hours later, and smiled at his handiwork. "Words I'll now apply to my fighting." Nightfall looked at the blueprint, and smiled. The design present was for a futuristic hi-tech armor. "Now all I need is to do is build you." Over the next couple of weeks, Nightfall poured himself into his project. He was gifted with technological expertise, and that allowed him to conduct the work fairly quickly. "Perfect."

Nightfall took a few steps back, and nearly tripped over one of the soda cans he'd left lying around. He recovered, and gazed upon the armor he'd made. It was sleek and smooth in design. The armor was pure silver in color, and the visor looked like it was held in the mouth of an eastern dragon due to the helmet design and was yellow in color. "Now all that's left is to take it on a test drive." Nightfall then looked out his window, and smiled. "And it's a beautiful night..." Nightfall folded his wings against his back and pressed a button on his watch. The armor disassembled, and snapped onto Night! "But first, a quick systems check." Various prompts flashed agaisnt the interior of Nightfall's visor. "Booster systems at full power. Sensors full operational. Armor integrity at 100%. All systems go." Nightfall then stepped up to one of the windows in his house, and opened it. Nightfall leaped out, and activated his suit's rocket boots jetpack! Nightfall flew over the night sky of Canterlot. Scouting for any activity he might need to halt. His suit's sensors then picked up on a mugging taking place! Nightfall landed and made a crater! The theives froze and were shocked at Nightfall's appearance!

"Return what you've stolen. Or else." One of the thugs charged at Nightfall with a knife, and Nightfall raised his right arm! A tazer dart shot out! Knocking the thug out cold! "Next?" The other thug was about to take off running, but Nightfall fired a stun blast from one of the generators on his palms! He then produced a pair of shock cuffs, and cuffed the knocked out thugs to a nearby lamp posts. The victim thanks Nightfall for saving them, and asked who he was. Nightfall paused for a moment, and smiled under his helmet. "Call me... Cyber Knight."

The next morning, Night awoke with a yawn as he got up and headed to the kitchen. Turning on the TV to the news. Much to his surprise, he was the main story! Night slowly smiled as he knew that he'd done something good. And it felt pretty nice getting recognized for it. "Maybe...this can be a thing for me." Night then noticed the news anchor mention the Elements of Heroism in Ponyville. "So those are the Elements of Heroism." A small smile crept onto Night's face. "Let's see how I stack up to them."

Back in Ponyville, Ace had looked at the article on the Cyber Knight that was on the front page. "Wait until the guys see this." Ace called a meeting at the town square, and the Elements of Heroism were fully assembled. Spike was the most excited because this was his first meeting with the team. "This guy's only showed up recently. But from what people have said, he's packing some pretty cutting-edge tech. Especially if he's got armor like that."

"So? What do you think we should do Ace?" Burst asked.

Spike blinked. "Maybe we could convince him to join us?"

"Not a bad idea Spike." Ace said with a smile. "But, that in turn brings up a problem. How do we find him?"

"How about I come to you?" Nightfall called from his armor as he hovered over the Elements of Heroism! He cut-off the jets in his armor, and landed softly on the ground. "So. You're my predecessors." Night then looked over the group. "I gotta say. You've all got quite the resume. But there was something I was wondering while I built this armor: How do I stack up against you guys? So I figured, why not see how hard I can hit?"

Inferno looked over all his friends. "ALL of us against you? That seems kinda one-sided."

"What? No!" Night protested. "Just Burst Stream. I wanna see how my tech compares to pure power! So? What do you say? Up for a bout of magic versus machinery?"

Burst calmly walked forward. "Let's see what you can do." A small smile crept onto Burst's face as he drew his sword Bahamut Edge. Night fired some tazer bolts at Burst! Burst used his speed to strafe out of the way, and pulled out one of his Twin Burst blasters! He fired a sereis of shots to push Night back before leaping into the air and bringing Bahamut Edge down! Cutting into the side of Night's armor! Burst noticed some sparks flying out from where he'd struck Night! "Don't let it faze you." Burst said to Night. "If you can still move, you're still in the fight."

"Uh, thanks." Night said as he looked up from the damaged portion of his armor. He then fired a powerful blast from the palm blasters on his hands! "Take this!" A huge cloud of smoke resulted from the force of the blast! But as the smoke cleared, Burst was surrounded by a bubble shield! His hand covered in the blue aura of his magic! "Geez! Well, I guess you wouldn't be the Element of Power if you didn't know how to tank a hit. Even so..." Nightfall charged at Burst as Burst dropped his shield. "I'mjust gonna have to go hand-to-hand!" Burst wasn't prepared for an adversary so tech-oriented to resort to a physical attack as Night punched Burst in the gut! However, Burst only staggered slightly as Night shook his hand to get some feeling back into it. "Even with my armor, that still stings a bit! What are you made of?"

Burst chuckled. "My skin's dragon scale. One of the perks of being a False Avatar born from the Dragon Lineage. Besides having a pair of awesome wings. Sometimes you need to fight harder AND smarter. But that's only so much of being a hero. I want to see if you've got the last part needed for this kind of work."

"Last part?" Night asked himself out-loud. He stared at the damage report on the inside of his visor. His right palm blaster was busted, and his left one was still on cooldown. Not to mention he had a finite amount of tazer darts. And with that punch he'd damaged the circuits in the right arm of his suit that controlled the tazer dart launcher on his right arm. "Whatever it is, I don't know! All I know is I'm not calling it quits yet!" Night once again mounted a charge against Burst and swung at him! Burst rolled out of the way, and punched Night right in the visor! Cracking it upon impact! Fortunately, the built-in jetpack on Night's suit helped him recover! Night stared at Burst through the broken visor. 'Man. My tech's not doing so well for me now. This doesn't make any sense! I'm fighting smarter! What am I doing wrong?' Then, Night remembered more words from his father.

"You can only rely on tech so much to improve and advance Night." Gear said with a kind smile. "But what drives you to do better is something no machine can learn or grant you. The heart. It can propel you to go above and beyond! Always listen to it. It'll never steer you wrong."

Night slowly rose to his feet, and tossed his helmet to the ground! "That's right. I gotta follow my heart's beat. And right now..." A slight glow enveloped Night! "It's telling me to throw one last punch!" Night swung as hard as he could, and Burst caught his fist. Night was panting heavily from throwing all his effort into that last punch. "I guess...I should've seen this coming from the guy who slugged Discord in the face."

Burst smiled. "Congratulations Night. You do have that one last piece. You've got heart." Then, a glow appeared on each of the Elements of Heorism's arms! Each of them examined the new marks that were present after the glow faded, and were amazed! The makrs were based on the monsters their Duelist Arms were based on! Save for Night. His was based on the robotic dragon he'd based his armor's helmet off of. "So...what are these things?"

"They're our Hero Crests." Burst answered. "It sounds like a good name for them. As for which element you are, I'd say you're the Element of Heart. Even when your tech gave out, you kept on pushing. But could you tell us your real name?"

Nightfall gave Burst and exhausted smile. "Nightfall Silver. Call me Night for short." Nightfall was about to shake Burst's hand when Twilight bounced on him and started fawning over how cutting-edge his armor was. "Didn't expect to literally run into royalty."

"Oh! Sorry!" Twilight said as he cheeks flushed red. "I can't resist freaking out over all things cutting-edge. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Princess of Friendship."

Nightfall bowed. "Nightfall Silver. Former Cyber Knight. Now the Element of Heart." He then smiled. "Call me Night. BTW, I'd love to hear you geek-out later. You got any spare rooms in your home? I need a place to stay, and I can work as the tech service for the town."

"Only if you let me help amp-up your armor." Twilight said with a smile. "I can't wait to see how it all works!"

Nightfall smiled. "Lead the way."

"Oh no you don't." Spike said as he gripped Nightfall's shoulders. "First, we gotta get you to Sugar Cube Corner. Chances are Pinkie senesed your arrival. Wouldn't want you to miss out on your welcome party!"

"But, but I-" Nightfall said as he was dragged. "...I wanted to talk nerdy to her...." Nighfall had his chance at the party. The other Elements of Harmony and Elements of Heroism didn't think anyone could talk as long as the two of them did. At the same time, Cadence pulled out a book that listed the current relationships of Twilight and her friends. She added Nightfall's name to the pairing for Twilight.

"You're shipping again. Aren't you?" Chrysalis asked with a smirk.

Shining Armor chuckled. "How eles do you think she got so good at being the Princess of Love?"



Canterlot. That Night.
"Sure seems like as good a time as any for a quick break, right?" Radiant Hope asked as she and Sombra arrived in Canterlot.

Sombra gave her a small smile. "I'll say. Not that restoring Princess Amore isn't important, but it'll be nice taking a short rest. We'd also better see if the princesses can give us any aid." However, as they moved toward the castle, Sombra felt a presence. "Hope? I don't think we're alone." Sombra turned around, and saw a figure in a light grey cloak and hood staring at them. "Is there something I can help you with?"

The figure reached into his cloak, and drew out a katana. The blade was white, and the hilt was modeled after a dragon's head. "This blade smells your past sins. The time has come to face justice." The figure charged at Sombra, and slashed at him!

"You missed." Sombra said as he looked over his body. No cuts or wounds were visible. But as he was about to continue, his eyes went pure white and he fell to his knees screaming! In his mind, Sombra was forced to experience all the pain, fear, and hate he'd inflicted in his days as the Crystal Empire's tyrant!

"Sombra!" Hope screamed as she ran to Sombra's side! She then looked to the figure with tears in her eyes! "Why?! Why did you attack him?! He's done bad things in the past, but he's working to fix his mistakes!"

The figure blinked under his hood and sighed. "I apologize. But regardless, my task is complete." He then walked off. "Justice, has been served." As the figure left, he removed his hood. The silvery moonlight seemed to bathe him in an aura. His white hair, light grey skin, and blue eyes seemed to glow under the light of the moon. Princess Luna was doing her nightly fly over Canterlot when she caught sight of the figure. The figure seemed to notice her as well. "So. That's the Princess of the Night." Blitz Surge smiled to himself, and continued on his path.

Luna was pondering who she'd seen when she saw Radiant Hope and Sombra. She immediately landed and rushed to their side! "What happened?"

"I...I don't know!" Hope said as she looked down at Sombra. "I think the weapon he was hit with cast a fear spell on him! But I can't sense any dark magic from it!"

Luna looked over Sombra, and her eyes went wide as she sensed the magic that was afflicting him. "Because this isn't dark magic. It's Light Magic. But only my sister and those she trained had access to such magic! But finding out who's responsible for this attack will have to wait. First, we must tend to Sombra." Luna then pondered the glimpse she'd caught of Blitz. 'That young man. I sensed something from him. A powerful light. But destructive. Much like the light magic that is wreaking havoc on Sombra. Just who is he?'

Blitz in the meantime arrived home and looked at the article of Burst and the Elements of Heroism. "I guess our meeting is upon us. Brother."