• Published 25th Mar 2017
  • 1,913 Views, 122 Comments

The Alien Warriors: Journey to Equestria - Texas Style Brony



A team of human college students who are bronies and hardcore Nerf warriors find themselves traversing a portal into Equestria, leading them to find some of their favorite characters

  • ...
7
 122
 1,913

A Visit with Lyra

Ponyville Train Station

Almost as soon as the Mane Six and Lunar Nightwatch got off the train, an excited green mare was waiting for them with a large poster in her magic grip. It read "Welcome back Humans!". Twilight had sent a letter to Lyra earlier telling her that the humans were going to return to Ponyville for a short time before heading back into battle. Obviously, Lyra was really excited to hear this.

"Hello! Humans! Over here!", she enthusiastically yelled, as if the humans were celebrities. The humans almost were celebrities, as a matter of fact, as news had spread across Canterlot and was making its way across Equestria that they had rescued the princesses and the elements of harmony from a changeling assassination attempt. The humans and Mane Six walked over to Lyra.

"Hi there!" Parker greeted. Lyra's smile was as big as Rainbow Dash's when she found out that she became a wonderbolt. Lyra then ran up to Parker and almost knocked him off his feet with a big hug.

"Aww, it looks like you've become somepony's favorite!", Pinkie said jokingly with a small giggle.

"Are you kidding me?! I love humans! Twilight's stories about them were so amazing! I can't believe I get to see real ones now!" Lyra excitedly replied as Parker lowered her down.

"Well Lyra, I'm Sergeant Daniel "Steelhooves" Ramirez, that guy over there is William Parker, the one next to him is Jeff Smith, that guy is Corey "Yankee" McLaughn, and right here is newbie Andrew Summers."

"Oh wow! I never thought that I would get to meet five of you at once!" Lyra replied. Twilight came up to Ramirez.

"Sergeant, I'm gonna leave you guys with Lyra for a while while I see to getting your weapons ready."

"Ok Twilight, but before you do, there are some safety rules that you must know before doing that."

"Go ahead."

"Rule No. 1: Always treat the blasters as if they are ready to fire, even if they are unloaded.
Rule No. 2: Always keep the muzzle (or the hole at the end of the barrel) pointed in a safe direction.
Rule No. 3: DO NOT touch the trigger (or the orange piece in front of the grip)." Ramirez demonstrated using his Strongarm as an example.

"Ok, got it. I'll make sure that Spike writes that down later. Let's go girls!" Twilight replied, and soon she and the rest of the Mane Six were on their way back to her castle. Ramirez looked on in slight concern, but he realized that if anypony would be able to follow rules, it was Twilight.

"I can't wait to get this started!" Lyra excitedly stated.





Lyra's house

After a two minute walk, Lyra and the humans were sitting cozily in her living room.

"Oh my gosh! I have so many questions for you! What are those things on your sides? How do you do stuff without magic? How do your hands work? Are you ticklish?" Lyra was firing off questions faster than Parker's Rapidstrike fired off darts. She then noticed Summers reaching for a bowl of candy on the table in front of them, but was hesitant.

"It's ok, it's candy! You can have some!" Lyra stated. "Oh boy!" Summers replied as he grabbed several pieces and ate them. Summers had quite a sweet tooth.

Soon after, the Lunar Nightwatch began to answer Lyra's questions. McLaughn let Lyra look at his hand, Smith showed her his Spectre (but kept it unloaded), and Lyra found out humans were ticklish when she rubbed her hooves into Ramirez's sides and stomach. At one point, Parker showed her his Iphone and how it worked shortly before it died. However, Lyra just put her magic in the charge port and it was at 100% charge in seconds, much to the team's amazement. Soon the group began to talk about other things.

"Wow, that Donald Trump guy doesn't sound very nice." Lyra stated, after Ramirez explained about the new president to her.

"Yeah, he may not be nice, but he is strong. Other countries don't want to give us unfair trade deals or mess with our allies now." Parker stated. The group was politically diverse. Most of the guys except Parker did not like Trump at first. Most of them voted for him to stop Hillary Clinton, while Ramirez simply voted third party.

"He may be mean, but he's mean in a good way. He once attacked a country that was killing it's own people so that their government would stop killing them." Ramirez stated.

"A government is killing its own people? How could they do something like that?!" Lyra asked in shock.

"Like I told Twilight one time, ponies are a very peaceful species while humans tend to be violent. That's part of the reason we have extremely advanced weapons." Ramirez replied.

"Oh, well obviously you are pretty violent....", Lyra stated as she levitated the Ponyville newspaper to them. It went into great detail how the heroic humans saved the Royal Sisters and the elements of harmony in a duel where one changeling lost his head and the other was wounded and captured. ".... but you guys are also really sweet. Thank you for visiting today." She replied, as she began hugging the humans.

"Thank you for having us come", Smith replied, with a very warm feeling in his heart. The other guys agreed.

"You're a very sweet mare too Lyra" McLaughn stated, leaving Lyra blushing.

"Aww, thanks guys!"

"Yeah, it was nice to meet you Lyra, but I think we better go back and check up on our equipment before heading out to destroy that hive in the Everfree Forest tomorrow", Ramirez replied.

"Ok, bye guys!" Lyra said as she went and pulled them all into a big group hug with her magic.

"Bye Lyra!" The humans waved as they walked out, kneeling through her short door.

"May Faust be with them", Lyra said to herself as they left.





Twilight's Castle

Twilight and her friends had the weapons lying neatly on a table near the map of Equestria. Twilight had sorted out the weapons by ammunition type and size. When the Lunar Nightwatch arrived, she had a look of concern on her face.

"Hi girls, how did things go?" Ramirez asked.

"Oh boys! Welcome back!" Rarity stated as she trotted up to them with the rest of the ponies.

"Guys, I think we have a problem", Twilight stated bluntly.

"What's wrong?", Summers asked.

"Sergeant, when you handed Princess Luna some of your ammunition, it was only ammunition that worked for some of your weapons.", Twilight replied. The guys then realized that she didn't receive a mega dart sample or a rival ball-and-magazine sample either. Unfortunately, that would leave Summers defenseless since he would run out of ammo before the others would.

"Ok Twilight, we can fix this. We don't need that much ammo for taking down the Everfree hive, we just need to get more ammo in two weeks." Ramirez replied. Soon, the team packed samples of mega and rival ammo in a box with a message for the princesses apologizing in advance for the confusion and asking them to replicate those samples as well as the ones that they already received.

"Thanks for pointing that out Twilight, we could have gotten into trouble if it wasn't for you". Summers stated.

"You're very welcome!" She replied with a cheery grin on her face. The group then had dinner, which included fish much to the humans delight since Twilight remembered from Canterlot High that humans were omnivores. After dinner, the humans and ponies turned in for the night, with the humans anxious for the battle to come the next day.

Author's Note:

Well guys, here's the next chapter! I plan on releasing a chapter once a week. So our heroes are about to finish off the Everfree hive. What will happen if they meet the ex-changeling leader, Queen Chrysalis? Stick around to find out when we return next week!