• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 2,045 Views, 81 Comments

The Code of the Villains - Kaliann25



Bright Spark son of Twilight Sparkle is a genius like his mother. But unlike Twilight, Bright is an evil genius. His goal? To become the greatest villain in the world.

  • ...
7
 81
 2,045

Rule # 2

Rule # 2:
Consequences are your worst enemy, avoid them at all cost

The alarm clock Bright Spark used to wake up was really unusual, since he used to sleep really late because all of his reading and weapon design, it was always a battle to wake up in the mornings; so his brilliant solution was to install a mechanism under his bed that every day at seven literally catapulted him out of the bed straight to a window. But it was okay, the curtains were made of the same material of his suit so he always ended up unharmed and ready for the day.

Once he was completely awake, he used his magic to do his bed and then walked to his bathroom to spill some water on his face and brush his mane and tail to finally go downstairs.
He entered to the dining room and froze at seeing the Pegasus who was calmly reading the paper and eating a plate of oatmeal and fruits.

“Dad!” Said Bright running to hug Flash Sentry.

The soldier smiled and hugged his son, who happily sat aside him.

“And how was your shift dad? Did they assigned you the same boring patrols around the castle?”

“Bright, I would appreciate we don’t talk about work, I had a very difficult day so tell me, what happened here? I hope your mother haven’t cause you too many headaches”

Twilight, who precisely was entering to the dining room, sent a cold glare to Flash but the stallion just answered with a playful smile.

“You know I’m kidding honey”

Twilight smiled too.

“I know Flash, I’m just playing with you. Anyway, how was work?”

Flash groaned.

“You don’t want to know”

“Flash…”

“Fine, everything went fine until I was assigned to stop a couple of fuc… uf! Sorry Twi, I know I have to control my mouth in front of our son. Is just that I underestimated my opponents”

Twilight seemed worried.

“Oh Flash! Do you think you need me and my friends need to intervene?”

“Not for the moment, they just took me out of guard; let’s just change the subject. Hey Bright, have you trained your personal defense while I was out?”

“Of course dad! Healthy mind in healthy body!” Assured the colt.

“Good, today after school I’ll see. If you skipped a single day of practice you know I’ll now!”

“Don’t worry dad, I’m always ready” assured Bright Spark finishing his breakfast. “Now if you excuse me, I have to go to school”

The two parents looked proud how their adorable colt walked calmly. Bright was in a very good mood and more than ready for another day at school, when suddenly three older kids stopped him: they were Pund Cake, a cream-coated Pegasus with brown mane, Tootsie Floute, a purplish blue unicorn with navy blue mane and the third one was a unicorn Bright didn’t know his name but have seen it a couple of times.

“Hi nerd, do you have our homework?” Asked Pound.

Bright nodded and took some notebooks from his saddlebag.

“Do you have the money?”

Tootsie passed him a bag of bits with her magic and after Bright counted it, he gave them the homework they asked for, but the third unicorn just grinned to the kid.

“And why should we pay you for do our homework, squirt?”

Bright smiled ironically.

“You’re new here, right?”

Pound Cake gulped and quickly ran to stand between his new friend and Bright Spark seeming really worried. He even took two more bits from his wallet and offered them to Bright in an attempt to calm him down.

“Please Bright, don’t get mad! Bowling Master is new, he still doesn’t know how things work here. We’ll explain it to him, just don’t hurt him, he doesn’t know you yet”

Bright returned the extra bits to Pound.

“As you wish, but next time he tries to bother me, you two better stay behind. I’m not kidding”

“Of course Bright!” Said Pound and Tootsie at the unison.

So the kid walked with a dangerous smile on his face while the others scolded Bowling Master.

“You idiot! Nopony messes with Prince Bright Spark!”

“But he’s just a kid!”

“Yes, and believe me, me and Pound met the mistake to provoke him once… we ended up in urgencies and that was when he was only seven!”

“But…”

“Okay go on, mess with him. You’ll make his day”

Bowling looked doubtful at the young colt walking away, was this serious?
By his way certain ten-year-old filly with light blue (almost white) fur, and blond mane and tail joined Bright Spark.

“Intimidating older kids as usual?” Asked Luminositè, daughter of Rarity

“And making profit. Wanna go for ice-cream after school? Those morons pay!”

“Maybe tomorrow. In fact I was about to ask you if you can go to my house, there’s something I need to show you in my toy-house. I hate to admit it but I need your help”

“Need more capital?”

“No, we still have a lot of money even if our last robbery was a failure, what I need is some technical advice”

Bright raised an eyebrow, he and Lumi were equally gifted, so it was rare when they asked each other for help, but he just nodded happily. Bright lived for challenges and nothing was more challenging to adapt his style to Lumi’s machines that were completely different from his. Bright preferred to build big dangerous weapons, but Lumi centered her attention in smaller and more practical devices; still they worked just fine together and knew that they could count on each other if they had difficulties.

They walked to school.
The school of Ponyivlle had grown a lot during the years, from a solitary house on the top of a hill it became a formal building properly divided in preschool, elementary school and high school. Bright and Lumi had a lot of friends, apparently, but truth being told they were just true friends between each other since the rest of the ponies were kind of afraid of them. They all knew all-too-well that anypony who messed with the Prince or his best friend would pay the consequences.

Anyway, at the end it was a pretty normal day and when school was over, Lumi and Bright headed to Carousel Boutique where Rarity received them with a quick ‘hi’ and said Lumi that lunch would be ready soon but right now she had to concentrate in finishing a dress. Lumi nodded and guided Bright to the backyard where her toy-house was waiting.

They both got in and put their eyes on the plastic stove where a light came and placed on their eyes followed by a mechanical voice:

—Retinal identification complete. Welcome Dolly, Mr. Z —

Then the door moved as it turned to be an elevator and finally both of them walked into their underground headquarters/laboratory.

“Well?” Asked Bright Spark.

Luminositè showed him a yard of fabric in a stretcher.

“Choose your weapon”

Bright obeyed and took the first weapon he had at hoof: a plasma-canon. He shot at full potency but the fabric wasn’t affected.

“Now try liquid nitrogen”

Bright obeyed, but again nothing; then he went a step further and shot whit his freezing gun. Still nothing.

“Impressive. Does it have anything to do with your mom’s project?”

“Yes, mère is trying to invent an especial kind of fabric that automatically repels dust and humidity; and since she let me borrow her failed attempts I was able to create this: it can take temperatures between 300,000 and minus 300,000 degrees without affecting the user; take shocks up to 300,000 volts; impact and cut-proof, and of course repells dust and humidity”

“Impressive as always. And very consistent” admitted Bright Spark.

“The only thing I cannot repel as good as I wish to is pure magic”

“Then let’s keep the other Weapon-niforms”

“And if we have to fight something more powerful than an alicorn, huh? Besides this new fabric is more elastic and adapts better to the exoskeletons you created; if we use this we can add more gadgets to our suits”

Bright smiled please, that sounded just great.
The Weapon-niforms were one of the few creations they made as a team: an exoskeleton on the inside that helped them to pretend to be adults that also provided them with super-strength and increased agility, covered in the Nano-technology-fabric Lumi created them made them practically invulnerable to everything.
And all because of the second rule of the Code of the Villains: they should avoid consequences at all cost.

“And what seems to be the problem?” Asked Bright

“In order to give them the magic resistance I want I have to use a bigger power-source, but the point of my Nano-machines is that they’re less than a millimeter long”

“I see. I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime I’ll go home, dad is back from Canterlot and I want to spend as much time as I can with him”

“Have fun!”

And Bright went back home, when Rarity asked him if he would stay for lunch Bright excused himself saying he came only because he forgot something last day so Rarity didn’t ask more and said good bye. A villain always had to have an excuse ready; that was vital for the accomplishment of the second rule. Also that’s why they created the characters of Z and Dolly, to have them to take all the blame of their actions and they could go with their lives without a punishment.

“Bright, I was waiting for you!” Greeted Flash Sentry when the colt walked into the Castle.

“I’m ready dad!” Exclaimed Bright.

They two began a quick training before lunch, it was one of Bright’s favorite things to do: to spend time with his father. Besides Flash didn’t want his son to become a spoiled Prince who couldn’t defend himself as Blue Blood, and Bright agreed with him even if he would prefer to add a weapon or two in the training. However he always had a great time with his father and that was the most important.

“Okay, you seem you have trained but not as hard as you should my son”

“It’s difficult to train all by myself dad!”

Flash nodded understandably.

“I know, that’s why I want you to join me at Canterlot during vacation so you can train with me, what do you think? We’ll train properly every day and your godmother will be more than happy to have you”

“It sounds great, I don’t think mom would mind!”

“Uf, and speaking of your mother, she says she wants you to do the admission exams to the Academy for Gifted Unicorns”

“I know” complained Bright. “But I don’t want to, I don’t like study magic, I want to learn about science!”

“I know Bright, but you know your mother, she wants the best for you… or what she thinks is best”

Bright Spark just sighed. Flash stroke his son’s mane and winked an eye.

“But hey, if you don’t want to it’s okay. All you have to do is fail the test, in that school they don’t give second chances”

Bright’s eyes enlightened with joy. Of course, fail!
That’s why he loved his father that much, because he always went straight to the point, unlike Twilight or himself who complicated themselves overthinking things. He preferred a simpler approach to the things in life and almost always find the right answer.

“Lunch is ready!” Suddenly called Twilight.

And father and son walked to the Palace, it was a good afternoon.

Author's Note:

So we have an approach to Bright’s and Lumi’s personalities. They’re kind of weird but still I loved working with these characters in the original. I hope you liked it and as always:

Read ya’ later!!