• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 767 Views, 375 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Burst and the other Elements of Heroism have been enjoying their peace so far. However, the future is full of surprises. And they'll soon realize just how much they can live up to their elements.

  • ...
9
 375
 767

Episode 6: A Hero's Dedication

Burst, Moon, Inferno, Ace, and Tyrannus had joined Twilight and the girls at the Castle of the Two Sisters. Burst had just finished moving some pillars, and saw Spike looking at a sealed comic book. And he was pretty interested in it if the cover was any indication. "What'cha reading Spike? That the latest issue of Legion of Harmony?"

Spike nodded excitedly! "Sure is! I love this series and the characters!" The young dragon then looked wistfully at the comic. "Seeing all those heroes fight villains on pages kinda makes me wish I could be like you guys." Spike then sighed. "But...I guess I can relate to the sidekick character Humdrum. I'm too small to get into any fights because Twilight and the girls are afraid I'll get hurt."

"Well...what about the Crystal Heart?" Burst asked with a small smile. "You got it to the pedestal and sent the Umbrum back into the shadow prison."

Spike sighed. "Yeah. But YOU'RE the one that annihilated them." The drake's head then sunk. "Maybe it was a mistake of you to even name me an honorary Element of Heroism."

Burst frowned as he put a hand on Spike's shoulder. "Spike? You wanna know a little secret?" Spike nodded, and Burst smiled. "I used to be small like you once. I wasn't always this strong. I trained for years to get at the level I'm at know. The superheroes you see in comic books, they were part of why I love being a hero. And do you know what they all had in common? All of them started out small at one point." Burst pointed at Spike. "Just like you. And they became stronger because they dedicated themselves to a purpose. Like how you're dedicated to Twilight and the girls."

"It's true." Inferno said with a smile as he approached the two after setting down some fabric. "You've got a lot of potential in you Spike. In time, your day will come. And who knows? That day just might be today." He then clapped his hands together. "So. What's got you hyped for this issue?"

Spike beamed. "It's a big crossover issue! The Legion of Harmony meets the Power Rangers!" Spike then proudly displayed the cover of the latest issue! "I hope we get to see the Megazord! Oh! And the green ranger! He's so cool!"

"Well, we're not gonna find out if you don't open up the issue." Ace said with a chuckle as he approached the group. Moon and the other girls noticed Burst and the guys crowding around Spike and reading the latest Legion of Harmony issue. However, the guys were perplexed when the pages cut-off at the climax of the action! "What gives?"

Spike inspected the note where the story seemed to end. "If you wish to see the end, shine the spotlight on one who goes unnoticed." As Spike read the text, a portal opened up that sucked the whole group! When Spike came-to, all the girls were in the costumes of the Legion of Harmony! Spike looked at himself, and saw that he had the role of Humdrum. However, what troubled Spike was seeing who was absent. "Wait, where are Moon and the guys?" But they didn't have time to search for the others when they saw Mainiac attacking! However, there was an unusual addition to the super villain's costume. A strange coin she was using as a necklace that seemed to generate green lightning patterns all over her costume! The lightning patterns seemed to glow with power!

At the same time, Burst, Moon, Ace, Inferno, and Tyrannus were in the street decked out in civilian clothes. But each one had a noticeable part of their outfit. Burst had a red jacket, Inferno had a black tank top, Moon had a pink shirt, Ace was wearing a blue sweater, and Tyrannus had a yellow sweat shirt. Unfortunately, Mane-iac took notice. "Well. Looks like we've got a few new faces to Maretropolis! I've got some new friends in town too!" Mane-iac snapped her fingers, and a squad of putties popped into existence!

"Get ready guys!" Burst called out as he got into a fighting stance! The group charged at the putties! However, while they had the edge in skill, the putties held strength in numbers!

"This isn't getting us anywhere!" Inferno groaned as he shoved a putty off of him! However, something caught his eye when he brushed against the pocket of his pants! "Huh?!" Inferno pulled out a device, and his eyes went wide! "Hey guys! Check your pockets! See if you've got something like this!"

Burst and the others pulled similar devices, and Burst gasped when he realized what they were! "Everyone! Get into position!" The others stood by Burst's side! "Follow my lead!" Burst thrust out the morpher! "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME! TYRANNOSAURUS!" A bolt of red lightning came down on Burst, and transformed him! When the light died down, Burst stood as the red ranger! Inferno replicated the action by yelling out mastodon, Moon cried out pterodactyl, Tyrannus called out saber tooth tiger, and Ace called out triceratops!

"POWER RANGERS!" The group called out! Spike and the girls were watching in awe from the rooftop!

"C'mon!" Spike cried out! "We've gotta help them out!" Twilight hoisted Spike onto her back, and flew down! However, being new at using their powers, things got out of hand quickly! Burst and the others had finished off the putties, but Goldar came flying in! Giving them more of a challenge! As the Main 6 attempted to fight Mane-iac, Spike found the electro orb and tried to sneak it off! But Mane-iac noticed, and swatted away the Main 6!

"Ah! Humdrum! Useless as ever!" Mane-iac cackled. "I'll be taking this!" Using one of her tendrils, Mane-iac swiped the electro orb from Spike's hands! "Of course, it wouldn't be fun if I didn't torment you the least bit!" Mane-iac raised one of her hair tendrils, and Spike braced for the worst! Then, the sound of a swing ran through the air! Spike opened his eyes, and saw a hair tendril falling limp on the ground! He then saw Burst standing before him with a power sword drawn!

"Looks like you're in serious need of a stylist!" Burst joked. "And I've got just the tool for the job!" Burst charged at Mane-iac! Rolling out of the way when her hair tendrils lashed out at him! Sparks showered out from where Burst slashed at the super villain! Moon fired some bolts from her power bow to keep Mane-iac distracted while Tyrannus, Ace, and Inferno handled Goldar! "Give up Mane-iac! No one will ever take us down! The power lies on our side!" Twilight and the rest of the Main 6 then joined the fight! Getting the hang of their abilities as they took down more putties and soon joining with Burst and the others!

Mane-iac blinked before letting out a cackle of deranged laughter! "You mean..it USED to!" The coin Mane-iac wore around her neck glowed bright green as an energy ball gathered in her hands! She then hurled the ball into the ground, and an explosion of energy rocked the street! When the light faded, Burst and the others who had become rangers lay de-morphed on the ground from the massive damage! Twilight and the girls were in just as bad a shape! "AHH HA HA HA HA! Oh this is just so perfect! The Power Rangers and the Legion of Harmony lying at my feet!'

"An excellent victory!" Goldar crowed! "I shall deliver them to Empress Rita at once! She will be thrilled to know of this triumph!"

Mane-iac scowled as she slapped Goldar with one of her hair tendrils! "NO! My city! MY win! And they're mine to do with as I wish!" Goldar flew off at Mane-iac's response, and Mane-iac scooped everyone save for Spike up with her hair and treaded off to her lair!

Spike watched in horror as he came to a realization! "I'm the only one left..." Spike paced for a minute as he tried to calm himself. Then he remembered the times Burst and the guys had gotten into jams. "That just means I'll be the one to save everyone!" And with that, Spike dashed off to Mane-iac's lair! He watched as Mane-iac rendered his friends immobile with a hair-spray ray that neutralized their powers and froze them in place!

"You might have all of us, but you forgot one person!" Twilight spat as she tried to move! "As long as they're out there, you're not gonna win!"

Mane-iac giggled! "Humdrum? Sidekick? No powers, remember?" She then let out another cackle. "You really think that little nothing can help you escape?"

"Power can come from anywhere." Burst answered. "And it can be found sleeping in the smallest packages. Just waiting for the time to wake up!"

Inferno tried to nod. "And potential lives in the people who are the most unlikely to save the day!" Spike's eyes went wide when he heard his friends speak so highly of him! However, his brief moment of celebration was cut short when the pipe holding him fell, and he landed in between the Mane-iac and his friends!

"Well, well. What have we here?" Mane-iac slithered as she crept towards Spike and scooped him up in one of her hair tendrils! "Now, now Humdrum. I'm not as bad as your friends say I am. In fact, I'm going to do something quite nice for you! Join me! You're always on the sidelines with the Legion. Never getting a chance at any of the action because they're too scared of you getting hurt. They get all the credit. But roll with me, and the whole city will be on its knees before us!" Mane-iac set Spike down, and extended her hand. "What do you say?"

Spike looked back to his friends, and narrowed his eyes. "No! I've stayed by their sides all my life, and I'm not gonna stop now! They're my whole reason for waking up, and I'm not leaving them now!" Suddenly, the coin around Mane-iac's neck snapped free, and shot towards Spike! A surge of energy flowed into the young dragon as his body began to change! A brilliant green lightning bolt crashed down onto the vortex of energy! When the light faded, the green ranger stood before everyone! "WHOA!" Spike exclaimed! He admired his ranger form! Scarcely believing that he had turned into his favorite ranger! "I'm the green ranger! This is so sweet!" However, Spike's celebrating was cut short when a squad of putties surrounded him! "All right! Bring it!" Spike unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks! Turning the putties to rubble in almost no time! "Now to take care of my friends!" Spike shot a ball of green energy from his hands that destroyed Mane-iac's doomsday device! Freeing the others! "Care to join the party?" Burst and the others powered up, and made short work of the remaining putties!

"It's not over yet!" Mane-iac fumed as she pulled out a remote and pressed the button! A giant robot began to rise from the floor! Mane-iac leaped into the controls and began to terrorize Maretropolis!

Burst looked to Spike, and put a hand on his shoulder. "This is your story Spike. You should be the one to end it!"

"Awesome!" Spike cheered as he drew the dragon dagger! "Come on out Dragonzord!" Spike played the dragon dagger, and the Dragonzord rose from the city bay! Lumbering its way toward Mane-iac's robot! The titanic zord roared a challenge at its enemy! The two behemoths charged at each other, and clashed! Making the whole ground quake beneath them! And try as she might, Mane-iac stood no chance against the Dragonzord's awesome power! "All right! Time to finish this!" With one last note, Spike ordered the Dragonzord to use its drill tail to pierce the energy core of Mane-iac's robot! Sending the super villain hurtling to the ground trapped by her own hair! The Dragonzord let out a mighty roar as it stood over the wreck that was once its opponent! "Aw yeah! Now THAT is epic!" But before they could enjoy their victory, the entire group was whisked away by a swirl of light, and spat back out into the real world! However, Spike was shocked to find that he had grown to his teen years and short stubs protruding from his back! "I'm...I'm older. Nice! I guess waiting all that time really paid off!" But the surprises weren't over yet. A ball of green fire formed around Spike's left arm. The fire soon condensed into a form, and an arm cannon shaped like a purple dragon's mouth was on full display! "Whoa! Is this..."

Burst and the guys noticed their Duelist Arms glowing. "Yes. It's a Duelist Arm. YOUR Duelist Arm." He and the guys then brought Spike in to their circle. "Welcome to the team Spike. Element of Dedication. Now comes the fun part. Naming your Duelist Arm."

Spike looked down at his arm cannon, and grinned. "Jadefire. That's what I'll call it." He soon clutched his stomach as hit grumbled. "I guess fighting bad guys works up an appetite!" The group laughed, and headed home for a meal. Needless to say, the rest of their friends were pretty impressed by Spike's growing up. "Looks like today really is my day!"