• Published 25th Mar 2017
  • 1,915 Views, 122 Comments

The Alien Warriors: Journey to Equestria - Texas Style Brony



A team of human college students who are bronies and hardcore Nerf warriors find themselves traversing a portal into Equestria, leading them to find some of their favorite characters

  • ...
7
 122
 1,915

Equestrian Sniper

Author's Note:

Hey guys,

Before diving into this chapter I would like to let y'all know that this is partially a tribute to one of our country's greatest warriors. As you may have guessed from the title of the chapter, I am of course referring to Navy SEAL and fellow Texan Chris Kyle. If there is anything in this chapter which anyone finds to be unappealing or parodying Kyle, his family, or his autobiography American Sniper, I would like to apologize in advance. Here in Texas, we hold our veterans and current servicemen and women in very high respect. I wrote this chapter in memory of him and all other men and women who have served and gave their lives in the U.S. armed forces. This is kinda an early Memorial Day tribute

On the way to the Los Pegasus rail station

"Dang venom!", Smith thought to himself as two unicorn guards carried him on a stretcher to the rail station after a changeling bit him in the leg. The spot where he was bit was painful, of course, but what really set him off was that the venom disabled the rest of his leg temporarily and made it numb. Smith then looked at his Stryfe smg.

"This wouldn't have happened if I had kept that Retaliator and let Yankee take this gun", he thought to himself. Back at A&M, Smith had modded both his Stryfe and the Retaliator, and wanted to lend the Stryfe to McLaughn, who was his roommate at the time. However, McLaughn didn't like how the smg needed to power up before firing, and he opted for the Retaliator instead. Smith always liked to be the sniper, though. Playing sniper always reminded Smith of when he and his family used to hunt hogs out on the ranches in Texas Hill Country. He was also very good at it too. He had stacked up quite a few kills while using the Retaliator at A&M's Humans vs. Zombies game.

Upon arriving to the makeshift hospital, however, Smith got an idea. He was being watched over by a white pony with a pink mane when he got the idea.

"Hey! Nurse ummm....", Smith called out, forgetting the mare's name.

"Redheart, Nurse Redheart sir. What can I do for you?" the pony responded.

"Yeah, can you get me some blue paper and a white pencil?" he asked.

"Um, sure, let me go find some." A few minutes later, Nurse Redheart walked back in a few minutes later with the paper and pencil.

"Here you go. What do you need these for?", she asked while giving him the requested material.

"I need to draw up something to so that the princesses can have it made for me", Smith replied while he began doodling. Being an engineering major, Smith had learned quite a bit on how to draw up mock-diagrams and blueprints. Suddenly he realized something.

"Hey, how much is this in Equestrian units?", Smith asked while holding his hands about one foot apart.

"Hmm, that looks like about four hooves wide", Redheart replied while counting how many hooves she could fit between his hands.

"How about this?" Smith held his fingers an inch apart. Nurse Redheart put her hoof up to his fingers.

"About a third of a hoof."

"Ok, thanks Nurse!"

"Always glad to help!" Nurse Redheart went to the other side of the room to talk with a unicorn officer while Smith began drawing up his plans while converting from U.S. units to Equestrian hooves.





The next day

Smith's leg had regained it's senses and he could walk on it again. However, due to some venom still in his system, Smith couldn't run on his leg. Yesterday after he finished his blueprint, he called in a pegasus guard and told him to send it to the princesses as soon as possible. Today, the rest of the Lunar Nightwatch were coming back to help him get back to the battle. They soon entered the room to find him holding a small crate with his name on it.

"Hey Smith, whatcha got there?" Ramirez asked. Smith pulled out his pocket knife and began prying at the crate with it. When he opened it up, inside was a custom rifle scope with a mounting system that was compatible with a nerf rail.

"Oh wow, nice man!" Parker said upon seeing it. The scope had Smith's name hoof-engraved on it and had adjustable magnification.

"Just like the scope I use on my Remington back home!" Smith eagerly replied. The package came with a letter, which Smith read out loud.

Dear Jeff,

I am very sorry to hear that you were wounded in battle yesterday. When I told Twilight and her friends, they were devastated and incredibly distressed, especially Applejack and Fluttershy. We all hope that you will make a speedy recovery.

On the topic of your request, it wasn't very easy, but Equestria's best telescope-crafters and engineers got it done. Enclosed in this crate should be the item you requested. Again, consider it a token of our gratitude for the actions you and your friends keep taking to protect a country and a species that is not your own. After this battle, my sister and I look forward to seeing you boys again.

Many blessings,
Princess Celestia

"Dang, why do these ponies have to be so sweet?!" Ramirez said after hearing the very touching letter. Smith then looked at McLaughn.

"Yankee, even though I can walk again on this leg, I still can't run, and you know how much I like to use the Retaliator."

"Go ahead, although you can have it on one condition."

"Name it."

"You know that I'm not as good as you are on the smg, so I'll be going wherever you go while you use the retaliator."

"Deal."





The next day, Los Pegasus downtown district

About 80% of the city had been cleared of the changelings, and many of the innocent ponies who were captured were set free. However, there was still plenty of changeling resistance in the city, and they had started resorting to more guerilla warfare tactics. Rather than disguising as civilian ponies (which the humans stopped falling for), the changelings would now disguise themselves as royal guards and attack when nobody was expecting.

Today, a convoy of about fifteen royal guards was out patrolling a street that was leading up to an intersection. The guards could not see much beyond that intersection. However, they knew that the humans could.

On a rooftop nearby, Smith was lying down on his belly, with his retaliator with added scope mounted on a brick. He was looking ahead of the royal guard convoy through the scope, scanning for enemies. McLaughn sat near him, spotting for Smith with his binoculars. The pair had snuck to the rooftop earlier that morning, and had killed a couple of changelings who tried to establish their own sniper positions in adjacent buildings surrounding the intersection. The rest of the Lunar Nightwatch had moved with Shining Armor's group to a different part of the city that morning.

They were on that rooftop for about four hours when the royal guards came marching in. Suddenly, Smith saw movement in his scope, and he saw what looked like a royal guard helping a small colt out of a building. On normal circumstances, Smith wouldn't be bothered by this, but he noticed that that guard and colt were ahead of the guard detachment moving toward them, meaning that there weren't supposed to be any guards in that building in the first place.

"Hold up. Yankee, do you see that colt and guard over there?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Look where the rest of the guards are, they weren't supposed to clear that building yet. I think those two are bugs."

"Well man, your call."

Suddenly, the guardspony and colt began bickering to each other, and the colt spat on the ground and took off jogging toward the royal guard convoy. Smith slowed down his breathing......






BANG!





The colt immediately flew off course due to the force of the dart. The kill revealed that he was in fact a changeling. Suddenly, the guardspony that sent it off began charging up his horn to fire a magic blast. However, this guard was an earth pony, it wasn't supposed to shoot magic beams.

BANG!

Smith dropped that changeling fast, but not fast enough, as the bug sent it's beam towards the royal guard a split second before Smith took the shot. The guardsponies, fortunately, saw the beam incoming and ducked.

"Dang man, that was gnarly!" McLaughn said as he saw the colt-changeling go down.

"Oh snap", Smith stated in horror.

"What?"

"That colt-changeling was actually a changeling colt!" Smith responded. Upon looking at the body with his scope, he noticed that it's body was smaller than a normal changeling, which meant that Chrysalis had basically sent kids against the guards and humans. Suddenly, magic beams began shooting out of the walls at the guards below.

"Oh crap! Ambush!" McLaughn yelled as he pulled out the smg and began to return fire. Smith began popping any changeling heads he saw sticking out of the windows of the other buildings. Unfortunately, McLaughn's smg jammed and the changelings noticed the shots coming from the rooftop. While McLaughn tried to clear the jam, he got hit with a headshot.

"Yankee? Yankee? COREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Smith tried to yell over the noise, but McLaughn was out cold. Meanwhile the royal guards ran for the nearest building across the street from Smith's location and were taking cover. The unicorn guards were returning fire, but the earth ponies could only sit back and wait it out.

"Screw this!" Smith yelled as he strapped his smg on and picked up McLaughn while holding his rifle. He then ran down the stairs and kept running through the floors, dodging incoming changeling blasts that were pouring through the windows. Soon, he heard hissing coming from the other side of one door, and he leaned McLaughn against a wall.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Smith yelled as he kicked down the door and slam-fired his retaliator into changelings that had gotten into the building. There were alot of them, and when his magazine went empty, he ducked behind the doorframe to reload. A changeling came around the door to get him and as soon has he opened his mouth to bite down, Smith cocked the Retaliator and sent a dart down his throat.

"NOT THIS TIME!" he yelled as he turned the corner and raised more hell on the changelings who were still coming through. He soon ran out of ammo again, and turned to his Spectre revolver, which he was a master with. Unfortunately, after spending ten rounds on the revolver (or two magazines worth), a changeling beam hit him in the leg where he was bit, causing him to fall to the floor. Soon, the changelings poured into the room and started charging and attacking him. Smith put up a tough fight, and soon there was only one more changeling left in the room. Smith aimed his pistol at him.

click.

The changeling began laughing evilly as this human was now defenseless with no ammo and a busted leg.

"Well well well, one of those ex-terminators the others have been talking about! I'll admit, you did put up a good fight, but it's all over for you now human! I am gonna enjoy sucking up all the love from within you!!!" The feminine-sounding changeling opened up it's mouth in a different way than if it were to bite down, and it was soon sucking up some sort of aura from Smith, who was beginning to feel weak from it. Smith closed his eyes tightly.

Suddenly, a spear went through the changeling's torso, and Smith opened his eyes to see a strong earth-pony guard finish off the last changeling while other guards secured the building.

"....Thank ....... you..." Smith said before passing out.





Sometime later, Smith opened his eyes to discover that he was back in the train station where he recovered earlier. He felt something tightening around his leg and looked down to see Nurse Redheart knotting up a bandage on his knee.

"There we go! Oh! You're awake! Don't worry, you'll be able to walk now! I know it looks bad, but it's not as bad as that bite!" She said upon seeing him wake up. Smith looked around, and he suddenly remembered McLaughn.

".... Where's Corey?"

"Who?"

"Yankee?"

"Oh your friend! The guards found him lying next to you near the wall where you were propped up against. They took him back here in another room. The poor boy looks like he was hit really hard on the head. Also, judging by your helmet, you were too", Redheart answered. Smith looked to the right of his bunk to see that there was a large blackened mark in his helmet that tore through the WWII-style mesh.

"Sarge always told us helmets should be standard issue," Smith stated sarcastically while looking at the helmet that saved him.

"Well it looks like it saved you from your friend's fate. He should be waking up soon now. You guys must be really tough. A headshot like that to a pony could be fatal! Also, when the guards found you, they said that they never saw a higher kill-to-casualty ratio in their lives! There were about thirty changelings in that building with you! The guards who found you were part of a strike force that routed the remaining changelings in the city. The Battle for Los Pegasus is over." Redheart said.

"Luna Nos Custodit." Smith said with a grin.

"What?"

"It's our team motto, it translates to 'We are the night' in another language called Latin."

"Oh wow, I'm sure Princess Luna would like that." Redheart said with a grin as she left the room to check on McLaughn.





A few hours later

The sun was now setting, and after a bandage was wrapped around his head, McLaughn was cleared to leave. Smith was outside the station listening to his music.

He explained to McLaughn everything that happened after he got knocked out.

"Wow, thanks man", McLaughn replied, being alive because of Smith.

"Don't mention it", Smith replied. Soon, they saw Ramirez, Parker, and Shining Armor coming up the tracks.

"Hey! Y'all would not believe what happened to us today!" McLaughn called out.

"Guys, we need to go to Las Pegasus", Ramirez said bluntly as he walked past them, covered in slime.

"Wait what? What's going on? Where's Newbie?" Smith asked, noticing that they were missing one man.

"He's been taken," Parker replied, also trailing slime behind him.

"What?" Smith replied in disbelief.

"We pushed into a building and got ambushed. We were swarmed and they tried to spit slime at us or something, trying to trap us in cocoons. We kept fighting our way out, and even though we were covered in enough slime to look like Ghostbusters 2, we made it. Everyone, except Newbie that is. When we went back to look for him, this was what was left of him." Ramirez replied as he and Parker pulled out Summers' slime-covered shotgun and revolver.