• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 2,045 Views, 81 Comments

The Code of the Villains - Kaliann25



Bright Spark son of Twilight Sparkle is a genius like his mother. But unlike Twilight, Bright is an evil genius. His goal? To become the greatest villain in the world.

  • ...
7
 81
 2,045

Rule # 17

Rule # 5:
A villain knows when is enough evilness

“Luminositè, I know I told you that you can explain me wherever you feel more comfortable, but you know that I don’t fit in your toy house” said Rarity when her daughter insisted in told her the story inside the toy house.

It was big en6ough to allow three foals to be perfectly comfortable inside, but an adult had to bend down in a very uncomfortable position in order to fit in.
But Luminositè insisted and got into the toy house and began to work the plastic stove to deactivate Bright’s security system and allowing Rarity to enter the lair.

“In a minute mère, I promise everything will be clear soon. Now come on in, I know you’ll get a little uncomfortable but it won’t be long. Please?”

Rarity sighed and entered inside the toy house sitting uncomfortably as her daughter opened one of the plastic cabinets of the kitchen revealing a control console that seemed like it came from a sci-fi comic; where the girl had no choice but use the manual control of the elevator. Doors and windows soon covered with some kind of hyper-resistant plastic and the floor began to descend much to Rarity’s impression who began to hyperventilate of claustrophobia but then it stopped in front of a steel door that lead to an underground passage decorated with several bookshelves, a couple of flowerpots and even a mini zen garden.

“Welcome to our lab mère, please follow me”

Rarity obeyed, and was taken to a large room divided in two: in a side there was a white board with highly complicated calculations and big scary half-built metallic structures and a messy desk.
And in the other side, Rarity saw a neat desk with pink paper sheets carefully placed in a corner, and the opposite one several numbers of the fashion magazines Rarity used to buy, a full equipped work table: sewing machine, threads of all colors, a mannequin that Rarity swore she threw away long time ago; serving as a model of a light metallic structure that adapted perfectly to the plastic body. But what really caught Rarity’s attention were the display cabinets full of clothing made with the strange black fabric the villains used. Without thinking, Rarity touched it, again it felt ten times softer than silk.

“What is this place? Since when is here?” Asked Rarity.

“As I said, this is our lab. Z and I built it around three years ago and we’ve been extending it with time; but don’t worry, is six meters underground so we don’t disturb anypony”

“Lumi, why are you helping Z? He’s a very dangerous pony!” Said Rarity.

“Not as dangerous as me, mère. Remember when you adopted me? The bad things”

Rarity nodded sadly.

“Your biological parents had beaten you so many times that almost all of your bones were broken. I took months to be able to approach to you without you crying in fear or trying to bite me, or attack me with your magic. Why are you asking me this?”

Lumi sighed thoughtful.

“Because what they did to me changed me forever, they broke my bones to the point to breaking me from inside. There’s a monster inside me, lots of times I only think in hurting others, that’s all I care about. But this is no new, remember when I used to torture insects and then small animals? Fluttershy found me several times and used her Stare against moi, but I never cared”

“I remember when she told me” said Rarity holding back her tears. “But I thought your sessions doctor Caring Heart had took care about that”

“Non, what really helped me was that I found somepony as broken as me. Mes parents broke my bones over and over turning me into what I am now, but he has that je ne sais pas from birth”

“Lumi…”

“When I first met Z, I thought he was nothing but an annoying materner enfant, but in his words, he wouldn’t let me alone until I accepted him as a friend. One day he saw me torturing a lizard, but instead of freaking out like most of the ponies, he said I was intéressant for him, and wanted to help me to do as I pleased without getting caught. No more scoldings, no more limitations”

Rarity couldn’t believe what her daughter was telling her, Luminisitè was openly admitting she was some kind of sociopath.

“Z taught me to pretend normality; and one day after he had a fight with his mom, I found him very concentrated writing the Code of the Villains, the perfect guide to be evil without having any consequence. I helped him adding a few rules on my own, and he was so excited with my cooperation that showed me what he could really do”

“What do you mean?”

“He had created some kind of metallic servants to do his chores for him, and told me that with his gift he could build anything so he could become the perfect villain”

Rarity scratched her head.

“Okay, so you’re telling me this kid built those so-called servants without his parents realizing? Who would be so stupid to not to realize?” Asked Rarity.

“Then I found out that I was gifted and him and could also build things, so I created my own metallic servants. Sinc then, I haven’t moved a hoof to do any chore at home” continued Lumi.

Rarity froze in shock and Lumi giggled happily.

“Dollies!”

The tiny machines ran to her creator and Lumi took one on her hoof and presented it to her mother.

“You always ask how I can clean so well, truth be told is not me. They are”

“Impossible! Made of metal you say?”

“They’re just covered with my especial fabric but yeah, they’re made of metal. Steel to be more precise” explained Lumi proudly.

“Can I look?”

“Go ahead mère”

Rarity then used her magic to try to remove the fabric and look what was inside, but she couldn’t.

“Mère, my fabric repels magic. You have to do it by hoof”

Rarity raised an eyebrow but obeyed, revealing the metallic skeleton.

“Unbelievable, you did this without help?”

Luminositè nodded.

“I specialize in mNano-technology. Tiny and functional machines. In fact…”

The girl simply walked to her desk and opened one of the drawers, taking a small box that contained what it seemed like metal shaving.

“This is mon greatest creation, the Nano-machines. Of the size of a speck, this things are the secret behind our suit’s power. I reused the fabric you created for the Mare-Do-Well costumes and adapted it by adding the Nano-machines”

“Amazing!” Said Rarity. “But Lumi, do you realize that with your talent you can change the industry of fashion forever?”

“Not only the fashion industry; the application of my creations are merely military. Imagine a future where Equestrian soldiers wear suits made with this fabric instead of an armor. Not only they’ll have more mobility but also they’ll be more protected”

Rarity nodded looking the fabric in awe, then she turned to the mannequin that was covered with metallic structure.

“What about this thing?” Asked Rarity. “This doesn’t seem too fashionable”

“Monseur Z and I have created a few things together, like our suits. The fabric I made proved us with our invulnerability, and Z’s endoskeleton provide us the right power source to my Nano-machines and also gave us our super strength, enhanced agility and all the gadgets we use in battle”

Rarity gasped.

“Unbelievable, and to think that two kids were able to make all this. Who else knows about this?”

“Only Suri Polomare”

“WHAT? BUT SHE’S MY WORST ENEMY!”

Lumi dedicated a twisted smile to her mother, a smile that made her shiver.

“Dernièrement haven’t’ bothered you anymore, right mère? I used on her the early versions of the weapons I use as Le Puppè, and since then I just have to approach to make her shake in fear. Oh, and there’s also the Hearts Warming Tree who warned Z about his unware madness, but nothing else”

Rarity didn’t know what to think of this, so she just sat on a chair her daughter offered and the dollies gave her a cup of tea (that kind off helped her to calm down). Then the white unicorn looked at Lumi as it was the first time, but also she saw the same little girl who she fought to gain her affection and now Lumi was asking her for help. Yes, Lumi needed her, but Rarity didn’t understood to what exactly.

“Why did you brought me here, Luminositè?”

Lumi made a small and elegant sigh and then took a remote control from her desk. The floor trembled as a flat screen emerged from it; Lumi then pressed another button showing their battle with Tirek. First Starlight and Sun Burst guiding the kids to hide in Celestia and Luna’s old Castle, then the rag dolls entering and releasing the sleeping gas sending everypony to sleep except for Lumi and Bright Spark (Rarity raised an eyebrow at this, she had already figured out Z’s true identity, but this confirmed it) and finally the two kids putting on their suits. Rarity was especially amazed of seeing how two full bodysuits complete with the endoskeleton and two layers of fabric emerged from a couple of cufflinks and a mask.

“Unbelievable, but Luminositè, how could you be so irresponsible? You two could get killed!”

“Keep watching mère”

Rarity obeyed worried. She knew that Tirek was defeated already and fully aware that her daughter wasn’t harmed, but still she remembered when she faced Tirek back when she was young and remembered it as one of the most frightening experiences of her life. However as Rarity watched, she was soon enough convinced that the kids were never in danger.

“Unbelievable, and what are those things you used to move to Canterlot?”

“Vehicles. Bright built them”

“And what about this magic mirror? Did he built it as well”

“Non, this one was mine and isn’t magic. All our equipment works with electricity, never with magic”

Rarity nodded and continued watching.
During the fight it was obvious not only that the kids had the advantage from the very beginning but also that they were just torturing Tirek for fun, like when they forced him to punch himself over and over and finally to break his own horns. Painful to watch.

“This is what worries me, mère” said Lumi pausing the scene where she forced Tirek to break his horns. “I didn’t do it to avenge you, non to protect Equestria neither to save anypony. I did it because I wanted to make him suffer. I knew what I was capable of and I wanted to torture him, I really did. That’s why I called you mère, the need to hurt is still there, but now that I developed mon capacitès to this level I’m much more dangerous than before. I want to stop mère, but my madness tells me how fun it is and I can’t just quit!”

Rarity just hugged her daughter.

“Good lord, why?”

“I told you, I wanted to”

“I don’t meant that, I meant, why didn’t you came to me earlier Luminositè?”

“I didn’t knew how powerful my need was. Not at that time, I just wanted to keep playing villain with mon best friend; but then, our evilness got out of control!”

“Lumi, this isn’t evilness, it’s madness. Sorry but it’s the truth”

“I know mère. I admit I’m broken inside and I need your help mère. Don’t let me turn into a complete monster”

“I promise I won’t. But now I would like to have a talk with your friend before I go talk to Twilight. Do you think he would hurt me?”

“Bright? Non, he’s a genius and mon meilleur ami but he’s still a materner enfant. He would probably shout me to reveal our secret but nothing else. And if he tries to hurt you, I’ll protect you. But don’t worry, in the bottom he’s just a kid too afraid to get punished by his mom”

“I cannot believe such a dumb kid is also one of the greatest geniuses in the world”

“He’s pretty smart, that’s why his actions have no consequences, so he would never grow up. And I know mon actions haven’t had consequences neither but I grew up at the moment they broke me inside”

Rarity cried softly and hugged her daughter.

“Please don’t say you’re broken my dear. I'm begging you!”

The two of them stayed like that for a while until Rarity final broke the embrace.

“So what now mère?”

“Like I said, I would like to have a talk with Bright. But in the meantime, why about a cup of tea for me and cocoa for you and you tell me all about your super fabrics?”

“So you won’t ask me to stay away from Bright?”

“No, he helped you on his time, now it’s time for you to help him. I don’t know how far he can go, but you do; and must stop him for his own sake. He needs to open his eyes, would you do me the favor to convince him to talk to me?”

“I'll do anlything for you, mère. For you and that moron"

Author's Note:

This chapter was especially difficult to work with, especially for Lumi’s characterization, but I hope I could portrait a proper sociopath who realizes her condition. So next chapter will be more humorous, I promise and in the meantime:

Read ya’ later!!