• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 2,046 Views, 81 Comments

The Code of the Villains - Kaliann25



Bright Spark son of Twilight Sparkle is a genius like his mother. But unlike Twilight, Bright is an evil genius. His goal? To become the greatest villain in the world.

  • ...
7
 81
 2,046

Rule # 1

Rule # 1:
The bad guys win, and the good guys lose

First bank of Canterlot:

At simple sight it was another boring afternoon at the bank: the employees were trying to not to sleep on their counters and only a few costumers in the line. But I repeat: at simple sight, because actually everypony in the room was ready to react at the first unusual move or sound around them; because they weren’t actually employees or costumers but under-covered Royal Guards ready to capture the two bank-robbers who attacked the bank every three months at four o’clock. Why? They didn’t know but they’ll have the chance to interrogate them soon.

“How long we have to keep this farce, Commander Sentry?” Asked one of the ‘cashiers’ to the ‘costumer’ he was attending.

Flash Sentry, the mission commander, looked at his watch and frowned. One small detail about those two was that they were very punctual.

“Soon. In five, four, three, two, one…”

The skylight in the middle of the roof exploded in a million pieces making everypony to get under desks, chairs or whatever they could. Then a rope entered by the recently made hole and a mare used it to enter elegantly to the bank. She was wearing a black spandex body-suit, a red skirt, red designer boots, a long ruby-colored scarf and a porcelain mask with creepily-glowing yellow eyes. She gracefully jumped to the center of the main hall and moved with elegance to the cash registers with smooth ballerina-like movements.

“Afternoon; I would like to retire some money. Half of the vault s’il vous pleit” she said with a heavily marked French accent.

Then the main gate exploded in a million pieces that somepony started to play very loud electronic music followed by violet and purple disco lasers and fog that gave the bank-robber a dramatic effect. And then he appeared in the middle of another explosion; if the first one’s aura felt somehow graceful and elegant, this one’s felt more energetic, like a teenage boy having fun at Friday night.
He wore what it seemed like another spandex suit with small details painted in purple; and he hide his face by a black helmet with a purple visor.

“What’s up? I came for the other half of the vault! Would you mind?!”

One of the cashiers, a unicorn, shot a magic beam against the newcomer; but it didn’t had any effect on him. Instead the mysterious stranger aimed his hoof to the cashier and shot an electric current that knocked-out the pony.

Flash deactivated his armor’s camouflage spell and faced angrily the couple of bank robbers; and then the rest of the soldiers.

“We finally meet ‘Dolly’ and ‘Mister Z’. In the name of Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia, you are under arrest for multiple charges of destruction of public property and at least fifteen bank robberies. Surrender now or…”

The two villains high-hoofed.

“Finally! This morons took their time to appear even if we took the bother to attack the same exact targets in a specific order!”

“I know, right? Is like this Kingdom doesn’t take its future threats seriously!”

Flsh had a pulsating vein in his temple, he couldn’t stand being ignored like that.

“Listen to me idiots, if you think you’ll get away with this you’re wrong. There’s no money in here, we knew you would come so we moved everything in the bank to a safe location”

“We don’t care about money, we do this only because we’re villains and rob banks is the villainous act for excellence” explained Dolly with a shrug.

Z then took an old textbook from his suit and began to search for something.

“Let’s see, where is it, where is it? Oh, here it is! You see, as the Code of the Villains reads, a true villain doesn’t care about money or power but the chance to do at least one act of evil everyday”

“Being evil is its own reward”

The Royal Guards exchanged confused looks but recovered quickly and charged against the so-called villains. One particularly big and muscular soldier jumped over Z, but strangely enough the villain hold him with one hoof without any difficulty (how was he this strong? He seemed skinny and weak for Celestia’s sake!).
And laughing at the soldier’s face, Z turned to Flash.

“Commander Sentry, catch!”

“WHAT?!

Z threw the enormous pony to Flash who fell under his subordinate’s weight.

Another of the soldiers jumped to Dolly and tried to pierce her with his sword, but the edge only bounced on the spandex.
But it wasn’t over, the pony felt something like a snake wrapping around his legs. He looked down, it was the scarf of Dolly.

“Huh?”

The scarf began to tighten around the soldier’s legs completely immobilizing him and then it somehow electrocuted him until the poor soldier fainted.
Another guard ran and managed to put the cuffs around Dolly’s forelegs, but she easily broke them with a single move and slowly walked to the one who dared to put on the cuffs on her.

“Bonsoir”

“Ehem… afternoon?” he asked nervously.

Then Dolly pushed him ‘softly’ sending him to a wall cracking it.

At this point the soldier who fell on Flash recovered and tried to tackle Dolly, but the scarf reacted to this and wrapped around his legs as well; then it raised him from the ground with ease and put him right in front of Dolly.

“Nice try mon ami. Now this will only hurt a lot”

The scarf dislocated his ankles.

“AAAAAAARGH!”

Flash recovered and saw how his soldiers were being beaten one by one, but he would never surrender. He extended his wings and charged against Mr. Z when suddenly a metallic claw of the size of a pony came out of nowhere and immobilized him.

“Wait, what?”

He tried to struggle but it was useless.

“No, NO!”

Flash looked down.
The claw belonged to a black-colored anthropomorphic metallic structure with a giant Z on its chest painted in purple.

“WHAT THE HAY IS THIS?” Shouted Flash struggling with the giant claw.

Z shrugged.

“Sorry pal, he’s too strong for you”

“WHAT IS THIS?” Asked Flash again.

“A Z-Bot. Z-Bots are my soldiers and servants; I brought them to help me carry the loot but they also defend me if I need to”

Dolly looked at her friend confusedly.

“Z-what-now?”

“Bot, the abbreviation of Robot”

She sighed patiently.

“Are you stupid or what? We live in a pseudo-medieval society, the concept of robotics haven’t being invented yet”

Z shrugged.

“Come on! Is less complicated than say: golems-made-of-metal-that-work-with-electricity-instead-of-magic”

Dolly made a face-hoof.

“You win, Z-Bots suits them well”

Z nodded and at his sign, more of the Z-Bots came through the door towering over the terrified royal guards.

“Okay guy this is your situation: my soldiers are made of steel that is strong; you are made of flesh and blood, not so strong. You don’t need to be a genius like me to know how is this going to end”

The terrified Guards dropped their weapons. Z nodded pleased and at his sign, the Z-Bots took the two villains in their metallic claws and began to fly away. Mr. Z turned to the robot holding Flash.

“Release him”

The robot let Flash go.

“You’ll pay for this!” Threatened the Pegasus.

“I don’t think so Commander Sentry. As the first rule of the Code of the Villains says: the bad guys win and the good guys lose. And that’s the most important rule”

Dolly agreed.

“That’s basically the only rule. The others are made to make sure the accomplishment of that rule”

And all the soldiers could do was seeing the two villains escaping. They didn’t had their loot but that didn’t matter, being evil was its own reward; that was the main difference between a true villain and an idiot with a hunger of power who would eventually fall.

City of Ponyville:

The sun was hiding behind the Castle of Friendship, giving it a beautiful look, and right at that time, a young unicorn colt entered happily. It was a graceful kid with no older than ten years with lavender fur as his mother and a cobalt-blue mane like his father; but he had a pink gracious pink strip in the middle of it, again like his mother. And his Cutie Mark was (for nopony’s surprise) a pink star over a gear.
His name was Prince Bright Spark, son of Twilight Sparkle.

“Mom, I’m home! Mom?”

Princess Twilight was sitting on the Livingroom checking on some documents.

“It’s late mister, where have you been?”

“At Rarity’s playing with Lumi” explained Bright Spark innocently.

Twilight sighed and hugged her son.

“I thought so. But next time try get home a little earlier, okay?”

“Sorry mom, I think I got carried away”

Twilight just smiled, to be honest she wasn’t really upset, nope; only playing her role as a mother.

“It’s okay. At least you already did your homework, right?”

Bright proudly presented his notebooks.

“Yes mom. Do you want to check it?”

“It’s okay, I know you made it perfectly” said Twilight satisfied.

Twilight was really proud of her son, he was brilliant and never made mistake when doing homework, not only that; he also was very skilled in average and combat magic; and hoof-to-hoof combat (that one taught by his father). He was only ten years but the most renowned academies were behind him, especially the exclusive School for Gifted Unicorns of Princess Celestia from Twilight graduated. Yeah, Twilight couldn’t be happier with her son.

“Anyway, I’m glad you’re here, now if you excuse me I’ll back at my study. Just remember to dust the Livingroom before dinner”

“Sure mom, I’ll just leave my stuff in my room!”

Twilight nodded sure that her son would do a perfect work as always and after kissing his forehead; she went upstairs. Bright waited until he heard the sound of door of his mother’s study closing and then he walked to his room.

Once he was inside, he took what seemed like a briefcase from under his bed and activated it. The briefcase unfolded revealing one Z-Bot like the ones from the bank; but smaller, this one was about Celestia’s height.

“What are you waiting for? Go dust the Livingroom, you know how she likes it”

The machine emitted a series of ‘bip’ sounds in response to its creator and left the room. Bright was calmed, he knew that his mother wouldn’t leave her study under any circumstance until dinner, also his father was still working at Canterlot; there was no danger that his robot would be discover.
Then he walked to his desk and began to work in some diagrams for what it looked like a powerful and dangerous weapon. He made some modifications to the design, examined it for a moment and then he just ripped of the piece of paper and started all over again.

“No, no, no, I want to incapacitate alicorns; not fry them entirely! Damn it, how can I make this thing less lethal?”

He sighed and took a glance on his ‘diary’ looking for inspiration. The old notebook had the word DIARY written on the cover and that was more than enough to convince Twilight not to take a look, but if she did; she would petrified seeing all the early diagrams for weapons, robots, assault vehicles and the other monstrosities Bright Spark had built since the age of six. But most important the diary had the first version of the Code of the Villains wrote on the back of bubble gum wrappings.

He sighed and continued working on his new weapon, but then his mother interrupted him by calling him to dinner.

“Bright, dinner is ready!”

He sighed and walked to the kitchen, as always with a furious appetite.

“I’m here mom!” Said Bright Spark.

“Okay, let’s talk now” said Twilight serving her son a bowl of hot soup. “How was school?”

“The same old story: the teacher congratulated me for my math exam and…”

They chatted happily about the day, when finally the colt looked at the clock.

“Eight thirty. Do you think daddy would be back before my bedtime?”

“No darling, if he haven’t arrived yet, that means he’ll take the eleven o’clock train. Sorry, but you can give him a big hug tomorrow morning, you know that’s his favorite way to start a day”

There was not much to say, after thanking his mother for the meal and do the dishes, Bright went to take a bath and read something like before bed. The perfect closing for a day of villainies.

Author's Note:

Hi there! So this is the first chapter of the Code of the Villains, a funny light-hearted story to alternate with Spike's custody. I hope you liked the comic-like set-up and as always:

Read ya' later!