• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,981 Views, 56 Comments

Silver's New Beginning - Silver The Hedgepony



Silver was alone for almost a year. But soon he meets a voice who will show him a new world.

  • ...
7
 56
 1,981

Chapter 10: Meeting Royalty

It was early morning when Silver awoke. He found his hoof around Fluttershy's waist as she was sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face. Still not sure if she believed last night really happened or not he didn't want to question it. He was falling for Fluttershy. Something Silver never took a look at was love. And being a pony must have given him a second chance to live a good life. He smiled a little.
Silver tried to slowly remove his hoof from her side as she quickly put her hoof over his and opened one eye slowly. "Silver....?" She said. "Don't leave already...." She said as she closed her eye and dropped her hoof falling sound asleep again.

Silver crawled out the he'd trying to be as quiet as possible as he looked and saw the same rabbit who was hopping around everywhere have a pillow on his head as though he was trying to sleep all night. Silver smiled a little as he slowly walked downstairs and out the front door. He felt bad for just leaving her there. But he needed to return the books go Twilight as well as ask her a couple of questions. He quickly flew off back to the Apple family house to retrieve the books.

Silver was thankful he was able to make it there before anyone else woke up. Must have been pretty early. He heard Applejack snoring from upstairs as well as Big Mac and surprisingly Applebloom. They were quite loud. But Silver was glad as he quickly managed to grab his books put them in the saddle bags and quickly slipped back outside flying back to Ponyville towards Twilight's library.

No ponies were out and Silver heard noises coming from inside Twilight's tree when he got there. He put his ear to the door and listened as pages were being turned and books were clattering. "Uhhh.... Not really sure I should be here...." Silver thought and walked in anyway.
Twilight was deep in her studies with Spike trying to stack books away. "Spiiiike! Be careful!" Twilight groaned as she turned and saw Silver. "Oh! Hello Silver!" She said as she was moving some books around.

"Hey Twilight.. I uhh... Finished those books.. " Silver said ducking to avoid getting hit by passing by books as he took out the books he was given. "I really learned a lot about this place and the history. And the spell book you gave me really helped me out too!" He said smiling as Twilight opened her mouth. "Oh! I'm glad you read it! I hope that you found some of those spells useful. Were you able to successfully do any of them? I know you have the memory problem but-"

"Oh no! I guess I have a knack for magic or something. I was able to do almost every single spell in that book with ease!" He said as his horn glowed as he teleported upstairs in a flash of light. "And I was really glad too! It saved me the time of trying to train! He said as he disappeared in another flash of light and was once again in front of Twilight.

"Wow. I'm glad you were able to learn them so quickly. It took me weeks to get those spells learned. I still get tired sometimes when I use them." She said. "I had a good feeling about you. Especially when I saw your horn. I thought that might have had a difference. I was so excited I even wrote a letter to the princess last night!"

"A letter to the princess..? You know the princess?" Silver said sounding a bit shocked.
"Of course! I'm her star pupil! I have been training under her since I was just a filly!" Twilight responded sounding proud.
"Uhh.... Twilight?.. I think the princess migh-" Spike said sounding a little woozy as he burped a green flame out and landed on his stomach. "The princess replied...." He finished.

Twilight seemed very eager as she opened up, what looked like a scroll, and began to read it aloud. "Dear Twilight, I am pleased to hear you have met a new friend. But to hear he is an alicorn is a bit of a shock. And while I don't doubt you as my pupil I would like for you and your friends to bring along your 'Silver' for a week stay here at the castle. I have sent for a carriage and it should be there shortly. Sincerely, Princess Celestia. Well this is quite an honor! You get to meet the princess Silver!" Silver was not sure what to say as he had never met a princess before. He was slightly worried and before opening his mouth to try and object he heard horses from outside and someone knocked knocked on the door.

Shortly after the arrival of Tue carriage Twilight and the six of her friends were all happily chatting about getting go meet the princess once again for a while. Silver saw as the four horses pulling the carriage stared at him with disbelieving eyes and tried to avert their gaze as Silver annoyingly looked back at them. He has climbed into the carriage with the other 6 as they were happily discussing to each other what they were going to do when they got there as Silver sat at the far corner next to a window in the carriage and looked out as they began flying away from Ponyville.

Silver was quiet nearly the whole trip. He was unsure what to say or even think besides what he was going go say if he began getting questioned on how he arrived or what he was even doing here. "Silver." Applejack broke his thought as she clapped her hooves together. "You've been quiet almost the entire trip. You alright sugercube?" she said as everyone turned to look at him.
"Uhh.... Yea.. I'm fine don't even worry about me. I'm just... Gathering my thoughts..." He said as he looked back out the window. "Oh there is nothing to worry about!" Twilight said enthusiastically. "The princess is so nice. And I'm sure she'll be happy to know there is another alicorn out there."

Before Silver could reply Silver heard a "wohhhh!" from outside as the door opened and he jumped out to see he had arrived at a large castle with guards everywhere. "Welcome!" A greeter had said as he looked at Silver "The princess... ahh... was expecting you seven. Most him I'm sure.... But please Twilight you have been here before! Why don't you show the newcommer to the princess! I have to get your rooms ready!" He said as he dashed off before Twilight could reply.

"Alright Silver. I hope you have prepared yourself!" Twilight said as she turned to look at him as they stood in front of a huge door. "Try not to do anything foolish and answer any and all questions the princess has!" She sad smiling. Silver nodded as he turned and saw everyone else with a big smile on their faces. He turned around again as Twilight had pushed open the door and shouted out "Princess Celestia!"
All the others ran ahead of Silver as they all were talking quickly and at once. Silver realized they were a bit smaller than the princess. She was, In fact, One of the most unique looking ponies he had seen. She had a beautifully rainbow colored mane which was flowing. She had a horn and wings he was able to see and as he slowly approached she had the marking of the sun on her side. Silver read about this and said to himself "She must be the one who raises the sun.... Huh..."
Silver then shook his head quickly when a quick "Hello." Was aimed towards him when he saw the six ponies all looking up at Celestia with a big smile on his face. Silver couldn't find it in himself to really look her in the eye as he looked slightly down and let out a "Hello." back.

"So. You're the new friend Twilight wrote to me about I assume?" She said raising an eyebrow and she walked over towards him. Silver was only slightly smaller than her but he still found himself looking up to her. "Uhmm... Y-yes... I suppose.." Silver replied coughing into his hoof. She eyed him suspiciously for a moment. She was examining him. Silver could feel her eyes scanning him.
Then.

She giggled.

"Is... There something funny princess?" Silver said trying not to sound rude. "Well I am just amazed that there is a real life breathing alicorn before my very eyes. LUNA! COME AND SEE THAT HE IS REAL!" She shouted as yet another pony turned the corner of the room. She was dark blue. She had the mark of the moon on her side and her mane was flowing a dark blue. She approached Silver. And once again Silver could few her eyes examining him. "Well now.." Luna said. "This is quite a surprise. It is an honor to meet you Silver." She said as both Luna and Celestia bowed their heads. Silver was unsure what to say as he bowed back. "Now then." Celestia said. "Why don't you all get settled in. I'm sure you all would like to rest up a bit as we called you here a little early." They all nodded. "Oh I must simply get some sleeping wear before we head off!" Rarity said as she walked out followed by the others. "And I'm starving!" Dash said flying out the door. "Actually I'm a bit hungry myself" Silver said.

"Hold on Silver. My sister and I would like to talk to you for a moment." Celestia said. Silver tried to hold back groaning as his hunger was getting to him. "Sorry Silver...." Twilight said." We'll see you later?" She said as the doors closed shut behind her.

Silver turned around to look at the two princesses who were now looking at Silver with a serious face. "We have never seen or heard of an alicorn such as yourself Silver." Luna spoke up as the approached him slowly.
Silver felt himself backing up a little as he hit the door. "O-oh?... Well that's... A shame... I didn't even know that there were others like me as well... ehehe...." He said getting worried.

"We have a few questions we want to ask you Silver." Celestia said as Silver felt magic surrounding his body as he was being lifted into the air. "And we want the truth." Both said with a smile no longer on their faces.