• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,181

Chapter 4

Sunset walked slowly into the city as the sun was setting. She looked around as she saw what remained of the human’s in this city as they clung together for warmth near lit trash cans and old furnaces. She noticed that the same red gear with a skull spray spray painted was on every building. Sunset walked over to a civilian, a young boy trying to get an old Chimpokomon game to work, and tapped his shoulder. The boy turned around and looked at her cross.

“Can I help you?” he asked abit annoyed. Sunset pointed to the symbol and asked,

“Can you tell me what that means?” The boy almost busted out laughing.

“Where the heck have you been lady? That’s the symbol of the C.O.G. Unit. They control this city, those jerk’s…” He said spitting at the symbol.

Sunset gave a confused look and asked, “I have a friend that said she had joined a team called the C.O.G.. Why would you hate them?”

“Because those bastard’s couldn’t do their damn job in stopping the Calamity.” A voice from behind Sunset said. Sunset spun around to see a woman with cream skin and brown hair stand there. The woman leaned to the side and looked at the boy and said, “Go inside Button.” Button nodded and ran into a building as she returned her focus to Sunset. “As I was saying, they were formed with one task, stop the Calamity and whatever was infected by it. Unfortunately, they picked a fucking moron to lead, and instead of stopping her, he let her continue. He said he couldn’t harm her. Nobody know’s why, but everyone hates him for it. At least he let his unit take down any of the infected human’s, called Locasts, whenever they try to enter the city, so at least their good for something.” Sunset crossed her arms and looked at the symbol.

“I need to talk with their leader then.” She said and turned to the woman. “Which way do I go?” The woman frowned and pointed to a nearby building. “That’s C.O.G. Central. Don’t see why they would listen to you though.”


Sunset walked up to the building and closed her fists as she made her way to the door. Suddenly a voice came over the intercom. “”HAULT! No trespassing!” Sunset looked up and saw a camera.

“Im here to speak to your boss concerning the Calamity and some info on the Church my friend is held captive in.” She said with fire in her eyes. There was a silence before the voice came back.

“You were… friends with Lady Applejack?” Sunset nodded. “…. Who are you?”

She pointed to herself and exclaimed, “I am Sunset Shimmer, The one destined to defeat the Calamity Sparkle!” The silence returned until the door unlocked and slide open.

“Come on in Miss Shimmer.” The voice said finally. Sunset nodded and made her way in. She looked around and saw men and women around her hard at work. Some of them she recognized, but a lot of them she didn’t. Guessing that had to do with it being Manehatten and she had never been outside of Canterlot until now. She noticed some of them were carrying massive guns with what appeared to be chainsaw’s attached to them. She frowned and made her way to the front desk. The man behind the desk stood up and looked her up and down.

“So Miss Shimmer, what makes you think your up to take on the Calamity?” He asked, his voice matching the one outside on the intercom. Sunset sighed and told him her story thus far. The man, with all his bulk, nodded and turned to the PDA. “Mr. Armor, there is someone here to see you.” He said. A voice came through a few seconds later. “Ugh… Send them up.” It said sounding unhappy. The man turned to her and pointed to an elevator. “Fifth floor.” She nodded and went over and hit the button.

The Elevator doors opened as Sunset stepped out into the office. Mr. Armor was sitting in a chair facing the other way polishing a gun.

“So another citizen has come here to complain to me about not stopping the Calamity…” He said taking Sunset back abit.

“No tha-“ She started to say only for him to spin around.

“Well Im sorry, but I just cant…. Wait, who are you?” He asked now noticing he never seen Sunset before in his life. Sunset cleared her throat and stepped forward to him.

“My name is Sunset Shimmer. I came to you for knowledge about the Great Calamity and about the Church my friend is held in.” She said. Mr. Armor leaned back abit and folded his hands together.

“Pray tell, why would you need that kind of info?” he said spinning around.

Sunset sighed and said, “Youll think it sounds like Im an egomaniac, but I can stop the Calamity.” Mr. Armor spun around again and looked at her.

“Your right, that does sound like an egomaniac. What makes you so sure YOU can do it?” he asked with interest.

“Because… according to Samael, I was supposed to Defeat Midnight Sparkle 100 years ago, but failed to show up for the moment.” She said.

Armor slowly stood up and asked, “Why didn’t you show up?”

Sunset looked away and frowned. “I had taken my own life…” Mr. Armor blinked and shook his head.

“Girl, we don’t have time for sick jokes. Your wasting my time.” He said getting ready to sit down until Sunset grabbed his hand. “What are you doing kid?” He snapped at her.

“Trying something new.” She said and focused closing her eyes. Mr. Armor suddenly saw into her mind and saw a young woman sitting alone in a corner, alone, hated, and with no reason to care anymore. He saw a knife, then blood, then a body laying there. He soon realized it was indeed the same girl standing before him. Meanwhile Sunset saw into his mind and saw the reason he didn’t stop the Calamity.


Mr. Armor pulled up to the marry’s office and leapt out of the jeep. He had gotten a hint at the monster that had taken his little sister a few days ago, and had assembled his squad to get her back and end this nightmare.

“Alright unit, get in position’s! When this thing shows up I want to make it beg for its life!” He yelled at his troops as he pulled out his Lancer. After everyone was set, they waited. They didn’t have to wait for long as the front door’s to the office were blasted off their hinges, landing on their jeep. “READY!” He screamed. Everyone pulled their guns up as footstep’s were heard. “AIM!” Everyone got into an aiming stance as the figure stepped out into the open. Before Mr. Armor could shout the command, the Figure shouted it for him.

“FIRE!” She said as beams of energy shot from her hands and into Mr. Armor’s troops. He watched as they all fell over onto the ground, their heart’s stopped. He looked at the woman standing before him and gasped. She was purple, dark Purple, with wings as black as the night on her back, her hair stood up, almost radiating with pure power. Her dress was looked like it was sowed by demons. And she had a jagged horn growing out of her forehead with firey like glasses over her eyes, which also glowed with pure power. But what got him was that her hair was almost like his little sister’s.

“Who are you?” He asked as she walked closer to him, laughing.

“Oh how sad, Little Shinning Armor wants his baby sister back, doesn’t he?” She said with glee. He was taken aback at the mention of his name.

“How do you know me?” He said aiming his lancer. She laughed sickly and gently grabbed the gun.

“Oh, I know a great deal about you…. After all…. We are B.B.B.F.F.’s aren’t we?” She said teasingly.

Shinning Armor frowned and rose a fist. “You… Your NOT Twilight!” He said getting ready to throw it only for her to stop him.

“Oh, but I AM Twilight Sparkle… Although I do much prefer the name Midnight Sparkle nowaday’s. Much more sinister, don’t you think?” She said turning away. Shinning Armor shook with anger and rose his gun to her.

“GIVE HER BACK!” He shouted only for her to laugh hysterically.

“Or WHAT?” Youll Shoot me? You wouldn’t dare. After all…“ Suddenly her sinister voice changed into the sweet girl she once was, “Youll never see your precious little sister again if you do! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!”


Sunset let go of his hand and looked at his face.

“Im sorry Shinning Armor… Im sorry for what happened to your sister…”

Shinning Armor blinked back the tear’s forming and asked, “Who are you?” Sunset smiled and took his hand again.

“Im the one who’s gonna save your sister, as well as the rest of this world.”


The elevator Door opened as Mr. Armor and Sunset stepped out onto the first floor.

“Alright Team, listen up!” Mr. Armor said as everyone turned to their commanding officer. “This here is Sunset Shimmer. This young woman offered a solution on how to stop the Calamity. We need to get her to the church on the outskirt’s of the city so she can free her friend and stop Calamity Sparkle’s Source of power.”

A woman stepped forward, with green skin and orangish yellow hair and asked, “Why her?”

Sunset frowned and replied, “Cause its my fault this all happened, and now Im gonna fix it.” The woman burst out laughing.

“Don’t get me started. Your way to young to be there for The Calamity!” Sunset rolled her eyes walked over and grabbed her by the collar and brought her to meet her eye’s.

“Do I look like Im joking to you?” she asked simply. The woman looked into her eyes and saw a woman who would go to the end’s of the earth to save her friends, but also saw great pain.

“N-No Mama!” She stuttered. Sunset let her go and turned to the other solders.

“Alright, I need a jeep and 3 of your best soldier’s as back up.”

Mr.. Armor pointed at the bulky one from before, “Bulk Biceps,” then to a younger woman with brown skin and yellow hair, “Little Strongheart,” and then finally to the woman Sunset just spoke to, “and Lightning Dust are the best we got.” He said. Sunset nodded and turned to them as they grouped up.

“I need one of you to drive, one on look out, and one on point with me.” She said as she pulled her phone out and handed it to Mr. Armor. “I also need a map of the area downloaded onto this.” She said as he took it and nodded.

Strongheart stepped forward and asked, “Mama, do you know how to wield a gun?” Sunset blinked and shook her head.

“No… I was planning on using my sword…” She said motioning to her weapon. Strongheart sighed and turned around.

“With all due respect, Your gonna need something better than a sword for the trip.” She walked over to a wall and pulled down a slightly modified lancer. “This is a Morph-Lancer. Smaller than normal one’s, but with the tech we put into it, it can be 12 guns in one if needed.” She said tossing it to Sunset. She caught it with some disgust and looked it over.

“And I thought having to kill things with a sword was bad enough” she muttered to herself before looking up. “Are you sure this is the only way?” she asked to which Strongheart nodded.

“Im afraid so.” Sunset sighed and turned the gun over.

“I guess for now Ill use it.” She looked at Strongheart and Bulk Biceps. “Guess you two get to show me how to use it.” She said as the saluted her.


Sunset stretched as she stepped into the morning light with Bulk, Strongheart, and Lightning Dust. “Ugh, how do you all sleep on those beds?” she asked attempting to pop her back.

Bulk chuckled and replied, “you get used to it.”

Lightning Dust frowned and said, “Speak for yourself. Ive been sleeping on that bed for 20 years and still cant find a comfy spot!” The group chuckled at her comment as they made their way over to the jeep.

Sunset turned and asked, “wait… Ive been wondering… how exactly has everyone stayed alive? I mean I can understand my friends since they are being drained of magic constantly, but how has no one else from 100 years ago died?”

Strongheart climbed onto the back of the jeep and said, “when the entire world is pretty much the new hell, where else are we gonna go when we die?”

Sunset frowned and climbed into the back with her. “I see… well I guess Ill add that to the list.” She said pulling out her morph lancer. Lightning Dust climbed into the passenger seat as Sunset handed her the phone with the new map added. “Keep us on the path, ok?” Sunset said to which Lightning nodded. Bulk climbed in and started the jeep up.

“Hold tight!” he said as he hit the pedal.

The drive had been going on for 30 minutes and Sunset was getting nervous. “I don’t like this!” She said as they drove onto a bridge. “This place is just idle for an ambush!” She said as Strongheart turned to her.

“Ya. Its weird how no locusts or demons have attempted to attack us yet.” Bulk and Lightning nodded as Lightning returned focus to the map.

“The church is about ten minutes from here.” She said as a small buzzing sound began to be heard. Sunset looked around trying to find the source of the noise.

“Whats that sound?” she asked as Strongheart brought the gun on the jeep to life.

“WE GOT FLIERS!” she shouted aiming to the sky. Sunset looked up and gasped. She saw giant flying demons flying at them, their wings flapping fast, faster than a mocking bird. They had tenticals hanging from their mouths, as well as what appeared to be their entire body, and for some reason didn’t appear to have any faces. And on top of them where a few demons like the one she first fought back at Canterlot high. She frowned and pulled her Morph Lancer up and got ready to fire, only to have it rebuild itself into a small Gatling gun. Strongheart looked at her and shouted. “LETS BLOW THOSE SONS OF BITCHES OUT OF THE SKY!” Sunset nodded and aimed at the first one flying towards them and pulled the trigger. She had been training last night with the standard form of the Morph Lancer and had gotten used to the fire power. She however was not ready to its new mode as it almost knocked her back from the force as it spewed ten shots in a matter of seconds, eating away at the belly of the beast. Getting ahold of herself, she retook her position and went back to firing, noticing Strongheart had already downed a second one. Sunset fired again cutting through the demons wings as it fell off to the side of the bridge, only for one of it’s passengers to leap at the jeep. Sunset turned the gun back to it as it reformed back to its original form and she started its chainsaw mode. The demon didn’t stand a chance as her saw met its side, cutting through its body in seconds. She watched as it fell to the ground and fist pumped.

“DON’T GET TO COCKY!” Lightning shouted as another flier flew at them. Strongheart unleashed a spray of bullets on it, spraying its blood everywhere. Sunset spit out the bit that got in her mouth and spotted the 4th and last one coming at them. Suddenly the two riders leaped off and onto the jeep.

“ITS BAD ENOUGH WITH FOUR IN HERE, BUT THERES NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR SIX!” Bulk shouted trying to keep them on the road. Sunset leaped at the intruders and pulled out her sword, slicing the first ones head clean off before grabbing her gun and smacking the second one upside the head with it. It feel to the hood of the jeep as she flipped it over and activated the saw, going clean through its brain. She kicked it off the jeep and climbed back into it as they pulled up to a huge crater. The group climbed out and walked over to it. “So…

where’s the church?” Sunset asked.

Bulk pointed down into the hole and said, “about 15 years ago there was an earthquake and the church and graveyard sunk into the ground.”

Sunset looked down and sighed seeing the building. “Nothing is ever gonna be easy, is it?” She said before noticing a cable leading down. “You guys stand guard. Ill be back as soon as I can.” She said sliding her goggles down and pulling out her gun and leaped off the side, using her gun to ride the cable down.

Author's Note:

God I hate editing chapters on my craptop...

anyways, here is chapter 4 at long last! Took awhile as I tooka break to reread Fractured Sunlight. GOD I love that story. But now I got this back up and gotta say, enjoyed writing this part. So ya, how many of you can see the third crossover? and how many of you can spot the forth one? the third one Ive mentioned in the last few chapters, but the forth one Ivent eluded much to outside of some VERY hard to notice clues. But here we are, Sunset is about to enter her first dungeon. Now this means its gonna be awhile before the next chapter since Ill have to think up the thing. TO THE BRAINSTORMING CHAMBER!!!