• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 21,059 Views, 770 Comments

A Twixie Love Story - Yukito

  • ...
34
 770
 21,059

A Twixie Cruise - Day 2

Twilight walked up the mountain near Ponyville with barely-contained enthusiasm. She turned around and laughed out loud. “C’mon, Trixie! You can move faster than that, right?”

Trixie panted heavily as she followed Twilight, taking each step slowly, wincing as if each step she took caused her incredible pain. “This isn’t fair! You failed Physical Education, too! Why is Trixie the only one falling behind?!”

Twilight let out another giggle, and ran up to Trixie, nuzzling her lover once she reached her. “Because I read lots of books on how to increase my endurance, remember?” She allowed Trixie to prop a foreleg around her, and supported the blue Unicorn as they continued up the mountain. “We’ve got to hurry! The meteor shower will be starting soon!”

“Trixie can’t wait,” Trixie said, before planting a soft kiss on Twilight’s cheek. She giggled playfully as the purple Unicorn’s face turned red. “Just you, Trixie, and the most beautiful display that is Star Blaze’s meteor shower.”

Twilight nodded, and turned her head around to check the equipment that she was carrying…Was carrying, but it was no longer there. “Trixie? What happened to the stargazing gear I brought along?” Twilight’s question went unanswered, and she turned her head to face her companion. “Trixie?”

Twilight then noticed the lack of weight around her shoulders, and stopped dead in her tracks when she could no longer see Trixie walking next to her. “Trixie? W-Where did you go?”

“Right here, Twilight.” Twilight turned around instantly, a hopeful smile on her face, though it only lasted a second, before turning into a look of fear. “Something wrong, Twilight?”

“…You’re not Trixie,” Twilight said, backing away from the being in front of her. Sure, it looked like Trixie, but…For some reason, Twilight could tell that it wasn’t. “What have you done with her? Where’s Trixie?!”

“Trixie is right over here, Twi,” another voice called out, and Twilight turned her head to once again see another fake Trixie. This one was more obvious; her eyes were dark green, instead of purple.

“No…Not again…” Twilight continued looking around her at the various Trixies that called out and appeared. There were many different kinds. There was a Royal Guard Trixie, an Alicorn Trixie, a Chimera Trixie, a male Trixie… “Please stop…” The various Trixies continued approaching Twilight, and she noticed that, unlike the other dreams, not all of them were trying to seduce her; some were trying to hurt her. “STOOOOOOP!”

“Twilight! Wake up! Please wake up!”


Twilight’s eyes shot open, and she just lay still on her bed for a few minutes, panting and sweating heavily. “Twilight? Are you okay now?”

Twilight turned around to find Trixie lying beside her, her foreleg wrapped around her, and looking down at her with a look of concern. “Trixie?” Twilight examined Trixie for a few seconds, and then threw her forelegs around her. ‘This is the real Trixie. No doubt about it.

“Twilight, were you having a nightmare?” Twilight nodded whilst still holding on to Trixie. “You called out my name…Was it a nightmare about me?”

Twilight quickly shook her head. She didn’t like lying to Trixie, but she didn’t want to make her worry, either. She should have known better; Trixie has seen through her lies before, and ones constructed on the spot were even easier for her to see through.

“Twilight, please don’t lie to me like that,” Trixie said, sitting up. Twilight followed suit, and Trixie put a forehoof to Twilight’s chin, directing Twilight’s eyes to meet her own. “You told me to be more open with you, and to not bottle up my worries so much anymore. I shared my past with you, despite how painful the memories are to bring up sometimes…Now I want you to do the same.”

Twilight wanted to insist that Trixie drop it, but she knew that she couldn’t. She had scolded Trixie before for not being so open with her, and had pressured Trixie into sharing her problems with her. She also noticed the lack of third pony in Trixie’s speech, which showed that Trixie was very concerned right now.

Twilight let out a sigh, and reluctantly began explaining her nightmare to Trixie. “As you know, this isn’t the first time…Or the second…I think…This was the seventh one I’ve had now.” Twilight tightened her grip around Trixie, who responded by holding Twilight closer and gently stroking her mane. “It’s slightly different each time, but it’s basically the same thing. You appear, but it’s not you. It’s a fake…Along with a whole bunch of other fakes.”

“And you’re afraid they might take you away?”

Twilight nodded, and choked back a sob. “Only, this time…” Twilight buried her face into Trixie’s shoulder, trying to hold back her tears. “This time, they were trying to hurt me…It was like they hated me…Despised me…If it was just one or two times, it wouldn’t be so bad, but…Why do I keep having these nightmares, Trixie?”

Trixie shushed Twilight, and tried to calm her down by holding her as tightly as she could. Once Twilight seemed to have calmed down a little bit, Trixie began speaking. “In my experience, nightmares often happen because you fear something in real life. You have to conquer this fear in order to vanquish the nightmare.”

“…That’s from Dream Weaver’s book, isn’t it?” Twilight asked, her head still planted into Trixie’s shoulder.

Trixie cleared her throat, and continued. “A-Anyway, the point is, maybe you’re afraid Trixie will actually leave you? And that’s why you’re having these nightmares?” Twilight moved back from Trixie, and stared into her eyes. Trixie could tell that Twilight was still fighting back her tears, and was terrified of the idea that she had just proposed. “W-Well, Trixie isn’t a psychologist, so don’t put too much faith into it…But it makes sense, right?”

Twilight thought about it for a few minutes, running each dream through her mind, and trying to remember the various psychology books that she had read, particularly the parts related to dreams. “Is…Is that it? I’m…”

“There’s no need to be afraid, Twilight,” Trixie said, breaking Twilight out of her train of thought. “Trixie would never leave you. She’d have to be an idiot to do something like that.”

Twilight almost smiled at that, but then another thought passed through her mind. ‘What if I’m afraid Trixie will leave me because of how slow things have been moving? Does that mean I should ask her to move in with me? But what if it’s the opposite? What if I’m afraid she’ll leave me if I try to move things too fast?

Trixie suddenly embraced Twilight, startling her and causing her face to turn a deep shade of red. “This is Trixie’s fault, isn’t it? Because Trixie ran away from you back in Ponyville…You’re afraid she’ll do the same now. But Trixie won’t! That was one of Trixie’s biggest mistakes, and she won’t repeat it!”

Twilight quickly shook her head. “No, Trixie! That was my fault! I should have gone after you! I was stupid to let you run off like that…” The two gazed into each others’ eyes for a bit, before Twilight suddenly found some courage and decided to take action. She threw her forelegs around Trixie, and drew her in for a passionate kiss. Their lips met suddenly, surprising Trixie, and the two stayed like that for a few moments, before Twilight pulled away. “Well, I’m certainly not going to repeat that mistake. It’s just a dumb dream, and I have no intention of letting you get away from me again!”

It was Trixie’s turn to blush now, as she stared at Twilight in amazement. She leaned forward and kissed Twilight gently on the forehead. “Don’t worry. Trixie has no intention of running away, either.”

The two shared another passionate kiss, before Trixie parted their lips and attempted to push Twilight down. However, to her surprise, it was the other way around; Twilight pushed Trixie down onto her back, and planted a kiss on Trixie’s neck. Trixie’s eyes widened as she realised what Twilight was doing, and tried to stop her, but was too late.

“There. Now, even when we’re apart, everypony will know you’re already taken,” Twilight said, admiring her work as she stared at the small mark left on Trixie’s neck.

Trixie levitated a small mirror from the nearby table, and examined the mark for herself. “…Geez, that really wasn’t necessary. Trixie’s cape might not cover this so well, y’know?” Twilight ignored her, and leaned down to kiss Trixie on the lips again, this time with much more force. ‘Wow, Twilight’s never been this forceful before…I kind of like it.


After their little love session, Twilight and Trixie both washed up together, and then decided to explore the ship together. Although Trixie wasn’t paying that much attention; she wasn’t that interested in the ship itself, just the time she spent with Twilight. But she saw how happy it made Twilight to tour the ship, so she decided to play along and pretend to be interested.

Still, I’m kind of worried…Twilight does tend to overreact, but to be worried to the point of experiencing recurring nightmares? Maybe I should push the relationship forward a bit…But how exactly do I do that? “Hey Twilight, wanna live in Trixie’s trailer with her?”? She gave up her life in Canterlot for Ponyville, like hay she’ll give up Ponyville for my cramped little trailer…

“Trixie?” Twilight called out, breaking Trixie’s train of thought. “Well?”

…Oh buck, she asked something! Quick, Trixie, say something…’ “Uh, sure…” ‘Say something better!

Twilight frowned at Trixie. Not a good sign. “You weren’t paying attention, were you?” Twilight asked, her eyes narrowing as Trixie quickly denied it. “Don’t lie to me, Trixie! I asked what you thought about the menu, and you said: ‘Uh, sure’.” Trixie resisted the urge to laugh at Twilight’s terrible impersonation of her voice. “What were you doing a thousand miles away?”

Trixie’s brain ran as fast as it could. She needed to say something to calm Twilight down, and fast. “…Trixie was thinking about what we could do tonight?” Trixie wanted to facehoof herself, but knew that would fix nothing. ‘Whatever, better just roll with it,’ Trixie thought to herself, as she half lidded her eyes and stared at Twilight with a seductive gaze.

Twilight blushed, turned around, and began walking away. “C-Can’t you turn off your sex drive for just a little bit?”

Trixie followed Twilight. “Sorry. Trixie will try to pay better attention,” she said, and when Twilight didn’t respond, she breathed a sigh of relief. ‘Ok, she seems to have dropped it. I’m safe. Now, what was I thinking abou- Oh yeah! How to push the relationship forward…Basically, we need to see each other more often…But Trixie couldn’t possibly ask Twilight to move in with her, so…

“Hey Trixie, where should we go first?” Twilight asked as the two reached a fork in their path.

Trixie examined their options. There was a set of stairs, which would lead to the recreational area, equipped with a library, and arcade, and other entertainment facilities. The other path continued down the corridor, and would eventually lead to the outdoor swimming pool.

Trixie would have to leave Twilight in an hour, so swimming now would be a bad idea. On the other hoof, Trixie had learned that, if you wanted to distract Twilight, a library was always a good way to go. “Trixie thinks we should check upstairs first.”

Twilight nodded her head in agreement. “Alright! Let’s go!”

Trixie allowed Twilight to lead the way, and followed after her, taking a moment to admire Twilight’s flanks as they walked up the stairs. ‘The only logical option would be for me to buy a house in Ponyville, and live there! That way, we can see each other much more often! …It’ll be expensive, though…I’m going to miss being able to eat, but it’ll be worth it, if it eases Twilight’s worries.


“Trixie is impressed with the selection of books in here,” Trixie said as she read through one of the books, titled Advanced Explosives and Pyrotechnics. “You find anything interesting, Twilight?”

Twilight didn’t answer, as she was too busy reading through a book on a nearby table, with about fifty books stacked next to it, and was completely oblivious to the world around her. Trixie smiled, happy that her plan worked better than she thought it would. ‘Excellent. I can kill some time here for a bit, and then go and meet up with Shining Armour, and Twilight will never have to know a thing.

“Heya, Trixie!” a voice called out from behind the showmare, followed by a collection of shushes as Trixie turned to face whoever was there. She noticed Lyra approaching her, a cheerful smile on her face, similar to the one she wore the previous night. “How ya doing? Last night was pretty great, wasn’t it?”

Trixie nodded her head. Last night, after the opening party, Lyra and Bon Bon invited Twilight and Trixie to their room, so that they could continue talking. The four ponies stayed up well past midnight, sharing stories and, somehow, getting into a series of games of Twister.

It was because of this that Twilight and Trixie woke up so late this morning, but she couldn’t deny that it was fun hanging out with another couple like that. “Yes, it was. Maybe we could meet up again later today, say, for dinner?”

“Sounds like a plan!” Lyra received some more shushes, and tried to calm herself down. “Then should we arrange somewhere to meet up later?”

Trixie put a hoof to her chin. “How about if Trixie and Twilight stop by your room on the way to the restaurant. We know where it is, and it won’t be so crowded.” Trixie looked around the room behind Lyra. “By the way, where is Bon Bon? Trixie can’t help but notice that she isn’t here.”

Lyra blinked a few times, before suddenly gasping rather loudly. “Oh crap! Sorry, Trix, I gotta run! Catch ya later!” Lyra turned tail and galloped back out of the library, ignoring the angry looks she received from all around her as she did so.

Trixie laughed at the spectacle for a bit, before turning her attention back to her book. “…Oh! That’s why she’s so familiar…” Trixie mumbled to herself, as she suddenly remembered a green Unicorn filly from her childhood. “Lyra Heartstrings…If memory serves, she was in some of Trixie’s classes during her years at that public school.”

Trixie turned to face Twilight, who was already on the third book in her pile. Trixie would have been impressed by her ability to read so fast, had she not already seen and been impressed by it before. Trixie looked over to the clock, and decided to head over to room B-16.

“Twilight?” she whispered into Twilight’s ear. As expected, the only response was a nod of her head. “Trixie has to take care of something. She’ll be right back. Is that ok?”

“Mhm,” Twilight said with a nod, not really paying attention to anything around her.

“Well then, see you later,” Trixie said, gently planting a kiss on Twilight’s forehead, before leaving the library. She sighed to herself, feeling guilty for taking advantage of Twilight’s love of books like that. But she didn’t want to drag Twilight into a dangerous situation, and she had no doubt that Shining Armour would scold her if she got a civilian involved.


Shining Armour sighed as he tried to convince Cadance to let go of his foreleg. “C’mon, I’m only gonna be gone for a little while. I already told you it won’t take long.”

Cadance pouted up at Shining, not caring that she was making a scene in front of other ponies. “But…Where are you going, anyway? You’re supposed to be off duty!”

“There was a slight mix-up in security, and they just want my help in resolving it quickly and efficiently.” Shining finally managed to get Cadance to let go of him. “Really, it won’t take long. Why don’t you go enjoy the spa or something whilst you wait?”

Cadance narrowed her eyes at Shining Armour, before leaning over to him and whispering into his ear: “Fine, but you’d better be prepared to make up for this tonight.”

Shining blushed and quickly trotted away, mumbling unintelligible stuff under his breath. Cadance giggled to herself, and walked off in the opposite direction. ‘Now, I wonder how I should punish him for this…Cheerleader or schoolfilly outfit?

Cadance sighed as she looked at the map of the ship. She had to hand it to her cousin, he certainly knew how to make an impressive cruise ship for couples…But that was just it, most of the things on the ship required you to be with somepony in order to enjoy them fully. And the things she could enjoy on her own didn’t really appeal to her that much.

“Maybe I will go to the spa… Ah, but in that case, I’d better ask Blueblood to make arrangements for a private room,” she said to herself, before walking off towards the accommodation area of the ship. As an Alicorn, and a Princess, she would attract a lot of unwanted attention if she didn’t walk around undercover, hence the shades and the cap, and the dress to hide her wings. Celestia practically insisted that she be careful not to reveal herself to other ponies.

She made her way to the accommodation area, and started to make her way through the B floor, to find her cousin’s room. If she recalled correctly, his room was B-1. ‘B for Blueblood, and 1 because he’s “Celestia’s number 1 nephew”,’ Cadance recited in her head, laughing at how childish Blueblood could be at times. She found it cute herself, but it became a problem whenever it slipped out in public.

She stopped when she saw Trixie approaching a room down the corridor, and knocking on it with her hoof. Cadance was about to call out to her, when the door opened and from inside came…‘S-Shining Armour?

She quickly ducked behind a nearby food cart that was conveniently lying around, and watched as Trixie and Shining conversed a little bit. She couldn’t hear what they were saying, and was shocked when she saw Trixie walk into the room, and Shining Armour close the door behind her.

“N-No way…What’s going on? He said he was going to help the security detail of the ship…Shining Armour…Lied to me?” She didn’t want to jump to any conclusions, and she certainly didn’t want to think anything bad about her coltfriend, but she had to know what was going on. She quietly crept over to the door, and planted an ear against it. Inside, she could just about hear vaguely what was being said.


“So, that’s the current situation,” Shining Armour said to Trixie, after briefly telling her what they were up against. Along with the two Unicorns, there were three Royal Guard Pegasi, and one Royal Guard Earth Pony, all of which were gathered around a table, eagerly awaiting Trixie’s “expert opinion”.

Trixie let out a small chuckle, and flicked her mane back. ‘Here it comes,’ Shining thought to himself.

“Well, you were right to come to the Great and Powerful Trixie for this,” she said, drawing in the attention of everypony in the room. “Trixie can see how you were all baffled by this trickster, but rest assured that I, the Great and Powerful Trixie, shall take charge of this whole situation, and have this criminal captured in no time flat.”

“So, you already have a plan?” Shining asked.

“Trixie is still working on the details,” she said, causing Shining to facehoof.

Then don’t brag when you aren’t even prepared!

But, there is little- No, there is no doubt, given that it is Trixie’s plan, that whatever she comes up with will definitely work.”

Shining could see the annoyed looks on the faces of the Royal Guards around the table, and tried to calm them down whilst Trixie wrote some things down on a blank sheet of paper. “D-Don’t worry, guys, I’m sure everything will turn out fine.” A sheet of paper levitated itself in front of the Captain’s face, and he stared at it blankly, before grabbing it with a hoof. “What’s this?”

“A list of items that Trixie will need.”

Shining Armour read through the list in his mind. He frowned before he even made it halfway down the page. “And what, pray tell, do we need all of this useless stuff for?”

Trixie glared at Shining Armour, almost like she was ready to bite his head off. “Captain, please remind everypony who the expert that you called in is?”

“…That would be you,” he said, though truthfully he wasn’t so sure now.

“Then don’t question Trixie, just do what she says!” Trixie shouted, before turning her attention to the Earth Pony in the room. “You will assist Trixie in carrying some magic ingredients!” She then turned to the three Pegasi. “You will wait for Trixie in cargo bay #2! Trixie will need you to help her set the stage.”

“Trixie,” Shining said, gaining Trixie’s attention, “What exactly is your plan?”

Trixie held her head up high. “A simple trap, with simple bait…Don’t worry, Trixie has no doubts that this will work.”

Shining Armour examined Trixie for a bit, before nodding and turning to his companions. “Right, you heard her. Let’s get to work!”

“Sir, yes, sir!”


Fifteen minutes later, Trixie arrived at the cargo bay alongside the Earth Pony, each of them carrying a bag of materials with them. The rest of the small group was already waiting for them when they got there.

Trixie checked the items collected by Shining Armour, and to his relief, she approved of their quality. She then directed her attention to the three Pegasi, who were bored out of their minds from just standing around and waiting for something to do. She instructed each of them on what to do with each item, and how to set the stage for her act.

Shining Armour agreed to help Trixie prepare the spell that he assumed would be used to capture their target. The Earth Pony Royal Guard was tasked with being on lookout duty, to make sure that nopony walked in on the group.

“So, Trixie, what exactly is your plan?” Shining Armour asked, carrying a bunch of materials over towards Trixie, as per her request.

“Trixie told you. A simple trap, with simple bait.” As if to elaborate, Trixie’s horn lit up, and an image of a Royal Guard pony and Prince Blueblood appeared, both of which began talking to each other. “Trixie doubts this terrorist will pass up the chance to take out the Prince when said Prince is offered to him on a silver platter.”

Shining frowned, disappointed in Trixie. “That’s your big plan? Sorry, Trixie, but it’s kind of…”

“Simple?” Trixie asked, smirking at Shining Armour. “Ah, but that’s exactly what he’ll be expecting.”

Shining’s eyebrow raised, and he looked at Trixie quizzically. “What do you mean?”

“Well, the security detail on this ship is quite laughable, from what you showed Trixie.” Shining nodded his head, though he clearly didn’t approve of the way that Trixie described the ship’s security. “This criminal certainly won’t be expecting you to be involved in this, nor Trixie, either.”

Shining put a hoof to his chin in thought. “So basically, he’ll be expecting a simple trap, so that’s what we’ll give him…But with something more complex hidden within it.”

“Just like one of Trixie’s shows.” Trixie sprinkled some dust on the floor, which quickly became invisible to the naked eye. “Always give the audience what they want…But a little more never hurts, either.”

“I see…And since there aren’t any guards on this ship of notable renown…” Shining quickly turned to the three Pegasi nearby, “No offence.”

“None taken,” one of them said, before continuing with the task he was given.

“Then that means that he won’t be expecting a second trap within the first…At least, not one with powerful magic.”

“Precisely,” Trixie said, “We’ll catch him off guard. A simple strategy, yet an effective one.”

“In that case, you could probably just leave the binding spell to me,” Shining said, “After all, I am trained in it. Barrier magic is my forté, and it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

“Trixie needs you to jump out and attempt to restrain him physically,” Trixie responded.

“Why?”

“To make extra sure that his attention is drawn away from any potential hidden traps. If he sees a Unicorn clad in Captain-class Royal Guard armour attacking, it’s only natural that all of his attention will be drawn to said Unicorn.”

“But I don’t have that armour with me, remember? I’m only here on vacation.”

“Trixie can take care of that. He only needs to see it for a second, so she’ll just conjure up a quick illusion.”

“And you can do all of this magic stuff at once?” one of the Pegasi, who had finished their assigned tasks, asked as he approached Trixie. “All by yourself?”

Trixie tutted and shook her head, before facing the Pegasus with a grin on her face. “Of course, for I am the Great and Powerful Trixie!” ‘Sorry, Twilight. I don’t think I’ll have the energy to keep up with you tonight.


The group waited silently behind some boxes of cargo for the pony that they were targeting to show up. They knew it wouldn’t be long now; he was after something in this cargo bay, and he could only collect it around this time, when the guard on duty outside was scheduled to swap over with another.

As expected, using his masterful arts of disguise, the cream-coloured Earth Pony stallion managed to infiltrate the cargo bay by taking the form of the guard who was supposed to be on duty at this point.

Everypony got ready to ambush the pony, just as soon as the trap was sprung. The pony was noticeably surprised to see Prince Blueblood talking with a member of the Royal Guard in the cargo bay, and even more surprised when the two ponies moved closer and began to kiss…Followed by a full on make out session between the two.

Shining Armour and the other guards were just as surprised, and turned to Trixie with questioning glances. “What?” Trixie whispered, not seeing anything wrong with it. “Why else would the Prince be sneaking around down here?”

For a moment, they weren’t sure the stallion was going to take the bait; he was just standing there, staring at the scene with a confused look on his face. Finally, he began to move forward, pulling out a small knife from his jacket. He charged at the unsuspecting Prince, and aimed his knife right at the side of his neck.

The two ponies that were previously kissing turned around suddenly, just in time to see the stallion pierce the Prince’s neck with his knife…Only for both ponies to suddenly disappear moments later.

The stallion was unfazed by this, and turned his attention to the three guards that were currently approaching him from his side. “I thought so. A simple trick like that won’t work on-” His eyes widened, as he realised that, in order for that illusion to have been possible, a Unicorn must have been nearby.

As if on cue, a white Unicorn stallion suddenly started to charge towards him, levitating a spear beside him. The stallion attempted to move back to avoid the incoming attack, but a bright light suddenly surrounding him threw off his guard. “What?!” He watched in horror as a series of chains appeared around him and attempted to hold him down.

Fortunately for the cream-coloured pony, he was no stranger to binding spells, and was prepared to deal with them. He reached into his saddlebag and pulled out a potion that would cancel out the spell and, whilst dodging Shining Armour’s attack, threw it to the ground. He expected the chains to disappear instantly, but they didn’t. Instead, they turned into giant black snakes, and continued to close in on the frightened stallion.

“W-What?! But how?!” Before the stallion could react any further, he was pinned down by Shining Armour, who levitated his spear to the stallion’s neck. “Damnit!”

“Don’t move!” Shining Armour ordered. Around him, the illusion created by Trixie faded. “You’re under arrest! Come quietly, or we will have to use force!”

Trixie approached Shining Armour as soon as the stallion was safely restrained, and was being led away by two of the Pegasus guards. “Well, that went well,” Trixie said, “But then, with the Great and Powerful Trixie assisting you, that’s only to be expected.”

Shining Armour smiled at Trixie, who undid her illusion, causing the armour and spear that he was supposedly carrying to vanish. “I have to say, that really did work out a lot better than I thought.” Shining placed a hoof on Trixie’s head, and roughed up her mane a little bit. “Good work, kid!”

Trixie batted the hoof away and straightened out her mane, her face turning a shade of red as she glared at Shining Armour. “How dare you! Treating Trixie as if she were some foal, and after all she’s done for you today! It’s because of you that Trixie’s date was-” Trixie gasped as she remembered that Twilight was probably still waiting at the library. Hopefully, she was still caught up in her reading, but Trixie knew that, with Twilight, that might not be enough of a distraction.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Shining said. “Speaking of which, how about we get together for dinner tonight? We can make it a double date.”

Trixie placed her hat back on her head once her mane was sorted out, and shook her head. “Trixie will have to decline. She has already made plans with another couple for tonight Unless Well, we could make it a triple date, or maybe that will just make things too complicated?”

Before Shining Armour could respond, he was called over by the Earth Pony guard, who was checking the terrorist’s belongings alongside the remaining Pegasus. “Hold that thought, Trixie,” Shining said as he walked over to see what was up. Trixie watched for a moment, before Shining turned to face her, his face suddenly serious. “Trixie…You go on ahead. I’ll take care of things here.”

Trixie raised an eyebrow, eyeing Shining Armour suspiciously. “What do you mean? What did you-”

“Just go,” Shining said, turning his attention away from Trixie and back to whatever it was he found. “Your marefriend’s waiting, right?”

Trixie wanted to press the issue further, but decided not to. He was right; Twilight was still waiting, and she had to hurry back to her, quickly. Besides, whatever he had found, it didn’t have anything to do with her. She had already been dragged into his business enough, she didn’t want to get dragged further into it.

“Well then, until next time, Captain Armour,” Trixie said, bowing theatrically before turning around and leaving.

As soon as Trixie left the room, Shining Armour levitated the badge that was found in the victim’s belongings. The badge which had painted on it a black Unicorn head with black wings behind it – the emblem of Nightmare Moon. “Trixie…I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t hide this from you…But for now, I think you deserve to just enjoy this peaceful moment with your special somepony.”

“Captain!” one of the Pegasus guards yelled as he ran into the room, stopping just in front of Shining Armour and saluting him. “My deepest apologies, Captain! The prisoner…He’s dead, Captain!”

“What?!” Shining Armour yelled as he jumped to his hooves. “How?!”

“Poison, Captain! It seems he injected himself with a slow acting poison, and without the antidote, he…” Shining turned his attention to the victim’s belongings, and rummaged through them. Sure enough, inside there were a bunch of needles. Some contained a blue liquid, and others contained a green liquid. “Captain?”

Shining sighed and planted a hoof to his forehead. “Yeah,” he mumbled to himself, “There’s no doubt. He’s connected to him.” ‘The one responsible for killing the Lulamoon family…


Trixie couldn’t recall the number of times that she had apologised to Twilight since meeting back up with her. When she got back to the library, Twilight had apparently finished all of the books that she was reading, and had gone off to find Trixie.

Trixie found Twilight searching for her in the arcade, and she clearly wasn’t happy with the showmare. In hindsight, Trixie probably should have thought of some kind of story to tell Twilight when she got back. The fact that she was stuttering and obviously trying to make up a story on the spot did nothing the calm down the angry librarian.

“This was supposed to be our special weekend together, Trixie. And then you go off and do your own thing, and won’t even tell me what you were doing?”

Damn you, Shining Armour! That’s the last time I do a favour for you!’ Trixie realised that she wouldn’t be able to lie her way out of this, so she did the next best thing: she tried to use her charm to win Twilight’s forgiveness. “Come on, Twi. Isn’t there anything that Trixie can do to make this up to you?” Trixie asked, rubbing her head against Twilight’s neck as she did so.

Twilight moved away from Trixie, refusing to look at her as they continued through the ship. Trixie frowned, and moved herself in front of Twilight to make her stop. “Come on! We’re supposed to be enjoying ourselves here! This is your birthday gift, can’t you just let this go?”

You’re the one who left me there all alone!”

“Trixie had something important to take care of!”

“Like what?!”

“Like-” Trixie stopped herself. She was about to reveal that she was working with the Royal Guard, but managed to catch herself before she did. Twilight sighed and walked around Trixie. This was going badly. Trixie had to do something to make Twilight forgive her. Something drastic…“Trixie had an upset stomach!” she shouted, blushing as Twilight turned around and stared at her wide-eyed. “Trixie…Wasn’t feeling so well, and she didn’t want to bother you whilst you were reading…”

“…That’s a lie,” Twilight said, narrowing her eyes at Trixie. “I can tell. You just made that up, didn’t you?”

Darn it! She’s getting good at seeing through me!’ Trixie looked around nervously as she tried desperately to think up a new excuse. “Well…You see, that is…Uh…”

Twilight noticed Trixie looking distressed, and started to feel bad for being hard on her. She quickly shook that off, reminding herself that it was Trixie who left her all alone. She took another look at Trixie, who was shuffling the ground with her hooves, and let out a deep sigh. She approached Trixie, who took a step back cautiously. “Trixie…Were you doing anything…Shameful?” she asked hesitantly.

Trixie quickly shook her head, looking offended that Twilight would even suggest such a thing. “No, of course not, Twilight! Trixie would never-”

Trixie was cut off by Twilight leaning in and planting a kiss on her cheek. Trixie muttered something under her breath and blushed deeply. When Twilight pulled away, Trixie tried to speak, but Twilight’s sudden action left her temporarily mute.

Twilight smiled and levitated Trixie’s hat off of her head, and onto her own. “Ok, Trixie. I’ll forgive you…Just don’t leave me alone like that again. Or at least tell me if you do.”

Trixie smiled back at Twilight, and was about to tell her that, technically, she did tell her. But something just didn’t feel right…She suddenly remembered the events that took place that morning, with Twilight telling Trixie about her nightmare. Suddenly, Trixie’s smile faded, and she felt doubly guilty. ‘Oh no…Trixie, you moron! She’s been having nightmares about you leaving her all alone, and then you go and do exactly that, when we’re supposed to be spending the weekend together!

Twilight noticed that Trixie was still feeling down, and leaned in to gently nuzzle her cheek. “Hey, what’s wrong? I said I forgive you, so-”

“Twilight,” Trixie interrupted, “Trixie’s been thinking…We…Don’t see each other that much, do we?” Twilight nodded. “Well, how about…Trixie was thinking about moving to Ponyville…So that we could spend more time together…”

Twilight’s face lit up, and she excitedly stared into Trixie’s eyes. “Really? You mean-”

“Do you know if there are any houses for sale in Ponyville?”

Twilight stared at Trixie blankly for a moment, and then responded with: “Eh?” She took a step back, and Trixie turned her head to the side, avoiding eye contact with Twilight. ‘Is she blushing?’ Twilight cleared her throat, and thought for a second. “What about…” Trixie turned her head to face Twilight, and now, Twilight found that she was blushing. ‘Come on! Just say it already!’ “How about…Moving in with…Me?” Twilight’s voice cracked at that last word, and she immediately felt her heart rate increase as it left her mouth. There was no going back now.

Trixie felt a smile forming on her face, and she had to stop herself from jumping at Twilight and latching onto her. “Twilight…You want Trixie…You want us to live together?” Twilight nodded. “In the same house?” Another nod. “…Together?”

“Yes!” Twilight shouted, starting to grow impatient. “Well? Yes or no?”

Twilight’s question was answered by a very loud “YES!” as Trixie finally lost her self-control and pounced Twilight all of a sudden. Twilight fell to her back and tried to push Trixie off of her, but she was too heavy, and was pinning Twilight to the floor, hugging her very tightly.

“Um…Girls?” Twilight stopped flailing about under Trixie, and the two turned their heads to look ahead of them, and saw a cream-coloured mare looking down at them with a concerned look. Next to her was a green mare giggling at the scene in front of her. “Are you two…Okay?”

The two Unicorns looked at each other, and then quickly shot up to their hooves, Twilight adjusting the hat on her head and Trixie adjusting her cape, both trying to look nonchalant. “We’re fine,” Twilight said, before turning to face Trixie, “Right?”

Trixie nodded, and placed a hoof around Twilight’s shoulder. “Never better,” she said, nuzzling Twilight’s cheek.

“Uh, ok,” Bon Bon said, “It’s just that…You were kind of…Acting strange.”

“Oh, come on, Bons,” Lyra said, wrapping her forehooves around Bon Bon’s neck, “They’re a young couple in love. Don’t you remember when we started dating?”

Bon Bon let out a deep sigh. “Yeah…It was around the same time we received countless noise complaints and charges for disturbing the peace,” she said, recalling all the times that Lyra would get just a little too enthusiastic.

Lyra simply shrugged this off, and faced the two Unicorns in front of her. “So, we still good for tonight?”

Twilight looked at Lyra quizzically, and then to Trixie, who took a moment to realise what Lyra was talking about. “Oh, that. Yes, plans haven’t changed on our end.”

“Cool,” Lyra said.

“Uh,” Twilight started, feeling like the only one left out of the loop, “What plans, exactly?”

“You haven’t told her?” Bon Bon asked.

Trixie’s ears drooped, and she backed up a little bit. “There were some…Complications,” she said, before turning to Twilight. “Basically, we’re going to be having dinner with Lyra and Bon Bon tonight.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, though she wasn’t against the idea. On the contrary, this was exactly the kind of thing she was looking forward to since meeting up with them yesterday. She was just surprised by the sudden revelation, and somewhat disappointed that Trixie seemed to have made the decision without telling her about it. “And when were you going to tell me this?”

“You were there when we discussed it,” Lyra said, quickly jumping to Trixie’s defence.

Trixie smiled and nodded, and Twilight looked at the two Unicorns with a look of disbelief on her face. “W-What? How? When was-”

“It was when you were reading,” Trixie explained, barely being able to suppress her laughter.

“Then that doesn’t count!” Twilight insisted, knowing full well how she tended to zone out when she was reading.

“So is that a no, then?” Bon Bon asked, looking somewhat disappointed.

Twilight quickly shook her head. “No, nothing like that.” Twilight turned her attention to Trixie, who flinched at her sudden glare. “I would just appreciate it if somepony would keep me informed of such things, and not make decisions like this by herself.”

“So you’re cool with it, then?” Lyra asked, to which she received a nod from Twilight. “Great! We’ll get out of your mane, then.” Lyra and Bon Bon said their goodbyes to the two Unicorns, and started to walk down the corridor. Lyra waited until they were around a corner, and then giggled to herself. “Something tells me Trixie’s in a bit of a jam right now.”

Bon Bon chuckled and agreed with Lyra. “Well, it’s none of our business,” she said, before turning to Lyra and narrowing her eyes at her. “Anyway, don’t think you’re out of the doghouse, either.”

Lyra laughed nervously, and tried to move away from Bon Bon, but the cream-coloured Earth Pony pulled her back with her hoof. “C-Come on, Bons…I said I was sorry.”


Cadance sat up and waved to Shining Armour, who had arrived at the spa to see if his marefriend was there. She was waiting for him in the lobby, reading one of the complimentary magazines. Or pretending to, at least. “So, are you done with your work now?” she asked, gazing into his eyes as she approached him.

“Yeah,” he responded, nuzzling her as she got close. He pulled back, and the two stared into each others’ eyes for a bit. “Sorry it took so long. But we can enjoy the rest of our trip for now…Except for tonight…”

Cadance frowned at this. “What do you mean?”

Shining Armour bit his lower lip, trying to think of something to say. “Well…I’ve got something important to take care of…It’s kind of hard to explain – real technical stuff – but nothing big.”

Oh, come on. That’s such an obvious lie,’ Cadance thought to herself, before smiling and planting a gentle kiss on her lover’s lips. ‘But, I know that look. He just doesn’t want me to worry. And I trust him…Maybe I’ll just go easy on him.

“Alright,” Cadance said, pulling away for a second, before leaning forward to whisper into Shining’s ear. “Then, if tonight’s no good, how about we go back to our room now?” she said in a seductive tone, laughing as she saw Shining’s cheeks light up.

Shining Armour watched as Cadance led the way out of the spa, shaking her tail provocatively as she did so, before following her, letting out a silent sigh. ‘I wonder if Trixie has to put up with this…


A/N: Thanks to TimeTravInDEMON and Campisi for pre-reading and editing this chapter.