• Published 21st Sep 2017
  • 943 Views, 14 Comments

Under Crimson Sails - Priceless911



Captain Crimson Sail is a noble who chose a life of piracy to hunt down anouther priate for the muder of his father. After 20 years of searching all clues points to a deceptive mare that may hold the key to finding and killing Captain Iron Hoof.

  • ...
2
 14
 943

Ch9 The Titan and His Subjects

The Bloody Tide continued slowly as it made its way through the burning remains of what was once a fleet of ships. As they continued, the entire crew looked at the destruction in awe as Pinpoint looked at Captain Sail and spoke, “They went down in a gaggle, they were ambushed and were sunk in the confusion… what do you think captain?”
Captain Sail shook his head, “Dead colts tell no tales, whatever it was that happened here, happened recently.”
Siren stepped onto the deck with the officers as she spoke, “It’s Iron Hoof… it has to be.”
Captain Sail nodded, “It’s possible… perhaps time has come for your first lesson lass. A captain must know his or her crew and their skills. For example.” He looked down to the lower deck as he called, “Mr. Keg? What do you make of this?”

Already observing the wreckage from the starboard railing he replied, “Not much here to make of it capt’n… they were attacked from the west, first with chain and solid shot to slow them down, then up close from what looks to be Greek fire.”
Siren gave him a surprised expression as Captain Sail replied, “Greek fire?”
Powder Keg nodded, “Aye, it’s a special fuel that burns hotter when wet. Seems the attacker showed no mercy with this lot. Burned the ships, their crew, and cargo.”
Siren immediately spoke up, “Greek fire?... are you sure? I mean are you absolutely curtain that this is what he used?”
Powder Keg gave her a hopeless look as Captain Sail replied, “Mr. Keg is the world’s most accurate weapons expert. Nothin’ gets by his keen eye.” He looked back at Powder Keg, “Anythin’ else?”
Powder Keg nodded, “Aye, small holes in the timber next to the bodies… seems the survivors were taken down by musket fire.”

Pinpoint called in response to his theory, “Could have been grapeshot?”
Powder Keg nodded, “Nah grape would have left the holes clustered together. These are individual, so the shooters were skilled if anythin’. They made sure there were none to te-”
“STALLION OVERBOARD!!! SURVIVOR ON THE PORT SIDE!!!”
Hearing the call, everypony aboard the Bloody Tide rushed to the port side and looked over the railings as Captain Sail, Pinpoint, and Siren trotted down to the main deck and looked with the rest of the crew. Down below was a small longboat that had a charred pony-like creature laying on one side as the flames from the Greek fire engulfed the rest. Too weak to stand the wounded creature looked up at the crew as he spoke, “Help… me…”
Seeing the sailor in trouble Siren called, “Ready a boat! We need to go d-“
“Wait…”

Listening to the captain’s order, Siren watched as the spreading flames quickly spread over the rest of the boat as they spread over the survivor’s body as the burning creature started screaming in pain, “AHHH… H-HELP!! HELP ME PLEASE! AHHH!”
Finding it hard to listen to his plea, Siren and most of the crew looked away as Captain Sail sighed, “Pity… Mr Keg…”
Powder Keg nodded, “Aye capt’n.”
With the screams echoing through the area, Powder Keg raised his musket, took aim, and fired as the load echoing gunshot silenced the screams as the only thing heard afterwards was the crackling of the burning wreckage around them.

Disappointed that nothing could be done, Captain Sail spoke, “Another lesson lass… there is no point wasting resources for those that can’t be saved. If we tried he would have died anyways and told us nothing we already didn’t know. That is all we could have done for him.” He looked at Pinpoint, “Mr. Point? How far are we from the Leviathan seas?”
Pinpoint replied, “We should be on the border now.”
Captain Sail nodded as he started up the stairs, “Then it shouldn’t be long…” once he was on the top deck he called, “All hooves navigate us out of this burnin’ graveyard and continue with caution. If the stories are true, then we should be runnin’ into our titan soon.”
As the crew started navigating out of the wreckage Siren watched the last of the burning ships pass as she mumbled to herself, “Their colors… those ships were from Home… but… why did he destroy ships from Home?... and an entire fleet? What is he doing?”

Slightly hearing her words, Pinpoint spoke, “Iron Hoof is a pirate… Though we all live for freedom, we are still treasure hunters. Seeking out a small fleet of nine schooners isn’t much of a treasure, but it’s still pray, and as we all know. No pray, no pay.”
Feeling a little nervous that her comment was heard she replied, “Aye… but there should be a sense of pride that goes with it, not to mention ya cant salvage a ship burned by Greek fire so there is no pay in this. He’s just… not doing what he is meant to do.”
Pinpoint felt suspicious about the way she replied to his comment, but before he could reply Captain Sail called, “Mr. Keg, back in the crow’s nest. Call out anything you see. Mr Point, Siren… up here, we need to plan for our encounter.”

Doing as they were told, Powder Keg climbed up to the crow’s nest as Pinpoint and Siren trotted to the top deck and met Captain Sail next to the helm. As they stood together Captain Sail spoke, “Okay Mr. Point, what will we expect to see once we are in those waters?”
Pinpoint pulled out a sea chart and unrolled it on a barrel as he replied, “Once we are in the seas we should come across two islands. The First is called Home while the other is nameless.”
Siren was surprised, “Wh- These are sea charts for the Leviathan seas with Home marked on them… but h-how did you get these?”
Before Pinpoint could reply, Captain Sail spoke for him, “A skilled navigator has his ways…” he looked at Pinpoint, “So what is your plan on getting past the titan?”
Pinpoint nodded “That’s a good question…” he looked at Siren, “Lass?”

Both Captain Sail and Pinpoint looked at Siren as she returned their look with confusion, “What… you’re asking me?”
Captain Sail replied, “You led us here lass… I’d s’pose this means you have a plan on getting passed the Titan of the sea. You have been to this Home Isle before haven’t ya?”
Siren nodded, “Well… I have… but, it’s not enti-”
before she could finish, Powder Keg called, “Uh Capt’n? Something is happening?”
Confused Captain Sail called, “Where about Mr. Keg?”
Powder Keg replied as he looked at the water all around the ship, “Um… all around us captain.”

Concerned Captain Sail, Pinpoint and Siren trotted to the nearest railing as they looked into the water however from the upper deck of the ship, nothing seemed out of place as they looked around in confusion. Captain Sail called, “Mr. Keg? What do you see?”
From up in the crow’s nest Powder Keg could see an unusual current circling the ship as he replied, “I dono… looks like… an underwater eddy or so- wait.”
Confused, Powder Keg tried taking a closer look at the edges of the current as he saw what looked to be a fin poke through the surface. As soon as he saw it he called, “Serpent!!! Captain there is a sea serpent circling the Tide!”

Watching the water Siren spotted the fin as she called, “NO!!! It’s the Leviathan!” She called over the ship, “Don’t show any hostilities! Stay away from the cannons and don’t draw any weapons. Bring in all sails and brace yourselves! Captain, I would suggest you get to the helm, the Leviathan respects a captain who pilots his own ship.”
The Crimson pirates gave their captain a confused look as he hesitated before relaying the order, “You heard her lads! Hope to it! Bring in all sails!”
Doing as they were told, all sailors distanced themselves from the cannons and brought in the sails while Captain Sail took the helm from the helms colt. As they did this, the exposed fin soon revealed the snake like scales of the sea creature as the titan circled the ship like a predator closing off all escape for its prey. Watching the serpent like titan spiral around them the crew felt nervous as it slowly submerged into the water leaving the current surrounding the ship to slow to a stop.

As the crew watched for any actions on the water, Captain Sail spoke, “Easy lads… he may be a titan… but he ain’t a brainless beast. Or… so I’ve heard.”
As the crew waited a small moment of silence passed as tension started to rise. With nothing happening everypony on she ship watched the still water as Captain Sail mumbled, “What is this… where di-”
All of a sudden, the something powerful hit the ship underwater as the sudden shocked knocked everypony to the deck. Shortly after a tall waterspout formed directly in front of the ship as everypony aboard braced themselves to whatever they could hold onto as the wind from the spout made it difficult for them to keep calm. As they waited in anxiety it wasn’t long before the waterspout exploded outwards as the water rained onto the ship leaving a massive serpent like creature towering high above the ship as its wings opened cascading a shadow that completely covered the Bloody Tide from stem to stern.

With half of his body exposed, The Crimson pirates could only gaze in awe at the Last of the great Titans of the world, The Leviathan. The massive creature looked similar to any normal sea serpent, however as normal serpents were about two hundred feet long and resembled a snake, this one was near a thousand feet from what could be seen above water and though it did looked similar to a snake, he had a pointed beak and on its back were four massive wings that stretched out at least five hundred feet each as this great and powerful deity gazed down upon the ship that was small in his comparison. Seeing the large creature made the entire crew nervous as Captain Sail stood at the helm without showing even a hint of fear or worry. As the large titan towered over the ship’s tallest mast, the Leviathan panned his eyes over the vessels before speaking with a loud booming voice, “Who dares to sail into my waters. Who is so bold to challenge the power of the Leviathan?”
Siren approached Captain Sail as she whispered, “Tell him who you are captain… but choose your words carefully, he won’t give you a chance to explain disrespect.”
Captain Sail called to the titan, “My name is Captain Crimson Bartholomew Sail! And I do not seek to challenge a titan such as yourself! Instead I have come for another!”
Narrowing his eyes on Captain Sail, the Leviathan pondered for a second then replied, “Since you are wise not to challenges the last of the Titans, I will allow you to return home with your lives. Go now, and never return.”

The Leviathan then started to turn away to leave but before he could Captain Sail replied, “I’d like to… but I’m afraid I won’t be sailing anywhere till I get what I came for.”
The Leviathan stopped then turned back to Captain Sail as he replied, “Is that so… and what did you come for?...”
Captain Sail replied with a serious tone as if it was more a declaration then a reply, “I came to claim the head of Captain Iron Hoof.”
The Leviathan was intrigued, slowly he panned his eyes over the ship, its crew and its armaments before looking back to the captain and replying, “To claim his head?… And why do you seek Iron Hoof?”
Captain Sail replied without hesitation in his voice, “I came to get justice for an action he is responsible for.”
The large titan chuckled as he replied, “A pirate… seeking justice from a pirate… how humorous. Yet foolish, the Iron Wing is a ship of my waters and my domain. As such, it is a vessel under my protection and will not be harmed by the likes of you, or any intruders from the outside world. Your journey was in vain little pony, now go before it becomes a total failer.”

Siren stepped next to Captain Sail as she called, “If Captain Sail is unpermitted to kill Iron Hoof, then I'll do it!... As a subject to your domain, I too am under your protection and thus irrelevant to your law. After all… I am the daughter of your guardian, and it is with his death that I will claim the title and protect your treasure, as my family has done for centuries!”
Surprised everypony on the Bloody Tide looked to Siren as the Leviathan looked at her and nodded, “Yes… your words ring true and if by your hoof shall he fall. Then so be it. But this crew you bring forth… are they worthy to pass?... I will not question the judgment of my guardian, but I do wish to hear your statement on their behalf. Can they be trusted to enter my seas?...”
Siren nodded as she placed her hoof over her heart, “They can… As guardian of your treasure, I promise they will not be a threat to you, your subjects, or your domain.” With her hoof over her heart she bowed her head, “This I swear it…”

As the Leviathan looked down onto his bowing subject he nodded his head as he replied, “Very well, if you claim that I’ve nothing to fear, then I will allow them passage.” His eyes shifted to the ship’s captain, “But be warned Captain Sail, if for any reason I see your actions unjust. Then I will return and bring with me the pain and suffering that thousands have felt before you. Your ship, your bodies, your very souls will freeze and crumble at the might of the last titan.”
With that said, the Leviathan flapped its wings as it jettisoned himself onto the air as he flew over the ship and dived into the sea behind it allowing the crew to see all two thousand feet of the great titan of the sea. As the titan splashed into the sea, the splashing water solidified while in the air leaving a spikey Iceberg behind him as the great titan vanished amongst the waves.

As the Leviathan vanished amongst the waves, the crew stared at the eerie iceberg left behind as Captain Sail gave Siren a confused look as he spoke, “Guardian?”
Siren replied with a smirk, “A lady has to have her secrets captain. All will be explained once we reach Home.”
With that said Siren looked back over the ship acting as if her comment wasn’t made as Pinpoint approached Captain Sail, “Captain… might we have a word… in private?”
At that moment Powder Keg had finished climbing down from the crow’s nest as he trotted up to Captain Sail and added, “I agree captain… we should discuss something in the absence of curtain company.”
Seeing the uneasy expressions on both their faces Captain Sail nodded, “Aye… then let us retire to my quarters.” He looked over the ship, “Open the main sails and continue on course!”
The crew opened the sails and continued on their course as Captain Sail, Pinpoint and Powder Keg trotted down onto the main deck then entered the quarters that sat just below the upper deck.

As soon as the door was shut, Captain Sail trotted over to his desk as he spoke, “So… what is it you gents want to discuss?
Pinpoint spoke first, “Did you know about this captain? About the lass’s involvement with the Leviathan?”
Captain Sail shook his head as he pulled out a bottle of rum, “No… I didn’t, as of a few moments ago, I’m just as in the dark as you lot.”
As the captain pulled the cork from the bottle Powder Keg spoke, “Captain? What did she mean by, guardian?”
Captain Sail thought to himself before taking a drink, then he replied, “Apparently the lass is trusted to protect some sort of treasure for the Leviathan.”
Captain Sail passed the bottle to Powder Keg as the master gunner smiled, “A treasure guarded for a god… I’m willin’ to bet somethin’ like that could fetch a nice and shiny bit. Must be pretty valuable.”

Powder Keg took a swig as Pinpoint added, “Or dangerous… A deity has no need for treasure no matter its value. If he needs somethin’ guarded, is isn’t guarded for himself, it’s guarded from everypony else. Whatever it is, it has to be powerful, possibly as much as he.”
As Powder Keg passed the bottle to Pinpoint, Captain Sail added, “Or more so, nevertheless our goal remains unchanged. We will not pay any mind to this treasure. A titan just showed mercy to an unwelcomed vessel, none in Pirate Cove have this type of grog story to tell.”
Pinpoint took a swig then spoke, “Or none who wish to share the story anyways. We aren’t forgetting the reason I have these charts.”

As Pinpoint passed the bottle back to his captain, Captain Sail nodded as he continued, “Aye, and as senile as he seems, Teacher Ticket is the wisest pirate in all the seas. If there is a tale he refuses to tell, then there is good reason behind it. So while we are here, we abide by the Leviathan’s rules.”
Captain Sail took another swig from the rum as Powder Keg added, “That means we are abiding by the lass’s rules too.”
Captain Sail nodded as he passed the bottle to Powder Keg, “Then that’s what we’ll do. We are dealin’ with a deity after all. We can flee from Equestria’s princess since she’s a land lubber. But for us, there is no fleein’ from a Titan of the sea. Especially one who can turn the very water to ice at will.”
Powder Keg took the bottle and drank more of the rum as Pinpoint rubbed his head in irritation, “Speakin’ freely captain, I don’t like this predicament we’ve found ourselves in. She may have opened up to ya last night, but the lass is still hiding something… something important.”
Pinpoint then took the bottle and drank more as Captain Sail nodded as he replied, “Be that as it is, we still have a task at hoof. The Leviathan says that Iron Hoof is his subject… to hear anypony, deity or not, mention that they’ve seen him is a rarity in itself. We are much closer to him now than we ever were before… and I won’t lose him. We’ll play nice and bide our time till we get what we came for. Then once it’s all done, we will leave with nearly a word spoken. We came in peace, and will leave all the same. Understood?...”

Pinpoint passed the bottle back to his captain as Powder Keg asked, “And these captainin’ lessons… will they continue?”
Captain Sail nodded as he took one last swig, then replied “That is a barter between the lass and I. So you leave that between us. She will make a fine captain when this is all done, and hopefully someday a keen ally. But till then, we will play nice, agreed?”
Pinpoint and Powder Keg nodded in agreement as Captain Sail put the cork back in the bottle and placed it back in his desk, “Now then… since you’ve had your words about this spoken, lets continue with the reason we are here. Let’s find and kill our ghost, once and for all.”
The two officers stood as they both replied, “Aye aye captain.”
With that all three officers left the cabin as the two highest ranking ones trotted to the upper deck leaving Powder Keg to return to his post on the crow’s nest.

As soon as they were back on the top deck Siren asked, “Everything alright captain?”
Captain Sail smiled, “Aye, just discussing matters of the Tide. Nothing for you to worry about.”
Siren gave him a curious look, “Is… is that rum I smell on you?”
Captain Sail smiled innocently, “Rum… at this hour? I don’t know what you’re talkin’ about lass.”
Giving a skeptic look Siren held her silence as Captain Sail quickly changed the subject as he spoke, “Mr. Point? What’s our next heading?”
Pinpoint took the sea charts back out as he unrolled it and laid it across a barrel, “Well Captain, we entered the seas through here on this heading, so if we continue, we should reach Home within a few hours. If I’m readin’ them properly, we should be able to beat the dusk twilight.”
Captain Sail smiled, “Good, then let’s continued smartly. If we reach this island then we can rest on dry land before seeking out the Iron Wing.”

Siren nodded as she replied, “Alright, then we will rest at Home. We can use that time to sell the booty from yesterday’s pirate hunter fiasco.”
Pinpoint was surprised, “Sell it? Is there a town on Home?”
Siren nodded, “Aye there is.” She pointed at the island on the charts, “Home is a simple isle, in the center is a large mountain surrounded by thick jungles and a temple on its peak. But on this side of the isle, there is a port and a small town, filled with everything a pirate and his crew needs, markets, shipwrights, and of course a pub and tavern.”
Captain Sail smiled, “You seem to know a lot about this town… This wouldn’t happen to be where you hail from is it?”
Siren replied with an annoyed tone, “As if it’s any of your business, it is.”
Pinpoint asked, “What’s the name of the town?”
Siren hesitated before replying, “… Home…”
Captain Sail and Pinpoint looked at each other before looking back at Siren as Captain Sail replied, “Not a very creative bunch are ya?”
Siren replied with a smug tone, “This from a captain who’s name basically scream uncreative?”
Captain Sail thought to himself, “… Touché.”

Hours later, the Bloody Tide continued on its course as Powder Keg called from the crow’s nest, “Land Ho! Two isles off the port bow!”
As soon as this was heard Captain Sail and Siren looked in the direction that Powder Keg called as Pinpoint pulled out a spyglass and looked in the direction, “I see it captain… large island comin’ up soon… looks like there is a second about a mile further. That one must be the nameless o… oh… wow would ya look at that?”
As the Bloody Tide started nearing home, Pinpoint passed the spyglass to his captain as he pointed to the island passed Home, “What do you make of this captain?”
Captain Sail looked at the other island as he saw large arcs of Ice incasing the entire island as he asked, “What in blue blazes?”
Siren replied to his confusion, “That’s the Isle of the Leviathan, nopony is allowed there, not even I. That is the sanctuary of the Titan himself. Any who step hoof there die, no matter who they are.”

Captain Sail lowered the spyglass as he replied, “Then let’s steer clear of it then. I didn’t come all this way to get eaten by a god.”
Pinpoint nodded, “Aye, let us focus on making port at Home. Whereabouts is the town lass?”
Siren replied, “Just around this peninsula once we see the town we ca…”
Before she could finish her sentence a distant booming sound echoed through the sky as she paused, “What?...”
at that moment, an explosive shell hit the water a few feet from the Bloody Tide’s bow. Then after a brief moment, the shell exploded as everypony on the Tide was knocked to the deck as the shockwave rocked the ship while throwing a large amount of water into the air as it showered onto the Bloody Tide’s deck. After the splash subsided, Everypony picked themselves back up as Captain Sail called, “They are firing on us! All hooves to station!!!”
Siren called back, “Belay that!!! Strike the colors!”

Captain Sail gave her a stern look as he replied, “With all due respect lass we don’t have time for pleasantries! We are facing an isle that has us in sight, I can’t risk m-”
“Captain please just listen to me! Home never fires its guns unless they are threatened! They obviously think we are somepony else. Strike the colors and a white flag! If they see that then they will stop, or at the very least try to make contact before sinkin’ us.”
Powder Keg called from the crow’s nest, “Order’s Capt’n?”
Seeing the serious expression on Siren’s face Captain Sail sighed in anger, “Strike the colors and a white flag! Show them we mean them no harm!”
As the crew followed orders, Siren replied, “Thank you captain… you may have just saved us all.”
Captain Sail replied in anger, “You better be right about this lass.”

Over on the island a group of Hippogriffs were reloading a cannon as the leader with her sky blue coat and grey mane stood next to them looking at the Bloody Tide. As she stood watching their target, the cannon lead called, “We missed the first shot milady, but after calculating the distance, we won’t miss again.”
The mare replied, “Good, I’m tired of this pirate scum. Sent them to the bottom of the sea where they belong.”
As the crew finished loading the cannon, the spotter stood watching their target as he called, “Priestess? You might want to take a look at this!”

The angry mare trotted to her spotter as she took the spyglass and looked to the Bloody Tide. First she focused on the colors of the Tide as she saw both the Crimson Jolly Roger and the white flag beneath it, then she looked to the helm as she saw Siren standing next to Captain Sail an she replied, “What the?...” She lowered the spyglass, “Cease fire! The guardian’s daughter is aboard that ship!”
The gun crew stopped sighting the cannon as the gunner replied, “Siren?... she’s alive?”
The mare replied, “Yea… looks like our theories were correct. Ready the port for her arrival, and notify the Queen, she’ll want to meet her at the port as well.”
With both sides of the conflict ceasing their attacks, Captain Sail and his crew were free to sail to the port that sat just on the opposite side of the island.

As the pirate vessel approached the port, the tie roped were thrown to the dock workers as the ship was pulled in to be tied to the dock. As the ship listed closer to the dock, Siren spoke, “Captain… when we go ashore it would be a good idea if you and I were to step out together, the natives know me, and if they fired on us, then something’s got them spooked. Home never fires on visiting ships… not that we get many visitors.”
Pinpoint spoke up, “Now listen here lass, who named you captain of thi-”
“Agreed…” Pinpoint looked at Captain Sail as the captain continued, “As guests to the island, it would be best to be escorted by a resident. Yet another lesson on being captain lass, never create conflict on a new land. Unless… you’re forced to.”
Rolling her eyes on the lesson, Siren replied, “Sure… but still, the hippogriffs here aren’t very trusting to unknown ponies, so it would be best to-”
“Hippogriffs?”

At that moment, before Captain Sail could add to his interruption, the gangplank fell onto the dock with a thump as everypony looked over the dock to see a large number of approaching hippogriffs on the other side. Acting casual, Captain Sail stepped onto the gangplank and trotted onto the dock, followed closely by Siren as the two pirates trotted to the group of approaching hippogriffs. As soon as the two parties met, the hippogriff priestess stood at the lead of the group as she spoke, “Siren… it’s good to see you safe and sound… and… this is?”
Captain Sail stepped forward as he replied, “Beggin’ your pardon miss, but I believe the hostess should introduce herself first. Common courtesy and whatnot…”
Siren gave Captain Sail an annoyed look as the priestess replied with an untrusting glance, “My name is Priestess Aqua… I am the leader of this island and priestess to the Leviathan temple. And… you are?”

Captain Sail bowed in a seemingly sarcastic way as he replied, “Of course, my name is Captain Crimson Bartholomew Sail at your service Miss Aqua.”
Before Aqua could reply, Siren spoke up, “Captain Sail helped me after Iron Hoof dumped me in the Equestrian Sea.”
The priestess continued with her untrustworthy glance as she replied, “Did he?... and… what does he know of Home?”
Siren shrugged her shoulders as she replied, “Not much, he knows about the Lullaby and that father is… was the guardian.”
Aqua nodded, “The Lullaby… got it… Well perhaps we can discuss more when we are al-”
“Sister!!!”

At that moment, a pregnant hippogriff with a pinkish coat and dark purple feathers stepped through the herd as she reached out and hugged Siren as Siren replied, “Y-your majesty? What are you still doing here?... and, didn’t I tell you to stop referring to me as sister?”
A number of guards arrived and stood amongst the herd as the pinkish hippogriff stopped hugging her friend and replied, “And why shouldn’t I? We practically grew up together, so as far as I’m concerned we are sisters…”
At that moment the pregnant hippogriff noticed Captain Sail as she spoke, “Oh… hello.” She looked back at her friend, “Siren… who is this charming sailor… and where can I find one?”
Siren replied, “This is Captain Sail, he and his crew of pirates brought me back from the Equestrian Sea.”
The royal mare smiled “Did he?... and a pirate? Seems that the two always attract one another. Maybe I should be a pirate.”
Siren sighed in hopelessness, “I don’t think your husband the king would appreciate that very much.”

Taking the words as a compliment Captain Sail nodded, “You humble me lass… or… did I hear right? Your majesty?”
The Mare smiled as she stood up strait, “Oh that’s right, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Queen Novo of the Hippogriff Kingdom.”
Captain Sail was a little confused, “Hippogriff Kingdom? I’ve been in those waters before, don’t recall if I’m wanted there or not but I digress, you’re a long way from home lass.”
The priestess cleared her throat, “That’s your majesty to you Mr. Sail. And don’t forget it.”
Queen Novo shook her head, “Now, now, he is right, I am fare from my kingdom so the need for formalities isn’t nessisary here. Nevertheless, I came to both visit my favorite sister and observe the treasure’s security. Though, this visit wasn’t supposed to last this long.
Captain Sail smiled, “Ah, so this treasure is a hippogriff relic?”

Feeling that the subject was bordering secret, Queen Novo replied, “Perhaps… Anyways, I was supposed to be back in my kingdom by now… but…”
Siren asked, “But?...”
Queen Novo replied with an unhappy look, “I’ve been trapped here… because of Iron Hoof.”
Siren replied “So… he’s attacking the island?”
Priestess Aqua nodded, “Yes, for the past few days now. We didn’t understand it before, but the Iron Wing has been targeting every ship that leaves the island. He’s even attacked the port a few times, but only with long range warning shots. To be honest I’m surprised you haven’t run into him?”
Captain Sail replied, “We just missed him. After he laid waste to a fleet of fishing schooners.”
The priestess sighed, “So that’s why they haven’t returned. We sent them out to gather food, but… seems they failed.”
Queen Novo sighed, “Now, things are only going to get worse.”

Siren shook her head, “No… they aren’t. My father is dead, and I aim to get Iron Hoof back for it. Eye for an eye.”
Queen Novo was surprised, “What? Your father?”
Siren nodded, “Aye… Iron Hoof killed him.”
The priestess shifted her eyes to and from Captain Sail as she nodded and spoke carefully, “This better explains things… and as much as I hate to agree. Something must be done. Siren… Your father was the guardian of this island’s treasure. So if he is truly gone, then the responsibility falls onto you.”
Siren nodded, “I understand, and I accept it.”
Queen Novo realized that Captain Sail was still there as she replied, “But for now, let us put aside our troubles and welcome our guests to the island.” She looked over the observing ship as she called, “Sail Pirates!”
Siren corrected “Crimson…”
The Queen corrected herself, “Crimson Pirates!... Welcome to Home!”

Thinking this was a good time to replay, the crew cheered, “AYE!!!”
Hearing this the Queen smiled, “Wow, a lively bunch aren’t they.”
Captain Sail took it as a compliment as he replied, “Aye they are, but you will never find a better crew on this or any sea.”
Queen Novo smiled at his comment, “Then we are in good hooves.”
Captain Sail went back to his ship to delegate guard duties as Queen Novo stepped closer to Siren as she spoke, “So… big tough pirate… how fare have you gotten with him?”
Siren sighed, “Nowhere, he only helped me get back home, so don’t read into it.”
The Queen replied, “Done read into it? I want to read ALL of it. Finally we can have an actual girl talk about boys.” She patted her pregnant belly, “Even if it’s a little late for me. So, have you kissed yet? What was it like? Is he tough and burly or does he have a gentle side to him that he only shows when you two are alone?”
Siren rolled her eyes as she replied, “Nothing is happening between us, he is only teaching me tips for being a captain.”

The Queen’s eyes lit up as she replied, “Oh… so he is one of those quid-pro-quo guys then huh?”
Siren’s face turned red, “What?... no! He… well… sorta… it’s complicated.”
The priestess gave her a sinister smile as she replied, “Not really, I was once with a stallion like that. The key is making them work for it.”
Siren replied, “He isn’t like… THAT… he’s only here to… oh forget it.”
The two hippogriffs chuckled at Siren’s expression as the priestess continued, “Nevertheless… this is a problem. With your father gone the treasure is in trouble. And this Iron Hoof… he needs to be dealt with.”
Siren nodded, “I know… but don’t worry, Captain Sail Is as anxious to kill Iron Hoof as I am.”

The priestess was concerned, “Captain Sail is hunting Iron Hoof as well?”
Siren nodded, “Aye… I don’t know why, but rumors amongst his crew say that he lost somepony to Iron Hoof too. But… from the way it sounds, it was about twenty years ago.”
The priestess was surprised, “Twenty years… so… he doesn’t know the Iron Wing’s duty then does he?”
She shook her head, “No… I hope I can keep it that way, but if my luck continues, he will.”
The queen felt a little concerned, “And… what will happen then?”
Siren sighed, “Hopefully he will be passive and accept what’s happened with a little maturity. But considering who he is… it will probably end with blood.”
The priest asked, “And… what will you do if it comes to that?”
Siren sighed as she replied with a serious tone, “My duty as guardian will always come first. I can’t guard the treasure if I’m dead now can I? If it comes to that, then I'll do what has to be done… I'll end him.”