• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,245 Views, 12 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season VI - DakariKingMykan



All of Starfleet's prisoners break loose, and a wicked mayor plans genocide

  • ...
81
 12
 1,245

Episode 9: Color You Surprised

EPISODE NINE

A week had passed since Lightning put the order into effect, and everyone did as was said and stayed away from White Tail Mountain, knowing of the dangers involved. However, the news about Mykan Stevens, the pony, was circulated between Starfleet personal and not released to the public for fear of causing panic and misunderstanding; what if people wrongfully accused the human Mykan Stevens?

Further investigations would have to be carried out, and the night patrols were ordered to keep a sharper eye out after dark if Pony Mykan went poking through garbage cans again. Unfortunately there were not too many soldiers available to cover large areas as Starfleet had to be alert in case more of the escaped prisoners attacked.

Aside from all that, life still continued, and as nervous as the inhabitants of United Equestria were regarding the situations, their faith in Starfleet remained unshaken, and they continued to go about their lives.



At the Royal Palace in New Canterlot, Cadance and Shining Armor had spent days going through medical examines to determine whether or not they could survive the procedure to create an artificial baby.

Dr. Penny herself had been summoned to supervise the examinations, and when all was done, the results revealed it was still highly risky for Shining Armor and Cadance to go through the procedure, but regardless how much everyone tried to talk them out of it, the two insisted on going ahead.

“Are you both sure about this?” Celestia asked again, “I just hate to think of what would happen if… if you…”

“We understand how you feel.” said Shining Armor. His wife nodded and said “But, this isn’t just for us. If we’re going to maintain the proper tradition for the New Crystal Empire, we need to have a biological child, and this is the only way.”

Grand Ruler was ever so nervous. Nearly every shred of his insides were telling him to call it off and not let them, but this was one of those times when he knew he just couldn’t.

“Well, you two better get ready then.” he said “We’ll begin the procedure immediately. The sooner the better…”

The couple bowed to their aunt and uncle and went off to change into hospital gowns.


“Celesto, I’ve never been so worried before.” Celestia said. “But I have…” her husband said “I remember when you went into surgery, when you were very ill, and I nearly lost you. Now it’s happening again, but we must be brave for Shining Armor and Cadance. They have asked for this, and there is really nothing much we can do to stop them.”

Celestia felt deeply moved what she had just heard, but she still held his hand tightly for comfort.


Outside the palace, a stranger appeared on the very peak of the tallest tower, the one where Princess Luna stood on the terrace for her duties in watching the night, and he placed a medium-sized jewel directly on the tip of the tower’s flag post.

The creature snickered, and waved his hand over the jewel. The jeweled began to glow, “It won’t be long now.” the creature hissed, and then he fled.


Meanwhile…

Lightning, Starla, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie had just rounded up a few more prisoners that had tried to attack the planet and were now at the Cakes’ café for a well-earned milkshake and rest break.

“Well, I guess we showed them.” Lightning said.

“Totally!” cried Pinkie, and she began to hop around punching and kicking the air like a crazy pony, “Hiya, hey! Take that you monster!”

Even Rainbow Dash was psyched for another brawl, “Just let those prisoners come at me, I’ll Rainboom them so hard they’ll practically run back to their cells.”

Lightning and Starla gawked at the girls awkwardly, “Well, at least they’re in good spirit.” said Starla.

Lightning nodded, but then they heard someone practically shout “I said I want another!”

The friends turned and saw Artie sitting a few tables behind and with a ton of empty milkshake glasses on his table, and Cupcake suggesting “Artie, don’t you think you’ve had enough?”

“I’ll tell you when I’ve had enough!” Artie sneered, and he gave her his money, “Milkshake… please!!”

Cupcake didn’t wish to argue, seeing how upset Artie seemed, and was back in a heartbeat with three more milkshakes. Artie could only sigh as he drank.


“What’s up with him?” Rainbow wondered.

Pinkie Pie didn’t like it to see one of her friends down in the chops for whatever reason. “I think it’s time for a good friend to step in.”

“Uh, wait, Pinkie…” Lightning said, but Pinkie had already bounced her way over to Artie. “Why so glum, chum?” she asked.

Artie sighed, “It’s horrible, Pinkie. Some of the creatures who come to my gallery have been complaining about not seeing anything new lately, and they’re right. It’s time I made some new paintings or sculptures for my displays… except… for the first time; I cannot think of anything to make.”

Pinkie gasped in shock, and the others heard what was said and could hardly believe their ears. Artie was usually bustling with inspiration, and he had never had a case of creative-block like this before, but this was not why he was drowning in milkshakes.

“I remember a long time ago, when I was living on my home planet Monotane, just when I was starting to get into art, my grandfather taught me a cute song to help me if ever I got stuck… but I don’t remember it. I’ve been so busy and stressed out by the attacks, the excessive patrols, and other things, my mind just went blank.”

The others understood. Artie had plenty memories of his grandfather, being the only relative who ever showed him kindness over his greedy and obnoxious parents, and not remembering the song was obviously reminding him of how much he missed him.

“All I know is the song is about Color…” said Artie “But, I don’t remember what else. Think of Color...? Dream of Color…? Color with Color...? Oh!”

His friends hated seeing him so down and frustrated. “You’ve just been working too hard.” said Starla, “Yeah, I’m sure it’ll come back to you.” added Rainbow.

“In the meantime, let’s see a smile.” Pinkie said as she pulled Artie’s face so he smiled, but the second she let go it twisted back to its downer state, much to her dismay. “This is going to be harder than I thought.”


Back at the palace, Cadance and Shining Armor were already under the anesthetic and the procedure was underway. Dr. Penny supervised in the extraction.

It was a really long struggle due to Cadance and Shining Armor being so fragile and the doctors took extreme caution not to botch anything. A single mistake would possibly kill either patient.

“Keep it steady.” Penny instructed as the extraction continued. “…Pulse?”

The monitor pony checked the controls, “Pulses normal, breathing on both of them steady.”


Grand Ruler and Celestia watched from the operating theater seats above. Both of them sweating nervously, and Celestia gripped her husband’s hand a little too tight. “Celestia… please!” he groaned.

She let him go, “Sorry.”

Princess Luna, also with them, cautioned her sister, “Stay strong, have faith in the doctors.”


Suddenly, the heart monitors began to go crazy. “Dr. Sillon!” cried one of the assistants. “Decrease voltage, quick!” snapped Penny.


Their majesties began to panic silently, but they calmed down when the monitors and the doctors calmed down.

Penny then held up two glass vials, each containing the extracted materials from Cadance and Shining Armor. The two were alright, but still fairly weak and needed time to rest and wake up.

They were transferred to a quiet room, both still sleeping very peacefully. Even Penny herself was ever so relieved, “That’s as close as I ever want to cut it.”

Their majesties gave her their commendations, and Penny was grateful, but this was only the first step. Even with the material gathered from Shining Armor and Cadance, the question still remained: Could a child actually be created?

“I’ve had the vials sent straight to the labs,” Grand Ruler said “With the instructions I have given, Professor Brain and his workers will do whatever they can, but it’s all in the hands of fate now.”

Suddenly, they all heard Captain Shaina enter the room, “Pardon me…” she said “But, Dr. Sillon may I see you a minute?”

Penny and the others turned round, and what they saw when they looked at her made them gasp. “Captain Shaina?!” cried Celestia. It was her, but she had lost all her color. He coat, her mane, her clothes, even her lance all were a dull shade of gray, and behind her, several of the palace guards and staff were all in the same condition. Now, everyone was really concerned.


Meanwhile, Artie’s gallery was closed that day, but he allowed his friends in to take a walk with him and look at some of his and other masterpieces sent in by others.

“Oh, look at this! Look at that!” Pinkie squeaked as she pointed at every single painting and sculpture she spotted. Some she didn’t even understand.

Rainbow liked the painting of the Wonderbolts, but was surprised to see the name signed under it, “Spitfire painted this?” she asked in disbelief. “Of course she did,” said Artie “Art is for everyone, even those who don’t seem like it, and besides she has a life outside the Wonderbolts, even if you don’t see it, it is there.”


As the friends continued to look around, they were enamoured by the many art displays. Pinkie Pie took a liking to one of the sculptures of a pony posing as a thinker, and tried to pose herself in the same position, only to fall down flat. “I’m good.” she said.

Lightning and Starla were gazing at some of the paintings of space sent in by other ponies, but Starla criticised some of them. “This constellation should be over here, and this star-system is missing a moon, and this purple comet should be a tad bit more up.”

Lightning whispered to Artie, “Meet my wife, the astronomy queen.”

“Just as long as she doesn’t say those things to the one who painted that...” Artie teased.

The boys giggled, but then Artie began to ponder, “Now why can’t I remember that song? Was it Talk of Color? Sing of Color? No, no…”

“Poor, Artie.” Lightning said, “There’s got to be some way to help him out.” added Starla.

“Maybe I could give him a big party, to cheer him up.” Suggested Pinkie, followed by a throwing of confetti and her tooting a noise-maker. “Uh… Not a bad idea Pinkie, but not a good one either.” said Rainbow.

Poor Pinkie, he part hat flopped forth, “Oh, well. It was worth a try.”

Suddenly, they all heard Artie scream from down the hall. They all rushed up to him, and saw him gawking and pointing in horrors at some of the paintings on the wall.

“What the?!” cried Rainbow.

Pinkie rubbed her eyes, and even put drops in them and took out a pair of glasses she did not really wear to see if she was looking clearly. “Um, didn’t those paintings used to have color?”

“They did…” said Lightning “I saw these paintings myself.”

Artie was at a near loss for words, and he picked the paintings-- a picture of a simple meadow of flowers-- off the wall to examine them more closely, but he couldn’t tell anything different at first. The painting used to have so many colors, but now it was just a dull shade of gray. “This is so not how a painting should look.”

“Um… guys…” Rainbow said.

“What is it?” Lightning asked, but he and the others could see; more paintings along the wall were losing their color; just fading away into shades of gray. Even the walls were starting to look gray, and the floors.

Starla then leapt up high and looked out one of the high windows, and she gasped, “Lightning! You better look at this!”

Lightning flew up to his wife and looked out the windows dome in the ceiling, “Galloping Galaxies! All of New Ponyville is turning gray!”

The streets were turning gray, all the planets were slowly losing their color, and even the sky itself went from bright blue to dull gray. Then, the ponies themselves began to lose their color, and began freaking out, and even Lightning and the others lost their colors.

“AAAAHH…!! Look at me!!” cried Pinkie, and she bounced around panicking like crazy “I’m not pink anymore! I have to be pink! I’M PINKIE PIE!!”

Rainbow picked her ears, “Uh, yeah… I think we got that.”

Actually, she too felt just as freaked out, and suddenly they all could feel a shadow looming over them. They looked up through the dome and saw someone nasty looking gazing down at them.

He was a simple human shaped creature with dark navy blue skin, orange eyes, and wearing a multicolored trench coat, and judging by the fact that he was still in color told the others he was responsible.

“All the color on this planet now belongs to me, Spectrum!”

Pinkie and Rainbow gawked at one another with weird expressions, “Spectrum…?” they both said, “What kind of name is that?” Rainbow asked.

Spectrum merely scoffed, not caring much about that, not that it mattered that everyone already knew he was up to no good, and they all transformed.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

“HARMONY HOUR, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!”

Lightning tried to scan Spectrum with his visor, but there was known data on him. “He’s not originally from the prison.”

Spectrum then motioned with his finger for them to follow him, and he leapt off the roof. “After him…!” shouted Lightning, and he and his team sped through the open windows and followed the creature into a clearing where everything was just as gray.

All the ponies were panting and felt a little tired after that short chase. “What’s happening?” asked Starla.

“I feel like I just ran a million miles.” added Artie.

Starla scanned with her visor, “Our energy meters! They’re dropping slowly!”

Pinkie felt her legs wobbling as her strength decreased, and Rainbow practically helped her up.

Spectrum snickered, “You see, I didn’t just steal your color, I’m taking actual energy, from you and from the planet itself, and thanks to the power of my absorption crystal, all that energy is transferred to me.”

All around the ponies could see the color faded faster and the gray becoming worse. “Why you crazy fiend!” snapped Artie “Why would you do such a thing?”

“Because I require sustenance!” snarled Spectrum, “We all have to feed somehow, but it’s not just about food. All this has given me power beyond imagination. I’ve traveled across space a long time, feeding off all the color I could find. Many tried to deny me, all met with a painful doom!”


Starla felt her mane stiffening in rage, “From what you say, you’re nothing but a space terrorist!”

“Call me what you will…” hissed Spectrum “I’ve had my share of destroying planets after stealing their energy and color, and this one should be a snap. Of course, I do like a fight once in a while.”

He stood ready for battle, and the others stood ready too, despite their fading energies, they rushed into battle, but spectrum, taking advantage of their weakening status, zipped out of the way, and then he lunged back towards them shouting “SPECTRUM PUNCH!” and his fists glowed the multi-colors of the rainbow.

KAPOW!! An explosive blast on impact, which sent all the ponies crashing down, and the attack felt really powerful to them.

“That guy really packs a punch.” groaned Rainbow. “It’s not him, it’s us…” said Artie “The more energy that drains, he gets stronger and we get weaker.”

“Duh!” hissed Spectrum “I’m sure anyone could have figured that out.” And he lunged forth to continue the fight.

The ponies sent a flurry of punches and kicks at him, and Spectrum hardly raised his defenses, not having to due to the differences in strengths.

Rainbow tried her Sonic Rainbow, but Spectrum just caught her in his hands, halting her in midflight and causing her to flop down on the ground.

“STAR SHOWER!”

“PAINT BOMB!”

Even Artie and Starla’s attacks didn’t seem to do too much damage, and Pinkie Pie gave him a huge punch to the gut; no damage at all, “Uh, oh!” she peeped.

“Pitiful…” Spectrum muttered, and then one-by-one he punched, kicked, and bashed all the others out of his way, until it was just he and Lightning.

Lightning was a little stronger than the others, despite his energy failing, and his fists began to glow with the uniforce. “Let’s make this interesting.” he said.

“Fine by me…” hissed Spectrum, and his fists were glowing with rainbow-color. The two went at one another, throwing their fists and kicking like crazy, but Lightning’s strength was diminishing slowly, and while he did manage to give Spectrum a good blow in the chest, “Oh, yeah!” growled Spectrum, and he leapt up high…

“He can fly too?!” cried Lightning.

“I told you, the energy I get is pretty strong.” Spectrum called, and he flapped his trench coat open. The insides were glowing with a white light as he shouted, “WHITE LIGHTNING!”

Powerful lightning streaks shot out from the coat and hit Lightning super hard, knocking him onto his back.

The others ran up to him, “Lightning! Are you okay?” cried Starla. “Yeah, barely, but that last hit really damaged me.”

“Speak for yourself.” said Rainbow, her visor indicated energy levels dropping faster. “Our suits can’t handle that much more.”

Spectrum laughed as he landed down on the ground closing his trench coat, “What, giving up already?” he mocked “I’m not surprised, thanks to my absorption crystal, my power keeps growing. Soon, you and you’re planet will be so weak, it won’t take much effort to finish you. Perhaps I’ll just leave you to wallow in defeat.”

With that, he flew off.

“No…!” snapped Lightning “We’ve got to go after him.”

Pinkie flapped her wings as hard as she could, “I don’t know about you guys, but I can barely feel any lift.” She managed to get a few feet off the ground before flopping down hard on her tail.

“Ah, man! This really stinks!” groaned Rainbow “Me, Rainbow Dash, losing her lift?! WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!!”

Starla felt annoyed, but suggested “Let’s power down, and save what energy we have.”

Everyone agreed and powered their suits down. “If we can’t fly, at least we still have some power to pursue on foot.” said Artie

“But, that’ll just use up our energy even more.” said Lightning, “Even if we caught up with him we’d be too weak to fight.”

Starla then spotted the nearby lamppost with one of the emergency red-alert boxes on it. She struggled to make her way over, and opened it up.

“What are you doing?” asked Pinkie.

“Calling for reinforcements.” replied Starla, and she punched in the correct number-code and activated the alarm.

This particular siren alarm alerted any fighters in the area of the situation; a monster was loose and it was to be tracked and intercepted.

“Good thinking, Starla.” said Lightning “If many fighters stop move up to him, they can slow him down and we can catch up with him. Maybe we can outnumber him. Let’s go!”

The ponies ran off to find spectrum…


While all over the planet, things were getting worse by the minute. More and more color was fading into gray as energy was being absorbed, and many ponies and other creatures were collapsing in the streets.


At the royal palace in New Canterlot, it was chaos! Many ponies had already fainted and those that hadn’t were fading fast, ready to drop. The sickbay was full, but the doctors and nurses were all collapsing as well. Even Dr. Penny was getting woozy.

Grand Ruler, Celestia seemed to be among the only ones still up and about as their deity strengths kept them up, but they too were feeling the drain and their colors were fading fast.

Worse than ever, Cadance and Shining Armor; their heart monitors were going crazy as the energy drain seemed to affect them badly after the procedure.

“They’re… dying…!” cried Penny “They need… E…en…energy!” That’s when she finally collapsed from exhaustion.”

“No!” cried Grand Ruler.

Poor Cadance and Shining Armor were growing steadily worse, along with everyone and everything. As worried as their majesties were, they did not want to lose their niece and nephew.

“Let’s try giving them a little of our energy to help them.” suggested Celestia. Her husband agreed, and the softly began to magically transfer a small bit of their fading energies to the couple, stabilizing them slightly.

“That won’t last long.” said Grand Ruler “We’ve got to find out what’s causing this!”

“Where is Princess Luna?”

“She said she would head up to the high terrace, and try to locate the trouble through her telescope. I hope she’s alright.”


Princess Luna, though a deity like her sister and brother-in-law, she too was feeling weakened from the strain, and couldn’t teleport her way onto to the terrace, and had to take the secret shortcuts through the tower, and in her condition, climbing those flights of stairs was like climbing a steep mountain.

She felt very weary upon reaching the terrace, but not ready to keel over yet. She managed to reach telescope, and looked out. All over New Canterlot, the gray was spreading and weakening everyone and everything.

“What is all this?!” she wondered in frustration. She then set the telescope’s view-mode on New Ponyville to check the damage there, and the very first thing she saw was a whole swarm of Starfleet fighters and allies fighting with Spectrum, and the fighters were losing miserably…


Lightning’s team had caught up with the many other fighters, who got the message and tried to stop Spectrum, but even outnumbering the creature didn’t help, with the drain still in effect and Spectrum growing stronger, he had the upper hand.

Spectrum, still in color, proved to be gaining power every moment as more color faded from the surrounding areas.

“SPECTRUM PUNCH!”

POW!! So many ponies were knocked over.

“WHITE LIGHTNING!”

BOOM!! Lightning and friends, and more fighters, were knocked all over the place by the explosions.

The ponies felt almost too weak to get up onto their feet. “This… is… crazy!” groaned Rainbow, “We can’t… let him… WIN!!” added Pinkie, but at that split moment, she flopped onto the ground, having completely exhausted herself.

Spectrum laughed, “Face it, Starfleet… your time is running short. Soon my absorption crystal will give me all the power I need to wipe out this planet.”

Lightning struggled with all he could and managed to get to his knees, but Spectrum bashed him over again.

“Lightning!” cried Starla.

“This cannot be happening!” groaned Artie.



Princess Luna didn’t like how this was going at all, and wished there was something she could do.

Suddenly, a small shimmer caught the corner of her eye. “What was that?” She looked behind her and could see something shining atop the tower’s flag post.

Even her weakened state she managed to, shakily, fly her way up and spotted an odd looking crystal glowing with all the colors of the rainbow. It didn’t her much to realize what it was and that it had to be stopped.

The crystal wasn’t protected by anything, so she picked it up in her hand and smashed it hard against the tower, shattering it to bits.



At the same moment: Spectrum was charging forth ready to finish the job, when suddenly he gasped and stopped dead in his tracks, much to the ponies’ confusion.

“What is this?!” cried Spectrum, and that’s when streams of white light began to emit from him, “Oh, no! No, it’s can’t be! My absorption crystal…!”

The white lights seeped into the grounds of the planet. “Look!” cried Rainbow “The color, it’s coming back!” added Artie.

Very slowly but surely, all the world around them began to get it’s color back, and the ponies were starting to see their own colors returning and their energy only slightly increased, but not nearly enough for them to really stand up and fight back yet.

As for Spectrum; with the destruction of his crystal, he had lost a great deal of his power too. He could no longer destroy the planet. However, he still felt some power flowing through him, “It seems that I still have enough power to finish all of you anyway.”

Lightning and the others sneered at him, but still didn’t have nearly enough strength to fight back… not equally divided anyway.

“Commander Lightning!” one of the soldiers said, “My comrades and I will transfer what little energy we can spare to you and your friends. You can finish this monster.”

The many other weakened comrades agreed, as did Lightning’s friends. “Do it.” Lightning said.

The soldiers all tapped their energizers on their armor, and sent whatever bit of energy they could spare to Lightning and his friends, fully reenergizing them and their powers, and automatically transforming their super suits on again.

“Yeah, that’s more like it!” said Starla.

“Wow, I feel totally reenergized.” said Artie.

Pinkie and Rainbow gave each other a bro-bop of the hips.

Lightning then glared at Spectrum, “Let’s see how well you do in a fair fight.”

Spectrum growled and flexed his fists.

“Go!” shouted Lightning, and he and the others charged forth, and Spectrum charged at them. Flurries of punches and kicks were sent, and Spectrum still seemed to be as strong as he claimed and still punched and kicked them away, but the ponies continue to fight back.

“Have a taste of my SPECTRUM PUNCH!” and he leapt up super high ready to crash down with his fists glowing brightly.

“Oh, no you don’t. Not this time!” snapped Pinkie, and she flew in and grabbed him tightly, holding his arms at his side. “What are you doing? Let me go!”

“Ah, relax. I’m just going to take you for a little SPIN!” and with that, Pinkie began to whirl round and around, making Spectrum dizzy, and then she threw him far, back to the wide open clearing where there were not creatures or houses nearby.

The ponies all followed him, and Spectrum was furious. “Nice shot, but now it’s my turn!” he thundered as he opened his trench coat, “WHITE LIGHTNING!”

Lightning and Starla gazed and nodded at one another and their horns began to glow brightly.

“UNIFORCE!”

“PULSAR LASER!”

The two blasts from them intercepted the lightning, blasting straight back at him, knocking Spectrum higher up into the air than ever. “Get him, Rainbow!” Lightning called up.


Rainbow soared in and caught Spectrum, and then she shot straight at the ground with him in her grip. “You want color, you got it! SONIC RAINBOOM!”

Spectrum screamed as he watched the ground get zooming close…

KAPOW!! A powerful, colorful explosion….!

Rainbow landed safely with the others, while Spectrum got wearily up and felt tipsy, but even in his grogginess, he was enamoured by the trails of colorful smoke Rainbow had made. “Color..! Wonderful color!! I WANT IT!! GIVE IT TO ME!!”

With that, he opened his trench coat and began to absorb the colors in the air, which would reenergize him, but Artie stood with his staff ready.

(Skip to 1:16)

“Ready?” Lightning asked.

“Do it!” Artie answered, and the others all held him up and threw him like a missile straight for Spectrum. “SUPER STAFF SPIN!” and he began to whirl his staff furiously.

“Huh?” Spectrum cried as he looked behind him just in time to get struck hard. “It’s… a black… future for me!” he groaned as he keeled over, exploded, and was imprisoned in a sphere.

The ponies cheered for joy, and were ever so relieved.


More and more of the color was slowly fading back into the world around them, and that meant all the ponies and other creatures would be back on their feet in almost no time. Thankfully not a lot of damage had been done, and apart from basic battle injures, everything was going to be A-Okay.


Princess Luna saw everything through the telescope, and she was very relieved and even more relieved when her sister and brother-in-law joined her on the terrace with more good news.

“They are alright?” Luna asked.

“Yes, Shining Armor and Cadance awoke once the colors were restored.” Grand Ruler said, “Just the same…” added Celestia “They almost didn’t make it. What caused all this?”

Luna agreed to explain everything she had witnessed and done…


She even sent a quick letter to Lightning telling him how she found the absorption crystal and destroyed it.

“Well that explains it.” Lightning said, “If she hadn’t done that, we’d have been toast.” added Starla.

“Thankfully we weren’t.” said Artie, “These guys are getting tougher, and it’s getting harder to watch out for them.”

Pinkie Pie paid no attention and enjoyed teasing at Spectrum inside the sphere. “Hey, hello in there… BLAAAAH!”

Rainbow snatched the sphere from her, “I think maybe we better get him into custody. This guy’s way too crazy and deadly to be out and about.”

Lightning took the sphere from her, “Well, actually this one stands a chance for a trial. He was just looking for sustenance, but he let too much power go to his head. There might be help for him.”

“That’s good.” said Pinkie “Can you imagine all the color being stolen in the galaxy like that?”

Artie’s eyes suddenly widened. “What did you say, Pinkie Pie?”

Pinkie looked confused, “I said… Can you imagine all the color--”

Artie smiled the biggest smile he had smiled all day, “That’s it!” he shouted, and he hugged Pinkie tightly going “Oh, thank you! Thank you, Pinkie!”

The others were confused, as was Pinkie, but she felt a little strangled.

“What, what is it?” asked Lightning.

“I remember now; my grandfather’s song!” and he began to sing it…

The song, combined with all that happened from the battle; Artie’s inspiration was flaming, and he quickly rushed home…

(Montage as he sings)

Over the next few days, he began to make new paintings and sculptors as he sang the song.

By the time he was done, he had put his new creations on display in his gallery. The pieces were two-toned, half of one side of each piece was in color and their other halves were just in gray, as was inspired by the song and the battle; A perfect way to help inspire the need of color.

The song ended as Artie presented the works to his admirers and guests, and as expected, everyone applauded and commended his work. Some even found the song to be very catchy.

Lightning and the others were in the crowd as well, and applauded to Artie’s work. Pinkie blew a noise maker and cheered for joy, but all Artie could do was deeply think to himself; thinking of his grandfather’s spirit and thanking him for the inspiration.

(Promo)

In our next episode; it’s Starfleet Founders Day and United Equestria’s Birthday, and Tree Hugger wishes to be Buddy Rose’s date to the festivites in an attempt to woo him again.

Meanwhile, the Cutiemark Crusaders are still shaken from their encounter with Pony Mykan Stevens, and suddenly find themselves confronting him again, finally earning them suspicion from the adults, especially from Mayor Windy Bag, whom goes deeper into her secret plot.

How will the girls deal with Pony Mykan this time, and what sinister plot is Windy bag up to?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Founders Day-Saster”)