• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,245 Views, 12 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season VI - DakariKingMykan



All of Starfleet's prisoners break loose, and a wicked mayor plans genocide

  • ...
81
 12
 1,245

Episode 15: Magical Mishap

EPISODE FIFTEEN

“Let’s go!” shouted Lightning as he and his team-- Starla, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash-- faced off against a huge skeletal-monster dressed like a gladiator escaped from the prison.

“I’ll break your bones!” snarled the creature as he charged forth holding his spear ready for the kill.

“STAR SHOWER!” Starla shouted, and she unleashed her cluster of stars at the creature. The monster just kept on running straight through the cluster of stars, as they didn’t seem to damage him much, but did slow him down…!

“Here I go!” Pinkie cried as she leapt up high right onto the spear, and sprung off of it in a backflip, kicking the monster hard in the face.

“My turn now!” said Rainbow, and she flew way up high and came crashing down hard, “SONIC RAINBOOM!”

KAPOW!! What a shot! What a colorful explosion… and what a mess too! Rainbow’s attack left the creature all smashed to pieces and his bones lay scattered all about. “Ha-Ha!” Rainbow cheered “Now who’s laughing?”

She got her answer as the head of the creature laughed wickedly, rising magically up off the ground and gathering all his bones together reforming his body. “That’d be me… punk!” he sneered.

Rainbow couldn’t believe it and backed away from the snarling skeleton-guy.

“Rainbow, move, quick...!” Lightning shouted. Rainbow looked round and saw Lightning was all powered up for a big blast, and she quickly jump way up high.

“UNIFORCE!” Lightning unleashed a small waved of his power, hitting the creature hard and sent him soaring back, back like a projectile.

“Now Krysta…!” Lightning hollered, and Krysta appeared right in the path of the creature coming straight at her, and she quickly used her powers to conjure a portal. The creature crashed right through it and was sent off to planet Conva, landing in a jail cell.


“GOAL…!!” Krysta cheered, and the others joined her in their victory. Especially Pinkie, she leapt for joy throwing confetti all over. “How many does that make, Lightning?”

“Well according to my last calculations…” Lightning said, and he paused a moment and did some counting on his fingers “That should be just a little under thirty percent of all the prisoners.”

Pinkie and Rainbow gasped, “THIRTY PERCENT?!” she exclaimed in disbelief. “You mean after all this time we’ve hardly gotten so far yet?” Rainbow asked.

“I’m afraid not, Rainbow.” replied Lightning.

Starla nodded and added that they had been receiving reports from many of the Starfleet forces for outer space, “they’ve been working hard to round up many of the criminals too, and some of the criminals have even reported to have died of old age, but that still leaves a lot of them left.”

Rainbow and Pinkie felt worse than ever, and felt it would be a very long time before all would be declared safe again.

“We know how you two feel.” said Krysta “We don’t feel any different, but we have to keep up the pace, even if it means tracking those criminals all over.”

Pinkie Pie looked way up into the sky and said “It’s a BIG galaxy though.”

The others joined her looking up at the sky and Lightning lamented “Yes, Pinkie… it is.”


Soon afterwards, Lightning and Starla had returned home to catch up on some work, such was their life being such high ranking officers! Rainbow also wanted to go and perfect her aerial moves in the field for future battles.

So Pinkie Pie decided to kick back and head into town on her own. “Now, what should I do today?” she wondered to herself “I could bake a huge cake, or go play with the children, or maybe…” she stopped when she passed by a lamppost with a poster on it saying Abra Kadabra and his assistant Trixie would be performing a magic show in town that day in under an hour.

Pinkie’s eyes glistened with delight and she bounced up and down with excitement going, “Oh, I love Abra’s magic shows. I love ‘em! I love ‘em! I love ‘em!

Hey, maybe I’ll even get to see them before the show starts.”


Just then, a seemingly elder unicorn stallion, wearing a simple brown beggar’s cloak and hold a cane came up to her and asked. “Excuse me, my dear. I could not help but overhear you are headed to Abra Kadabra’s performance.”

“That’s right.” Pinkie said “I know them both very well. We’re really good friends.”

“You are…?” asked the pony “Very interesting.”

“Oh, well, I guess it’s a talent.” Pinkie said “I’m Major Pinkie Pie, and when I’m not on duty, I’m out making so many new friends that I just can’t get enough of it.”


The pony scratched his chin, almost acting smug, and then he held out a small box to Pinkie and said “If you would, would you kindly give this to Abra and Trixie. I would give it to them myself, but I am afraid I have much to do today and cannot attend the show.”

Pinkie took the box and gave it a little shake wondering what was inside.

“Please… do not do that!” cried the pony “It is a very expensive gift for two dear friends of mine, Abra and Trixie.”

When Pinkie heard him say that he was a friend… that was all she needed to hear. “In that case, you can count on me.” she said, and she saluted with pride saying “Major Pinkie Pie… at your service… um… uh… Oh, what’s your name?”

“Oh, how rude of me… my name is Kazam: Ala Kazam.”

“Okay, I’ll give this to them right away.” said Pinkie “Nice meeting you.”

As she bounced on her way, Ala snickered softly.



In town-square, Abra’s traveling caravan was all set up, and many ponies were already gathered egear for the show to begin. Some of the male ponies were even hoping to get a glance at Trixie.

“She’s so beautiful!”

“She’s come a long way.”

Other mares were hoping to see Abra.

“He’s so handsome!”

“Does he have a mare-friend?”

“I know it’s not Trixie.”


Meanwhile, Trixie was in her dressing-van applying the last of her makeup, a little powder, a little eye-liner. “Lookin’ pretty good.” she said to herself. She used to ogle at her reflection endlessly and boats to others of how pretty she looked before any performances, which badly cut into her stage timing, but since her apprenticeship with Abra, people hardly remembered her old ways at all.

She really had come a long way since her first redemption.


Just then, there was a knock at her door. “Yes…?”

“Hi!” Pinkie called as she came in.

“Pinkie Pie…!”

“Trixie…!”

The girls shared a friendly hug. They chatted a minute catching up on old times, and Pinkie gave Trixie the gift.

Trixie opened the box, and inside was a large purple flower, a kind of rose, on a long stem. “Oh, wow! It’s so beautiful.” said Trixie as she took the flower. At the same time, Abra came in to call her ready for the show.

Trixie held out the flower, “Hey, Abra… look what Pinkie gave me…” and she proceeded to sniff it.

Abra took one glimpse of the flower and shouted, “Trixie…! No, don’t!!” but Trixie had already sniffed the flower, and immediately began to feel woozy and began to pass out. “Trixie…!” Abra cried as he caught her in his arms and the rose fell to the floor.

Pinkie felt horrified “What’s happened?” she cried as she helped Abra place Trixie flat on the sofa. Abra turned back to face the fallen rose, which he knew all too well from his studies of magic and illusions. “The Nightshade Rose!” he picked it up “They used to exist on The Dark Planet where Lord Titan was imprisoned. Pinkie Pie, where did you get this?”

Pinkie told him about Ala Kazam whom had given her the box with the flower, “He said he was an old friend of yours and it was a gift.”

Abra’s features hardened, “Ala Kazam…!” he looked as if he was in a deep angered trance “You have been most badly deceived, Pinkie Pie. Ala Kazam is no friend of mine. He is one of my fearsome rivals; my deadly enemy!”

Pinkie gasped, “But, he seemed so kind and friendly.”

“Things are not always what they seem, Pinkie.”

Pinkie felt really awful, and dumb for not obeying the basic Starfleet ways: Always beware strangers bearing gifts, and scan the item first as it could be deadly.

Abra explained the he and Ala Kazam had been rivals since United Equestria was formed and the space ponies came to live amongst the Equestrians. He was once a proud illusionist, but rather shady and seemed to care more about power and profit than the joy of entertaining and making people happy.

When Abra outranked him in the class of world-known magicians, due to his kind nature and astonishing bedazzlements, Ala lost many admirers and fans and eventually became washed up. Though Abra politely offered to help him, Ala refused and instead vowed to get even with him one day!

“This cursed rose is his way of revenge.” Abra said, throwing the rose to the ground and zapping it with his wand. Sadly, doing this did not help Trixie as she lay on the sofa in a deep sleep. “What’s happened to her?” cried Pinkie.

“One sniff of the Nightshade Rose casts a deadly curse upon its victim. Trixie is merely unconscious now, but the longer she remains under this spell, the worse it will get. She will begin to grow very ill, and eventually… she may very well perish!”

Pinkie was on the verge of tears, feeling so ashamed. “It’s all my fault!” she said tearfully “Trixie…!”

Abra had no choice but to cancel the show. He hated to disappoint the gathered crowds, who were anxious to see the show, but he simply refused to perform without Trixie, plus he wasn’t in the mood and his first priority was to help his assistant get better.

The crowds were disappointed, but many were more than understanding when they heard Trixie had fallen ill, and they all got full refunds for their tickets.

While Pinkie Pie looked after Trixie, still feeling regretful for what happened, Abra searched through his books, anything he had about the Nightshade Rose, and hoped to find a cure.

“There is a cure!” he cried out.

Pinkie zipped right at him, and bounced anxiously crying “What is it! What is it! What is it?!”

“There is a potion that can be mixed to counteract the curse of the rose.” He looked over the list of ingredients “Oh, dear. I have all but one vital part of the potion needed; the crushed petals of the Golden Sunflower.”

“The Golden Sunflower…?”

“It is a magical flower, grown only in far depths of New Everfree Forest. Its petals contain the essence similar to that of the warm light of dawn. Without this flower, I cannot complete the potion.”

Pinkie clenched her fists tight, “Then I’ll go get it!”

“What?”

“I have to. It was my fault Trixie is in danger, so I have to fix this. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

“But Pinkie, wait…!” but Abra was too late, Pinkie had already dashed out the door. “Oh, the poor thing…!”



As Pinkie soared off, she was being watched but someone from the shrubs-- Ala Kazam! “I won’t let that meddlesome pony interfere with my plan.” he sneered, and he looked behind me “…I have a new job for you! Are you ready?”

…A large hulking creature growled softly, but nodded in acknowledgement.


Pinkie flew as fast her wings could ever go, and she was at New Everfree in seconds and began to search frantically… from the air. “Wait!” she said suddenly, “I’ll never find the flowers from up here.”

So she soared back to the entrance of the forest and decided to venture in on foot add while the forest seemed just as frightful as ever, Pinkie didn’t seem to mind at all. She had to do this, for Trixie!

She reached into her pocket, pulled out a headband, and drew a few marks on her face with the mud on the ground, “Alright, it’s go-time!”


All around the forest, Pinkie looked high and low, here and there, all around. She found jagged rocks, fallen logs, and she heard a lot of strange sounds, but no a sign of the flower she was looking for. Still, her determination remained unfazed, so she kept on looking…

…and she still didn’t find the flower, and she was starting to feel a little tired, abut more upset. “Oh, this isn’t getting me anywhere.” She said to herself, and she then she shouted way out loud “…WHERE ARE YOU GOLDEN SUNFLOWER?!!”

Her voice echoed all through the forest making flocks of birds fly and other creatures look up in fright.

Then, who should approach her but Zecora…

“What has caused you to make such a shout?
What is all of dis even supposed to be about?” she asked.

Pinkie explained her situation, “I’ve got to find that flower, or Trixie will be in real danger. I just gotta find it! Do you know where it is? Oh, please say you do? SAY YOU DO!!”


Zecora straightened her hair that got ruffled in Pinkie’s shouting.

“Da golden flower, I know where it is
I can take you there in a quick whiz.
But dere is somethin’ you must know
To get da flower won’t be easy so…”

Pinkie, overcome with anxiety to get that flower and help Trixie was as impatient as ever and demanded “Please… Just take me to the flower! I’ll worry about everything else later.”

Zecora tried and tried to warn Pinkie, but Pinkie insisted they start going and that time was running out. Zecora saw no alternative but to take Pinkie along through the forest.


Through the brush and thickets they walked, and Pinkie was growing more impatient and desperate to get that sunflower.

Finally, they arrived in a secret clearing deep within the forest, only to find nothing was there. No trees, no rocks, not even a single leaf… and defiantly no flower. “What is this?!” Pinkie shouted “I thought you said you knew where the flower was?!”

“And I do…” said Zecora…

“Da flower dat you seek can be found only around here
However, it is hidden in a place dat you cannot see as clear.
Dere are only a few can open up da way…
Those who know da secret words, which I shall now say…”

She cleared her throat, hummed deeply for a moment and recited a strange chant…


“Ferrasam… Lintak… Omasis… Weverno… E’atony… Rofmeck!”


The winds began to blow softly as the ground glowed bright, much to Pinkie’s astonishment. Suddenly, there was a great glow that came from the ground, so bright, that Pinkie had to block her eyes.

When she looked again, there it was… the Golden Sunflower, and it was just as gold and as beautiful as the picture in Abra’s book: It looked just a like a regular sunflower, but its center was bright yellow and its petals glistened with a golden glowing.

“Wow!” Pinkie cried “It’s so pretty. I’ve got to get it back to Trixie now!”

“No, wait…!” cried Zecora, but Pinkie already reached to pluck the flower… but the flower did not budge, not even an inch. Pinkie pulled and grunted… then she panted wearily. The flower just wouldn’t come out… almost as if it didn’t want to be picked. Even its petals wouldn’t come off… the part which Pinkie needed the most.

“I tried to warn you about dis flower.
It is gifted with a truly magical power.” said Zecora.

Through her rhymes, she explained how the magic flower was sought by many for its golden petals --as they were gold and valuable enough, but its magical properties were worth even more- The flower did not like to be picked by those of greed or those who were brash. Only if the flower judged you to be pure, and your thoughts as golden as its petals would it allow you to pluck it, and a new flower would grow instantly.

“But I really need the flower!” cried Pinkie “If I don’t get it, I can’t help Trixie get better.”

“Dat may be your intentions true,
But da flower… I don’t think it believes you.
You acted rather rashly,
And you behaved so brashly.”

Pinkie thought back, and finally realized how impatient she had been behaving, especially towards Zecora when she tried to warn her about this.

Pinkie sagged to the ground and hung her head in shame, “I'm… so sorry. I was just so desperate to save Trixie. It’s my fault she ended up cursed.”

Zecora put her hand on Pinkie’s shoulders to comfort her, but suddenly the winds softly picked up, and she looked concerned.

“What, what is it?” asked Pinkie.

“Da spirits sense somthin’ near,
Somethin’ evil and nasty I fear.”

Pinkie looked all around, “I don’t see anything.” and then… there was a loud growling sound as a huge monster leapt out from the brambles and brush.

The ladies shrieked at the very sight of it; this creature was a plant type, more than twice their sizes, covered in vines with thorns, and a large man-eating pod for a head.

The pod opened wide revealing sharp thorns and a large eye on a tentacle in the center which glared at the ladies, but stared directly at the flower with a nasty gaze. The creature couldn’t speak, but it didn’t have to for Pinkie to guess it was here to cause trouble.

“Protect the flower…!” cried Pinkie “…I’ll handle this thing!”

Zecora agreed and resealed the flower away, while Pinkie transformed, “Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!”

Once transformed, she scanned the creature with her visor. “Hmm, no data…! He’s a new one. I’ll call him Pod.” She scanned the creature further, and the signs showed it had extraordinary strength, and plant-based attacks, but also… the creature was under the effects of hypnosis.

“This should be easy.” Pinkie said, and she cracked her knuckles ready for action. She charged forth roaring like a fierce warrior, but Pod launched two strong vines snaring her by the wrists and flung her to the side into a tree. “Okay, maybe not…” Pinkie said as she rubbed her head.

She leapt out of the tree and charged at Pod again, skillfully evading the vines Pod sent at her. “Here I come, ready or not!” Pinkie shouted, and she leapt up for a flying kick, but Pod suddenly opened his huge pod-like head and fired a barrage of thorns at her. Sparks flew and Pinkie fell to the ground.

Still, Pinkie refused to give up knowing she had to protect the flower.


Pod then glared and growled at Pinkie stomping towards her. Poor Pinkie scooted away inch by inch. Zecora could only watch in fear… even if she didn’t have to protect the flower, she was no fighter and couldn’t help Pinkie.

As she saw Pinkie backed up against a tree and Pod right in front of her, and the snarling creature looked ready for the kill, when suddenly…!

WHAMM!! Rainbow soared in and kicked the creature hard sending it rolling along the ground.

“You okay?” Rainbow asked as she helped Pinkie up “I was passing overhead and I saw the danger.”

“I’m fine… most excellent timing.”


The girls stood together ready to brawl as Pod got up and snarled at them.


As the battled continued, Zecora knew as well the creature was under hypnosis which led her to believe there was more to this than met the eye. So she focussed very deeply trying to connect to the creature’s inner soul.


The girls attempted to rush the creature, but got snared by the vines, and were whirled like lassos then slammed hard on the ground.

The girls felt dizzy with stars swirling round their heads. “Okay! That’s it! Now I’m mad!” snarled Rainbow. “Me too!” added Pinkie, and they teamed up together for a double flying kick, and bashed the creature hard sending it skidding along the ground.

“Alright!” shouted Pinkie.

“Now, let’s get him!” said Rainbow.


“No, wait…!” shouted Zecora, and the girls skidded to a halt to listen to what she had to say…

“Dat monster may seem brash and bold,
But he is bein’ mind controlled.
I looked at his spirit from deep within,
Perhaps it’d better if you un-brainwashed him.”


The girls hesitated for a moment, but keeping in mind that the creature was under hypnosis meant it was probably just following orders from some unknown source. “I say we try.” said Pinkie. Rainbow nodded, and they both concentrated hard until their cutiemarks began to shine.

“VALKYRIA…!!” they both shouted and donned their Valkyrie outfits, just as Pod rose up and began to charge at them.

Rainbow and Pinkie held out their swords and joined together concentrating the magic of their elements, “HARMONY BEAM!!”

The ray of light shone from their blades directly onto the creature. The creature roared and growled, and a strange glow of yellow light, the hypnosis, seemed to seep right out of him and shatter to bits.

“I think that did it...” said Rainbow.


The creature then looked confused, almost like a little lost dog. It didn’t even seem half as fierce anymore, nor willing to fight.

“Well this sure is different.” said Pinkie.

Unfortunately, the creature still could not speak normally, and the ponies had no idea how to communicate with it, but now that it wasn’t hypnotized anymore, Zecora was able to use her spiritual connections to look deep within the creature’s mind again…

…Then she smiled softly.

“He doesn’t seem to remember too much, see
But he does wish to go home to his family.”

“Aw, the poor guy…” cried Pinkie. Even Rainbow couldn’t help but feel sensitive, as well as amazed that a big snarling creature like that could be so docile.


Suddenly, the Golden Sunflower appeared again, and Zecora hadn’t even said the magic words. The flower was now glowing brighter than ever, towards Pinkie, almost as if it were calling to her.

Zecora realized…

“Da flower seems to recognize your good deed,
It now believes that you are not a creature of greed.”
You fought to protect it, and your actions now are pure
For da sweet kindness you are showing dis creature.
Now it will let you take it in peace,
To help your poor friend and set your mind at ease.”

Pinkie approached the flower, and plucked it softly… right from the ground, and just as promised a second golden flower grew instantly in place of the other one, and sealed itself away again.

Pinkie’s eyes flooded with tears of happiness when normally she’d be jumping all around and shrieking with joy. It took her a few moments to snap to her senses. “I’ve got to get this to Trixie right away.” she said, and then she took off leaving Rainbow and Zecora to deal with the docile creature.

“Come on, we’ll get you home soon.” Rainbow said, and though she was not arresting the creature, she used a simple capture spell form her energizer to harmlessly encase the creature in a sphere to make him easier to take with her to get it help.

“See ya, Zecora.” And then she flew off leaving Zecora to sigh and feel relieved that everything was fine.



Pinkie reached the magic caravans in moments with the flower in hand. “Hang on, Trixie, I’m coming.” she called, but as she ran up towards Trixie’s van… a small ray of light zapped at the flower in her hand destroying it to ashes. “AAAHH!!” Pinkie screamed, “Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no…!!”

“Oh, yes…” hissed a familiar voice. Pinkie looked up and saw HIM!! “…Ala Kazam!”

Ala snickered wickedly “That’s as far as you go now, you meddlesome pony!” That’s when he pulled off his cloak, a slick magician’s change, and revealed his true self…!

Ala Kazam: A tan colored unicorn with a long mustache and wearing a purple robe with a black cape, a wizard’s hat, and holding a staff in his hand. His cutiemark was that of black stars indicating his evil magic.

Pinkie’s features hardened as she glared the evil magician down, “I’ll get it was YOU that hypnotized that monster!”

“You catch on very quickly, for one who fell for my tricks before.” hissed Ala, and he admitted to hypnotizing that creature when he saw it had the Nightshade Rose, which he figured would be perfect to get his vengeance on Abra Kadabra. “I wasn’t about to let you stop me, yet you defeated my creature and set him free. I’ll have to carry out my vengeance myself now, but first… you shall pay for having interfered with me!”

The two ponies looked ready to brawl, but suddenly…

POOF!! Abra appeared in a puff of smoke.

“Abra!” cried Pinkie.

“Abra!” growled Ala.

Abra glared angrily at his foe and sneered “Ala Kazam, it is YOU who shall pay for interfering!”

Ala laughed wickedly, “I’ve been waiting for this for a long time!”

Abra then gazed at Pinkie, “I will handle this, Magician-to-Magician!”

Pinkie reluctantly stood aside and the two magicians stood staring each other down like cowboys ready for the fast draw.

Abra waved his wand once saying, “Remember the first rule of magic: Things are not always what they seem.” Then, in a magical glow, there were three Abra.

“See if you can guess…” said one.

“Which of us is your true target.” said another.

“Choose wisely!” said all three.

This only made Ala Kazam laugh even more, “I have seen this trick of yours before…” and he waved his staff and zapped all three Abra’s at once, destroying them all.

“No!!” cried Pinkie.

Ala then turned to face her “That’s one down and now for you little fool!”

“It is YOU who are the fool, Ala!” shouted Abra.

Ala turned and saw him. “You…!” and he fired a magical blast from his staff. “NOW…!!” Abra shouted as he took off his hat and held it out front so the blast went into the hat, and Trixie appeared in a magical flash, and removed her wizard hat. The magical blast came right out of it and hit Ala hard knocking his staff away and himself to the ground.

“Trixe…!” cried Pinke “You’re all better…?!”

Trixie turned and winked at her “I’ve never felt so good before.”

Ala tried to reach for his staff, but someone stepped onto his hand, Lightning, and he was with Starla; both of them looking down at the fallen magician and Lightning said, “And now for the finale... I and my lovely assistant will place this magician under arrest!”

Ala knew he was beaten, knowing he could never hope to outmatch Starfleet, and had no choice but to go quietly.

"How did you guys do that?" Pinkie asked, but Abra and Trixie smiled smugly and Abra reminded her, "Pinkie... a good magician never reveals their secrets."


After Ala was turned over to the authorities, Pinkie could still hardly believe Trixie was all better, “But how?” she asked “I didn’t get the flower to you, and Abra said he didn’t have it.”

Abra chuckled, “I was trying to tell you, just because I didn’t have didn’t mean others didn’t. I merely contacted the hospital, and they did have the necessary ingredients to make the potion. Then, after a single spray Trixie was all fine again.”

Trixie nodded, and Pinkie felt really silly. “So… I went through all that trouble for nothing?!”


“No, not for nothing.” said Starla “Rainbow told us how you tried so hard to get the flower, and how you battled that Pod creature.”

Lightning nodded, “So while maybe you didn’t help Trixie, you did help us catch a dangerous crook, and saved that Pod creature at the same time too. Now the creature’s been sent back to its home-world on Herboss, the Jungle planet, where it won’t be kidnapped or brainwashed again… and it’s all thanks to you. Well done, Pinkie Pie.”

Trixie then approached her and said “And... thanks for at least trying to help me. That really means a lot to me.”

Pinkie smiled warmly and blushed.



That night, Abra and Trixie did their performance, and they invited Pinkie to come on stage to assist in an act… the sawing a pony in half trick.

The trick went wonderfully, and in the end Pinkie to a well-deserved bow, not just for her assistance, but for making a huge difference and having good intentions that day.

(Promo)

In our next episode: Princess Avyanna returns with a scheme to get Starfleet on her terms and human Mykan Stevens to the altar, a plot that could very well involve the safety of the entire galaxy. Meanwhile, Mayor Windy Bag is finally ready to unleash her ultimate scheme on United Equestria and Pony Mykan Stevens.

What will United Equestria do about these treacherous plots?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next episode: “Part 1: Rough Engagements!”)