• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,182 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,182

Chapter 3

Sunset leaped over a massive pit of Lava as she used her new wings to fly right over it. “Gotta admit, never thought Id actually like these demon wings.” She said landing inside an old subway tunnel. Folding them away, she turned and saw a lit fire in a trash can further in the tunnel with some people standing next to it. Sunset walked forward pulling her hood, goggles, and mask down and stepped by the fire. The group standing around it turned to the newcomer and gasped at who they saw.

“Sunset Shimmer?” An older man with red skin and orange hair asked looking at her. Sunset nodded as the group slide away.

“We thought you were dead!” a man with blue hair and yellow skin exclaimed as a woman with black hair and gray skin turned to him and said, “Maybe she still is and she’s one of those Zombies walking around…” Sunset frowned and stepped forward.

“Do I LOOK like I’m a zombie?” she said with a hint of anger in her voice. The trio looked abit stunned and calmed down abit.

“That still doesn’t explain how your alive.” The Blue haired man said.

Sunset sighed and nodded. “I did die one hundred years ago, but was recently brought back to defeat The Calamity…. Like, about five hours ago.”

The older man frowned and stepped forward. “That cant be true.” He said making a fist. “Your just a demon in disguise!” He said with rage getting ready to hit her only for Sunset to stop his fist with her palm only for her mind’s eye to open again.


Big Mac was walking forward carrying a casket with Flash Sentry, Bulk Biceps, and Rainbow Dash. Big Mac looked up at the sky as it was beginning to cry.

‘Why does every time there is a funeral it has to rain?” He thought to himself as they brought the casket to the hole dug out for Sunset. They set her to the side as Celestia begun to talk about Sunset Shimmer. He still couldn’t believe Sunset Shimmer actually took her life. Sure ya, he thought she was Anon-A-Miss like everyone else, but after awhile he had begun to think it over on how the MyStable page was set up to look like Sunset had done it. Big Mac then saw how she had fallen apart in the hall’s after her friends, his sister included, abandoned her. He had planned to talk to Applejack on it that night and to apologize to Sunset the next day. However, he never got the chance. She never showed up to school the next week, or the week after. Then she was announced to have killed herself. Big Mac came back to reality as it was time to put her to rest. They lifted her up and lowered her in the hole. Big Mac looked up and saw Rainbow Dash crying. Big Mac felt abit proud. Not that she was hurt, but that she was the only friend that had offered to be a poll barer. Even at losing her friend, and had realized she had fucked up badly, she still remained loyal to her.


Sunset let go of Big Mac’s fist and looked at him.

“Why didn’t you talk to me first before going to Applejack?” she asked causing Big Mac to blink.

“How did you know about that?” he asked as she looked at her hands.

“I don’t know… I just touched you and suddenly I could see your memories.”

Big Mac nodded just accepting it and replied, “I figured she was my actual family and that she needed to be put in her place. I thought you were strong enough that you would last til next week… but that didn’t happen.”

Sunset frowned and gave him a hug to which he returned. Flash stepped forward and said, “we were all upset over your death. We all felt guilty and even tried to make a memorial to remember you… Sadly thanks to the Calamity, its been wiped out…” He said sitting next to his guitar. “Octavia here even played for the service…”

Sunset turned to Octavia and gave a soft smile. "I bet it sounded nice.” She said to which Octavia nodded.

“It was. I wish I could let you hear it, but I had lost the music sheet’s long ago and my memory of it has been lost out of having to run and hide all the time.” Sunset patted her shoulder and smiled.

“It’s ok. It probably wouldn’t of been smart to play anyways thanks to the Demon’s everywhere.” She said as Octavia nodded.

“So what’s with the get up?” Flash asked looking Sunset up and down.

“Rainbow Dash’s idea. She said the way I was dressed when I met her wouldn’t last long against what all is out there. I honestly don’t get the design though.” She said looking at her shirt and pants.

“Well it looks cool none the less. Especially dig the goggles and hood. Really adds a waste lander feel to it, which since were living in one, makes sense.” Flash added with a slight chuckle.

Sunset chuckled and shrugged. “I guess. Well… I have to make my way to Manehatten now. Do you guys know the way?” She said as Big Mac nodded and pointed down the tunnel.

“Keep heading that way and you should find a hole leading to Manehatten.” He said.

Octavia stepped forward and asked, “Did Rainbow Dash by chance give you a map?” Sunset nodded and pulled out the phone she was given.

“May I see it?” Octavia asked holding her hand out. Sunset nodded and handed it over. Octavia opened the map function and sighed. “Just as I thought. She only had a map of the area around the school. Here, come with me real quick.” She said and stepped into an old subway car. Sunset followed as Octavia was hooking her phone up to a computer downloading something. A minute later she handed the phone back to her.

“Open your map now.” She said. Sunset nodded and did so. She noticed there were now a new layer to the map under Canterlot high. “I just added the subway tunnels to your map. With this you should be able to navigate your way down here much easier.” Octavia said as Sunset smiled and put the phone away.

“Thank you. She said.

Octavia nodded and turned back to the computer. “When you get to other villages ask them to update your map for you. That way your never lost.” Sunset nodded and tirned to leave.

Flash stepped forward as she leaped out of the train car and hugged her. “It was great seeing you again Sunset.” He said with a smile.

Sunset nodded with a smile and said, “Likewise Flash. It was great seeing all of you. I just wish people don’t hate me like Lyra and Bon-Bon did…” she sighed as Big Mac patted her on the back.

“Unfortunately, you died at a time everyone had negative thoughts about you… so it will take some convincing on your part to change their minds.” He said with a frown. Sunset nodded and readjusted her gear.

“Guess I better get going. Thank you once again!” she said before jogging down the tunnel.


Sunset turned the corner and spotted where Big Mac said the entrance to Manehatten was. She made her way there only to spot two guard’s standing next to the entrance. As Sunset approached, she noticed they didn’t look like Demon’s as they had angelic wings on their backs while covered in some pretty bulky and regal armor. Suddenly one of them noticed her and spun its sword at her.

“HALT!” he said with a frown.

Sunset raised her hands in defense and said, “Im here looking for my friends. I was told one of them was in Manehatten.”

The second guard stomped forward and leaned down to her. “So what? Manehatten is off limits to you She-Demon.” Sunset took a step back at the name but regained her composure.

“Im no longer that girl.” She said confidently. The guards stood there for a few seconds before busting out laughing.

“Oh really? Then explain the wings on your back and the freeing of Samael!” the first guard said. Sunset was taken aback by the comment and sighed.

”I was told Samael was the only one that could help me face the Calamity Sparkle. He granted me my old demon wings back so I could make my way here. He said one of my friends was trapped here.” She said looking up at the guard who slowly frowned at the story.

“I see…” he turned around and waved for her to follow him.


They stepped into the city as Sunset looked around her at the ruined city. Everywhere around her windows were smashed, a majority of the buildings destroyed, and the entire sky was covered in ash. She also noticed spray painted everywhere was a red cog with a skull in the middle. The Guard stopped causing her to run into him. “Sorry got distracted.” She said. The Guard frowned but nodded and pointed ahead.

“Up there is a military function called ‘The C.O.G.’. They were formed shortly after the Calamity started. They can help you reach the Church where Lady Applejack is held captive.” He said as Sunset stepped forward.

“So Applejack was brought here…” she muttered as the guard nodded.

“She wouldn’t go in without a fight, and normally she would of broke free in mere seconds, however, she has lost her connection to her magic after your death.” He said to which Sunset turned to him.

“How did yo-“ She asked only to get interrupted. “Were Angel’s. We see a great deal.” Sunset nodded and turned towards were he pointed.

“I swear Ill free my friends and stop the Calamity.” She said stepping forward only to stop and turn around. “Hey, do you kno-“ she started to ask only to see the Angel go back into the tunnel. “Guess Ill ask later.” She muttered before heading into the village.

Author's Note:

took abit longer to get this chapter typed... thanks to Work (its inventory time for Dollar General) and my second playthrough of Breath of the Wild, but here it is. Special thanks go to diablo4000 for offering ideas for the story. Now for this chapter, I didnt get to make it as long as I wanted, but I did get to throw in a reference to the third crossover with this story... just in case you still didnt know this was more than a Breath of the Wild story... speaking of which, Im gonna get back to that story for a chapter. Remember to point out any spelling errors.

also, for anyone wondering when Sunset will find out who Anon-A-Miss was, Im gonna wait til she free's Applejack. seem's like a good place to find out.