• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,181

Chapter 2

Sunset walked out onto the street fully dressed and looked towards the center of Canterlot. Rainbow Dash walked over beside her and crossed her arms. “You’ve got a long journey ahead of you Sunset… You know that, right?” she asked as Sunset nodded stretching her hands in her gloves. “In the center of town is the prison of the Demon King. Despite the fact it’s the last thing we should ever do, you need to free him.” Sunset turned at Rainbow Dash confused.

“Why do I have to free him exactly?” she asked as Rainbow Dash frowned.

“He used to be close to Calamity Sparkle. However, she betrayed him and sealed him away. Im sure He will be willing to assist you in your quest.” Rainbow told her. Sunset nodded and begun to head out only for Rainbow to stop her. “Wait… your gonna need this.” She said handing her a shield. “With how dangerous it is out there, and your limited sword training, your gonna be using this a lot.” Sunset gave a nod and strapped the shield onto her back. Rainbow then handed her a little touch screen phone.

“What this for?” Sunset asked looking at it.

“It’s a phone from 100 years ago. I modified it to use it like a pair of binoculars and a map of the area around you. Im sure you can find other ways to use it as well.” Sunset nodded and clipped it to her scabbard belt and got ready to set out once more only for Rainbow to stop her. “Sunset…. Good luck” Rainbow said with a pause. Sunset thought it looked like Rainbow was hiding something but shrugged it off and nodded, finally leaving.

Sunset climbed over the rubble of a building and looked around. “I still cant believe all this happened…” She muttered as she rounded a corner. She stopped when she saw a couple of Demons arguing with each other as a small group of humans were cowering between them. Sunset frowned and pulled out the phone Rainbow gave her and opened the binoculars mode. Looking at the humans, she coulda sworn she thought it was some of her old students, but older. She put the phone away and got up, making her way closer. She accidentally kicked a rock causing one of the Demons to hear it and turned around, spotting her and screaming for the others to notice her.

She gulped and pulled out her sword and shield as they ran towards her. “Here goes nothing…” She muttered and dodged one of the Demon’s axes before swinging her sword, hitting it in the shoulder and cutting its arm off. It screamed in pain as she swung her shield into its mouth before leaping back as a second Demon attempted to grab her she then spun around and sliced a third Demon, cutting its horns off. However all this seemed to do was piss it off as it charged at her swinging its ax like crazy. Sunset threw her shield up managing to have the ax bounce off, stunning it. She then leaped into the air and swung her blade down, cutting the Demon’s chest open, blood and organs spilling out as it fell.

Suddenly she was kicked to the ground as the second Demon grinned standing over her and raised it’s ax to cut her in half. Sunset however swung her leg’s around knocking it over and leaped to her feet, forcing her shield onto it’s head, crushing it instantly. She then turned to the first Demon still screaming about it’s arm. She returned her weapons to where she had them and picked up one of the axes and threw it at it’s chest, impaling it. Sunset walked forward and put her foot on it’s chest and grabbed the ax, yanking it out killing it finally.

She sighed and looked around her. “I cant believe I did that…” She muttered before turning to the humans. “I better check on them.” She added and walked over. The humans, two women, were still cowering in fear with their eye’s closed showing they saw nothing. “Hey, are you two ok?” Sunset asked leaning down to them. They slowly opened their eye’s and gasped not at the Demon’s dead, but at who saved them.

“S-Sunset?” one of the women, with blue and pink hair and yellow skin, asked. Sunset nodded and offered her hands to them. Both of them slid away from her and stood up.

“Well Bon-Bon, I guess this just proves that Sunset Shimmer is still as rotten as ever.” The second woman, with minty like hair and green skin, said causing Sunset to take a step back.

“What do you mean?” She asked as Bon-Bon nodded at her friend before turning back to Sunset.

“Lyra’s right. You think it’s funny to let people think your dead?” she said pointing angrily at Sunset. Sunset stepped forward and grabbed Bon-Bon’s arm.

“Why would I-“ She began only to stop as her mind’s eye saw something new.


“I can’t believe She actually did that…” Bon-Bon said sitting in the Gym as Principle Celestia was talking about the news. Apparently Sunset Shimmer, the student who everyone had claimed to be “Anon-A-Miss, had taken her own life two weeks ago. What no one could believe was that it took so long for someone to find out about her. Even her supposed friends didn’t really seem to of cared that she wasn’t there for those two weeks. The school had only heard the news about it after Sunset’s land lord had called the school after her neighbor’s complained about the smell coming from her apartment.

“I know” Lyra said as she wiped her eyes, “I thought for sure she was the one… but for to take her own life…” She broke out into a new set of tears as Bon-Bon hugged her friend.


Sunset let go of Bon-Bon’s arm and shook her head as they looked at her weird.

“I honestly thought nobody would care that I was gone…” She said with sorrow in her voice. The two friends looked at Sunset confused.

“You mean… you actually did it?” Lyra asked slowly. Sunset nodded slowly.

“I was at an all time low. Everyone hated me, including my friends… so I slit my wrists… next thing I knew, I was waking up underneath my apartment building in a strange pool and my cuts healed.” Sunset said . Lyra and Bon-Bon looked at her face and saw the truth.

“Sunset were so- LOOK OUT! ”Lyra shouted as aan other Demon, this one looking more like a skeleton, sprung from the ground. Instantly Sunset’s face went from sad to serious as she drew her blade out and spun around, knocking its rib cage out, before pulling her shield out and knocking its head off. The Skeleton began wander around aimlessly as the head kept trying to guide it over to it before noticing Sunset standing over it sword facing down. If it could gulp, it would of as Sunset stabbed it right between the eye’s, having it explode to piece’s. The skeleton’s body suddenly collapsed with its brain gone, its bones turning to dust. The girls looked at where the head was and back to Sunset who was returning her equipment to where she had it.

“you… saved us?” Bon-Bon asked in shock.

Sunset nodded and turned around. “You better get out of here before more come for you.” She said before she continued on her mission.


Sunset had been making her way by foot for an hour now and was growing frustrated. “Where the hell is this stupid prison?” She asked before sitting down on the hood of a damaged car and pulled out her phone. Checking the map, she soon noticed the prison was just a few blocks away. She put it away and climbed up a nearby building to get a better view. Once there, she pulled out the phone again and scanned around to see some kind of ring in the center of town where the mayor’s office used to be.

“Guess that’s where he is.” She muttered and leapt down, rolling into a jog. She soon reached it and scanned the area. She frowned at the spotting of a much larger demon covered in armor stomping around. “That must be his guard…” she muttered to herself and pulled down her goggles as she scanned his body over for a weak point. She pulled up her hood and mask and drew her sword and shield and made her way in. The Demon stopped stomping around when it heard a new set of footsteps and turned to see a girl making her way to him.

The Demon laughed and drew its weapon. “Little Girl, what do you intend to do here?” He asked with a dark chuckle. Sunset frowned and got into a fighting position.

“Im here for an audience with your prisoner.” She said boldly. The Demon just laughed and swung his sword.

“Id like to see you try.” He growled. Sunset finished scanning him as his weak point was revealed.

“I wont need to try.” She said with confidence and got ready for battle. The Demon growled and swung his blade down, only for Sunset to raise her shield. However, the blow knocked her back a few feet toward the edge of the ring and looked behind her where lava was oozing around the arena. “Great… no pressure.” She said before facing her opponent. She charged at him only for him to swing his blade down again. This time, Sunset leaped to the side as the blade crashed down, only to leap back onto the sword and ran up his arm before swinging at his back, knocking him forward. The Demon rolled forward abit before standing back up and roared at her.

“I WILL TAKE YOUR HEAD!” it screamed at her before swinging his arm and summoning five Demon’s she fought earlier and ordered them to attack her. Sunset gripped her sword and pulled it close to her. She waited til they all closed in before she leaped up, swinging her sword and hitting every one of them, before swinging down, using the impact to knock them all down, killing them. The Leader roared and charged at her. Sunset charged as well before sliding underneath his feet and leaping onto his back stabbing him repeatedly. The stabs injured the Demon badly and force him to drop his sword. Sunset leaped down and grabbed his weapon, before swinging it around and slicing his head clean off. Sunset dropped the weapon and panted, never having to use that much strength before.

“I sure wish there were some strength increasing equipment, otherwise Ill hurt myself trying stuff like that…” She said before walking forward. She noticed there was a lever sitting to the side and walked over, pulling it. She watched as blood began to pour to the center as the circles began to glow. She returned to the center as it opened up, and a large clawed hand emerged from below. Sunset stepped back as the Demon pulled itself out.

“So… someone decided to show some heart for me…” he said with a growl before looking at his rescuer and smiled. “Hello Sunset Shimmer” he said shocking her.

“You know me?” she asked in surprise. The Demon nodded and walked around her.

“Oh yes, I am well aware of who you are. After all, I was most thrilled by your actions at the Fall Formal.” He said with a grin causing Sunset to frown in shame at being reminded of the Fall Formal. “Oh don’t give me that girl. You stand before The Demon King, Samael. Do show some bravery or you might not survive your trial’s up ahead.” He growled.

Sunset looked up at him and asked, “You already know why I came?” Samael nodded and sat on the side of the arena.

“Indeed Sunset. In fact, you could say I know a great deal about you, more than even you know.” He said.

Sunset stepped forward and replied, “So you know why and how I came back to life?”

Samael nodded and pointed towards the Tower. “100 years ago, you were destined to stop Midnight Sparkle at the Friendship Games. However, thanks to some students I never got a chance to punish, you took your own life, and Midnight took over the world, becoming the Calamity Sparkle. You were brought back to be given a second chance and defeat her.” He said crossing his arms.

“What about the pool I woke up in?” She asked.

Samael frowned and said, “Im afraid that I have no knowledge of. You will have to seek out those who serve the light to find out about that.” Sunset sighed and nodded. Samael got up and walked towards the other side of the arena and pointed. “There you will find one of your friends trapped in the ruins of Manehatten. The road there is treacherous, and at your current state, you wouldn’t make it without taking a swim in lava.”

Sunset gulped at the thought and asked. “Do you have any suggestions?”

Samael grinned and turned towards her. “I suppose I can grant you some power to help you reach the city.” He stepped forward and breathed into her face, only for her to be thrown into the air as a pair of demon wing’s burst out from her back.

“GAH!” She screamed looking at them. “WHAT DID YOU DO?” she screamed as Samael chuckled sitting back down.

“Do you remember these? You once had them when you turned into a demon. I’ve simply returned them to you for your mission. With these, you should be able to fly across the lava, if only temporarily.” He said with a chuckle. Sunset landed back on the ground as her new wings folded up and hid behind her shield. “Now then, before you go, I have a deal for you…” Samael said with a growl and stepped towards her. “There are four guardians who will stand before you and your friends. I want you to bring me their hearts. Do this, and I will grant you knew abilities to be able to save your other friends and stand up to the Calamity.”

Sunset frowned and replied, “I don’t get a choice in this, do I?”

Samael chuckled and sat back down. “No, you don’t. Not if you want to save everyone.” He said darkly. Sunset sighed and turned around to leave. “Oh, one last thing girl… How do you suppose you were able to see into that girl’s mind? Must be some new kind of magic” Samael said causing her to spin around.

“You know about that?” she asked causing Samael to chuckle.

“I told you, I know a great deal about you. Now get moving.”

Author's Note:

wooo, new chapter. So Seem's Sunset has to make a deal with Samael himself in order to save her friends... But wait... Samael isnt in Breath of the Wild... you know, the only part of the crossover people were able to spot... Hmm...

anyways folks, once again, enjoy the read, and if there are typo's let me know

also, shout out to Diablo4000 for suggesting I give links to the picture's to the demons in the story since Im not really describing them.

Samael: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/darksiders/images/a/a6/Samael_screen.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20120115122638
(also, it seems I got his info wrong, hes the Demon Prince... but fuck it, Demon King sounds cooler)
Samael's guard: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/darksiders/images/6/6e/Gladiator_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110828190252
the demon's he summoned: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/darksiders/images/6/69/Phantom..jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110825202333
the Skeleton warrior: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/darksiders/images/1/11/Skull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110825202127