• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 21,042 Views, 770 Comments

A Twixie Love Story - Yukito

  • ...
34
 770
 21,042

(BONUS) - A Twixie Christmas

A/N: This is a special, non-canonical chapter. The events here do not relate to the events in the main storyline, other than it taking place in the same Universe.

I hope you enjoy. Thank you all for the support throughout this story, and I hope you all have a merry Christmas! (Providing the world didn't end on the 21st. If it did, I apologize that you never got to see this story end. If there's an afterlife, I hope they have Fimfiction.net.)


Christmas – a season of joy, of love, of togetherness, and of generally enjoying the company of your family and friends. A time of great happiness for many ponies, and a time that many young fillies and colts get very excited about.

For one Twilight Sparkle, it was no different; she was just as excited about this season as a certain pink mare who had spent the last week making sure the entire town was the most festive town in all of Equestria. Said effort resulted in a total lack of sleep for the town’s residents, and an enormous drain on the town’s electricity. Mayor Mare was currently in the process of passing a new bill, which would limit the number of lights and noise-making decorations allowed in the streets of Ponyville for future Christmases.

However, back to Twilight Sparkle – the mare was excited, but not in the same way as a young foal eagerly waiting to open their presents next to a warm fire. Nor was she excited in the same way as a parent watching their child join their friends in Christmas carols. No, Twilight Sparkle was excited because she was sure that Pinkie Pie was going to love the present that she got for her.

“This will be great!” Twilight shouted cheerfully as she levitated the present onto her back. “I’ve received presents before, but I’ve never given them to anypony. Well, except for you and Shiny, but that doesn’t really count.”

Spike, who was walking alongside Twilight, carrying two presents in his claws, rolled his eyes at Twilight’s enthusiasm over something he considered mundane. “Those don’t really count, since you always got us books-”

“What’s wrong with books?!” Twilight shouted defensively. Nopony disses books with Twilight Sparkle around.

“-that we already knew the endings to because you always read them out loud to us, or near us.”

Twilight turned her head away in embarrassment, and let out a small laugh. “Well… This time, I did all the calculations, went through all the scenarios, and consulted fifteen different books, to make sure I got the perfect present!”

“I don’t really think all that was necessary.”

“True. Usually, it would be around five books. But with it being Pinkie Pie, I was having trouble making the math come out.”

“That’s not what I- … Math? Wait, you actually calculated the perfect present for her?” Twilight nodded, looking very proud of herself. “How do you even calculate something like that?”

“Don’t underestimate the power of math, my good friend.” Twilight examined the two presents being carried by her ‘number one assistant’, and started to grow curious. “Are both of those for Rarity?” she asked, arching her eyebrow.

“Nah, just one of them. But it’s a good one!” He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, and reaffirm his grip on the presents. “The other’s for Sweetie Belle.”

“Sweetie Belle? Why?”

Spike shrugged. “Why not?” he asked nonchalantly.

“No, I mean, why just her? Why not any of the other foals you’re friends with, like Snips and Snails?”

“Well… I read this interesting thing online that said, if you wanna get in somepony’s good books – that is, somepony you like – then befriending their siblings is a sure-fire method!”

Twilight frowned, and stopped in her tracks, causing Spike to stop too. “Spike, I can’t believe you!” she shouted, disappointment clear in her voice. “You’re using Sweetie Belle to get closer to Rarity?!”

Spike looked at Twilight, clearly confused as to why she was suddenly so upset. “What’s the big deal? I get closer to Rarity, Sweetie Belle gets a present or two, and also, both me and Sweetie Belle become good friends! You of all ponies should know how great it is to be friends with somepony.”

“Well, yeah,” Twilight said, but not backing down, “But only when your heart is in the right place! You’re trying to befriend her for all the wrong reasons!”

Spike sighed, and mumbled something to himself. He then repeated himself, but louder, so that Twilight could hear him. “Alright, already. I won’t use Sweetie Belle to get closer to Rarity. Happy?”

Twilight smiled, and continued walking. “Very,” she responded, before Spike continued following her.


“Merry Christmas, Twi!” Rainbow Dash shouted, presenting a gift to her friend. “I’m your Secret Santa, so here!”

“Oh! Thanks, Rainbow,” Twilight said as she happily levitated the present into the air.

“Open it up! I know you’ll like it!”

Twilight giggled a little at Rainbow’s excitement, and then slowly opened her present from Rainbow Dash. She levitated a book from inside, and her eyes lit up with excitement. She eagerly read the title, and felt her spirits drop when she saw that it was one she already owned. Of course, she didn’t visibly show this to her friend, and just kept smiling.

“Thanks, Rainbow Dash. I, er… Love it, really!”

“Look inside the cover.”

Twilight raised her eyebrow, and then opened the book up and looked at the back of the cover. Inside was the author, Pen Stroke’s, autograph. Twilight’s eyes widened, and she struggled to let out any coherent words.

“So, I take it you like it?” Rainbow asked smugly.

“I… I… I LOVE it!” Twilight exclaimed, placing the book onto the table next to her, and wrapping her forelegs around Rainbow Dash tightly. “How did you even get that? It is real, isn’t it?”

“Remember that pony I saved from a burning building last week?” Twilight nodded. “That was him.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, and she backed up to stare at the Pegasus, as if waiting for the punch line.

“So, he offered me his autograph, and I thought: “Hey, I bet Twi would love this!””

“Well… You were certainly right about that!” Twilight turned to the book, smiled widely, and then back to Rainbow Dash. “Thanks, Rainbow.”

“HA! That’s nothing, compared to what I-” Twilight’s ears drooped, and she sighed heavily as she knew what was coming. “-The Great and Powerful Trixie, have got for you!”

Twilight counted to three in her head, and then stepped slightly to the left, just in time for a cloud of smoke to appear behind her, and a blue blur to jump out and attempt to grab onto the librarian. Instead, Trixie ended up hug-tackling the air, and falling to the ground.

“Ow…” Trixie rose to her hooves and rubbed her head. “What’s the big idea?! Why did you step aside like that?!”

“Because it took me forever to make this outfit,” Twilight said, pointing to her Santa costume, “And I don’t want it to get messed up or damaged.”

Trixie pouted, and brushed the dust off of her body. She lifted her hat off the ground and placed it on her head. “You could have at least used your magic to cushion Trixie’s fall.”

Twilight smirked and leaned over to Trixie. “What? Is the ‘Great and Powerful’ Trixie afraid of a little pain?” she teased, nuzzling Trixie’s cheek. “Perhaps you’d like Twilight to kiss your owie to make it all better?”

Trixie grinned wickedly at Twilight, which was not the reaction she was hoping for. “Yes. That would please Trixie greatly, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight backed up and stared dumbfounded at Trixie, who had shifted her cape aside to reveal her flank to Twilight, and was staring back expectantly. “Well, Twilight?”

“A-hem.” The two unicorns turned to face Applejack, who was approaching them with a sly grin on her face. “Ah know Christmas is a time when couples show their love for each other, but d’ya think you could at least wait ‘til after the party?”

Pinkie Pie shot up from out of nowhere in between Applejack and Trixie. “Yeah! We can’t have any of that here! This story’s meant to be PG-13!”

“… Come again?” Trixie asked, lowering her cape to once more cover her flank.

“That’s right, Trixie,” Shining Armour said as he approached the group. “Also, I kinda feel a little uncomfortable with seeing you and my sister… Acting like that…”

Trixie chuckled at Shining as he turned red. “Very well then. We’ll save it for later… How long is this party going to last, again?”

“All night, Trixie,” Twilight answered, furrowing her brow at Trixie. “And no, we can’t borrow Pinkie’s room.”

Trixie let out a defeated moan, and began walking over to one of the refreshment tables. “Trixie is feeling rather parched, after her long journey to Ponyville. Trixie will be right back.”

“Please tell me you’re not going to get drunk,” Twilight said, practically begging. “‘Cause you remember what happened last time, right?”

“… Actually, no,” Trixie answered.

“And it’s probably for the best,” Twilight said, shivering at the memory. “Just… Stick to the juice, please?”

Trixie rolled her eyes, and walked away without a word.

“So, Twi,” Applejack started, “Ah reckon ye’re the last one now. So ah guess that means ye’re Pinkie Pie’s Secret Santa.”

“Yep,” Twilight said, her smile returning to her face as she levitated her present over towards Pinkie Pie. “I hope you like it. I had to look through a lot of books to find out what would be the perfect gift for you. I was a little surprised with the outcome, but, hey, who am I to argue with the experts?”

Pinkie excitedly took the present from Twilight magical hold, and in one lightning movement, removed it from its wrapping… Without tearing or making any openings in the wrapping paper whatsoever. The intact wrapping paper collapsed to the floor soon afterwards.

Pinkie Pie let out a loud gasp when she saw her present: a ‘drinking bird’ toy, which she quickly laid down on the floor, before dashing off to fetch a glass of water.

Shining Armour raised an eyebrow, and turned to his sister. “Um… Are you sure this is the ‘perfect present’ for her?”

Twilight looked over at Shining Armour quizzically. “Are you doubting my calculations?”

Before he could answer, Pinkie Pie rushed back into the room, and placed a glass of water in front of her new toy. She tapped it to get it started, and began giggling as she watched the plastic bird dipping its beak into the water, before moving back up, and then dipping down again.

“Well… I guess she does look like she’s enjoying it…”

“I love it! Thank you, Twilight!” Pinkie shouted, grabbing Twilight into a tight hug for a few seconds, before letting go and turning her attention back to her new toy. “Hehehe! He’s going back for more!”

“Simple minds are so easily entertained,” a voice announced. The group turned to see a cloaked pony approaching them. “It must be nice to live in such bliss, with not a care in the world.”

Shining Armour’s face suddenly took on a serious expression, and he lowered himself into an attacking stance, as if ready to pounce this newcomer. “W-What?! What are you doing here?!”

“I was invited,” the pony answered, turning to Pinkie Pie. “She said the readers might want to get to know me, before I make my big entrance.”

“The…” Shining Armour stood up straight again, and now looked at the cloaked pony with confusion. “The what?”

The pony shrugged, and levitated a glass of punch up to his lips. “Anyway, I’m just here to enjoy myself. So don’t get too bent out of shape about it…” He looked to his side, staring at something nearby for a moment, and then turned back to Shining Armour. “Oh, and perhaps you shouldn’t tell Trixie about me, either.”

Shining scowled at the pony, still ready to attack at any moment. “I think she’ll have an easy time recognising you. After all, you are-”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie has returned!” Trixie declared, approaching the group. She noticed the cloaked pony, and took a moment to examine him. Shining Armour channelled some magic into his horn, ready to back Trixie up, but this seemed to go unnoticed by the showmare. “Who are you?” she asked, causing Shining to lose his concentration as he suddenly snapped his head to her, looking at her with an incredulous look.

“My name is Goodguy Smileshine,” the cloaked pony said. “Nice to meet you.”

Trixie didn’t say anything back, but instead simply tilted her hat to ‘Goodguy’. She noticed Pinkie Pie giggling over a drinking bird toy, and walked past her, over to Twilight. “Twilight, could you come with Trixie for a moment?”

“What for?” Twilight asked.

“Trixie wants to give you her present… In private.”

Twilight blushed, and looked around at all of her friends, who were giggling and making excuses to get out of the couple’s way.

“Um… Sure,” Twilight said. Trixie walked past her and headed outside, and after a few moments, Twilight followed after her.

“Ah, to be young and in love,” Goodguy said, pulling down his hood to reveal his yellow-coated face and spiky brown mane. “It’s a shame that it’s a love that can never be.”

Shining Armour glared at Goodguy, growling angrily as he thought about how much he wanted to kick him in the face right now. “I won’t let you ruin what they have!”

“Now, now,” Goodguy said, casually lifting his drink up to his mouth and taking a sip. “Don’t go making a scene, Captain Armour. It is Christmas, after all. And I’m sure you wouldn’t want to ruin this joyous party, now would you?”

Shining continued glaring in silence for a few moments, before backing down, and picking up his own drink from the nearby table. “… By the way, your name sounds stupid.”

“Yeah, well, it did the job. Though it wasn’t necessary; she doesn’t even know my real name yet, does she?”

“No… I don’t, either, now that I think about it.”

“Hey, Shining Armour!” Shining turned his head to face Twilight’s friends, and saw Rainbow Dash calling out to him. “Come over here for a sec!”

Shining turned his gaze back to Goodguy, and lowered his drink back down to the table. “I’ll let you go, for now. But next time we meet, I will stop you.”

Shining Armour walked past the cloaked stallion, and over to where Rainbow Dash and the others were, to see what she wanted.


Twilight continued to follow Trixie through the town of Ponyville. After asking her five times where they were going, and receiving no answer each time, she eventually gave up, and simply continued to follow the blue Unicorn through the town.

The two eventually arrived at a cliff top, just outside of Ponyville. They could see the entire town before them, all lit up brightly (very brightly, thanks to Pinkie Pie). Trixie stopped in her tracks, and was soon joined by Twilight. “So, have we walked far enough now?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, this is the right spot,” Trixie responded, turning around to look over the edge of the cliff, and sitting on her haunches. She motioned for Twilight to sit beside her. “Come, Twilight. The show will be starting soon.”

Twilight arched an eyebrow, and looked at Trixie quizzically. “What show?”

Trixie only responded by patting the spot on the ground next to her with her hoof. Twilight walked over and sat down on her haunches next to Trixie. “Are you ready for the most spectacular show you’ve ever seen in your entire life?”

“Uh… Sure?” Twilight asked, not completely sure.

Trixie’s horn glowed for a second, and then, two seconds later, fireworks started to shoot up in the distance. Twilight turned around suddenly, startled by the loud explosions nearby, and stared in awe at the beautiful display in front of her.

Fireworks exploded into a variety of different shapes. Trixie noticed that Twilight was entranced by the display, and mentally praised herself before reaching a foreleg around Twilight’s shoulders to hold her closer. Twilight responded to this by leaning her head against Trixie, both mares smiling as they enjoyed this moment together.

“Merry Christmas, Twilight,” Trixie said, planting a kiss on Twilight’s forehead. “Do you like Trixie’s present to you?”

Twilight nodded, still not taking her eyes off of the display of fireworks before her. “It’s beautiful. I love it, Trixie.”

Trixie pushed Twilight back a little bit, so that she could turn the purple Unicorn to face her, and plant a gentle kiss on her lover’s lips. Twilight returned it, and the two continued to kiss for a good few minutes, the fireworks display still taking place in front of them.

When the two pulled back for some air, Twilight suddenly remembered that she still hadn’t given Trixie her present yet. “I’ve got something for you, too, Trixie.”

Trixie’s face lit up, with both joy and anticipation. “This news pleases the Great and Powerful Trixie,” she said, using her onstage voice.

Twilight opened her saddlebag with her magic, and levitated out a present from inside it. She passed it to Trixie, who grasped it with her own magic. “I hope you like it,” she said, smiling at her marefriend with that adorable smile that Trixie just couldn’t resist.

Trixie felt her heart beating faster as she opened her present. Any present from Twilight would make her happy, but she couldn’t help but be extremely excited by the idea of getting a real Christmas present for once, as opposed to just being invited to drink along with the rest of her gang members.

“It’s a wonderful read! I think you and the main character really have a lot in common!”

Trixie stared at her present for a few moments. It was a book. One that she didn’t recognise.

“It was actually written by my mother. She’s a really good writer, and this is one of her most famous books… Do you like it?”

Truth be told, Trixie was hoping for something more exciting than a book. Not that she didn’t enjoy a good read, it just wasn’t what she was expecting. Still, it was a present from Twilight. To Trixie, that meant it was something more valuable than most of the things in her trailer. This wasn’t just any old book anymore; it was something that she needed to treasure.

She smiled at Twilight, and leaned forward. Twilight expected a kiss, and prepared herself, but instead simply received a hug. “Thank you, Twilight. Trixie will treasure it, always.”

Twilight hugged Trixie back, happy that she seemed to like her present. The fireworks display ended soon after, but the two remained on the cliff top for a while, leaning against each other, forehooves connected, staring out at the stars.

“Merry Christmas, Twilight.”

“Merry Christmas, Trixie.”


A/N: Thanks to TimeTravInDEMON and Campisi for pre-reading and editing this chapter.