• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,181

Chapter 1

Sunset cried as she sat in her apartment. She had just returned from Sugar Cube Corner trying to talk to her friends, but they refused to listen to her. They refused to believe she wasn’t this Anon-A-Miss that has been on MyStable for the past few days. She remembered what Canterlot High said to her while she walked through the halls. She-Demon. Bitch. Monster. Whore. And many more unpleasant names. But it hurt more hearing her friends call her those names. They told her to stay away from them or else. Sunset cried before them and left, telling them not to worry. Sunset looked down at her phone knowing full well none of her friends would text her. It didn’t matter. After tonight, she wont have to worry about them anymore. Sunset stood up and went to her kitchen grabbing a knife. She looked down at the blade in her hands and sighed before taking the blade to her wrists and begun.





“Open your eyes”

Sunset slowly opened her eyes as she sat up. “Wha… what happened?” She asked no one in particular as she sat up and looked around. She was no longer in her apartment from the looks of it. Instead she seemed to be in some sort of basement. She looked where she sat and noticed she was sitting in some kind of liquid. She climbed out of it and looked at her wrists. No cuts. “Didn’t I just try to…” She asked before noticing she was only in her underwear. “Where are my clothes?” she asked, no abit upset. She turned around to plain old shirt and pair of pants sitting on what appeared to be an old dresser. Sighing, she put them on only to notice a note fall to the floor.

She leaned down and picked it up reading, “Hope these fit you when you awake.” Setting the note down, she looked around until her eyes fell back to the paper. “did someone expect me to be here?” sighing figuring she wouldn’t be getting any answers, she noticed a hole in the wall on the other side of the chamber and made her way over. Climbing up, she looked around the room she was now in, only to notice this was her apartment, but in ruin. “What is going on here?” she asked before frowning and giving a sigh. “How many question’s am I gonna have to ask before I finally get an answer…” she said before walking over to the window. What she saw threw her for a loop. “No… that cant be…” She turned and ran for the roof of the apartment. As she burst out the door, she skidded to a halt and gasped. The neighborhood, No… The entire city of Canterlot… Was in ruin’s! “I…. I gotta be dreaming… Ya, that’s it.” She said only for a voice to be heard.

“Sunset…. You are the light… Our light! At one point in your life you were supposed to defend us, but you were no longer there. The world needs you to shine for us before the Calamity strikes…” Sunset blinked at what she heard.

“Me? The light?” she looked down at her wrists where she cut herself. “How can I be the light?” she asked turning around.

Sunset made her way out of the neighborhood towards Canterlot High. Maybe she could get some answer’s there. As she walked up to the building, she stopped remembering how her fellow students acted to her. Her hands formed fists and she breathed. “No… I have to find out what happened…” She said and continued to the school. She entered the building and made her way to the principal’s office. She knocked on the door only for it to fall over. Suddenly she heard the sound of someone scrambling around.

“Get back Demons! We wont go down that-“ Said a clocked woman as she stood in front of the doorway with a pocket knife. “Who are you?” she asked slowly lowering her weapon. Sunset blinked at her and looked around.

“Where’s Principal Celestia?” she asked. As the woman finally lowered her defense’s with a puzzled look.

“Celestia? She hasn’t worked here in 100 year’s child.” Sunset blinked at the woman.

“Did you say… 100 years?” The woman nodded and sat at the chair.

“She left shortly after she found out one of her student’s commited suicide thanks’ to the actions of this ‘Anon-A-Miss’ person..” Sunset gasped at what she was told.

“Who was the student?” she asked only to hear a sound. She spun around only to see something standing at the door. “What is that?” She screamed leaping back. The creature stood on two legs, was blue and black, and had horn’s on its head with what looked like bat wing’s on its back, though they pretty much looked useless.

She heard the woman shout at her and turned as she was holding a sword in her hand. “CATCH!” she said throwing the blade at Sunset. Somehow, she grabbed the blade by the handle and with the momentum the blade carried, she used it to spin herself around and slice the monster through its chest. She gasped at what she did as blood flew everywhere from it. However, all it did was just make the monster angrier as it charged at her. Sunset, without really thinking, charged at it as well, holding the blade out as she stabbed the beast through the heart. She drew the blade back as the beast roared in pain before falling to the ground dead. Sunset begun breathing heavily as she turned to the woman.

“WHAT WAS THAT?” she asked loudly as the woman walked forward and looked at the beast.

“That… was a demon from the pits of hell… Where have you been? Everyone still alive knows that.” Sunset blinked at what she just heard and turned to the demon.

She turned back to the woman and said, “what was the student’s name?” she asked the woman.

The woman returned to her table and looked at the paper’s. “Her name was Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset frowned and stepped forward to see if this woman knew about who the student’s claimed her to be.

“What did you know about her?” she asked. The woman frowned and looked at the paper’s of the girl.

“She had a rough start here, being the queen Alpha-Bitch… But after the Fall Formal, she changed. She tried to be a new person, but few people gave her a chance, only for those few people to leave her… We were traumatized when we found out she had took her own life.” The woman said trying to hide the tears under her hood. Sunset placed her hand on the woman’s shoulder. The woman looked up at her as the light from outside came in from the window, allowing her to finally get a better look at her.

“You said ‘we’… did you know her?” Sunset said as she tried to hold back her tears. The woman nodded and stood up.

“I was once one of her friends… if I could go back and take back what I said…” She said as Sunset gave a soft smile.

“It’s ok… I forgive you.” She said causing the woman to blink.

“Wait… your Sunset Shimmer?” She asked. Sunset nodded and stepped into the light seeping in through the blinds on the window. She gasped and took a step back. “No… that can’t be… I saw what we had done… I helped bury you…” she exclaimed in fear before turning around taking deep breaths.

“who are you?” Sunset asked stepping towards her. The woman finally sighed and removed her hood, causing Sunset to gasp at what she saw. Rainbow hair. The woman turned around and gave a small but hurt smile. “It’s me Sunset… Im Rainbow Dash…”

Rainbow Dash walked out onto the roof of the school with Sunset following close behind carrying the sword Rainbow tossed her from earlier. “Wait, how have you been alive for this long?” Sunset asked as she stood next to her old friend. Rainbow turned to her and sighed pointing to a structure far to the north.

“It’s complicated… Lets just say the past 100 years haven’t been pleasant… ever since that…” she pointed ahead. Sunset turned towards where Rainbow was pointing and squinted. There, out in the distance, was what appeared to be a massive tower.

“Where did that come fr-“ She asked only for Rainbow Dash to hold her hand up. Suddenly she saw what appeared to be a massive ozzing cloud to appear from the ground, only for a figure to appear out of it. “WHAT IS THAT?” Sunset screamed stepping back. Rainbow Dash sighed and turned to her old friend.

“That is the Calamity Sparkle…She originally was our world’s Twilight Sparkle before she was corrupted by magic and became Midnight Sparkle. She destroyed everything in her path, soon bringing the entire world to ruin… However, she lost a lot of energy doing so and made that tower to regain her energy.” Sunset looked at what was at one point a normal human.

“Do you think… there’s still a piece of her old self still trapped in there?” she asked Rainbow Dash. Rainbow hung her head down and shook her head.

“When she destroyed the world, she opened the gates of Hell… quite literally, and sized control of the armies of hell, trapping their king and taking the whore queen to be her servant… “ Rainbow said to which Sunset blinked at the last part.

“wait… she really did that?” she asked to which Rainbow nodded and went back down stairs with Sunset close behind.

“You still didn’t explain how your still alive 100 years later.” She said as they returned to Dash’s office. Rainbow sat down in her chair and sighed.

“Midnight Sparkle was created after Twilight Sparkle was corrupted by magic… where do you think the magic came from?” She asked as Sunset sat in front of her. “Twilight got the magic from me and the other girls…. After she became the Calamity Sparkle, she latched onto us and has been draining our magic from us for years, and since our magic will return to us over time, she forces our bodies to stay alive…” Rainbow finished head hung low.

Sunset frowned and said, “So… your pretty much her batteries?” Rainbow looked up and frowned.

“No… at least… Im not…. Not to the extent that the other’s are… She sent hoard’s of demons after the other girls and captured them, placed them in four different cities, and strapped them down so they couldn’t escape, and feed’s off them…”

Sunset gasped at what she heard and asked, “what about you?”

Rainbow chuckled and turned around. “I wont go down that easily… Shortly after she came into power, I signed up for a military unit called 'The C.O.G. I was trained on how to defend myself and other’s… however, by the time I found out the girls were in danger, it was to late… they were gone. I had failed my friends… just like how I failed you…” she said lowering her head in shame. Sunset gently took Rainbow’s hand in hers causing Rainbow to look up.

“Im here now… I don’t understand how, but I am. Now tell me how I can help.”

Rainbow gave a soft smile and got to her feet. “We need to cut Sparkle off from draining the magic from the other’s. It will weaken her allowing for us to take her down once and for all…” She said causing Sunset to blink in confusion.

“Wait… what about the magic she drain’s from you? How is she doing it to you if you’re not captured?” She asked as Rainbow moved her hair on the back of her head away revealing a device there.

“This has been draing it from me. They managed to slap this on me when they attempted a capture. Its not as powerful since it never got plugged up to what they have where I was supposed to go after being captured, but as long as it drain’s me, Sparkle never cared. Thing is, I cant take it off without going to that city, and they will capture me almost immediately… And Id rather my friends be safe before I am freed…” She said proudly at the end. Sunset nodded and put her hand on the adult’s shoulder.

“Then Ill go and free our friends… It’s the least I can do after the pain I put you all through.” She said with a determined look. Rainbow nodded and opened a drawer in the desk.

“Then you might need a better outfit than that. Clothes like that are bound to not withstand the trials ahead of you.” She said as she pulled out a shirt with what appeared to be her cutie mark designed into the shoulder’s, with the image of a blade in the middle, a scabbard and belt for her sword, a hood, a mask and goggles, some arm and leg guards, and a new pair of pants with some funky design’s on them. “Go get suited up. You’ve got a long road ahead of you.”

Author's Note:

ok, so you guys see that crossover tag? well unlike with my other crossover's where I flat out tell you what Im crossing over with, this time Im gonna let you guys figure it out as there are a couple of things in this story. I figured since this is pretty much a post apocalyptic setting, I could get away with hints at what the things are going around. Some will be obvious, some might not be. But hey, thats apart of the fun. Also like I said in the story description, let me know if there are any fuck ups. I did my best but when I cant see the screen, it can get kinda hard