• Published 3rd Jul 2017
  • 7,774 Views, 205 Comments

Spike's custody - Kaliann25



A day like any other, Cheerilee realizes Spike's condition as the Mane-6`s servant, and she won't stay there watching. With a legal process against Twilight, Spike is taken away from her and given the chance to have a real childhood.

  • ...
57
 205
 7,774

On that afternoon she reached bottom, but once you get there you can only go up

Author's Note:

Hi, Kaliann25 here. First of all thank you for following my story even if most of you seem to dislike it. Now, I’m aware this story’s flaws, like I was saying to one of the readers, it had been already pointed out in the original in Spanish. And as I told him too, I wish I did better that time but this story was my first attempt to write drama and I recognize I overdid (especially last chapter) but from this point things will get better to Twilight, I promise.

Read ya’ later!

I know I should do it earlier but here, the link to the original here

On that afternoon she reached bottom, but once you get there you can only go up

The train began to move before the hurt Twilight. So it was true, her own family turned their backs to her. It hurt, yeah, the only reason Twilight didn’t cry more was because she was out of tears. The only one who still stood behind her was Spike.
And lost in her own thoughts, she didn’t notice the shadow over her head until it began raining. She was surprised at first and then she saw Cloud Chaser over a storm cloud right above her.
And again, nopony seemed to support Twilight.

Or almost no pony because suddenly Rainbow Dash tackled Cloud and pushed her back to the ground.

“Don’t dare to mess with my friends Cloud! What’s your damn problem with Twilight?”

“Oh don’t you play innocent, in this town we don’t tolerate those who take advantage of a child! And is not only her but all of you!”

Then it was Cloud who kicked Rainbow precisely at the wing articulation sending her right to the floor. Twilight ran to help Rainbow who rubbed her injured wing while the ponies began to gather around them.

“Shame on you! How can you represent friendship if you treat your family like that?”

“How can you sleep at night?!”

“Get the hell out of Ponyville!”

And kept yelling at the mares much for Twilight’s surprise.

“How long have the things being like this?” Asked Twilight.

“Since Saturday, but mostly they limit themselves to look at us badly; this is new”

The ponies continued booing Twilight and Rainbow, until a voice was heard between the crowd, Cheerilee:

“STOP IT! Seriously, do you want to get us into trouble? Leave them alone!”

The teacher advanced between the very surprised crowd.

“But you were the one who denounced them!!” Objected Caramel.

“I know, and the authorities are already taking care of the problem, damn. And what you get from harassing them? Okay, I get it, you’re outraged by this but I remind you none of us realized what was going on! Stop it!”

“But…”

“Don’t deny it, besides what we have here is an incompetent tutor, at least she never hurt the kid”

So the ponies mumbled and went in separate ways leaving alone Twilight and Rainbow. The purple unicorn couldn’t believe what the teacher just did for her, and was about to thank her but the teacher shook her head.

“I’m still mad at you, but I believe in karma and nothing is lower than kick the fallen”

Twilight lowered her head while Rainbow Dash mumbled an unwilling apology (she was very mad with the teacher for what she had done to Twilight).
But ignoring that, she turned to her friend.

“At least you finally got out of your home. What about we gather the others and do something, anything will do”

Twilight just pressed Spike’s letter (that surprisingly enough haven’t ruined with Cloud Chaser’s rain) against her heart.

“Something made me get out. Now I would love to join you guys but there’s something I must do”

Rainbow looked how Twilight’s eyes recovered part of her stubbornness, at least she was taking the first steps to recover. Twilight smiled back to her friend and walked to the counter.

“One ticket to Canterlot please”


There was an hour between both trains and forty five minutes of journey, more than enough for Twilight to take a shower and think about what she would say to Spike. According to the letters Spike would be living with Shining from now on but the journey to the Crystal Empire was long and tiring so Twilight was pretty sure that Shining and Spike would spend at least one night with their parents. She didn’t mind if she was rejected by her parents, all she needed was to talk to Spike and hug him at least for an instant.

And once she was in Canterlot, the librarian ran to her parent’s home.
Twilight stood in front of the door a little intimidated, but after a quick nod and using Spike’s letter as a talisman, she rang the doorbell.

“Yes?” Asked Twilight Velvet, who froze when she saw her daughter in the entrance.

Twilight used her own magic to force the door open and walk in before her mother could react.

“I know what you said and its fine, but I want to see him now. He’s in here, right? Spike! SPIKE! I DON’T CARE IF I GET INTO TROUBLE, I WANT TO SEE YOU!”

Twilight Velvet was unsure of what to do or say.

“Twilight I…”

Then Twilight showed the note to her mother.

“I want to see him”

Velvet sighed and guided her daughter to the dining room where Night Light and Shining were drinking coffee. They raised an eyebrow at seeing her.

“To hell with the restraining order, I came to see Spike. Where is he? If you want to forget about me its fine, I don’t care as long as I can talk to him one last time”

Velvet offered a chair to her daughter.

“I’m the first one to admit we overreacted and we need to talk, but for now try to calm down”

Twilight sat.

“Where’s Spike?”

“He managed to convince us to stay a couple of days more in Ponyville, but that’s none of your business. Not anymore” said Night Light angrily.

“It is my business”

“Doesn’t seem like it, how could you do it?” Asked Night Light.

“I’m with dad, we all agree you stained our name by betraying your family; the one who loves you the most. How could you do this to him Twilight?” Asked Shining.

“Shining I promise you… it wasn’t my intention!”

The white stallion took a deep breath.

“Okay, then how you permitted the situation escalate to this point?”

Twilight lowered her head.

“I don’t… I don’t know, I swear I don’t know! I… I… I think it all started when we moved out and Spike began to help me with my studies; slowly I got used to depend on him, but in that moment he still went to school regularly. Then we moved to Ponyville during vacation and seeing he was more useful in the library and the house I forgot to send him to school… it wasn’t like I forbid him to go to, but I didn’t thought about it. Then we began to hang out with my new friends and being so good-willing as always Spike started to do favors to all of them, especially Rarity since he have a crush on her; at first he helped just with minor chores and before we knew we ended up in the current situation. I know I should act differently, send him to school and make sure he had friends around his age but I was so concentrated in my studies that I… I ended up neglecting him…”

Velvet frowned.

“When he insisted he wanted to move with you I argued about it, and still don’t know how I ended up agreeing; but I was afraid that you won’t be able to take care of him. You just proved I was right but I never thought he’ll be the one taking care of you instead you of him…”

“I’m so sorry…”

“How could you do this? Spike is our brother, OUR BABY BROTHER FOR CELESTIA’S SAKE!”

“Shining, I was so busy with my…”

“THAT’S NOT AN EXCUSE! YOU COULD ASK CELESTIA TO LEAVE YOU LESS WORK, OR AT LEAST ASK FOR HELP! Do you have any idea how we felt when we received the notification, and what’s worse, when Princess Celestia told us about your talk with Cheerilee. God damn it, and nopony noticed… BECAUSE HE WAS SO HAPPY WITH HIS SITUATION!”

Shining’s anger was almost tangible, he was always very protective with his younger siblings… and seeing how his sister took advantage of their littlest brother was something he couldn’t stand.

“And all because he never knew better than being your servant; I wish you had never moved, at least we still could notice on time but being that far just made thing more difficult for us. At the end you proved to be nothing but a selfish teenager” said Night light angrily.

“Is like you brainwashed Spike to make him happy with his situation, but you didn’t had to use magic to indoctrinate him, do you realize you stole part of his childhood, and he is so innocent that he never noticed?!” Added Velvet.

“That’s what we find unforgivable” said Shining. “You acted like a selfish bitch!”

Shining’s words hurt like a knife; but the stallion realized what he just said and covered his mouth in horror. He sighed.

“And that’s why I didn’t wanted to talk to you, at least for the moment. I knew I would say something I would regret… sorry Twily, but… I’m just so angry…”

Twilight was still looking at him very hurt.
Shining grinded his teeth trying to find the words he needed to apologize, he was very mad at Twilight for what she have done to Spike, but he also couldn’t believe what he had just say. She have made a huge mistake, but she didn’t deserved being treated like that. At the end he was the one who started crying.

“I’m so sorry… I don’t hate you Twily…”

“None of us” said Velvet hugging her daughter. “This is all our fault for allow you this to happen, but you must understand what you did is wrong”

“I had more than enough time to realize, thank you” said Twilight weakly.

“Yeah, we got carried on and forgot this is all about Spike” said Velvet.

Night Light hugged his daughter too.

“Yeah, now we must think what’s best for Spike”

Shining stood apart, still ashamed of himself.

“I can see if we can arrange a supervised visit so you can talk to him without getting into trouble” he suggested.

Twilight looked at him surprised.

“Would you do that?”

“With one condition” said Night Light.

“What?”

“You must be the one who tells them the truth, you must explain to him personally this was no misunderstanding and they took him away from you for a reason. You owe him that much”