• Published 21st Sep 2017
  • 943 Views, 14 Comments

Under Crimson Sails - Priceless911



Captain Crimson Sail is a noble who chose a life of piracy to hunt down anouther priate for the muder of his father. After 20 years of searching all clues points to a deceptive mare that may hold the key to finding and killing Captain Iron Hoof.

  • ...
2
 14
 943

Ch17 Pirates and Their Secrets

The three pirate captains sat at the bar as Captain Celaeno looked into her mug and sighed, “So… she’s gone then. The real Iron Hoof.”
Captain Sail sat in the middle of the three as he took a drink before replying, “Aye… she is, went down with her ship, as any captain should.”
Captain Hawk who was sitting on Captain Sail’s right replied with the same tone, “A lass who could tame the Crimson Ghost Hunter, Must have been quite the beauty… Shame I didn’t get to meet her.”
Captain Celaeno gave him an annoyed look as he shrugged his shoulders, “Not that I'd try anythin’, you know I’m loyal to your mother, but she should remember, I’m married, not buried.”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye, she was a fine lass, and a great captain. Shame it had to end the way it did.”
Captain Celaeno nodded as she raised her mug, “Aye, Iron hoof or not, she was a pirate for the ages, and she will be missed. Let’s not overlook her parting gift. I don’t recall that cut on your shoulder.”
Captain Sail placed his hoof on the cut left from Powder Kegs bayonet then he raised his mug as he replied, “Aye she did! One way or another she found a way to leave her mark on us all.”
Captain Hawk raised his mug as he spoke, “To Iron Hoof! A captain of the ages, and a true pirate.”

As the three captains drank to the toast, Captain Hawk finished off his rum and spoke, “One thing bugs me ‘bout that story though Sail… If Iron Hoof kept refuge in the Leviathan Sea for all those centuries… then where did he make port? Even the most dedicated sailors must make port every once and a while.”
Smiling at the secret he was keeping, Captain Sail replied, “Who knows… Since we were in a titan’s territory, we didn’t waste any time in finding the false Iron Hoof, Killing him and getting out of those waters.”
Knowing he was hiding something, Captain Celaeno decided to let him keep his secret as she went back to the previous subject, “Hard to think that we were sitting at this very bar with Iron Hoof. And I accused her of being a rookie pirate. Kinda makes me feel foolish.”

Captain Sail nodded as he smiled, “She made a fool of us all, but then again that was her best quality was it not?”
Celaeno nodded as Captain Hawk spoke next, “Nah… foolish is changing your bet on the pool three days before the Crimson Ghost hunter catches his ghost… I lost a pretty gold coin on you Sail.”
The other two captains chuckled as Captain Sail replied, “I keep tellin’ ya Hawk. Never underestimate me, and yet every time we see each other ya do. That’s why you never win our little scraps when we have ‘em.”
Captain Celaeno asked before taking a drink of her rum, “So, now that the ghost is gone, what will the ghost hunter do next?”
Captain Sail smiled as he replied, “Well… since I no longer have a crew, my next step will be to turn myself in.”
Surprised by his answer, Captain Celaeno started coughing while drinking her rum as she gasped for air before replaying in surprise, “What?... What do you mean, don’t have a crew? And turn yourself in?… are you serious?”
Captain Sail only smiled in response as Captain Celaeno looked at Pinpoint who sat on her other side as she asked, “Is he serious?”

With a depressed look on his face, Pinpoint looked into his drink as he repleid, “Aye… he fired us all this mornin’.”
Captain Celaeno looked back at Captain Sail as Captain Hawk spoke, “Are ya daft Sail? Ya know that if ya turn yourself in, you’ll hang. Your just as wanted as the lot of us, why would you even risk turnin’ yourself over to… to… who ya turnin’ yourself over to?”
Captain Sail took a drink before replying, “The Equestrian Royal guard.”
Pinpoint looked at Captain Sail in surprise, “What?... you failed to mention that part.”
Captain Sail shrugged his shoulders, “It didn’t seem important.”
Captain Celaeno spoke up, “You do that? And they will kill you. Need I remind you, your most wanted in Equestria then any kingdom in the world?”
Captain Sail shook his head, “Actually, I’m probably most wanted in the Hippogriff Kingdom, but since I'd rather not spend my days in a prison, I figured Equestria will be a much faster punishment.”
Captain Hawk was confused, “Punishment? For that Siren lass? Are ya really that torn up to just let the royal guard’s hang ya?”

Pinpoint spoke up, “Royal guards?... no… that’s if he’s lucky. The one’s he should really worry about is the Cutters.” He looked at his ex-captain, “You go back there, and the Reaper will have your head on a pike, before you even make port.”
Captain Sail nodded confidently, “Aye… although… she may still have a soft spot for me.”
The two parrots and the navigator gave him a dull look as Captain Celaeno replied, “Uh… showin’ a bit of your ego there captain?”
Pinpoint sighed, “Even in the grimiest of expectations, Captain Sail still find ways to seem as if he has a plan figured.”
Captain Sail smiled, “A good captain should always have a plan, even if he has no crew.”

Wanting answers, Pinpoint replied, “Granted… but still why go back there of all places?”
Captain Sail finished his drink as he replied, “Something the lass said still haunts me… She said that she will let me sink her to fulfill the Tides purpose. To sink the Iron Wing with Iron Hoof aboard. Both The Tide and I were sailing to see Iron Hoof dead. And now… it’s served its purpose… as have I. What reason should we sail with no goal in mind.”
Captain Hawk replied in confusion, “Reason?... we’re pirates lad, almost everythin’ we do is without reason.”
Captain Sail was givin’ a new mug of rum as he replied, “aye… but the day the Bloody Tide was commandeered was only to find Iron Hoof, now without my ghost to hunt… I ain’t got a reason to be huntin’.”
Pinpoint replied with an annoyed tone, “So… your just gonna offer to dance the hempen jig for Princess Celestia then?”
Captain Sail nodded, “I said I would make things right after Iron Hoof is dead… so… I’m a stallion of my word.

Captain Hawk thought to himself as he looked at his daughter who only nodded at him before looking back at Captain Sail and replying, “I don’t know what all this Reaper business is about, but… far be it for me to choose your course captain. Anyways, what say if this is your last night of merrymaking here on Pirate Cove, then let’s make it a night to remember. Barkeep, quit serving us the slop from the front of the storehouse and bring us some real grog!”
The bartender gave her an angry look, “I don’t know what you’re talkin’ ‘bout lass, I bring ya what I have.”
Captain Hawk replied, “Now stop being stingy and do as the lass askes! Don’t think I don’t know ‘bout the hidden stuff in the back that ya pull out every time I’m annoyin’ your customers. You know, the strong stuff that knocks me on my beak.”
Annoyed with his comment, the bartender gave him a dull look as the rest of the room roared in agreement to the parrot’s demand. Sighing in irritation, the bartender turned around as he waved his hood in dismissal, “Fine fine, but I’m doublin’ the charge. That brand o’ rum ain’t cheap ya know.”

Captain Celaeno pulled both Pinpoint and Captain Sail in so they were shoulder to shoulder as she replied, “Fine, then I’m buyin’! It ain’t right to see off a grand crew as this without a proper celebration!”
Smiling at the offer, Captain Sail forgot about his troubles as he held up his mug and replied, “Here here!”
With that the large group of pirates amped up the room as they made what was already a rowdy pub of sailors into an even more raucous gathering of pirate crews that would last long into the night. However, hours later as the pirates started to tire, the mistral’s songs started to get slower until Captain Celaeno decided to get up and sing a song herself. As she approached the mistral, she started singing the best song she knew for any female to sing, All o’ wait, for all o’ ways. At first, Captain Sail paid no mind to it since he was already engaged in a conversation with a few sailors form the Avian Pirates, but as soon as he heard clearly what was being sung, he paused. Slowly, Captain Sail looked at Captain Celaeno up on the stage singing as for a split second, her voice seemed to change from her usual voice, to Siren’s.

As the captain started imagining Siren on stage singin’ in place of Celaeno Pinpoint noticed his expression as he asked, “Um… Crimson… you okay sir?”
Captain Sail shook his head to snap himself out of it as he replied, “I’m fine… just enjoyin’ the tune is all.”
As that was said, Captain Celaeno was finishing up the last line as she smiled at the applauding audience and stepped down from the stage. As soon as she was down, she approached Captain Sail as he spoke, “Well sung Captain, truly a moving tune.”
Captain Celaeno nodded, “isn’t it always?”
At that moment Captain Sail nodded as he finished off his mug and replied, “Well… I have a rather… long day for tomorrow, so… I guess I'll go hit the tar. Captain, it was good to call you friend.”
Captain Celaeno smiled, “as is always to you Sail.”

He turned to Pinpoint and held out his hoof, “Mr. Point… or Pin, I aim to set sail tomorrow with a replacement crew so… I guess this is it. It was good havin’ you aboard for the ride Mr. Point. And, though it didn’t go as we planned, I'd think that my father would be happy you stuck with me through all this.”
Pinpoint shook his hoof as he replied, “As he would you… Captain.”
Captain Sail looked over the room as he called, “You lot!... are the biggest waste of inconsiderate, worthless, conniving, pieces of garbage to ever step onto my or anypony’s ship!!!... And givin’ the chance, I can’t think of a finer group of sailors to ever share an adventure of freedom filled sailing. I hope you drink yourselves into a coma tonight, cuz you all earned it… AIN’T THAT RIGHT LADS!?!”
With that, the entire room lit up as they all replied, this time knowing what they were replying to, “AYE!!!”

With a smile on his face, Captain Sail left the pub as he made his way down the road back to where the Bloody Tide was docked. After Captain Sail was gone, Captain Celaeno walked up to her father as she spoke, “Well, here’s hoping your message got where it was going. Did you send it?”
Captain Hawk nodded, “Aye… I did that right before the bartender pulled out the good rum. Ya think he’ll be alright?”
Captain Celaeno nodded, “of course he will. I’ve always said that I may be the greatest pirate to sail the skies, but on the sea, Captain Sail is king. If any pony can pull through this… it’s him.”
With their ex-captain gone, Powder Keg approached Pinpoint as he sat down next to him at the bar and spoke, “So… what do ya plan to do now Mr. Point? Now that we don’t sail for Capt’n Sail anymore, what’s your next action?”
Pinpoint sighed, “not sure… what about you? What’s the great gunner and sniper gonna do now that he owns the weapon that killed the fake Iron Hoof?”
Powder Keg looked at his musket as he replied, “I ain’t gonna sell it fi that’s what your insinuating.”
Captain Celaeno approached the two as she as she put her arm around Pinpoint’s shoulder and held him close, “So… Mr. Point, might I ask a question?... if you and the rest of Captain Sail’s crew are now out of the job… might I ask to hire you for a… voyage of sorts? I can’t say you won’t regret it, but it may be of interest to both you and your crew.”

The Next morning Captain Sail laid hungover in his quarters as the sun peeked over the cliffs surrounding Pirates cove as they shined through his window and onto his face. Out of reflex, the tired captain reached for his hat and put it over his face to block the sun, but just as he did he heard some noises outside as a voice called, “Carful with those supplies! We need them intact if was want a stable accord to take place! You! Off your plot and grab those riggings I want those barrels on here now! Work smartly lads, we ain’t got all day!”
Confused, Captain Sail got up from his bunk put on his hat, vest and Siren’s dagger and exited his cabin to see his entire crew prepping the ship for departure. As he looked over his working crew, he saw Pinpoint directing some sailors as he approached them and spoke, “Uh… Mr. Point? What pray-tell do you think you’re doing?”
Pinpoint didn’t look at Captain Sail as he replied, “We’re preppin’ for departure… what’s it look like?”

Captain Sail replied with an annoyed tone, “It looks like your disobeyin’ my order and are trespassin’ on my ship after I clearly fired you lot yesterday.”
Pinpoint nodded as he replied, “Aye… you fired your permanent crew… but not your temporary one.”
Captain Sail was annoyed as he sighed, “Ya got my attention… so explain.”
Pinpoint turned to his captain and sighed in a disrespectful way, “Captain… you fired us yesterday… why?”
Captain Sail replied, “Cuz what’s next is something I need to do al-“
Pinpoint interrupted, “Yea yea, alone we get that… but why DID you fire us?”
Hearing the question, most of the working crew stopped what they were doing as they looked to their captain for a reply. Seeing that he was now the center of attention, Captain Sail hesitated as Pinpoint answered, “Could it be that you, our captain fired us, your crew, because you had the full intention on turnin’ yourself in to the Equestrian royal guard. And as our captain you knew that if you turned yourself in, most likely we would be caught too and tried alongside you which would result in a mass execution of everypony on this ship… correct? So you, as our captain, fired us to keep us safe and out of harm’s way. No different from diverting us away from a storm to avoid risk to any of us. Is that right captain?”

Captain Sail gave Pinpoint a dull look as he replied, “Kinda puttin’ me on the spot here Mr. Point.”
Powder Keg trotted up as he spoke next, “and how did you plan on getting’ to Equestria Sail? In a row boat?”
Captain Sail’s annoyed expression shifted to the gunner as he immediately remembered who he was talking to as he stepped back in an intimidated way, “uh… I mean… c-capt’n.”
With his glare on his ex-gunner, Captain Sail stood silent as Pinpoint answered again, “you planed on hiring a temporary crew to go back to Equestria didn’t you… a pirate crew who probably would form a mutiny the minute they realized you were turning yourself in… and with no quartermaster or gunner on your side, that wouldn’t bode well for you would it?”
Captain Sail turned back to Pinpoint as he replied, “So… instead, you decide to mutiny first?”
Pinpoint replied as he gestured to the crew around them, “Not at all Captain, we are your new temporary crew, already paid in full by Captain Celaeno. It was her order that we deliver you to Equestria.”

Captain Sail gave him a dull look as he started to reply, “So Celaeno put ya up to this did she… Alright, then listen closely, If you are my temporary crew then you will follow this order, Get off the Bloody Ti-“
“Captain… ya know I have been your quartermaster for two decades, so ya know I'll follow any order you decide to give. Accept… that one.” Pinpoint stood up strait as he spoke with an almost demanding tone, “Say what ya want captain, but we are your crew. Temporary or permanent, we have followed you to the deepest depths of hell, almost deep enough to see a few of the traitors ya killed along the way. And if that’s where you intend to go, then we will follow ya. Iron Hoof, The Leviathan, even The Reaper, we will face your challenges by your side, or we will pull you back from them. No other options… so you can either give us an order we will follow, or I'll give the order. Either way we ain’t getting off this ship unless she is sinking beneath us.”
Captain Sail kept his annoyed expression as he looked at the rest of the crew and replied, “So this is how ya all feel then? A fool’s tactic? Declaring mutiny by stayin’ loyal?”

Though some of the crimson pirates looked nervous, they all nodded in agreement as a few of them replied with aye. Seeing this, Captain Sail sighed as he mumbled quietly, “Then a fool I be…” he spoke up, “Deepest circle of hells lads… Looks like I'll see ya there… Work smartly ya scabless buildrats! Your quartermaster gave ya an order. And unless you’re willin’ to disobey me twice in one day, ya best be gettin’ on it!”
Seeing that Captain Sail had finally seen things their way the crew smiled as they scattered to get back to work and called, “AYE!”
As the crew got back to work, Pinpoint smiled as he replied, “Good to have ya back Captain.”
Captain Sail rolled his eyes as he turned to trot away, “Yea, yea… just don’t make me regret it Mr. Point.”
Pinpoint nodded, “aye aye captain.”

As captain trotted back across the main deck he paused when one of his sailors called, “Capt’n! Visitor from ashore!”
Captain Sail looked at the gang plank as he saw Trip Ticket stepping onto the deck as the elderly unicorn smiled, “Ah so it’s true then… Captain Crimson Bartholomew Sail has returned from the leviathan sea... and in one piece no less” he looked at Captain Sail’s Cut on his shoulder and continued, “Well… sorta.” Captain Sail Smiled, “Well if it isn’t Teacher Ticket… the sailor who led us to my ghost. Though it would have been better if ya did it sooner.”
Trip Ticket started examining the Bloody Tides deck, “Funny, I didn’t figure you a believer of ghost stories.” He looked at a small scar in the deck’s planks that was made by a metal horseshoe as he spoke, “So… Ya met with iron hoof did ya?… and he was on this ship wasn’t he?”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye… She was.”

At first Trip Ticket gave him a funny look, but then he realized what the captain was talking about as he nodded, “ah I see… it was young Siren on the helm then. How is the young lass by the way? I ain’t seen her since she was a wee bonnie near knee high.”
Captain Sail replied with an unhappy tone, “Well she ain’t a wee lass anymore… and, I’m afraid she ain’t anythin’ anymore.”
Trip Ticket sighed in disappointment, “Well… that’s a shame… was it you that did her in?”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye… She was the ghost, and I the hunter. It was destined that I send her down with her ship.”
Trip Ticket nodded with a slightly disappointed tone, “Well then, at least she went down with honor. As any well-seasoned captain should”
Captain Sail continued, “Aye she did…”
The old unicorn sighed, “Shame… she was a good filly. I’d think she has grown into a fine lass in the past two decades.”

Captain Sail nodded as he sat down, “S’pose she di- … Mr. Ticket?… did you say… two decades?
Trip Ticket replied with a confused tone, “Did I say two decades?... sorry, I meant twenty years or so… Guess my mind is slippin’ a tad.”
Captain Sail replied with an untrusting tone, “Mr. Ticket, I have to ask… how did you come by that map o’ yours?”
Trip Ticket smiled as he used his cane to trot along the ships railing, “Map? I own plenty of maps laddie… though if it’s my treasure map you’re asking ‘bout… I made it meself. Out of a crayon and paper. But don’t listen to it… it lies like a dog… or a groggy duck… ducks lie don’t they? I’m guessin’ they do.”
Captain Sail continued with the same tone, “I think ya know what map I’m talking about… the one that lead me to my ghost… the same map that took us to the Leviathan Sea and what it hides.”
Without hiding it, Trip Ticket replied, “Ah yes… the map of home. Course I use thate name in the literal since, since I am from there.”
Captain Sail gave him a curious look, “You’re from Home?”
Trip ticket nodded, “Aye born and raised.”
Captain Sail thought to himself, “So then… you know all about Home.”
Hearing the distrust in his tone, Trip Ticket replied with a seemingly confused tone, “Do I?”

Seeing through the ruse, Captain Sail replied with curiosity, “If ya know all about Home then I’d think you know of Iron Hoof’s real purpose. Of the pearl he protects… and why…”
Trip Ticket looked into Pirate cove from the main deck and nodded, “Aye… Pearl, a beautiful lass with huge… wings. A hippogriff of hippogriffs if you’re into that sort of thing that is.”
At that moment Pinpoint trotted up with a smile but before he could greet his old teacher, Captain Sail replied knowing that the elderly sailors rambling was a diversion, “Aye… acordin’ to the guardian, that pearl has the magic to turn anypony or hippogriff into a seapony right… but I wonder… Could it have the ability to turn a hippogriff, to a unicorn?”

Hearing the question, Pinpoint looked at Captain Sail in curiosity as Trip Ticket smirked and replied with honesty, “Aye it can, will… and did.”
Captain Sail Continued, “You’re a hippogriff… ain’t ya?
Knowing he was found out, Trip Ticket glanced at Captain Sail out the corner of his eye, “I am…”
Captain Sail continued, “So… care to explain a bit… bout your involvement… with the Annabelle?”
Pinpoint was even more surprised now as he looked at Trip Ticket and spoke, “What?... you mean… you had something to do with it?”
Trip Ticket nodded, “aye… S’pose I did. I would guess you met me daughter then… last I heard, she was called Priestess of the temple. Goes by Aqua, as did her mother.”
Captain Sail smiled, “I'd say Mr. Point knew her a little more personally then I… but aye… we met Miss Aqua.”
Trip Ticket gave Pinpoint an untrusting look, “Did he now?...” The look lasted for a brief moment longer before the old stallion shrugged his shoulders and replied, “She’s a grown lass and can set her own course, but I s’pose she could do worse.”

Pinpoint sighed as he replied, “Granted, I’m not the best out there, but let’s stay focused… Mr. Ticket… What do you know about the Annabelle?”
Trip ticked leaned against the rail of the ship as he tapped his cane on the deck, “After me daughter was born, I left Home and came here so I could pass the word of the leviathan sea. The word of tragedy and woe the likes of which no sailor bold enough to surrender his ship and crew could ever ignore. Best to keep any fool-hearty scallywag from venturing into those waters. Though that was prior to me takin you in to teach ya all I know ‘bout navigation. But then word reached my ears about a rouge priest stealing a book from Home and trying to sell it to some land lubber in Equestria. So when Iron Hoof came to my doorstep askin for records of an Equestrian ship under a captain named Sail… I pointed him towards the Annabelle. So… it’d be safe to say… The Annabelle’s sinkin’ was more my doin’ then his.”
Captain Sail’s expression was hard to read as he replied with an almost annoyed tone, “So… the book with the maps… was that the relic aboard the Annabelle when she sank?”

Trip nodded as he replied, “Aye it was… Iron Hoof passed it to me after the Annabelle sank. Told me that it may serve a purpose in the future. So when my student came to me askin’ ‘bout the Lullaby, I figured its purpose was nye.”
Captain Sail nodded with a slightly angry tone, “So… in all this… the reason I set out on this whole voyage, and this whole mess… was you’re doin’.”
Hearing the conversation, a few of the Crimson pirates started surrounding the group as they griped their weapons in preparation for their captain’s next order. As Trip Ticket saw this, he started expecting the same order as he replied with a casual tone, “I s’pose you’re right… so… what’s next captain? now that ya know the truth… are you gonna do me in?... do you intend on takin out your revenge by blowin’ me down, just as you did the Iron Wing, Sabastian, and Siren?”

Although he was more surprised that Trip Ticket knew about all the ponies he killed in the Leviathan sea, Captain Sail thought about them all as he started to consider his options. He thought about the original Iron Hoof who he spent years hunting only to find that he wasn’t the pony he thought he was. He thought about Sebastian who was once a simple cabin boy on his father’s ship, who eventually turned coat and became the monster he was hunting. Then, he thought about Siren… After that, Captain Sail looked at Trip Ticket, who stood in front of him using his cane to hold himself up, with no stance or expression that showed he wouldn’t even attempt to defend himself. As he looked at the old unicorn, Captain Sail could only sigh as he reached into his vest and pulled out Siren’s dagger. Seeing this, the Crimson Pirates drew their weapons as Trip Ticked smiled, “so… your choice be death then is it… well it be your right.”
Captain Sail looked down at the dagger and smiled peacefully as he replied, “No… it ain’t.” He put away the dagger as he continued, “I’ve already sunk the Iron Wing, and killed Iron Hoof. So as far as I’m concerned, I’ve seen enough blood over something as petty as revenge.”

Seeing the decision, Pinpoint smiled as Trip Ticket replied, “Ya sure ‘bout that Capt’n? You ain’t gonna get any better time than now.”
Ignoring the words, Captain Sail looked around to see his crew watching the scenario as Captain Sail called, “What are you lot gawkin’ at? Sheath your weapons and get your plots back to work!!! This ain’t no day care! Ya chose to come back to my ship so I expect ya to work like it!!!”
Quickly turning back to their duties, the crew put away their weapons and went back to work as Captain Sail looked to Trip Ticket and spoke, “I appreciate your honesty Teacher Ticket, but unless you’re intending on hitchin’ a ride to Equestria, you may want to go ashore.”
Seeing that Captain Sail didn’t intend on continuing the conversation, Trip Ticket smiled as he replied, “Aye… then I should take my leave.” He gave Pinpoint a stern look, “I'll expect ya to watch your step, should you cross my daughter’s path again… aye boyo?”

Hearing the obvious threat, Pinpoint nodded, “Um… Aye Sir.”
Trip Ticket nodded as he turned towards the gangplank and replied, “Smart lad… ya always had a good head on your shoulders.” He stepped onto the gangplank as he spoke to Captain Sail, “Capt’n if the Tide should bring ya back to the Cove, s’pose you should tell me in better detail about your adventure in the Leviathan Sea.”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye I’ll hold ya to that, if you’re willin’ to buy a paint for my crew that is.”
The old sailor smiled, “I may… though forgive me if I’m a little short. I don’t get much plunder anymore.”
Captain Sail smiled, “tryin to stiff me before I even need it eh?”
Trip Ticket nodded, “Ya know now that I was once a hippogriff… but need I remind you that I am still a pirate?”
Captain Sail nodded, “Nah… then again, you still have to remind me whether your wise or just plain daft.”
The Elder pirate smiled, “What’s the difference?”

With that as his last words Trip Ticket stepped back onto the dock and started trotting back into the cove as Captain Sail smiled at the response, before speaking to Pinpoint, “Well… that was unexpected.”
Pinpoint gave him a funny look, “I know… I wasn’t expectin’ Teacher Ticket to be a Hippogriff…”
Captain Sail turned away from Pinpoint as he started trotting towards the upper deck, “Not that, I was talkin’ ‘bout his reaction to your rendezvous with his flesh and blood. I was half expecting it to be a repeat of the Ibex incident.”
Pinpoint followed his captain as he replied with a confused expression, “A repeat?... you mean you expected him to draw a sword on me and chase us into the horizon demandin’ either a wedding or blood.”

Pinpoint realized something before giving him a dull look as the two reached the upper deck and turned to look over the rest of the ship, “Wait… so when you told him that I and the priestess were together… you expected him to react violently?”
Captain Sail smiled with sarcasm, “Kinda… figured it would be one last danger filled hurrah for us. After all, we knew him as Teacher Ticket. The pirate who trained the most ruthless sea dogs this cove has ever seen.”
Pinpoint sighed, “Ya know Captain… Sometimes you scare me when ya need a little excitement in your day.”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye that’s true… I thought after hiring Powder Keg I wouldn’t have that need anymore. Sadly I broke him in too well.”

At that moment the two looked over to Powder Keg as he yelled at one of his gunners on the main deck, “SEE THAT!!! That is a speck of rust on gun three… RUST!!! Get your plot over there and see to it and the rest of the guns better not be the same! I don’t want to see that on any of the Captain’s guns, GOT THAT!?!”
Seeing the action from across the ship, Pinpoint nodded at Captain Sail’s words, “Aye ya did captain… used to be we’d have at least one exploding gun ever other voyage. Granted we make more money this way, but the excitement seems misplaced.”
Captain Sail nodded, “aye, though this voyage will be plenty exciting enough.”
Pinpoint nodded, “that’s true… since we are basically threatening the Reaper by returning. Which means we are threatening the entire Kingdom of Equestria.”
Captain Sail smiled, “We’ve threatened worse, just last week we threatened a god.”
Pinpoint sighed, “No… the Reaper is worse. You didn’t leave the leviathan at alter.”

Captain Sail thought to himself, “Yea, your right about that.”
At that moment Powder Keg approached, “Capt’n… the crew is ready anything else before we depart?”
Captain Sail shook his head, “Nah… I think we are all set.” He looked at Pinpoint, “Call the order Mr. Point, you know our heading so work smartly.”
Pinpoint nodded, “Aye Captain.” he looked over the ship, “ALL HOOVES ON DECK!!! Cast off and open the sails! Time to make way!”
With that, all sailors followed the order as they set the Bloody Tide on its way out of Pirate Cove and on its way to Equestria.