• Published 1st Mar 2017
  • 3,181 Views, 119 Comments

Sunset Shimmer: Savior of the Future - knigsonic



Sunset Shimmer is broken, abandonded, and ends it all, but when she wakes up 100 years later, she must stop the Darkness she was supposed to defeat.

  • ...
19
 119
 3,181

Chapter 6

Unbeknown to Sunset as she cleaned the blood of the horseman off her new Crossblade, a lone figure stood hiding in the basement rafters, only a lone eye was visible as she squeezed her fists.

"Hmm... seems there are indeed other versions of Sunset that actually stand a chance against the Horsemen... This shall be interesting..." She said before a portal opened beside her and she floated through it.

======================================================

Sunset looked around her as the barrier that had appeared earlier soon vanished. "Guess now I can explore these rooms to see if there's a way to enter." She said putting the Crossblade away. Making her way to the right path, she was greeted by a massive turn table in the middle of a pool of lava with some strange red crystals stopping the gears from working.

"Hmm, wonder if there's any way to blow those up..." She muttered making her way to the middle of the chamber. Suddenly the same creatures from when they drove here burst out of the lava, now caught on fire.

"OH SHIT!" Sunset screamed as they shot fireballs at her. She leapt back abit avoiding the now burning metal and pulled out her Crossblade. Looking up, she quickly calculated the throw needed and hurled the boomerang like weapon at one, slicing its wings off before flying towards the second one, cutting its head off before flying back to her. Sighing, she turned to the left to see some kind of black spiky ball growing out of the wall.

"That might do something" She said jumping onto the cog's below and leaping across the lava towards a couple of footholds in the wall as she made her way up it to the spiky ball. Reaching up and pulling it from the wall, she watched as it suddenly began to glow and pulse red.

"Uh oh" She said before turning around and throwing it at the crystal only for it to explode upon impact, starting the gears back up. Soon she heard the sound of something being lowered from the other room.

"Guess starting this back up did something in there." Sunset said grabbing onto some growth on the side of the wall and made her way back up to the first chamber. Entering it, she noticed a crystal had lowered down to the right side of the door.

"Interesting..." She muttered before throwing her Crossblade causing the glow to go from white to yellow, only to go back to white.

"Sunset there's still another switch to be hit. You'll need to go to the other chamber to activate the switch. Please hurry" Sunset heard Applejack's voice call out to her. Nodding she jogged into the other chamber.

=========================================================

Lilith walked into the throne room of her lover looking up at Calamity Sparkle. "My queen, it should please you to know that the one called Sunset Shimmer has been dealt with by my Son War." She said bowing before her. Calamity smirked and stood up walking towards her.

"Is that so?" She said before standing before her. "Then you deserve a reward my love." She said before her hand became a claw and slapped Lilith across the face. "FOR FAILING ME! SUNSET REMAINS ALIVE AND YOUR SON IS NO MORE" Calamity Sparkle screamed into her face, her eyes lighting on fire in pure rage. Lilith put a claw to her face, shocked at what Calamity did, but more shocked at what she screamed.

"No... that's not possible... A mere mortal can not hope to stand against a Nephilem... Let alone one of the Four..." Suddenly a new voice was heard from behind the throne.

"Thats what you think..." Lilith looked up as a strange being walked out from behind. She had a gem merged to her chest and a mask covering her face, only her horn and left eye were showing as her mane and tail just floated behind her as energy like wings hung on her back. Finally on her flank she had a mark of the infinity sign. Calamity grinned turning to the newcomer.

"Lilith, meet Infinite. The being who made me possible." The new comer known as Infinite merely chuckled.

"Oh please Sparkle, I may of given you the power, but all this was all you." Infinite said walking beside her. "No other version of you would be able to do this, since they usually get stopped at the Friendship games, but You are the only one to of gotten lucky that Sunset Shimmer killed herself thanks to those three girls. Shame those blasted Angels brought her back..." She said with Venom dripping from her voice. Calamity Sparkle frowned at hearing this.

"What do you mean by only version of me?" She asked to which Infinite turned to face her with her only eye showing.

"Ah yes, thats right. You didn't care to break your universe to learn about magic. you just wanted revenge on everyone who wronged you. Well my dear, allow me to explain..."

============================================================

Sunset grunted pushing the rotating switch pushing the giant gears to get the switch to drop from the ceiling. Soon she heard the sound of it lowering and sighed as she stood up from the exhausting job. "There... that should get the door open..." she said out of breath and walked back to the chamber to see two white switches ready to be activated. Sunset smirked and leaped into the air, throwing the crossblade at both switches, causing them to go from white to yellow, only to go red the moment both lit up.

"Excellent!" She said catching the blade. She watched as the massive door opened and she rang into the room. Looking down, she saw a chamber with five pillars around it. Leaping down, she noticed that the pillars each had wires moving towards the center of the room. Suddenly, she heard AJ's voice again.

"Great job Sunset. You've almost done it. Hurry and destroy the pillars before the guard comes!" She said only for the floor to rumble. "Uh Oh... To late... Look out Sunset!" Applejack shouted as she turned around to see a part of the floor slide away as a new floor rose up as a new being stood on the platform. Sunset squinted her eyes as she could of sworn this person had 3 heads.

"Who are you?" she asked drawing her sword and shield out. The heads chuckled as one of them said, "Oh poor Sunset Shimmer, she doesn't remember us, now does she?" Another one giggled and said, "Maybe we should give her a reminder, Eh Adagio?" Sunset gasped hearing the name as the third head said, "Long as we can eat her. Its been like FOREVER since we've had a decent meal and our stomach is killing me!"

Sunset got into a fighting stance as the figure stepped forward. "The Dazzlings... What happened to you?" She looked at them as their heads now sat on a single pair of shoulders with their body taking mostly after Adagio with her sisters on the outside of their body, but their limbs seemed to be Aria and Sonata's but with Adagio's color skin in the middle of their limps showing she could control their body more than her sisters. Adagio smiled at the flame headed girl and showed off their body.

"Oh this? this is just a present from the Calamity herself! That way wed have the power to crush anyone who goes after Applejack as one. And she loves having a 3 headed sex doll." She said with a grin as her sisters giggled.

Sunset frowned and spun her sword. "And what makes you three think you'll stop me?" she said only to hear a strange sound from above. She looked up to see a masked stranger float out of a vortex.

"That would be my cue." a sinister female voice was heard from it as she floated to the Dazzlings and raised her hand to them, energy flowing out of her. "Oh Sunset Shimmer... How I hate you and your miserably goody goody two shoes existence." She said as the energy went into the three headed girl. Sunset frowned at hearing this.

"How can you hate me? I don't even know you!" She said as the pony turned around to face her.

"Oh I know a great DEAL about you... But you may call me... Infinite... in what remains of your time. Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to Calamity Sparkle at once for her training..." She said venom drooling from her voice as she glitched out of existence. Sunset frowned and looked at the Dazzlings only to be shocked at the three headed girl began to grow scales and claws out of them as a massive tail shot out of their back. Giant wings formed from their back as their necks extended becoming more serpent like. Soon Sunset was staring at a three headed Siren as they roared at her, knocking her into the wall. Pulling herself out, she tightened her grip on her weapons and prepared for the fight ahead of her.

Author's Note:

God its been... what, 6 months since the last chapter? Sorry, been busy as of late, but here we are. Nearing the end of the first dungeon, and Whats this, Infinite has joined the story? Why wont that guy just stay in her own story?