• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,245 Views, 12 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season VI - DakariKingMykan



All of Starfleet's prisoners break loose, and a wicked mayor plans genocide

  • ...
81
 12
 1,245

Episode 25: A Royal Duel to the Death: Part 2

“Previously on Starfleet Mavgic…!”

Word of the Royal Argument reached the ears of the public where it was discovered things were heated up between Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia, and they even planned a divorce. Then, Lightning Dawn, tricked into coming to the royal palace in New Canterlot had stumbled into a regular death hunt, as Queen Celestia ruthlessly was in attempt to murder her husband and had gone to such extreme lengths such as weakening his power and trapping he and Lightning within the palace!


EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE

The fighters had been busy all afternoon fighting swarms of monsters that kept popping up all over the place in a regular ambush. Not a single Starfleet fighting on the planet was not called to arms and was then fighting for the safety of the world and the galaxy!

Krysta and her fairies, already realizing the seriousness of this onslaught teleported all civilians in the villages and towns to the Safe Planets where they would have to stay until further notice, but with plenty of supplies, ideal living conditions and extra Starfleet forces to watch over them.

So at least they were safe…

Still… it was really late at night now, and many, many monsters had been defeated and apprehended, but more and more monsters kept coming out all over the place. The Starfleet fighters were growing exhausted.


Even Lightning’s friends were starting to lose their steam.

“All together now!” shouted Starla as she led the unit to powering up their finishers.

The Valkyries of Harmony then all banded together and used their powers to bind a huge swarm of monsters tightly together in one place. “Get ‘em, you guys!” shouted Rainbow.

The Space Ponies and Spike all powered up and fired their finishers. A huge explosion followed, and when the smoke cleared, all the monsters were encased in spheres.

The fighters were all panting by this point. “We… can’t… keep this up… much longer.” said Dyno. “Si…” panted Myte “I wish Lightning was here to help us.”

All the others were worried about Lightning. He hadn’t even written a letter or sent a message explaining his delay.

“If I know Lightning, he’s probably caught up in all the battles too.” said Krysta. “You could be right…” said Starla “…I just hope he’s okay.”


“Uh, guys…” Rainbow called “…More monsters!!”

Sure enough, as many monsters as they had captured, and a few more had appeared, much to the team’s annoyance.

“We can’t keep going like this much longer. Our powers will run out.” said Fluttershy.

The others agreed, after all this time, their powers were at half. “We can’t just give up either…” said Buddy Rose.

“He’s right.” agreed Starla. Then, as acting commander in Lightning’s absence she suggested, “Everyone, just keep going as best as you can. Try not to overexert yourself. Save as much power as you can!”

Everyone agreed leapt back into battle!



Meanwhile, back at the Royal Palace in New Canterlot, Celestia was still searching the palace for her husband so she could finish him off for good. “You can’t hide from me forever.” She said to herself. “You’re going to have to face me sooner or later.”



Lightning carried Grand Ruler all the way to the sickbay. Though the place was deserted of all the medical staff, the supplies and equipment were still present, but with the main power to the palace still out, most of the equipment was useless, but Lightning remembered his medical studies and first-aid training.

He set to work with ordinary swabs, painless rubbing alcohol and an energy transferor, to give his mentor some extra power from himself.

He removed Grand Ruler’s boot, and rolled up the leg of his pants to inspect the wound more closely. He cleaned it up, bandaged it carefully, and then strapped the transferor to golden horn, and the other end to his master’s center horn.


Grand Ruler finally began to awaken. “Lightning…?” he said in a groggily voice “What’s going on? What are you doing?”

“Shh… just take it easy.” Lightning said “I’m fixing you up, and I’ve giving you some of my power to hold you out.”

Grand Ruler began to feel less woozy, and noted the bandage on his leg. It still hurt a bit and needed time to heal, which would have been faster if his power had been full.

“Celestia… she did this!” he grumbled, and he moved to get up, but Lightning urged him to calm down. “Look, we’ve got to stop playing games like this.” he said to him “I’ve got to get you out of this palace right now!”

“You can’t get us out of here-- the barrier, remember?”

“Look, there had to be a way to bring it down, or at least send a message for help.”

Grand Ruler shook his head, “It won’t work. Just as the barrier keeps us in, it also keeps letters and messages from going out. No, the only way to stop it is to get Celestia!”

With that, he yanked the transferor off of him and got back onto his feet. His leg still ached a bit, but he still put his boot back on.

It was in vain that Lightning to argue with him and make him relax. “Don’t try to talk me out of it. I can still fight, and if that’s the only way out of this, so be it.”


Lightning honestly didn’t know how much more of this he could take. “All this over a simple little argument, which you still won’t tell what for!”

Grand Ruler was more concerned with finding a way to defend himself than Lightning’s constant nagging. “The armory…” he said “I’ve got to arm myself. Then maybe I’ll have a better chance.”

Before Lightning could protest, once again, his mentor had left. “Master, wait…!” Lightning called as he raced after him.


As the two ponies ran down the hall, Celestia spotted them, and she had a good idea where they were headed and took a secret route.



Meanwhile, the Valkyries tied up more monsters, and the space ponies and Spike activated their finishers to capture them all into spheres.

“Is… is everyone… alright?” panted Starla, but that was a rather silly thing to ask when it was obvious that all of the fighters were totally exhausted, and their suits were running low on power. “This is it.” groaned Artie “One more hit and we’ll de-energize!”

Pinkie Pie suddenly gasped, and in a goofy stammering, she motioned to the others.

Rhymey looked behind her and gasped…

“Oh…
…No!”

Everyone didn’t even need to look, though they did anyway. “Oh, my…” Rarity groaned, “This cannot be happening!”

“We need back up!” said Rainbow.

“You got it!” called a voice. Rainbow and the others looked up and saw Spitfire leading a squad of the Wonderbolts.

“Don’t forget us.” called another voice. It was shining armor, or rather Saber, and with him was Cadance in her Ninja form, come to help the team more.

“Alright!” cried Starla “This should even the odds a little.”

“We hope…” said Spike.


The Wonderbolts all came together overhead and Spitfire blew her whistle, “Okay, Wonderbolts, SICK ‘EM!!” she shouted, and at her command the Wonderbolts all saluted and soared down to attack the many monsters.

Saber leapt into action to help them, fighting several monsters at once. With his sword in one hand, his chain and sickle in another, and two free arms, he was a ruthless fighter, knocking every creature away.

Cadance, before helping the fighters out, gave Starla and the team special strengthening potions to give them extra power so they could fight longer.

The potion tasted rather nasty, as was expected, but it worked! “Ah, that’s the stuff.” said Appljack. “I feel like I could move a-hundred wagons o’apples.”

“Okay, let’s go!” shouted Starla and the mega brawl continued, but with all the many monsters constantly soaring in, things were not exactly looking up.



Back at the palace, Lightning finally caught up with his majesty. “I remember passing by the armory, and it was still full of weapons and resources.” Grand Ruler said.

“If only the main power was back online, too.” Lightning said, but he said it to himself.


Finally, the armory was just ahead, but as the two ponies entered, they found a horrible sight. The place was in ruins! All the armors, weapons and other things were banged up and damaged, and they saw why. “Celestia!” shouted Grand Ruler.

She had beaten them to the armory by taking the secret passage ways, and had just finished destroying the last of the resources and turned to face her husband and furiously began to shoot at him.

Grand Ruler swerved and dodged each hit, but didn’t actually make any attempt to shoot back at her, mostly due to his power dwindling again. Lightning had hardly given him enough strength to last too long.

“Master, run!” shouted Lightning, and his mentor dashed out the door. Celestia tried to chase him, but Lightning held her up. “No! I won’t let you do this!” he cried.

“Get out of my way!” snarled Celestia, and she used her powerful telekinesis to fling him off to the side allowing her to escape and pursue Grand Ruler.

Lightning growled angrily as he got up. He had lost his hat in the struggle and his cape got caught in the mess of shattered armor and weapons, forcing him to unclip and leave it behind. Then he ran off to find their majesties before something dreadful happened!


Grand Ruler dashed as fast as he could with his sore leg, then decided to fly which would make him got faster, but Celestia caught up with him-- having taken other bends and corners to ambush him-- and they began to brawl hard, punching and kicking one another, though Celestia seemed to have the upperhand with her husband in his weakening condition.

She even reached out and shredded his magical cape; the very one she had made for him as a token of her love for him one-thousand years ago.

Grand Ruler tried to land a hit but couldn’t seem to move as swiftly as he used to and he suffered a brutal beaten.


Lightning came running in, following the sounds of brawling, and he arrived on the scene just in time to see Celestia holding her husband by his throat, and she fired a huge blast at him, send him soaring down the hall followed by a huge explosion that took out half the hallway.

“NO!!!” cried Lightning.

Celestia stood where she was, nearly petrified and horrified by what she had just done, despite her intentions.

“YOU…!!” Lightning shouted. Celestia snapped out of her trance, and seeing how furious Lightning was, she ran for her life, but Lightning sped up and caught up with her, tackling her to the ground. “You monster!” he yelled.

Celestia struggled with all her might, but Lightning actually lifted her up and slammed her back hard into the wall thundering, “You destroyed him! YOU DESTROYED HIM!!”

“You dare attack me, Lightning Dawn…!” she snarled at him, only for Lightning to actually strike her across the face, shutting her up. “Why did you do that…?!” Lightning growled at her. He glared at her dead in the eyes with fury sweat drizzling down his face. “You didn’t have to destroy him! We could have found some way to work all this out, but No… No, you just had to go for the kill, didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU?!!”

Celestia felt her insides shivering the way he was speaking to her. Never had she seen him this infurated. “…I had to do it. Don’t you understand?!”

“All I understand was he was your husband… he loved you… and you destroyed him, and I hope THEY THROW THE BOOK AT YOU!!!”

“It was self-defence!”

Lightning was totally livid! “Self-Defence…? SELF-DEFENCE?!!” he screeched “He was weakening! He was injured! HE had hardly anything to defend himself with, and you just ambushed him!!”

“I’m the Queen!” snapped Celestia “They can’t convict me!”

In response, Lightning grabbed her crown and threw it hard. “They’re going to try. Oh, boy, they are going to try, and I’m going to do everything in my power to help them! As of right now, under the supreme order and code of Starfleet, I AM IN CHARGE OF THIS PLANET!!”

Trying to calm down, and seeing Celestia was now weakened after all that had happened. Lightning dragged her along into waiting room nearby. Then he used the Uniforce to seal off the entire section with a barrier. Even Celestia herself had no way to escape it.

“You’ll stay here as my prisoner until I figure out what to do with you!”

He went away leaving Celestia trapped in the waiting room. Tears of guilt and regret were falling down her cheeks as she fell to her knees.

As for Lightning, he had gone out towards the damaged hallway. There was no doubt what he had seen, and done gave him a nasty set of shocks. It was bad enough to have seen his mentor get blown up like that, but he had just arrested his queen and declared himself in charge of the entire planet.

What a mess he had gotten into!




Speaking of mess…

The fighters were starting to grow tired again, and they had run out of reenergizing potions. To make more would take too much time that they didn’t have.

“How many more monsters can there possibly be?!” cried Fluttershy, and that was when another swarm of creatures came soaring in. “Ya had to ask.” grumbled Applejack.

“What do we do now?” asked Artie, “We each have only a little power left.”

The swarm of monsters were growing in vast numbers. Almost as if every creature from the prison was targeting United Equestria at once. Spike took note of this and realized with all these monsters gathered in one place, it meant the evil and darkness was growing out of hand.

“Wait…!” he suddenly said “That’s it!”

“Spike, what is it, dear?” said Rarity.

“Everyone listen…” Spike called “Transfer any available power you have to me!”

“WHAT?!” everyone shouted. “Spike, are you crazy?” snapped Buddy Rose, but Spike only shot him, practically everyone a clever grin, which made them all realize what he was thinking.

“Let’s do it, everyone…” said Starla, and she along with all the others transferred whatever bit of power they could spare. Some of the other Starfleet fighters heard and offered some of their power too.

This caused their suits to de-energize, but Spike’s power began to peak and shine. “Okay, concentrate!” Spike said as he looked deep down inside him. Thinking about his friends, his loved ones, and how much he wanted to vanquish the evil beasts tormenting them and his home-world.


His dragon heart pulsed heart, and his eyes glowed with a white light. Right there, he transformed in front of everyone, and the monsters all turned their attention to where the light was coming from…!

The sky was illuminated with a bright light, and there he was…!

“The Majestic Dragon…!” Rarity said under her breath!


Spike extended his huge wings and let out a mighty roar, frightening the monsters below.

“Animals…” Spike thundered at them in his majestic voice “Return to the darkness from whence you came or suffer the consequences!”

Many of the monsters, despite the obvious facts, would not go down without a fight and banded together to fight Spike all at once, combining their powers into a massive hyper beam of energy.

“SPIKE!!” cried Rarity.

“FLAMES OF LIGHT!” Spike fired his power at the beam sending it back to all the monsters. KAPOW!! A huge explosion that shook the ground knocking everyone off their feet!

“Hey, Spike, watch it!” Cadance called up to him

“Sorry.” Spike called back, innocently. Nevertheless, he continued to go against all the monsters which gave all the fighters a chance to rest, but would it be enough to hold them all at bay? That was what everyone was thinking!




Back at the palace, Lightning, after having a few moments to himself to regather his strength, though it still hurt him a lot for what was happening. He realized he should inform the people of what was going on.

However, the barrier was still intact around the entire palace. He would have to go back to Celestia and demand she dispel it, but as he walked back down the hall, he heard a small crash. “Who’s there?” he called out.

He walked on ahead, “Who is it? Show yourself!”

He heard another clanking sound from behind him, prompting him to turn swiftly, but he still saw no one.

Then, he turned round again, almost in a panic.

“Easy, Lightning…”

Lightning could hardly believe his eyes. “M… Ma… Master…?! You’re alive, but how I thought…?”

He had scars and bruises all over him, dents in his armor, and spots of dirt all over his suit underneath, and he even had lost of his boots, but he was alive and very much alive.

“I’m not that easy to get rid of. I barely survived that attack.” he said “Where is Celestia? Where is she?”

Lightning, despite not getting an effective answer to how his mentor survived, told him what had happened and how Celestia was sealed up in the waiting room.

“That’s all I needed to know.” Grand Ruler said and he began to walk off for the waiting room. “No, wait…!” cried Lightning, but Grand Ruler wouldn’t wait, much to Lightning’s extreme frustration.

“What do I have to do to get through to him?” he wondered.


However, upon arriving at the waiting room, Lightning’s Uniforce barrier was still intact, but Celestia was nowhere to be seen in the room anywhere. “Impossible!” cried Lightning “How could she have gotten out? I sealed the whole area.”

“Well somehow, she’s escaped!” Grand Ruler said “That means she’ll be coming for me again!”

Lightning didn’t like the sound in his voice “Wait a minute! You’re not still actually thinking of fighting her?”

“Lightning, what choice do I have? She won’t see reason, and she won’t stop until she’s destroyed me! Either way… this ends now!”

His three golden horns glowed, and he actually made a hole in the barrier, since his Uniforce powers were stronger than Lightning’s. Then he shoved Lightning hard into the room.

“Hey!” Lightning shouted, and he turned back to see Grand Ruler reinforcing the Uniforce barrier with his own power, making it ten times as stronger. “What are you doing? Let me out?!!”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t let you interfere again.” Grand Ruler said, and then he ran off to find his wife and finish her off.

Poor Lightning pounded on the barrier, only for it to shock him and thrown him back hard into the wall. Lightning then tried to blast the wall with his own power, but his Uniforce, as it stood, against Grand Ruler’s Uniforce had hardly any effect!

Furiously outraged, Lightning drove his fists hard into the floor making two huge holes, but just as he made it so, the barrier prevented tunneling as well.

Suddenly, he heard a loud explosion coming from outside. He ran to the windows and looked out. There, he could see their majesties outside, and brawling fiercely in midair.

This of course meant the barrier was dispelled, but Lightning could hardly believe what he was watching; the way their majesties were crashing into one another, punching, kicking and blasting, they even roared at one another like two fierce dragons!

Celestia punched Grand Ruler hard in the face, and he Grand Ruler kicked her back in the side. She bit his arm, and he slashed at her leg.

The two deities fired strong blasts at one another sending each other crashing into walls of the palace, yet neither one of them was willing to give in.

“You knew this was coming Celesto!” Celestia called to him.

“Deep down, I had…” he called back to her “I have no alternative.”

“…Neither do I!”

“I WILL DESTROY YOU!!” they both shouted, and their brawl continued, much to the extreme horrors of Lightning!




All the monsters, still refusing to give in after a furious struggle, combined their powers again and fired the huge dark hyper beam at Spike, and he countered it with his light flames.

Another huge explosion and all the monsters fell to the ground, completely exhausted, which gave all the fighters a chance to use whatever power they had left to imprison them. Unfortunately, that last capture left them all panting and groaning.

“I think… I’m going… to faint!” groaned Rarity and she did collapse, but hadn’t fainted.

“I barely have enough strength to pick a flower.” said Buddy Rose.

All the fighters felt the same, even Spike barely had enough lift left and his glow was fading, meaning he was about to de-transform, but as exhausted as he was, he looked up, and his jaw hung wide open at what he saw.

“Spike?” cried Rarity “What is it?”

Everyone else looked up, and their expressions became the same as his. “No…” cried Starla, “It can’t be!” said Shining Armor. “Oh, no… tell me this isn’t happening?!” whimpered Cadance.

…but it was!

In the skies, arriving from space in so many groups on so many dimensional pathways was entire armada of many different monsters, almost all of them were originally from the prison-- dragons, demons, mutants, witches, wizards, orgs, fiends, zombies, humanoid-creatures, and various others-- the rest of which were new monsters allying with the prisoners.

No doubt they had all come to seek their revenge on United Equestria, now that Starfleet’s resources and power levels were extremely low!

This really looked like it was it for everyone!


To Be Continued…!


(Promo)

In our final episode: Having had enough of the harsh brawling, Lightning finally decides to face their majesties himself, but things still don’t look too brightly for United Equestria with the armada of monsters coming in for the kill.

What is the ultimate fate for their majesties, and all of United Equestria?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Final Episode: A Royal Duel to the Death: Final Part”)