• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,981 Views, 56 Comments

Silver's New Beginning - Silver The Hedgepony



Silver was alone for almost a year. But soon he meets a voice who will show him a new world.

  • ...
7
 56
 1,981

Chapter 13: First Lessons

"Wait.... I... I'm sorry..." Silver spoke in a low quiet voice. "I didn't know... I didn't mean to shout.... I didn't even expect to feel this way...." He said with his depression starting to get to him.

"No.... I knew it wouldn't work... And.... I know I'm not at all what would be in a normal Pegasus... I'm not all lovey dovey and.... A sap." Said a familiar Rainbow maned pony turned away as though she was speaking to the floor.

"But.... What if I said.... I might...." Silver said his lip quivering.


Silver jolted awake the alarm clock scaring him. "Oh no!" He said "I overslept I'm going to be late!" He shouted quickly getting up from his bed. He went over to the bathroom sink and washed his face and hair. He didn't have the time to fix it as they drooped over his eyes as he nearly threw them to the side and bolted out the door.

The train station was boarding its last passengers as 6 friends were mearly talking about what to do when they returned home.

"WAIT UP GUYS!" They heard Silver shout as he was flying as fast as he possibly could towards them. "Wait... I can't stop! Look out!" He shouted as they all ran out the way.
The only one who didn't move and mearly grew wide eyed and put her ears down was Fluttershy.

CRASH!

The two had rolled and tumbled as Silver was laying on top of Fluttershy as they rubbed their heads and said "ow." Quickly looking down at Fluttershy his face turned slightly red and she realized this as well and quickly turned red. But with a small little smile spread across her face.

Silver quickly thought back to when they had spent the night at her cottage. and Just before sleeping they had stayed up talking about how they felt towards each other.


"I....... I have never met another pony who could talk to animals so easily... And..... I think..... That's... Very.... nice..." Fluttershy spoke getting quiet.

"I never knew someone like yourself could be so assertive when you had to be!" Silver spoke happily laughing. "And that's.... quite.... Attractive might I add..." He sheepishly smiled at Fluttershy who had turned a little red and giggled.

"And.... I think that someone who can care and talk to animals just as easily as me... Must be so kind and caring...." She said a little grin spread across her face.

They looked at each other for a while. Angel bunny was quietly asleep and there was only the sound of the ticking clock from downstairs and a few crickets from outside. Silver thought about it for a moment. "Fluttershy.... Your really... Unique... You know that?"

"Oh... Why.. Thank you.." She said as they both found themselves scooting closer to each other. soon Silver wrapped his hoof around her in a hug as they looked at each other and slowly leaned in for a kiss.


Silver quickly snapped back into focus after he heard Rainbow Dash clap her hooves together and shout "You two gonna stop staring at each other and get moving?" sounding annoyed as the others giggled.

Silver coughed and got off of Fluttershy as he helped her up and they walked to the train again with the other five.

"Man... I am really gonna miss you guys." Silver said as they all huddled together for a hug.

"Don't worry too much Silver. Celestia isn't a bother and just keep yourself in good spirits! It'll be over before you know it! and maybe you'll have learned a cool few new spells you could even teach me!" Twilight said sounding very enthusiastic and happy at the same time as she boarded the train.

"Try not to strain yourself darling. And don't miss us too much!" Rarity said she followed behind Twilight.

"Eat up well partner! And try to brag and miss my cooking too much sugercube!" Applejack laughed jokingly as they high hooves and she walked in as well.

"Try to... Make more friends Silver... But don't forget about us.. And... And try to be friends with all the cute little animals..." Fluttershy said kissing his cheek before boarding the train.

Silver looked up at Rainbow Dash who had her hoof in her mouth as though she said "eww gag." to herself. Awkwardly enough she landed next to him and they stared at each other. Both were most likely thinking about what had happened the previous night as it was still fresh in Silvers mind. Dash mearly took one step towards Silver and whispered into his ear "Your secret is safe with me..." She said as she planted a kiss on his ear.

Looking at the train the five were talking and must not have noticed as Dash walked in and they all turned to look at Silver.

"Good Luck! Have Fun! Get Lots of Rest! Train Well!" Were all said as the train door closed and they each waved. Silver raised his hoof and waved back smiling to each. He turned around to see Princess Celestia standing behind him.

"Well new student. Are you ready to begin your lessons?" Silver bowed his head slowly and smiled.

"Yes. I am ready Princess." He said. They had walked over to Celestia's huge study room which had a board filled with many things written down as well as pictures.

"Wow.." Silver said in astonishment looking around seeing all the many books stacked neatly and piled together. Celestia had used her magic to close the door behind then and turned to Silver who was now sitting at a desk with an open book.

"Now Silver. I want you to tell me how much magic you have learned. And how well you can accomplish doing this." She said as she set a cup in front of Silver. "Try to levitate this." She finished.

"Easy!" Silver said as his horn glowed a green-ish type glow. Celestia raised her eyebrow at this and saw as Silver was easily able to levitate the cup with very simple ease.

"Well now. I see you have been able to learn basic spells before meeting us have you?" Celestia said as she used her magic to hover over in front of silver a feather.

"Yes. I have learned a few things." Silver said. Soon Celestia started to tickle Silver's nose with the feather. "Uhh princess what are you do- ahh... ahh.... AHH-CHOOO!" Silver sneezed as the Cup was no longer there anymore. "Woh! Where did the cup go!?" Silver said looking around worried. Celestia was watching Silver fly around the room panicked and continuously saying "I can find it! I'll find it! Don't worry Princess I'll find it!"

"Silver!" She said giggling a little. "It's alright! The cup is gone. You see when you levitate things you have to be careful. Sneezing couses a sudden burst of magic and could either make the object go flying across the room or make is disappear completely. You need to try and keep yourself under control. The same thing happens when the unicorn is under great...." She trailed off a little unsure how to say it. "Pleasure..." She said finishing off. Silver felt his face grow a little red at this once again now realizing why his horn was setting off little sparks when he was with Fluttershy. "Are there any other spells that you know how to do Silver?" Celestia asked as she took a few steps back to see what Silver could do.

"Well I have leaned how to do quite a few things." He said as his whole body flashed in a bright white light as he was standing next to the princess. "And this was was probably the trickiest." Celestia quickly jumped to the side as Silver laughed and teleported back behind his desk.

"I am glad to see you know such advanced spells." Celestia sighed relieved she could teach Silver the most advanced spells she knew.


It was already dusk when the two had finished the first lessons. Silver was able to learn quite a lot within a short time.
"At this rate we might let you go earlier than expected!" Celestia exclaimed laughing as Silver had made a duplicate of himself and was standing on his own back doing a handstand as they high hoofed. The double disappeared as Silver smiled a little knowing he was able to make the princess proud. "Well it is my time to reside Silver." He aww'd at this a little. "Don't worry. I'm sure you wil enjoy the company of my sister tonight." She said as she began to walk away. "She will be waiting for you at the castle garden. There will be a large hill that you will see her on." She said as she walked away. Silver closed the book that was open and quickly ran outside eager not to keep Luna waiting.


Just as Celestia had said Luna was there patiently laying down looking at the now night sky. The first few stars were out and Luna was looking up at them as she was smiling a little.

"Uhmm... Hello Luna. I'm here for the lesson." He said.

"Ahh Silver. Glad you finally found it in your studies with my sister to come out and join us... Err.. Me." She said as she stood up and expanded her wings. "I'm going to be teaching you a few flying tricks." She said as started to hover above Silver. "I was able to speak to your friend Frack and learn about how your body as a pony works as it did as a... Hedgehog..." She said turning her head to study how a pony such as Silver could have possibly been a hedgehog before. "anyway. I hope you are ready. You might be in for quite a surprise." She said smiling a little. At this Silver nodded and began to fly as well.

"Now the first thing I would like to know. Are you able to do anything... Like this?" She said as she began flying in circles around him. However she was leaving behind a beautiful streak of glimmering stars behind. The sight was amazing and Silver had never seen anything like it. Except on Rainbow Dash who had the rainbow trail behind her every time she flew quickly. Silver realized his jaw had dropped as Luna had finished and was now hovering in front of him with a small smile.

"Wow.... That was amazing!!" Silver exclaimed quickly and very excited. "I... don't think I can do anything like that though...." He realized sadly.

"Well that's where you're wrong my dear Silver." Luna started. "You in fact can. and as described by Frack it will be quite a sight to see. And I would like to help you do this task." She said sounding determined. Silver nodded his head as she was unsure why SHE seemed more excited then Silver. But he shrugged it off and thought it would be worth it. "So when you were a hedgehog... I was told you had a faint blue glow around your body whenever you began to use your powers... Is this true?" She asked.

"Yes! Whenever I used my psycokenesis powers top levitate or float objects it always appeared!" Silver said happily.

"Well answer me this Silver" She began to fly as he followed her. "What do you stride for? What did you fight for? And most importantly what do hope to accomplish as you are here now?"

Silver pondered this. He thought.
What do I really want...? I know I really want to push myself to be my best... Be my very best! So I don't have to worry about losing anyone else ever again... Like I lost Blaze.... She was why I fought... But now I have a new reason to fight.. I have to protect the world here.... And hope nothing terrible ever happens again.... I want to accomplish that.... I want to.... Be....
The... Best I can be......
To protect everyone.... I won' lose anyone else. Never again!

Silver soon snapped out of his thoughts to look back and see Luna staring at him. Her jaw had dropped and she seemed to be amazing.

"You found that reason didn't you?" She said a smile soon growing across her face.

"Huh?" Silver looked at her puzzled as he few towards her and saw behind him a. spiraling blue light was starting to form behind his body. It was a swirl that flowed very uniquely and gracefully behind him as he flew. Soon he was lost in this amazement as he was flying. Faster and faster as the swirl turned into a streak of light blue. He started to fly up and spin in circles as amazed as he was it evaporated and he stopped flying and saw it stop at his tail.

"And that was very worth the time we have spent here..." Luna said clapping her hoofs together smiling as the last of the blue streak was gone. "I honestly didn't think that would work." She said as she flew up to Silver to shake his hoof. "Congratulations subject. We... I am very proud. That was all I could teach you. But I am very glad to have been able to see that at least." Silver quickly hugged her tightly as she smiled and hugged him back.

"Indeed it was marvelous sight to see." Celestia said flying from behind them and joining in the hug. "You have learned almost everything in such a short time. I think... You will be able to learn the rest on your own."

Silver teared a little bit at this and smiled widely. "Thank you princesses. I cannot thank you enough!" He exclaimed.

"It was our pleasure." They both said. "But." Celestia continued. "I want you to continue to visit us when you find the time." She said smiling. "and do show us any new tricks you have learned." Luna added.

"Now get some rest. And tomorrow you shall be sent back home." Celestia said. Silver nodded and hugged them both again saying "Thank you."


When Silver had approached his room he sighed happily. He looked up at the moon and yawned. It had been a good day. And a few weeks had turned into a day. He was happy to have pleased the princesses and walked into his room jumping into his bed.
"I will protect everyone... No matter the cost..." He said as he closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep.