• Published 21st Sep 2017
  • 934 Views, 14 Comments

Under Crimson Sails - Priceless911



Captain Crimson Sail is a noble who chose a life of piracy to hunt down anouther priate for the muder of his father. After 20 years of searching all clues points to a deceptive mare that may hold the key to finding and killing Captain Iron Hoof.

  • ...
2
 14
 934

Ch15 The End of Iron Hoof

Sparks flew onto the older captain’s face as Captain Sail blocked a power driven swing from Iron Hoof’s sword. Without flinching to the sparks, Captain Sail parried the blade away as he returned the attack with a lunging horizontal swing. Iron Hoof ducked under the blade and jumped forward, as he swung himself behind Captain Sail before trying to strike him on the back of his neck. Expecting the attack, Captain Sail raised his sword up and brought it around behind him as he blocked attack before kicking back with his hind hooves hitting Iron Hoof in his chest and momentarily stunning the one eyed pirate. With his foe stunned, Captain Sail preceded to parry the blocked blade as he swung his body and sword around trying to hit Iron Hoof with a horizontal swing as Iron Hoof jumped back to both dodge the attack and gain some distance from his experienced foe.

As Iron Hoof fell back to a safe distance, he rubbed chest as he spoke, “Very good Captain… You ain’t one to disappoint when it comes to an excitin’ fight.”
Captain Sail nodded as he readied his stance, “I should say the same… Did Iron Hoof teach you to fight?... I mean… the real Iron Hoof?”
Iron Hoof smiled, “So you know the truth then do ya?… funny, I figured you’d thank me… I avenged Captain Sail, The Annabelle and everypony on board. And yet… you still raise your blade to me… Why is that I wonder?”
Captain Sail smiled, “You raised yours first… I’m only returnin’ the favor.”
At that moment, Iron Hoof sensed danger as he quickly raised his blade up and held it in front of his neck as a dagger came from behind his back and pressed against it with the intent of slitting his throat from behind.

Relived that he was able to save his life at the last second, Iron Hoof was able to keep the dagger’s blade from touching his throat as he turned his head slightly to see its wielder out the corner of his eye, “Nice try Siren… you truly are your father’s daughter. Even from behind you still go for the vital spots… Just like a killer.”
Trying to pull the blade closer to his throat Siren replied, “I told you… I’m going to kill you. Now give up and accept your fate.”
With a confident smile on his face, the stronger stallion started pushing against his sword edging her dagger further and further from his neck as Siren’s expression became surprised while he replied, “Sorry lass… But my fate… is to remain Iron Hoof!”
With that said, Iron Hoof was able to reach around behind his head as he grabbed Siren by the back of her neck as he threw her over his shoulder and slammed her on the deck below him. With Siren now on the ground in front of him, Iron Hoof raised his sword to stab her where she laid, but as he did, Captain Sail charged across the deck and used his shoulder to tackle Iron Hoof and push him away from where Siren was laying.

As the surprised Captain stumbled to regain his balance, he looked back at Captain Sail as he stood over Siren with his sword ready, “You want the lass… you go through me first.”
Seeing this made Iron Hoof smiled, “Ahh… so that’s what it is. You didn’t come this way to face me captain… you came to impress her.”
Unconcerned with his comment, Captain Sail replied, “Are you so sure?”
Iron Hoof replied, “I may only have one eye… but even I can see that the only reason you’re here is because you fancy her. And who can blame ya… a mare as fine as Siren Hoof is a rarity in these waters.”
Siren sneered at Iron Hoof as Captain Sail smiled, “Aye… I’ll agree to that.”
Without expecting the answer, Siren looked at Captain Sail and blushed as he continued, “A mare as fine and fair as this, is truly a treasure, that shines brighter than any gold I have ever set my eyes upon. But I ain’t doin’ this for her lad… even if I do fancy her. The reason I’m fightin’ is cuz the Iron Hoof I came here to kill proved to be nobler then I expected him to be… but you… are far worse. You may have avenged my father as you say… but if he knew that a member of his crew would stoop so low as to attack a harmless island for no reason other than to sully his own vengeance, then he would role over in his own grave.”

Iron Hoof smiled, “And yet you’ve hurt plenty of ponies for your same vengeance right?... so what makes you different from me?”
Captain Sail smiled sinisterly, “Aye… you could call me a hypocrite if ya want… But from all the innocent ships I’ve attacked to seek my revenge… I’ve never attacked any ship nor settlement that welcomes us pirates. No matter what treasure they hide. And by you attakin’ a place like Home… you pass yourself as something worse than a pirate. You’re just a two bit crook, with a ship.”
Knowing that Captain Sail was playing with his anger, Iron Hoof smiled as he replied, “Sticks and stones captain… Sticks and stones.”
Captain Sail smiled in a mocking manner, “Then s’pose I should us cannonballs… they seemed to do enough of a number on your face… I ain’t good at math… but I believe the number it did was… minus one.”

Hearing the mocking enraged the one eyes pirate as his smile turned to a sneer as he replied, “Mock me all ya want captain… but I'll gladly watch as my crew cut both your eyes out slowly, but not before I make you watch as I kill the lass that you’ve fallen for.”
With that, Iron Hoof charged towards the two as Captain Sail also charged forward as they both swung their swords at the same time, causing both blades to clash together before locking each other in a stalemate. Seeing the opportunity, Siren picked herself up and charged behind Captain Sail as she used his back to step up before leaping over him in order to bring her dagger down on Iron Hoof’s face. Seeing the incoming dagger, Iron Hoof quickly saved himself by rolling to the side while leaving both Captain Sail and Siren to continue passed Iron Hoof without landing a single hit.

When they both reacted, Siren turned and tried to hit Iron Hoof with a horizontal swing while Captain Sail tried to thrust his sword forward to dig his sword in Iron Hoof’s chest. Seeing his disadvantage immediately, Iron Hoof held his sword vertical as he brought it over his chest to both deflect and block both his enemies’ weapons at the same time. Trying to even the field, Iron Hoof reached up with his other front hoof and punched Captain Sail as hard as he could as the metal on his hoof tripled its impact causing Captain Sail to take a number of steps back before digging his sword into the deck to hold himself up while he regained his senses. With Captain Sail momentarily neutralized, Iron Hoof was free to parry Siren’s dagger away as he made an attempt to punch her the same way. Seeing what happened to Captain Sail, Siren jumped back and dodged the punch as Iron Hoof smiled, “You would have made a fine first mate lass… too bad… your lineage will soon end.”
Siren glared at Iron Hoof as she replied, “If I go down… I will take you and the Wing with me…”

With that Siren Charged at Iron Hoof as he replied while she swung her dagger, “Brave choice of words lass…”
As she swung her dagger, Iron Hoof shifted his sword to his opposite hoof as he brought his now unarmed right hoof up and blocked her dagger as he continued, “But problem is…”
With Siren’s dagger blocked, there was nothing to stop him as Iron Hoof thrusted his sword into her chest as far as it could go, leaving Siren to gasp in shock, as Iron Hoof whispered into her ear, “You will be taken that trip alone…”
With that said, Iron Hoof pushed Siren off his sword as she fell onto the deck dropping her dagger and trembling as her body began feeling the pain of being impaled. As the shock over took her body, Siren tried to pick herself up, but it was as if her muscles were refusing to lift her body as she was only able to roll onto her side and look up at Iron Hoof as he raised his sword up, “Say goodbye Siren Hoof!”

Iron Hoof tried to bring his sword down to kill Siren but as he did, Captain Sail, who had regained his senses charged at Iron Hoof and tried to strike him as he yelled in rage, “YOU’LL BE REGRETTIN’ THAT!!!”
Iron Hoof turned quickly enough to block Captain Sail’s attacks, however with anger controlling Captain Sail’s swings, He was only able to block as the fierce pirate captain continued attacking with rage filled strikes. As Iron Hoof backed up with each block, Siren who was barely able to move watched as Captain Sail pushed Iron Hoof back across the upper deck as he was forced closer and closer to the ships starboard rail. With some of her strength returning to her, Siren paned her head across the deck as she tried to locate her dagger. However as she looked for her weapon, she spotted somepony else’s that would work just as good as she used what strength she had to reach for it.

With Iron Hoof Stepping back to each of Captain Sail’s fierce attacks, it wasn’t long before the defending captain found himself pinned to the Starboard railing as the two locked swords with Iron Hoof speaking through his struggle, “Didn’t think ya for the emotional type… Why react this way… She’s nothing more than a harlot. A Siren to con ignorant sailors into their watery graves. Barely a pirate at all.”
Captain Sail replied through his anger, “Say what ya like boyo… but all in all, she’s twice the pirate you are, or will ever be. Cuz today… You will die, Sabastian.”
Iron Hoof smiled through his strain as he replied, “That’s Iron Hoof… or s’pose I should remind you the HARD WAY!!!”
With that, Iron Hoof shifted his sword far enough to the side, so that he was still protected from Captain Sail’s as he swung his other hoof towards his enemy in an attempt to punch him in the face with his horseshoes.

Seeing the attack, Captain Sail jumped back and slightly to the side to avoid the punch, however as he did, another attack came from behind as a musket’s bayonet blade cut along Captain Sail’s shoulder as the weapon flew passed hitting and digging into Iron Hoof’s chest as the mare wielding the musket pinned Iron Hoof back to the railing, while using her own weight to keep him there. As the traitorous Pirate felt the combination of a bayonet blade piercing his body and the muzzle of a musket hitting his chest, Iron Hoof’s strength seemed to flee from his body, as he dropped his sword, put his hooves on the Muskets barrel and tried to push the weapon out of his body. However, with Siren using all of her bodyweight to hold him down, the weakened earth pony was unsuccessful as Siren glared at Iron Hoof and spoke, “I told you Sabastian… you haven’t earned the title of Iron Hoof… and now, you will never be Iron Hoof.”

Coughing up a little blood, Iron Hoof looked towards the bayonet which couldn’t be seen since it was in his chest, then he ran his eyes up the barrel till he was looking Siren in the eye. As he looked at his enemy’s eyes, Iron hoof soon paned his gaze onto her wound that was left in her chest as he as he smiled, “Well done lass… but I ain’t the only one who won’t be holding that title.”
Realizing his point, Siren looked down at her wound which was still bleeding as Iron Hoof continued, “Seems like neither of us will live to captain the Iron Wing. I’ll applaud you in this victory lass… but in the end… it was for not. I’ll see you in hell, Siren Hoof…”

Weak as he was, Iron Hoof still had the energy to chuckle at Siren’s misfortune as Siren looked at her wound for a second longer as she thought over his words before replying in a serious tone, “The deepest, darkest circle of hell… is reserved for traitors and mutineers.”
Iron Hoof silenced his chuckling as Siren looked up, glared at him with a sinister smiled, then she pulled back the hammer on the musket as she continued, “Meaning… you won’t see me when I arrive.”
Iron Hoof could only give her a confused stare, as Siren pressed the firing lever causing the high caliber musket to fire off, pushing Iron Hoof off of the bayonet as his body was tossed through the ships railing and into the sea below.

With the Shot echoing out over the decks of the ships, a number of the fighting pirates paused as they looked towards the top deck of the Bloody Tide to see that out of the three captains fighting on the top deck, only two remained. With the silence starting to spread through the herd, the pirates of both crews slowly ended the fighting as the Iron Hoof pirates began dropping their weapons as they put their hooves and talons in the air as they surrendered to the Crimson Pirates. With that all Crimson Pirates began cheering as Pinpoint came climbing over the railing of the main deck with Powder Keg on his shoulder as Powder Keg spoke, “Wait… we missed the rest of the fight… that’s disappointin’.” Pinpoint angrily threw him onto the deck, “Hey!?!”
Pinpoint replied in irritation, “Next time, stay on the ship ya halfcocked swab.”

As the ships cheered with the victory, Siren lowered Powder Keg’s musket as she looked at Captain Sail and spoke, “So… this is what it feels like to fodder a traitor?”
Captain Sail nodded as she smiled, “Feels good… I could get used to this.”
At first Captain Sail smiled as her comment but before he could reply, Siren succumbed to her wound as she dropped the musket and fell to the deck leaving him to rush to her side, “Lass!!!”
As Captain Sail looked over her wound, he started to become worried, “S-surgeon… Surgeon!” he looked onto the main deck, “Where is the blasted surgeon!!!”
Pinpoint and Powder Keg rushed to the top deck to help. As they reached Siren’s weak body, Captain Sail spoke, “Mr. Point… Find the surgeon and get his plot her-”
Pinpoint interrupted, “Captain… we left him back on Home to help the Hippogriffs.”

Captain Sail replied with an almost frantic tone, “Then get on the helm and set a course for Home. We need to get their bef-”
Again Captain Sail was interrupted, only this time it was Siren as she took his hoof and replied, “No, captain… even I know that there is no saving me… If we set a course for home… I'll be dead before we get there.”
Pinpoint nodded, “She’s right… her wound is all the way through… and from its angle, we won’t be able to stop the bleeding.”
Captain Sail shook his head in denial as he replied, “Then what do we d…”
Knowing what he was about to ask, Pinpoint butted in as he interrupted, “Captain? If you have an order to give? I'd make it now…”

All of a sudden a pair of hippogriffs approached, “Captain Sail… Captain Iron Hoof…”
Both captains looked at the Hippogriffs as they placed a chest on the deck as one spoke, “This belongs to you.”
That said, the two opened the chest and revealed the Leviathan’s pearl as Siren reached out and picked it up, “Good… it survived the fight.”
She handed it to Captain Sail as she spoke, “Captain… For your help… I'll present your prize.”
Captain Sail looked at the magic that could clearly be seen inside the pearl as he shook his head, “No Lass… this belongs to Home. And… its guardian.”
Captain Sail handed it back as Siren took the pearl and smiled, “Then… that’s where it will go…”
She placed it back in the chest, “Take this to Captain Sail’s quarters.”

As the Iron Pirates took the chest to Captain Sail’s cabin, Siren Looked at Captain Sail and spoke, “Captain… Could you do me a favor and help me to my ship… I need to give my crew their orders.”
At first he didn’t want to move her, but since it was her request, Captain Sail put her hoof over his shoulder as he carried Siren to the Iron Wing as she mumbled, “Ya know… since I was a little filly… I always wanted to fall in love the same way Chrysanthemum and the original Iron Hoof did… and… now I have. You… the ghost hunter, hunting Iron Hoof who is your mortal enemy… and me… The new, Iron Hoof. It’s kinda funny, ain’t it?”
Captain Sail smiled as he started up the stairs of the Iron Wing to the upper deck, “that statement back there… about the pearl bein’ my prize… that was a test wasn’t it?”
Siren smiled, “Aye… and ya passed with flying colors. I knew you wouldn’t take the pearl. You may be a blood thirsty pirate… but your still a bit of a softie.”
Captain sail chuckled, “Lass, you ain’t as charmin as ya think you are.”
Siren smiled as she looked at her helm and replied, “You know very well, that I am as charming as I think… and more.”

As the two approached the helm of the Iron Wing, Siren struggled to stand on her own as she took the helm and smiled, “This… this feels good. After fighting all this way. I’m happy I’m finely here.”
Siren looked over the concerned faces of the two crews as they watched from both the main decks of the Iron Wing and the Bloody Tide, then she called, “Load all my cannons! I want every cannon on this ship loaded and ready for battle!!!”
A sailor from the Iron Pirates asked, “W-what shot… Capt’n?...”
She smiled at how she was addressed, then her expression became incredibly annoyed as she replied, “What’s that?... if I didn’t specify a shot… then that means I DON’T CARE!!! I told you dogs to load the cannons, now load em’, or so help me, I'll SHOVE YOUR PLOT IN THEM AND USE YOU AS SHOT!!!”
Hearing the angry threat, the same sailor looked over the crew as he called, “You heard the capt’n!!! Load all the cannons! Work smartly lads, Capt’n ain’t one to cross!”

As the crews worked to lead all the cannons on the Iron Wing, Siren watched them as she spoke to Captain Sail, “Captain… I… I want you to do something for me…”
Captain Sail heard the concern in her voice as he asked, “Aye lass… what is it ya need?”
Siren replied as she continued looking over the main deck, “I want you to take the Pearl back to Home… See to it that the priestess gets it… but first… I want you to sink the Iron Wing… and myself with it.”
Captain Sail was surprised, “W-what?...”
Siren looked at Captain Sail as she repeated, “You heard me… take the pearl and my crew with you… then… Sink the Iron Wing… with me on board.”
Captain Sail shook his head, “What are ya sayin lass?”

Siren replied with a serious tone, “Captain… you set out on the Bloody Tide for one reason. To find, and kill Iron Hoof. Well now, I’m Iron Hoof, and it seems like I won’t last much longer anyways, so… I think it’s time you do what you set out to do.”
Captain Sail shook his head, “Lass… Siren… you’re asking me to do something that… I can’t do. All of this… all that we’ve been through… I… I just can’t.”
Wanting him to admit something, Siren replied “Give me a reason why…”
Captain Sail hesitated as he replied, “You know why lass… I said it to Sabastian while we fought him.”
Siren continued, “Then say it again… I want to hear it from you.”
Knowing he had no choice Captain Sail sighed, “Siren… I… I’m in love with you.”
Hearing it for the first time, most of the ponies standing around the two stared at Captain Sail in shock as Siren replied with an expression that was hard to read.

As everypony waited for Siren to reply, Captain Sail became impatient as he spoke, “You heard me right… and… it’s the truth. I’m in love wi-”
Before he could finish repeating himself, Siren reached out, grabbed the collar of his vest and pulled him in as she kissed him. Seeing the two embrace each other, most of the ponies on the upper deck looked away. Captain Sail and Siren embraced each other for a few seconds longer as a sailor from the main deck tried to speak as he cleared his throat, “Um… beggin’ your pardon capt’n… but… all cannons are loaded.”
Slowly the two captains stopped kissing as Siren and Captain Sail placed their foreheads against each other’s as Siren whispered, “You see… that’s why I want you to finish your task. You helped me to get my revenge… so… its time that you get yours.”
Captain Sail replied quietly, “If this is what it takes… I don’t want it.”
Siren replied, “A captain and her ship are one… they sail together, they fight together, and if done properly… they die together.”
Captain Sail could only smile at her words, “Seems your father taught you to be a better captain then I thought.”
She shook her head, “No… you did. And I will sing for you… but it won’t be today. Just be sure to listen for my song.”
Captain Sail nodded, “I will Siren… I will.”

Siren smiles at Captain Sail’s words before looking at her sailor and replying to his earlier comment, “Good, now… abandon ship!”
The sailor was confused, “Abandon ship?...”
Siren nodded, “Aye ya heard me right lads, you are no longer pirates of the Iron Wing. Captain Sail will take you back to Home and from there, you’re free to do whatever you please.”
The sailor started to argue, “But… Capt’n? What abo-”
Knowing that Siren didn’t have long Captain Sail became angry, “Do ya have barnacles in your ears, or did the last Iron Hoof spoil ya?!? Vacation’s over dogs! Your captain gave ya an order, now carry it out!!! Crimson Pirates! Assist the Iron Pirates all ya can, but don’t dally about! We ain’t got much time, and ya know how I dislike wastin’ it!”
Both crews nodded as they all started following the two captains’ orders as they started boarding the Bloody Tide and assisted all sailor in doing the same.

Seeing his reaction, Siren smiled as she replied, “So… you’re going to do it then… you’re going to sink the Wing?”
Although he didn’t like it, Captain Sail knew it was Siren’s last request so he sighed as he replied, “Aye lass… if that is what you want… then I'll ensure you go down with your ship.”
Siren smiled with tears rolling down her face as she replied, “Thank you captain… if it wasn’t for you… I wouldn’t be able to go in peace.”
Captain Sail smiled as he wiped away her tears and replied, “Captain Iron Hoof… are ya ready for what’s next?”
Siren nodded as she replied, “Aye, that I am Captain Sail… can I expect a good show?”
Captain Sail nodded, “Aye… only the best, for the Siren of Pirate Cove.”
Siren looked over her helm as she replied, “Then… get on with it, Crimson Ghost Hunter.”

Captain Sail nodded as he looked over the ship at both crews as the last of the Iron Hoof pirates boarded the Bloody Tide, “All Sailors ready to make way! One thing left to do before we head to Home.”
With that Captain Sail made his way down to the main deck and stepped over to the Bloody Tide. Shortly after all sailor were aboard the Tide, the crimson pirates cut the lines that tied the ships together as Captain Sail called over the ship, “Let loose mains to half-mast! Move us out slowly!”
The crew started to unveil the sails as Captain Sail looked at Powder Keg and spoke, “Mr. Keg! Load all Cannons with explosive shot… and make ready to target the Iron Wing.”
Everypony looked at him in surprise as Powder Keg replied, “P-pardon capt’n?”
With no mood to argue, Captain Sail gave him an angry look as he replied, “Do I need to repeat myself?...”
Seeing the angry expression on his face, Powder Keg shook his head, “N-no capt’n. It’s just…”
Captain Sail interrupted, “Then do as I say… or clime into a cannon yourself… your choice.”

Powder Keg could see that his threat wasn’t something he wanted to challenge so he replied, “Aye, aye capt’n…” he looked over the ship, “Load the cannon! Explosive shot in all! Capt’n’s orders!”
The crew also hesitated in disbelief as Powder Keg yelled, “I SAID!!! LOAD THE CANNON!!! Get your plots in gear or I'll keel haul you all!!!”
The crew rushed to follow the order as Captain Sail spoke to the helm colt, “Turn us about… we need to bring the Iron Wing into range.”
As the helm colt did what he was told, Pinpoint approached him, “Captain… are ya sure you want to do this… I understand it’s her last request… but… can you do it?”
Captain Sail replied with an unamused tone, “In her honor… I have to.”
Pinpoint tried to argue, “Yea but s’pose you ca-”
“If there is another way tell me now… otherwise, Shut your gob!”
Knowing that the outburst was driven by pain, Pinpoint silenced himself as Powder Keg called, “All cannons loaded Capt’n… We are comin’ up on the Iron Wing now.”

Captain Sail looked across towards the Iron Wing as he saw Siren still standing at the helm as she looked over at him with little expression on her face. As he looked at her, Captain Sail hesitated as Powder Keg waited for his orders, “Capt’n?...”
Slowly the Bloody Tide started to cross paths with the Iron Wing as Pinpoint spoke, “Your orders Captain?”
Captain Sail didn’t acknowledge them, instead he continued to watch Siren from across the distance as she finally smiled and nodded in acceptance as Pinpoint asked one last time, “Captain? What is your order?...”
Captain Sail could only sigh in disappointment as he yelled loud enough for even Siren to hear, “FIRE ALL CANNON!!!”
Relaying the order Powder Keg looked to the crews, “FIRE!!!”
Hearing it one last time, a sailor standing on the stairs to the gun deck called below to the second level of cannons, “FIRE!!!”

With that order, the Cannons, fired off with their recoil jerking the ship slightly as a barrage of explosive cannonballs flew across the water as they peppered the Iron Wing sending all sorts of splinters and debris into the air as Siren only closed her eyes to protect herself from the airborne rubble. Less than a split second later, each shell which was either embedded on the Iron Wing or in the ocean on the other side, exploded as the explosive force of jerked Siren around as she tried to hold onto the helm as much as she could. Then as a shell logged in the main deck exploded, it tossed a cannon from its stand as the heavy iron barrel flew from the main deck colligating with the upper decks rail as the impact knocked Siren off the helm as she disappeared amongst the smoke from all the explosions.

Seeing this from the upper deck of the Bloody Tide, caused Captain Sail to call out in worry, “SIREN!”
The crimson pirates looked to their captain in surprise. Even Pinpoint, who had been his quartermaster since the very beginning never saw any outburst of worry from Captain Sail at all… not even from the safety of his own crew. With his mind off of his crew, Captain Sail watched in worry as he waited to see Siren emerge from the upper deck of the Iron Wing. As he watched, a lantern which was damaged on the Iron Wing’s main deck ignited its own oil as the fire started spreading creating smoke and flames aboard the now distant ship. With visibility becoming hazy, Captain Sail looked to his helmscolt and spoke, “Bring her about!”
Hearing the worry in his voice, the helmscolt replied as he turned the Bloody Tide around, “Aye aye capt’n.”

With the Bloody Tide turning back to the now burning Iron Wing, Captain Sail watched the helm in anticipation as he waited for any sign that Siren was alright. As he watched, he sighed in relief when he saw a hoof reach up and grab the center wheel as Siren soon emerged as she climbed back up the Helm as if it were an unstable ladder. As Siren finally regained her position on the helm Captain Sail smiled in relief until Pinpoint spoke, “Captain… She’s still afloat…”
Quickly his smile faded as Captain Sail realized what he had to do next as he watched Siren looked back to him. Seeing this, Captain Sail felt uneasy as Pinpoint turned to his captain and spoke, “Captain… she’s ready… and… still afloat. Your order sir?”
Captain Sail sighed as he looked down in disappointment. Trying to remember why he called the first attack, Captain Sail replied without looking up, “… Again…”
Barley able to hear him, Pinpoint nodded as he looked to Powder Keg and relayed, “Fire…”
Powder Keg nodded as he looked over the ship, “FIRE!”
Hearing it once more from the gunner at the stairs, Captain Sail took one last look at Siren as she smiled after hearing her gunner’s call as he read her lips, “Listen for my song.”

As he saw this, it seemed as if time had slowed down for the captain as the cannons fired off in a slightly out of sync volley as the cannon balls hit the burning Iron Wing while most if not all the explosive shells blew up just as they made contact with the fires on the deck of the opposite vessel. With the smoke from the cannons concealing her, Captain Sail lost sight of Siren as the exploding shells found their way into the Iron Wing’s magazine as the entire vessel shattered in a massive explosion that caused all three of its masts to fall over on themselves with nothing on the ships deck visible through all the chaos on board. As soon as the explosion took place, Captain Sail watched in disbelief as he stepped closer to the railing as a deafening silence fell over the Bloody Tide as everypony aboard watched in awe as the remains of the Iron Wing slowly started to sink as the smoke from the burning ship concealed its deck making it impossible to see anything or anypony aboard.

With the entire crew watching, The Iron Wing slowly descended into the sea as Captain Sail tried all he could to see the ships helm as the upper deck slowly submerged into the water leaving only the ship’s masts behind. As the last remnants of the Iron Wing started sinking behind the vessel, Pinpoint pulled out a spyglass and schemed the water’s surface. After seeing all he needed to, he lowered the spyglass and spoke, “No bod… I mean… nothin’ in the water Captain.”
Ignoring his quartermaster, Captain Sail watched in worry as the sail’s rigging which still connected the Iron Wing’s hull to its sails, slowly pulled the ship’s masts down as the last thing spotted on the Iron Wing before it went down, was the Jolly Roger, of the Iron Hoof Pirates. As the Iron Wing vanished into the waves, Captain Sail still watched for a few seconds longer, till Pinpoint spoke again, “Still no movement in the water captain… She… She must have gone down with her ship.”

Slowly Captain Sail reached up and removed his hat as he placed it against his chest as he tried to speak without showing any sadness, “Aye… s-she went down with her cannons loaded and her ship ready for battle… as any captain should. I… would like to go the same way someday.”
Seeing their captain paying his respects, Pinpoint, Powder Keg, the rest of the Crimson Pirates and even the Iron Pirates, slowly removed their hats and bandannas, as everypony aboard the Bloody Tide all joined in, in saluting not only the Iron Wing… but also its Captain. Captain Siren Hoof, the Ninth Iron Hoof of the Leviathan Sea… and its last.