• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 767 Views, 375 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Burst and the other Elements of Heroism have been enjoying their peace so far. However, the future is full of surprises. And they'll soon realize just how much they can live up to their elements.

  • ...
9
 375
 767

Episode 21: Level Up and Throw Down!

It was a beautiful day outside, and Burst and Inferno smiled as they took combat stances. Ace, Ice, and Tyrannus were staring them down. Both sides had their Duelist Arms at the ready. "Alright. Let's see how training you guys has paid off in terms of controlling your newfound powers." Inferno said with a nod. "Bring it!" The two sides rushed at each other!

Ice fired a small, but powerful ball of magical energy from his hand! "Let's see how you like this!" Burst rolled out of the way as the blast exploded! "Nice try!" Ice then swung with Archfiend Dragon's Tenacity!

"Not bad!" Burst said as he raised his sword Bahamut Edge! "Your new Earthbound strength makes swinging your claymore effortless. But..." Burst knocked Archfiend Dragon's Tenacity from his hand! "It means squat if you can't keep a good grip on it!"

Ice nodded. "Noted!" Ice then punched Burst with as much restrained force as he could! Burst then plunged his sword into the ground to halt his flight! Tyrannus then swung at Burst with his Brachio Staff! Burst leaped over and fired a charged shot at Tyrannus! Tyrannus unholstered his Tyranno Magnum and fired a blast that collided with Burst's shot!

"Way to be versatile Ty!" Burst said with a smile. At the same time, Inferno was dodging Ace's newfound magic attacks. Ace had been specifically using ice spells, but Inferno's fire blasts served as a direct counter! Not a few minutes later, they called an end to their sparring session.

"Not bad guys. You're getting the hang of your new abilities pretty quickly!" Inferno noted.

Ace nodded. "Well I should've seen your fire spells coming. Your first name is Inferno after all." Ace then looked at his phone, and saw messages from the other Elements of Heroism. "Hey, the rest of the guys say they're free for the day. Time for another group hangout?"

"Timing couldn't be better." Burst said with a smile. "Nightfall said he's rigged up his gaming consoles. Time for a gaming fest! Let's go!" Burst headed to his house, and picked out a select few games from his gaming library. "These oughta do." And with that, Burst and the guys made their way to Twilight's library. "Hey Twilight! Night's expecting us. You know where he's at?"

Twilight nodded. "He's waiting in the living room. Try to keep the volume down, please? I'm trying to re-organize the books?" Burst and the guys nodded, and set their gear in the living room. They were shocked to see Nightfall sitting in front of multiple TV monitors that had somehow been seamelessly hooked up.

"Oh. Hi guys!" Nightfall greeted. "I got everything hooked up and the consoles ready. So are we gonna get our game on, or what?"

The other Elements of Heroism blinked before grabbing their controllers. Then a thought occurred to Burst. "Hmm. You guys think Discord wants in on this?"

"Somebody call my name?" Discord asked as he popped into the room in a flash of light! "Oooh! What have we here?"

Nightfall shrugged. "We were just about to power up our gaming consoles. Had the monitors hooked up and everything. You want in? We've got plenty of extra controllers."

"Hmm. This is as far as you're going with your gaming?" Discord asked. "No pun intended, but I think I might be able to help you take gaming to the next level." Discord smiled as he flared his chaos magic. "Why play the game when you can live it?"

Ace blinked. "You mean you can transport us inside our favorite videogames?"

"Please. I'm the Spirit of Chaos! Reality warping and other such impossibilities are trivial to me!" Discord said with a chuckle. "Now hold on. Need to do a memorgy scan for your favorite games." Discord sent out a pulse of magic. "Ah! There we are! Hold still. This'll feel a bit tingly. I'll be going with you. Think of me as your in-game support." Discord snapped his fingers! "AND OFF WE GO!" And with that, Discord and the Elements of Heroism were transported to the game world!

Ace opened his eyes, and saw that he was dressed as Link. However, in the place of Link's iconic Hylian Shield and Master Sword, Ace's Duelist Arms were equipped. "Okay. Now what to do here?"

"Easy!" Discord said as a spirit image of him popped out of a medallion on Ace's neck! "Your goal here is to rescue the fair princess of the land! But first, there's three dungeons you need to clear. They contain keys for each of the gates to the final boss's keep. Fortuantely, I can sense dungeons!"

Ace smiled. "Well then. Lead the way!" Ace held out the medallion, and used it as a sort of compass.

"Let's see now...Aha!" Discord pointed in the direction of a forest! "The first dungeon's in that forest!"

Ace nodded and headed into the forest. He'd only set foot in a little when monstrous plants sprouted from the ground! "Should've seen this coming!" Ace grunted as he raised his shield to block the monster plant's lunge before grabbing his sword and cutting down the monstrous plant! "Looks like this won't be a walk in the park..." Ace continued to fight his way to the forest. One of the more annoying enemies were the giant spiders that tried to swip at him, but Ace quickly dispatched them. He then saw the dungeon entrance. "Here we go."

Ace set about exploring the dungeon and found a map. However, skeleton warriors made things difficult for Ace when he found himself near a large chest! "Better K.O. these boneheads first!" Ace raised his shield to block one of the skeletons that tried to swing at him, and slashed at the vulnerable opening it left! Ace rolled around the other two skeletons, and cut them down with a quick spin attack! "Now to see what's inside." Ace opened the chest, and raised a bow to the sky! "Now all I gotta do is get some arrows."

"Try fighting monsters. They might drop some." Discord noted as he returned to the medallion. Ace did so, and soon found himself at the door of the boss! Ace cautiously went inside, and froze when he saw a gigantic spider crawling along the ceiling! A large, orange eye on it's back! Discord then jumped out of the amulet and hovered around the eye! Ace took this as a sign, and fired an arrow! Sending the boss plummeting back to the ground! Ace then got in as many hits as he could, and the boss exploded! Leaving a Heart Container behind and a gem that served as a key to the final boss. One down. Two to go." Ace picked up both item drops, and travelled to the two remaining dungeons. The lava dungeon located in the mountains had Ace using bombs to stun a gigantic infernal reptile, and the lake dungeon had Ace fighting against a mutant jellyfish. Fortunately, his new hookshot treasure let him grapple to safety whenever the floor was electrified! Soon, Ace had the keys to the final boss in hand. As well as the weapons he'd picked up from the main dungeons. However, Discord got distracted by the mini-games.

"C'mon!" Discord said with a smile. "On the plus side, I just raked in some expansions for your arrows and bombs!"

Ace smiled as he sighed. "Well, I guess distractions are part of the fun. Now onto the final dungeon!" Ace headed to the castle of the final boss, and stormed through it! When Ace got to the final boss, he saw Sonata trapped in a crystal andshe was dressed like Zelda! "Guess that means I'm taking down Ganondorf." Ace was proved correct. However, the final battle was based off of the final duel in Twilight Princess. Ganondorf's sword swings were massive, but that made him slow as Ace dealed the finale blow right through the head! As thanks, Sonata's game counterpart kissed Ace! And when the game over screen flashed, Ace found himself looking at all the other guys playing through their games. Particularly of interest was where Venus and Fang wound up. Castlevania.

Venus and Fang were tearing their way through the various monsters that haunted Castlevania's halls. They had advanced pretty far due to the two of them covering each other. However, that didn't make one particular enemy less annoying. "Medusa heads. Of all the enemies here, I hate them the most." Venus said as he whipped another Medusa head flying at him.

"Could be worse. You could be fighting an armor!" Fang called out as he repeatedly clawed at an axe armor! Letting out a sigh of relief as it crumbled and burned away. "Those things take forever to kill." The two had made it to the fifth boss. Death. "Hold tight Venus. He's mine." Fang leaped at Death, and broke off one of his bones! Causing the reaper to fall to pieces.

Venus chuckled at the sight. "No bones about it. He lacked some serious spine." Venus and Fang then made their way to face Dracula! Fang was able to sniff the prince of darkness out, so the first phase of the fight went in their favor. But Dracula's second form proved to be more of a challenge both Venus and Fang were jumping like crazy and trying to land as many hits on his head as possible! Sure enough, they were victorious, and Discrd teleported them and the game counterparts of Adagio and Aria. As soon as the end credits rolled, the two found themselves back in the living room with Ace.

"Hmm. Wonder who's left?" Fang asked as they honed in on Shadow and Ice. From the looks of it, they were in a Final Fantasy game.

"Okay. We've been grinding for EXP for what seems like forever." Ice said calmly. "SO HOW IS IT THAT THIS FINAL BOSS IS STILL SO HARD?!" Ice noted how low his and Shadow's hit points were. "I don't think we can tank another hit! Shadow. PLEASE tell me you've got potions on hand."

Shadow groaned as he looked through their inventory. "I've only got one left. We're so close to beating him, but his attacks are relentless!" Shadow then noticed an odd orb that had the word "summon" on it. "Well, we haven't used it for the whole game. Might as well use it now!" Shadow tossed the summon orb into the air, and Discord was released!

"Time to end this with a bang!" Discord said with a grin. He snapped his fingers, and the final boss exploded into a rain of confetti! "And cue the victory theme!" As soon as the victory theme played, Shadow and Ice were back with their friends in the living room.

Ice stretched a bit as he readjusted to the real world. "Wonder how far the others have gotten?"

Nightfall was tearing through the robot masters in Mega Man. He'd gotten past most of Wily's fortress, and was facing off against the mad doctor. Fortunately, Nightfall had quite teh soft spot for old school gaming and wont he day fairly quickly and wound up back int he living room. The group saw North fighting his way through a beat 'em up. North was fairly beaten up himself, but he was walking away from the defeated final boss with Applejack's game counterpart in tow. The two of them soon joining their friends back in the real world.

Steel was in Street Fighter, and was playing the role of Guile judging by the outfit he had on. He was crouched on the ground as Bison flew at him with a psycho crusher. Only to be met with a flash kick to the face! Steel followed his assault with a sonic boom, and a couple punches and kicks! Sure enough, Steel won and was teleported back to the real world as soon as the credits showed him heading home with Rainbow Dash. "Hey. You think I'll ever get to that point with Dash?"

"Knowing her, it'll be nearly impossible to slow her down THAT much." Nightfall said with a chuckle. "Wonder what Ty's up to in his game?" The group saw Tyrannus fighting his way through Covenant forces in Halo. "Huh. Didn't take him for much of an FPS guy."

Tyrannus had just picked up some ammo as he mowed down some more grunts. However, the Covenant Elites were a bit more trouble. Fortunately, Tyrannus had also picked up an energy sword. Letting him get up close and personal. Mowing down the last of the enemies in his path. Tyrannus then saw Fluttershy's game counterpart in a stasis pod. Tyrannus released her, and saw Discord show up with a warthog that had a functioning turret. "Let's go before this place blows!" Tyrannus got behind the turret, and fired at any enemies that tried to pursue them as the base began to fall apart! The trio made it out, and Tyrannus was about to remove his helmet when he was sent back to the real world. "Oh well." Tyrannus said with a shrug. "Kissing Fluttershy in real life is a lot nicer." Tyrannus had just sat down, and saw Akage making use of his ninja skills in Strider.

Akage was bouncing around as he avoided the bolts of lightning and summoned mech creatures sent his way by the boss! However, Akage's training greatly turned the battle in his favor as he scored the last hit! He then took off on his glider with Pinkie's game counterpart holding onto him. He then fell flat on his face when he returned to the real world. "Gravity. One of the things I can always count on." He grumbled as he got to his feet and joined his friends. Akage then did a quick head count. "Looks like the only ones left are Burst and Inferno. Wonder what games they got sent to?"

"Only one way to find out." Nightfall said as he pointed to the remaining monitors.

Inferno blinked as he took in his surroundings. "Hmm. Wonder what weapons I've got?" Inferno tried attacking, and a key-like sword was summoned. "Huh. Guess I'm in Kingdom Hearts. Well, no sense just standing around. The boss ain't gonna come to me!" Inferno explored the area around him, and sure enough ran into Heartless. "Time to see just how deep the keyblade cuts!" Inferno charged at the Heartless! Cutting down the weaker ones before bashing the tougher ones! "Let's turn up the heat!" Inferno fired a firaga spell from his keyblade! "Sweet!" Inferno then scrolled through his command list. Almost all his commands were fire based. "Time to blaze my way through!" Inferno incinerated all the Heartless in his way before arriving at a clear field and Rarity imprisoned by a ring of flame! It was then that a Heartless that looked like a dragon landed and roared a challenge!

"Alright then. I'd hate to do this to a dragon. But you're the one who's stolen MY treasure!" Inferno charged at the Heartless! Rolling out of the way when a fireball was sent flying at him! He then leaped over the Heartless's tail as it swung at him, and countered ferociously unleashing a flurry of fiery bashes to the Heartless's head! Inferno landed as the Heartless exploded! "Now to-" Inferno was teleported back to the real world before he could get some thanks from Rarity's game counterpart. "Well, at least I took downt he final boss." Inferno said with a shrug. "Hey, what game do you think Burst's wound up in?"

Ty smiled. "Knowing Burst's style, figuratively and literally, I'd say Discord chose..."

Burst looked around his game surroundings, looked at his outfit, and smiled. He then drew his Twin Burst blasters, and spun them around. 'I'm wearing Dante's DMC 3 outfit. Yup. I'm in my favorite game.' "Let's rock baby." As if one cue, a bunch of demons appeared in the street. "Bring it sandbags." Burst opened fire upon the demons! Turning them to dust with a few shots! Burst then holstered his blasters, and drew Bahamut Edge! Cutting down any demons unfortunate enough to get in his way! All the while raking in quite the amount of red orbs. Soon enough, Burst appraoched what looked like a statue of Discord. "Heh. Of course he'd find some way to throw himself in here." Burst approached the statue, and a menu popped up. On it were support items and moves he had yet to purchase. "Hmm. Think I know what I'll purchase." Burst purchased the combat move Stinger and a few Vital Stars. "All set. Now..." Burst looked at the tower before him. "On to the final stage." Burst rushed into the castle! Storming through any demons unfortunate enough to get in his way! Burst soon made his way to the top of the tower, and saw Celestia and Moon's game counterparts trapped by a magic seal. "So what infernal being do I have to take down to save them?"

Discord popped up next to Burst. "Only the most despicable thing to crawl out of the DMC series." Discord said as he pointed to a lone figure materializing from a dark portal.

Burst narrowed his eyes and gripped the handle of Bahamut Edge. "Reboot Dante." Burst said coldly. The infamous reboot version of Dante was about to speak when Burst kicked him in the face! And as the reboot was reeling, Burst then punched him in the face! Right before charging up his blasters and fired! Nothing was left of the infamous reboot character. "You weren't even worth a boss battle." Burst said as he glared at the pile of ash remaining. "Game over." And with that, Burst was returned to the real world, and Discord soon appeared the group. "So. Do we get an end credits sign?"

Discord smiled as he snapped his fingers, and a large "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING" sign appeared over their heads. "Hmm." Discord said as he scratched his chin. "Maybe I should've thrown in a secret ending. Oh well! Pizza time!" And with that, the group proceeded to chill the rest of the day away.